AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 12 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-10, 04:29   Link #41
Zankoku12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicflier View Post
That's what i meant by unnoticeable ~
There're also Brelka and Strelka (did I say it right ?).Everything we have about Kud in the anime so far spelled "space".....and engrish XD
Old 2013-02-10, 04:31   Link #42
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
If Haruka already playful then Kanata need to be calm and cool if Kanata is like Haruka then the world will turn upside down and exploded.
Their actions and behaviors will reach a resonant frequency and in short time, reach critical levels resulting in a resonance disaster that takes down the entire country of Japan... The disaster will forever be known as the Saigusa-Futaki Continental Incident. A much bigger incident than the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The interactions between the twins does look interesting, but personality-wise, Anego-sama () and Kanata seem to have similar personalities, although Kanata doesn't seem to have Anego's playfulness.
Yeah Kanata is definitely missing that playfulness. However considering the position she's in (school and such), I don't think she will have any time to become playful. However once she's saved, there might be time for her to develop other cute points. Just look at all those images of her in scans and such like the one with her in a yukata or the one with her smiling. She really seems just like a normal girl now.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:38   Link #43
Dr. Casey

I'm curious about something. Did the twins' mother have sex and do other dirty husband-wife things with both her husbands, or was she only sexually involved with the guy that she was actually in love with (with the other husband basically just living with them as a friend and third wheel)? It's a tremendously fucked up situation either way, I believe this is the first time I've heard of someone being friendzoned by their own wife. I wonder if the Visual Novel expounded on the matter.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:38   Link #44
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

It's such a weird scenario. Who from that family wants to abuse those children, who's giving the orders? Who has the power? It's like everyone from that family are supposed to be mindless, faceless child-abusers, but they have to be smarter than that, who's pulling the strings? The girls should have some sort of personal relationship to the people that abused them, there's such an evil, invisible force, in this arc. There should be some villains, actual characters, that get sent to jail imo or for the girls to get revenge on in some way.

Who are these people? The father had to burn down a house and attempt murder in order to sever his ties, this route should have so much more than what there is.

Quote:
Is having 2 husbands even legal in Japan to begin with ?
If they reported child abuse,then polices found out about their sick tradition(but I doubt it since I think the family have enough money and power to hide it given how long they have hidden their secret from outsiders),wouldn't the mother and fathers in trouble as well ? lol

True, it would be sad if they gave up on their kids though because they were afraid for their own safety, and the dad that is already in jail, well, he didn't have anything to lose, lol. I got the idea that they were desperate to save the girls, which I dunno, is another plot hole I guess :P.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:39   Link #45
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Twins in anime are always the absolute opposite with each other.If Haruka already playful then Kanata need to be calm and cool if Kanata is like Haruka then the world will turn upside down and exploded.
Quote:
Their actions and behaviors will reach a resonant frequency and in short time, reach critical levels resulting in a resonance disaster that takes down the entire country of Japan... The disaster will forever be known as the Saigusa-Futaki Continental Incident. A much bigger incident than the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
The Day Japan HNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG'd?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:41   Link #46
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm curious about something. Did the twins' mother have sex and do other dirty husband-wife things with both her husbands, or was she only sexually involved with the guy that she was actually in love with (with the other husband basically just living with them as a friend and third wheel)? It's a tremendously fucked up situation either way, I believe this is the first time I've heard of someone being friendzoned by their own wife. I wonder if the Visual Novel expounded on the matter.
Wait, never mind; dumb question. She must have had sex with both since, well, Haruka and Kanata coming from different fathers is one of the focal points of the story. Derp.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:45   Link #47
Magicflier

Quote:
There're also Brelka and Strelka (did I say it right ?).Everything we have about Kud in the anime so far spelled "space".....and engrish XD
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-10, 04:51   Link #48
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Wait, never mind; dumb question. She must have had sex with both since, well, Haruka and Kanata coming from different fathers is one of the focal points of the story. Derp.
Spoiler for Harukas route in VN:

Unrelated, but I found it peculiar that the mother was the spitting image of Kanata but with Harukas' blue eyes. Interesting choice. Also the dad that went to prison, at least he got to shag such beauty before getting locked up, lol. That family tradition, yikes, you'd think they'd have rebelled against it before it got to that point...
Old 2013-02-10, 04:52   Link #49
Zankoku12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Spoiler for VN spoiler:

Watch from 1:44 - 1:52 and then imagining the disasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
True, it would be sad if they gave up on their kids though because they were afraid for their own safety, and the dad that is already in jail, well, he didn't have anything to lose, lol. I got the idea that they were desperate to save the girls, which I dunno, is another plot hole I guess :P.
Well what I was trying to say is that the parents wouldn't be able to save anyone
if they're all end up in jail
And who would people believe? Some mad man committed crime or a powerful rich and prestige family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicflier View Post
Spoiler:
Brelka and Strelka are the name of real Russia space dog is what I meant lol
And I was just joking about the engrish part Lol
Old 2013-02-10, 04:55   Link #50
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Spoiler for Harukas route in VN:

Unrelated, but I found it peculiar that the mother was the spitting image of Kanata but with Harukas' blue eyes. Interesting choice. Also the dad that went to prison, at least he got to shag such beauty before getting locked up, lol. That family tradition, yikes, you'd think they'd have rebelled against it before it got to that point...
Damn, the twins' mom was busy that day. So why did Jailtime Dad think the mom wasn't in love with him?
Old 2013-02-10, 05:14   Link #51
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:

Well what I was trying to say is that the parents wouldn't be able to save anyone
if they're all end up in jail
And who would people believe? Some mad man committed crime or a powerful rich and prestige family

Well that man is supposedly married to one of their daughters, and known the family forever it seems like, and the police would definitely search for a motive, so I think there should be a lot more to their backstory. But yea, I think the real answer is we're not supposed to question these things because it's an anime :P. Or at least re-read the route for answers, because I don't trust J.C. Staff :P.

Quote:
Damn, the twins' mom was busy that day. So why did Jailtime Dad think the mom wasn't in love with him?
Not sure, I forget a lot about the route, someone else feel free to take the question... I am kind of curious too, going to re-read the route, someone else can chime in.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:16   Link #52
Kudryavka

Quote:
She was not in love with Shou. She thought she was, but only because she was young, impressionable, and the family told her she should be. Right after the three have sex, she runs out of the house in a frenzy as she realizes how abnormal their situation is and, also, how she does not really love Shou that much. Somewhere between here and the break-in, she told him this, or more likely he just sensed it, it's easy to know when you're not wanted.

Shou loves her though, enough to go to jail and risk his life so that she can get away, and loves her enough to let her go with the man she loves more.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:18   Link #53
Dr. Casey

Shame. I thought Shou was handsomer and more interesting than the other guy.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:20   Link #54
Kudryavka

Quote:
Yeah, before he became a drunk bum.

It's so melancholic how Shou gave up his life for the woman he loves, and gains nothing more than satisfaction that she is in a better place now. Like a Shakespeare play, the romance ends in tragedy.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:30   Link #55
Zankoku12

There should be a OVA centered about the twin revenge on how they're gonna tortured and burn that sick family to death because I'm definitely gonna buy it .

Quote:
Well,there's still Kyosuke
Old 2013-02-10, 05:45   Link #56
Kudryavka

Quote:
Well,there's still Kyosuke
Muu, Kanata just came back! Mom can't be a cougar cheater with Kyousuke so soon.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-10, 07:37   Link #57
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
1)Minor details...

2)It's the same in the VN,we need some sad girls in rain to rival sad girls in snow and all.

1) If this episode wasn't picking up exactly where an epic cliffhanger left off, I wouldn't care so much. But cliffhangers by their very nature leave a strong impression. People will tend to remember the "minor details" of these cliffhangers. Plus, these changes don't add anything. Having Kanata already in a standing position to start this episode wouldn't take anything away from the opening scene of this episode, but it would make it consistent with last episode's cliffhanger. Honestly, this strikes me as a bit sloppy on JC Staff's part.

2) Then don't have the weather be so nice at the end of last episode.

The weather goes from this to this in like a minute or two. Yes, thunderstorms can start suddenly, but there was no thunder or lightning during this torrential rainfall. So this weather change is a bit much.

In fairness, the Komari arc had something similar to this, but at least that was a little less out of nowhere.

In any event, I have some advice for Kanata. Go to Hollywood. Now.

Kanata is an insanely good actress. At no point during her verbal lashings of Haruka did I think she was 100% faking it. I thought there might be a part of her that has sisterly affection for Haruka, and that Kanata was hiding this, but I never thought that Kanata's criticisms of Haruka were entirely fake and forced, as this episode now leads me to believe.

Kanata very convincingly made me think that she hated a person that she actually loves. Then, there's how Kanata played "Haruka". This girl has insane acting ability. She should have a very bright future if she gets into the acting profession.

One thing I'm curious about is what happens to the Disciplinary Committee after this. Most of the people on that really do hate Haruka (or at least strongly dislike her). They weren't faking it. Kanata being openly close to Haruka is no doubt going to be downright jaw-dropping to them, at least at first.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:40   Link #58
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Great episode. The twins finally reconciled. Shou got guts to go against the family to the point he would to murder. However, it would have been better if he could cause a large incident to make the police investigate the entire family. It would have let the twins have a happier childhood. Then again, the media will be all over them making their lives a lot more complicated...

@Triple_R Which makes you wonder how Kanata will explain the situation to them.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:59   Link #59
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One thing I'm curious about is what happens to the Disciplinary Committee after this. Most of the people on that really do hate Haruka (or at least strongly dislike her). They weren't faking it. Kanata being openly close to Haruka is no doubt going to be downright jaw-dropping to them, at least at first.
That's actually what I want to see the most now

Hopefully upcoming filler will cover it.
Old 2013-02-10, 08:01   Link #60
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
In any event, I have some advice for Kanata. Go to Hollywood. Now.

Kanata is an insanely good actress. At no point during her verbal lashings of Haruka did I think she was 100% faking it. I thought there might be a part of her that has sisterly affection for Haruka, and that Kanata was hiding this, but I never thought that Kanata's criticisms of Haruka were entirely fake and forced, as this episode now leads me to believe.

Kanata very convincingly made me think that she hated a person that she actually loves. Then, there's how Kanata played "Haruka". This girl has insane acting ability. She should have a very bright future if she gets into the acting profession.

Lol! Her acting is just top notch so no argument there. But it really is sad that she develops such abilities as a way to protect herself and Haruka...

Yep. Kanata not being close to Haruka is going to cause some chaos. However considering it's Kanata, she holds the reins so they can only bow down to The queen .

To be honest, I'm happy that Shou did not kill the family. I don't want him to taint his hand. What should happen is that some freak accident killed them all. For example, getting all killed by giant purple marbles... Indiana Jones style.

"Which makes you wonder how Kanata will explain the situation to them."
"It was all an act. tehe~ "
Closed Thread