AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-30, 09:17   Link #861
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post

By the way, does anyone think that they split up the scenes in each route and assigned them to each writer base on their strengths? For example, I would think the beginning of Lucia's route was Ryukishi, the romance was Yuuto/Romeo, and the finale was Romeo/Ryukishi, as far as who wrote the scenes... Maybe Ryukishi made the "storyboard". There are so many mini genre shifts in each route...
Moogy said this on his twitter:
Quote:
As far as I know/can tell: Romeo did Kotori/Akane/Moon/Terra, Ryuukishi did Lucia, Tonogawa did Chihaya/Shizuru
I have never heard of switching writers in the middle of a route. And those genre shifts is actually pretty typical of Ryukishi (Both Umineko and Higurashi has it's fair share of romantic and sweet scenes but also scary or generally weird scenes).
Old 2011-07-30, 20:10   Link #862
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Ok, I think I have something worth discussing now. I've done a lot of thinking and I think I understand the themes, the plot, and the conflicting ideals almost to a point in Lucia's route now. I hope I can be done worrying about her route for now. Be prepared for length.
Spoiler for Searching for meaning in Lucia's Route:

Well I read that they hired someone to do all the ero scenes in LB(I really want to say this was confirmed in an interview). Knowing Ryukishi's forte is horror, I could see them transplanting horror scenes/occult events, etc. But opinions aside, what I really wanted to know is if someone could confirm that with a magazine interview with the writers...

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-12 at 23:53.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 22:15   Link #863
Balzac
Assistant Professor

It is to be appreciated how passionate you've been about a single character. It reminds me of someone in '05 ranting about Tomoyo of Clannad.

You've hit many points home in your mini-review, and it's gratifying to see someone who gives much thought to an individual route to the exclusion of others.

Yet again though,
Spoiler for Lucia:

I won't bother reiterating a point I said some posts above, but once you do get around to finishing the whole game, have a peek into the spoilers I've already written. It outlines my frustration about this game and its story.

Edit: Finally!

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-07-30 at 22:27.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 23:07   Link #864
Tomoyo89

How long does it usually take for music that gets sold at Comiket to be later sold at sites such as cdjapan?
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 00:02   Link #865
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Yet again though,
Spoiler for Lucia:

Spoiler for Lucia, Kanon:

Can you still say that you've read a lot of dates with that sort of setting, as romantic as that, (Forget whether the character is cute and lovable as that's subjective), a date that doesn't skip any parts and is explained in full detail? One that has a good length so that it isn't fleeting,
Spoiler for Lucia:
Let's hear some titles and characters if you can.
Anybody?
Spoiler for Another thought about the route without looking at it with emotion:

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-07-31 at 03:43. Reason: Added a Kanon Tag
Old 2011-07-31, 00:37   Link #866
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really want to read in all the spoilers, but I recalled how that ruined lost of Little Busters plot a few years ago...

Quote:
they choose, heck they made Kud Wafter. About Kud Wafter, I am actually really happy that they made that.
You can't be serious...it seemed like it was just for sales. It seems to be the least favorite KEY game by a very good percentage. I don't even want merchandise from this.

OT: I would love to see KEY make an Otome game just so I could read some back stories of male characters they could write for.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 01:11   Link #867
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I can't name titles (that I've forgotten), and I can't name characters (that I've forgotten again). I believe you're referring to "that" scene, and "that" cg as the "perfect setup".

If you'll pardon me saying, all this talk about a single "date" and its effect on readers is not something I'd intended to go into. It's very much subjective, and others may look deeper into and be affected more than anyone else. As I've said, I cannot name a specific date (and here we limit it to dates, with main characters, with a touching scene at the end, in other similar media, i.e. eroge/visual novel) that would illustrate similarities. Probably the only thing that springs immediately to mind is an obscure game from Atelier-Kaguya that led to lots of obscene scenes at the outset, but involved such a saccharine character that it made me feel queasy.

Someone else who finished Lucia route and who feels for the emotional elements in it can discuss it with you better than I can, as that simply is not something I can get into. You've made your point clear, and I can see what you wanted to get across. I apologize for the refusal, but I generally don't get into the genre for the "rabu~rabu~".

On another note, my contact up there says he can't send me a copy of the soundtrack asap I'm hoping he can just rip some tracks from the cd and send 'em to me; there're only a few tracks I'd really love to acquire.
Old 2011-07-31, 01:19   Link #868
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I really want to read in all the spoilers, but I recalled how that ruined lost of Little Busters plot a few years ago...

You can't be serious...it seemed like it was just for sales. It seems to be the least favorite KEY game by a very good percentage. I don't even want merchandise from this.
I have an explanation for that. I wanted to see more of Kud's story, when I finished LB, Kud's story was probably my favorite story including the true end(I played ecstacy version). She was my favorite character too, so I was really happy to have that sequel. Whether it was good or bad is a whole 'nother topic altogether. I can say that I definitely got my full of Kud(I didn't finish yet), although I think her character changed a lot, which made it less fun than the original. Regardless of it being bad or good, it was a game I wanted to see.

Heh, I'm thinking about playing it again. I kind of look forward to the calm and tranquility from that game after Rewrite...

KW is pure slice of life and that unspeakable stuff... it is very unique. By the same token so is Rewrite, but people were calling for a Kud Spinoff, she was the most popular character behind Rin. The idea was great, a VN completely devoted to slice of life, romance and one main interest. On a character that was very popular.

By the way I hope we don't get another loli spinoff, it sure seems they are marketing her though, and in that way... we already know the VA is willing too . Does anyone know if Lucia's VA does Ero? Ero or no ero though, it would probably be a very dark game, even as much as I've expressed that I like the character, I am apprehensive. Damnit, I'll buy it though. If they have to make a spinoff, personally my vote would be for Lucia. (Definitely my desire to see more romance with her and not more action talking here.)

Leo, you're very brave to be on this forum if you're going to be avoiding spoilers! I wouldn't even google something with the word rewrite in it . In fact you remind me I shouldn't be here till I'm done with the true route. I spent this entire day writing Lucia essays...
Old 2011-07-31, 01:33   Link #869
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post

OT: I would love to see KEY make an Otome game just so I could read some back stories of male characters they could write for.
That would make for a very annoying girl, following the trend seen in Key games.

I've only ever played 2 or 3 otome games, and I have some reservations picturing a Key protagonist insinuating herself into the other male leads' lives, uncovering their secrets and whatnot. And then in the end, becoming their personal rock..

I don't know. It'd look interesting, and Key has proven it can make likable male characters and apply the Key formula somewhat to them. Making them into leads though, is more than just a shift in focus for Key...
Old 2011-07-31, 01:54   Link #870
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
I can't name titles (that I've forgotten), and I can't name characters (that I've forgotten again). I believe you're referring to "that" scene, and "that" cg as the "perfect setup".

If you'll pardon me saying, all this talk about a single "date" and its effect on readers is not something I'd intended to go into. It's very much subjective, and others may look deeper into and be affected more than anyone else. As I've said, I cannot name a specific date (and here we limit it to dates, with main characters, with a touching scene at the end, in other similar media, i.e. eroge/visual novel) that would illustrate similarities. Probably the only thing that springs immediately to mind is an obscure game from Atelier-Kaguya that led to lots of obscene scenes at the outset, but involved such a saccharine character that it made me feel queasy.

Someone else who finished Lucia route and who feels for the emotional elements in it can discuss it with you better than I can, as that simply is not something I can get into. You've made your point clear, and I can see what you wanted to get across. I apologize for the refusal, but I generally don't get into the genre for the "rabu~rabu~".
I understand it is just one date, but it is what the
Spoiler for Lucia:
Perhaps I'm asking for a happy-go-lucky romantic date that is good enough for an entire route to revolve around?

I understand if you don't walk to talk anymore about rabu rabu , I'll be sure to read your posts in full once I'm done with the true route. It'd be my pleasure to discuss the meaning of the whole game then .

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-07-31 at 02:20.
Old 2011-07-31, 02:36   Link #871
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Spoiler for Lucia:
You have no idea how prophetic that sounded if you haven't read Moon yet. Though it's just a minor scene; I don't know how you would feel about that when you come to it.
Old 2011-07-31, 03:17   Link #872
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
You have no idea how prophetic that sounded if you haven't read Moon yet. Though it's just a minor scene; I don't know how you would feel about that when you come to it.
Spoiler for Lucia:
Old 2011-07-31, 03:27   Link #873
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Spoiler for Lucia:
Wait what? From where did you get that idea? I would understand not wanting to play the entire game because the first routes haven't been satisfactory, but not for those nonexistent reasons. And yes, it is a minor scene, as I've said, and for me, it held significance in that it invoked the memory of Lucia.
Old 2011-07-31, 03:48   Link #874
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Wait what? From where did you get that idea? I would understand not wanting to play the entire game because the first routes haven't been satisfactory, but not for those nonexistent reasons. And yes, it is a minor scene, as I've said, and for me, it held significance in that it invoked the memory of Lucia.
Moon's characters are all female and it is an Eroge? Horror is listed on the wiki. I played Eternal Fighter Zero a long time ago and saw her moves too :P. I don't seek out horror. It's not a judgement of whether it's bad or good, not at all, just a judgement based on that it's horror.
Old 2011-07-31, 03:59   Link #875
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Moon, I meant Moon route, aw man That scene occurs in Moon route of Rewrite.
Old 2011-07-31, 04:09   Link #876
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Moon, I meant Moon route, aw man That scene occurs in Moon route of Rewrite.
Lol, I started Moon route yesterday. Ah, you're killing me man, lol. I didn't want spoilers from Rewrite! Ah if it's minor, no big deal. :P
Spoiler for Rewrite:

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-07-31 at 05:29.
Old 2011-07-31, 18:00   Link #877
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I would recommend for anyone reading Rewrite for the first time in the future not to do as I did and steamroll through it within hours. It's a rookie mistake that I keep repeating ever since I completed Clannad's After Story without ever doing any other relevant route in the School Routes. You lose a lot of impressions and some themes and clues may be missed. I was lucky to be perceptive enough to get them as I read past.

Done with my third completion of the game; it is overall a good game. Now where's my animation?? A lot of people over at Key's review section are clamoring for it And I cannot wait enough for the third week of August to come.
Old 2011-07-31, 21:22   Link #878
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

I read slowly through Lucia's route again, I've come to be ok with all the parts now . It's a cool route. I was too emotionally charged the first time.
Spoiler for Lucia:
Old 2011-08-01, 03:34   Link #879
etalocohc84

If this game ever gets animated, I hope that it is ~50 episodes. Since the heroines' routes are mutually exclusive, but still important, the anime should have something similar to the story arc "reset" in Higurashi.

The only animation studio I believe can pull off a decent job is KyoAni, considering the relation it has with previous KEY games. I'm afraid that other studios might have budget issues doing long series and will try changing so much that they butcher the story.

I also want Oppai Route as an extra episode. Maybe even an episode where

Spoiler for Terra route:
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 05:25   Link #880
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

I really want to see full version of this pictures. Kotori, Sizuru and Rin so moe!!: http://www.anibro.jp/maker/va2011/
Spoiler for :
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel