AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-08, 12:45   Link #321
Langus
Optimus Prime

Be the bigger man and don't lower yourself to their level.

You're right, it does come with time. At some point (25? haha) we learn and accept that not everyone is going to agree with how we view something, especially something as subjective as a manga. People interpret the same panel 10 different ways - we see it week to week here on AS.

All you can really do is make your point, present your evidence and see where the discussion goes. If someone wants to be a belligerant ass and resort to petty name calling, etc. just sit back and smile knowing that instead of coming up with a logical, rational argument to rebut yours they had to restort to that.

(Christ, I sound like my father...)

Just to keep this on topic... I'm heding bets that we're going back to HM this week to see a nice three to five week end to Yammy and recap with Orihime before heading back to KK town (only to realize that HAX Aizen actually isn't dead)
Old 2010-02-08, 13:12   Link #322
Farscape
Secondman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Making friends I see...

I've learned over the years and my dealings with the apocalypse that was the "Ichigo or Orihime?/Ichigo or Rukia?" thread that those who have a point make it and when it's strong they have no need to resort to thinly veiled personal attacks.

If you want an example check out some of Amirali's posts. That guy always says what he thinks with decorum and *gasp* people actually agree (or at the very least begrudgingly admit that while they don't agree with his view they can certainly see his point). The man conducts himself with class and hasn't yet found it necessary to criticize another poster's views on a given topic.

I wish there were more like him around.
You are right, but some people are just so childish it makes it really hard not to burst at all of annoyance let alone making a little defying comment like that which is true anyway but yeah offcourse you can just leave people in their dignity. Its just he didn't grasp it at all and then when he sees he's wrong, he doesn't admit it (not that it matters), so he chooses the cowards way out by trying to highlight that he is above it by pinch pointing little comments that prickle his dignity. Alot of people are like that. Whatever i guess.
Old 2010-02-08, 14:45   Link #323
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
I have nothing against komomaru, i was merely defending the points i made on him in all cases if you wanna see that as a 'sexual frustation' by all means don't hold back.
just doing what you've been doing with the argument though maybe I was a bit presumptuous with my first interjection, but the appearance to give the feeling of back peddling a bit. Saying "whatever" can be used as a cop-out for not wanting to argue the point anymore and then go on to change the subject a bit. Insulting people doesn't help your stance any either.

Quote:
and they were shocked thats why they were on the run, i guess being far more superior and not shocked at all, just a little bit suprised would make people run.. two strong captains lol. The image of Zaraki runningit's just so funny i mean comon are you serious? Zaraki even said that was one hell of a cero and Byakyua then even critized Kenpachi on his powerassesment of the enemy. How could they have not been shocked lol.
no...they weren't shocked, and were hardly on the run, dodging Yammi's punches and cero, yes...on the run? hardly. When Ichigo was trying to get away from Ulquiorra...yeah, that's being on the run.

look at their facial expressions and read the dialogue, the only real shock that was shown was when Yammi made himself even bigger, everything before that it was like *sigh* and *will you just go away?* Kenpachi has typically always had the arrogant kind of surprise..."oh? so you can still go eh?"

Quote:
I said i think it's funny how most try to make their own story
easily can be mistaken for telling someone they're making stuff up, my bad.

durability can be used as a measurement of strength, that is correct, but Yammi is slow even while fighting Kenpachi and Byakuya, that whatever strength he has...it's wasted. But...maybe we'll see some feats of strength when Kubo actually decides to go back to Hueco Mundo.

Quote:
I mentioned Komomaru because that was the source of the argument.
even if he was the source of the argument, it still had no place for the subject that Yammi was keeping two captains busy. You could of just as easily said "I'd like to see Komamura take the punch Kenpachi did from Yammi." That would of made more sense than him getting hit by two captains...

Quote:

(Christ, I sound like my father...)

scary isn't it?
Old 2010-02-08, 15:11   Link #324
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Lightbulb Thread Created

Please continue the discussion of new chapter there ..

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-02-24 at 03:37.
Old 2010-02-08, 20:53   Link #325
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
You are right, but some people are just so childish it makes it really hard not to burst at all of annoyance let alone making a little defying comment like that which is true anyway but yeah offcourse you can just leave people in their dignity. Its just he didn't grasp it at all and then when he sees he's wrong, he doesn't admit it (not that it matters), so he chooses the cowards way out by trying to highlight that he is above it by pinch pointing little comments that prickle his dignity. Alot of people are like that. Whatever i guess.
You've completely missed my point, it seems. What may be true to you is not necessarily true to someone else. Being the bigger man means accepting that and moving on.
Old 2010-02-08, 20:54   Link #326
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
scary isn't it?
It's f'cking terrifying. I never thought I'd see the day. Ever.
Old 2010-02-08, 23:58   Link #327
Farscape
Secondman

Quote:
You've completely missed my point, it seems. What may be true to you is not necessarily true to someone else. Being the bigger man means accepting that and moving on.
No i didn't, i understood what you meant however i didn't follow it as i didn't choose to be the bigger man, i choose to be a challanger or an instigator, that is what i was admitting.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion