AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 09:27   Link #1521
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh, and 10 bucks says the fat chick will be all over Ichigo.
You say that like it is a bad thing. "Fat girls need love too...they just have to pay." ~ Quagmire.

---

revelations of Ichigo's bankai were interesting, but undoubtedly he'll just shove some Shinigami, Quincy, Hollow, and that other thing I've already forgotten powers into the sword and 'whoosh' new and stronger bankai (it'll even have a moe loli soul inside).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:37   Link #1522
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Ichigo will now use Quincy Powers. I'm calling it first

also, I'm guessing that Hikifune is the slimmer woman
the one beside that big guy and that crazy looking guy

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:40   Link #1523
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
ok, the bankai talk was a good thing, finally we have learned something new without having the feeling Kubo pulled it out of his ass

now please just hand Zangetsu over to Orihime, oh, why not let Shunsui do the delivery and let her heal his eye(even though I like the eyepatch and it's a nice reference to Stark)... we all know Yamamoto was not an example to follow on this topic

now for the Zero Squad... Kubo could have just made them arrive in a clown car - ok that's probably too harsh, Mature-Soifon and the Bosozoku Guy look interesting enough
Old 2012-11-14, 10:04   Link #1524
Lunarskylar

i feel bad for ikkaku.... it's not like his bankai was all that strong to begin with...

maybe if we're lucky, the middle guy is yamajii's kid. or kubo's like... we lost our beard guy, we need a new one asap!

Last edited by Lunarskylar; 2012-11-14 at 10:30.
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:56   Link #1525
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

....what the hell... That last page just killed me... ><

Give me back my 2.5 minutes of reading time, Kubo...
Old 2012-11-14, 11:04   Link #1526
Xagzan

Quick, someone get beard guy a Viking helmet, stat!
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:08   Link #1527
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
After watching lots of One Piece, I can safely say these characters are mad powerful. Imo, Byakuya/Yamoto-like Zero Squad, would feel kinda.... generic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It'd be great if it had an interesting power too, rather than getsuga tenshou.
Well, Getsuga Tenshou is just as iconic as Kamehameha, Rasengan, Pegasus Ryuseiken, and the like... He just needs powerful versions and maybe a second/power-up form, like bounding it to his sword or something.
Old 2012-11-14, 11:24   Link #1528
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
ok, the bankai talk was a good thing, finally we have learned something new without having the feeling Kubo pulled it out of his ass
He did though. I went back to check and Renji's bankai had been entirely destroyed by Byakuya, not just a few parts. Mayuri is supposed to have remodeled his destroyed bankai but it looked exactly the same when he used it against #8. Kubo's clearly not thought this through.

It's just an excuse to give Ichigo a new set of powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Well, Getsuga Tenshou is just as iconic as Kamehameha, Rasengan, Pegasus Ryuseiken, and the like... He just needs powerful versions and maybe a second/power-up form, like bounding it to his sword or something.
Oh, I'm sure he'll keep Getsuga Tenshou, but I want him to have other abilities besides it. Ichigo is too much of a one-trick pony.
Old 2012-11-14, 11:40   Link #1529
SeanQ

At this point...big deal if they're stronger than gotei 13...they're a joke =p Fodder are stonger
Old 2012-11-14, 11:40   Link #1530
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Just what Bleach needed, more characters!
Old 2012-11-14, 11:40   Link #1531
Awrya
U mad?

So broken bankais can't be fixed, it is time for a new power-up!
Orihime would be the solution, but looks like she's forgotten by the majority of characters. We'll probably have some 50+ chapter with Ichigo trying to get his bankai repaired, while Orihime could do it in 2 pages
Old 2012-11-14, 11:44   Link #1532
Eragon
Still Alive

I'm still ready to forget all this train wreck IF kubo brings back Hollow Ichigo........But seeing as his Bankai isn't going to be repaired anytime soon and the forshadowing(or rather blatant display) of his quincy powers it's most probably not going to happen >_>
Old 2012-11-14, 12:14   Link #1533
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

I always clung to the silly idea that kubo would rip off the well know Bleach OC's characters like Amadalia Moonsong, Drazon Fukkashi, Blaze Kagayaku, Mathew Cimitara Suraisa, and Saya Miyabi and use them in the manga. The fanfictions in bleach will always be better then the actual weekly chapter.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:27   Link #1534
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
I want chapters like this where it feels like it last longer simply because it was more talk then action. Don't get me wrong, action is awesome but it always feels like it only takes a few seconds to finish off a chapter if there isn't anything else by action (which sometimes, at least for me, gets hard to interpret with all the white and black flashes Kubo does).

Good thing is we learn more about Bankai, nice. And we finally see the Zero Division. Also nice. Reaction of the Zero Devision.....mixed.

I get the whole "don't judge by cover" image, but a part of me can't help but think 'really'. I don't mind the beautiful + deadly women on the right (cause lets face it, no one wil mind) as she looks the least odd looking (Besides being surrounded by odd fellows). Though I also don't mind the Japanese delinquent looking dude on the left, nor do I mind Mr.Beardtashe in the middle.

But see, here's the thing, I could deal with maybe 1, or 2 ridiculous/weird people (in terms of design) in an all powerful elite team, but...4/5??? FOUR out of FIVE???!!! Are you serious Kubo? If this was another powerful force of the gotei, fine I can deal, but the thing is, as Kyoraku says along the lines, these guys are meant to be the "best of the best", but somehow I feel...cheated. And I know, benefit of the doubt, never judge by cover and all that but still, you can't help but think if Kubo is running out of char design ideas. I dunno, guess this is just me feeling like I didn't get what I hoped for when seeing Zero Division as a whole.

Finally, my last notes, I will feel like crap if Kubo trolls and reveals that the deadly beauty on the right isn't Kirio Hikifune but is actually the left plump lady. The other thing is, if there are only 5 members, and they guard the king....why the hell would you send in all your guardsmen? Now totally defenceless, that sort of action seems, dumb. Unless of course, the Spirit King is power enough itself, but then, why need a Royal Guard in the first place. *Sign

And just how are the Elite Royal Guard supposed to look like?
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:36   Link #1535
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Hey! Kuwabara is in Bleach and the middle guy looks like he came out of a SNK game o.O
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:44   Link #1536
Hunter6VI6
AVC818

I get the feeling Hiyori's former Captain is the Lady on the left.

She gives me a mommy vibe. Lady on the right looks Ice cold.

But appearances can be deceiving. I've seen enough One Piece clips to know that. :P

Also, that was a good point by Kanon about the bankai info.

EDIT: Kuwabara!! LOL didn't even think of that!!

Last edited by Hunter6VI6; 2012-11-14 at 12:46. Reason: eh
Hunter6VI6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:53   Link #1537
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Zero Squad!! Thank you Kubo for showing them...but why aren't they all badass looking? I mean what's with the chick on the far left?

I was hoping for Byakuya like people.
The squad zero reveal also reminds me of one piece or even naruto with the 4 kage reveal before the summit. i remember not liking their designs at first, especialy oonoki, but now i really like him and his character design. similarly with squad zero i think we just need to get to know them and their designs will make more sense as we get used to them. i think any 'different-looking' design would have been jarring and difficult to accept at first. and a bunch of byakuya clones would have been boring imho. i like most of these character designs already the more i think about them. the guy on the right is my only major concern look wise i'm generally not a fan of anime characters wearing shades though. i think the eyes in anime are too important to cover up in the artwork (unless we get semi-frequent glimpses like kamina in ttgl)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 13:05   Link #1538
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Just what Bleach needed, more characters!
Hey! Atleast its only 5....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You say that like it is a bad thing. "Fat girls need love too...they just have to pay." ~ Quagmire.
Old 2012-11-14, 13:20   Link #1539
Langus
Optimus Prime

^ Whatever man, fat chicks try harder. Skinny chicks are lazy/boring as hell. The educated man will know what I mean by this.

As for the chapter, I like that we finally got some content. Learning about the bankais was great. It finally gave some answers and sets up Ichigo for another inner session with his sword. Obviously he's intimately connected with his zanpaktou - that's been clear since the beginning. His out will be healing himself entirely first.

The designs for zero squad are interesting. I'm convinced more than ever now that Ichigo's "Dad" was formerly one of them. Seems to be the only way he fits into the story at this point. If Masaki was a Quincy then the two of them being together during the shinigami/quincy war could have been interpreted as an act of high treason = expulsion from SS.

Damn, I really hope that storyline gets fleshed out. Would be nice to finally have an answer.
Old 2012-11-14, 14:11   Link #1540
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

As for the chapter, I like that we finally got some content. Learning about the bankais was great. It finally gave some answers and sets up Ichigo for another inner session with his sword. Obviously he's intimately connected with his zanpaktou - that's been clear since the beginning. His out will be healing himself entirely first.

The designs for zero squad are interesting. I'm convinced more than ever now that Ichigo's "Dad" was formerly one of them. Seems to be the only way he fits into the story at this point. If Masaki was a Quincy then the two of them being together during the shinigami/quincy war could have been interpreted as an act of high treason = expulsion from SS.

Damn, I really hope that storyline gets fleshed out. Would be nice to finally have an answer.
The bankai info was great, but as we've seen with Renji and the canon omakes, his bankai was completely shattered and then Mayuri modified the spirit (turning it into a woman from the baboon with snake tail that we first saw it as). So by that logic, Renji's bankai shouldn't have ANY joints on it. But eh...the Komamura explanation was brilliant though...I've alway loved how he was connected to his bankai...him and Tousen had some prettycool out there bankais.

I love the designs of zero squad. First I thought they were crazy looking but then I read the chaper again and I love them. A lot of people whined about reused designs/characters and we get a change and they dont like it. It's about time the more happy, cheerful, comic relief people get into the spotlight. Last attempt we had was Hachi from the Vizards, and he got to show how powerful he was--so these people will definitely impress.

Also have to remember Kubo just introduced 26 (minus the dead ones) Stern Ritter's existences...so yeah, want Byakuya like characters, go look there. (Plus as bad as the arc was, the Fullbringers all had that 'badass' esque design to them as well, even Ichigo's random boss...so yeah, all welcomed. And that lady on the right? Amazing =D. Kubo has never really done lipstick lips on his characters...so I love it.

Definitely see Ichigo's dad being a part of the Zero Division, or better yet (to explain why Byakuya didn't recognize the Kurosaki name), he was on his way to joining Zero Division during the Quincy extermination but he was caught with Masaki and that caused him to be turned down and forced into hiding--very much stricken from the records...only problem is still Bach's 'my son...' statemnt
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter