AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-03, 19:02   Link #61
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I like the twins. I really, really do. I have an immense weakness for that archetype. However, did anyone else feel they're a bit "not Black-Lagoonish?". It feels almost like they jumped in here from another series.
I was just thinking about how they reminded me of the twins from Shakugan no Shana while I was watching the trailer... (not in any huge way, just a small feeling I got, plus the incest )
Old 2006-10-04, 01:00   Link #62
pinomustfly

Can I just drop in a quick question - has the manga been licensed in the US? Or it it likely that it will be?
pinomustfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 07:34   Link #63
rooboy
Umeboshi!

It has not been - I thought it was somewhat likely that it would be, but I would expect it to have already happened if it was going to - so maybe that means it won't be.
Old 2006-10-04, 08:32   Link #64
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I wonder if the anime has been following the manga closely? Again it's series that has all these little "genres" thrown in to make it interesting and colorful. If at the same time disturbing. In a way 'BL' sort of makes fun of those things while throwing in some elements of an "intelligent" nature.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 08:41   Link #65
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Aside from arc shuffling, (( which is hardly a problem due to the episodic nature of some arcs, at least in the early volumes )), the anime is very faithful to the manga, and it gets minor Slam Dunk/Basilisk treatment as well, in which little details in the manga are given a tiny weeny bit more depth in the anime in some parts.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 08:57   Link #66
kujoe
from head to heel

The anime follows the manga pretty well. Additionally, there are also a few moments wherein the anime is arguably better than the manga. (i.e. Roberta's "Terminator" episode)

The most glaring difference is the order of the story arcs. Next to that would have to be a few edits of potentially controversial content—such as portraying the the rebels in episodes 11 and 12 as generic-looking troops—and if I'm not mistaken, less blood on screen. (That changes in more recent episodes though.)
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 17:19   Link #67
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
It was the same way with Roberta, though. The whole Cuban-trained revolutionary thing fit with the series, but maid? Not really. And all her weapons outside the pistols were ridiculous.
LOL! I guess I've seen so much anime a Terminator Maid doesn't seem out of place in an action series to me.

I don't have s1 handy, but was s1 as bloody as this episode was? Perhaps some scenes with the chinse chick. I think it may just be the rule that blades will generate more blood than guns will but perhaps that's what made me feel they were out of place.

Last edited by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs; 2006-10-04 at 17:34.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 20:07   Link #68
Srin Tuar
無謀

Wow, this was a bloody episode. A totally different pace than the previous series had so far.

(I'm still pissed at levy for trying to kill roku in the previous series, so I don't know if I can get into it at all.)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 01:11   Link #69
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
The anime follows the manga pretty well. Additionally, there are also a few moments wherein the anime is arguably better than the manga. (i.e. Roberta's "Terminator" episode)

The most glaring difference is the order of the story arcs. Next to that would have to be a few edits of potentially controversial content—such as portraying the the rebels in episodes 11 and 12 as generic-looking troops—and if I'm not mistaken, less blood on screen. (That changes in more recent episodes though.)
The most glaring change for me, by the way, is the fact that Revy spared the Nazi ship's civilian crew in the anime. Yet, in the next episode it was clearly shown that the ship has been left stranded on the sea with no one left alive on-board. (that scene was clearly faithful to the manga, but it doesn't make any sense if the civilian crew had survived.)

Unless you want to believe the large numbers of civilian crew somehow left their perfectly functional, if slightly bloodied, ship to go back home on lifeboats, it is a goof-up.
After all, who would risk the danger of the seas on small lifeboats unless there is no other choice?
(The unlikely option is that Revy killed them anyway, off camera. But that's even more meaningless.)
Old 2006-10-05, 15:38   Link #70
lommm
l'homme de lommm

anyone watch the first ep of season 2 yet? or ep13 as some are calling it?

i am watching it right now! over the top? an understatement. just the way i like it.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:26   Link #71
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ read a page back and youll see many comments
have to add that the machine gun the little girl was carrying must weigh a tonn

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:32   Link #72
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
^ read a page back and youll see many comments
have to add that the machine gun the little girl was carrying must weigh a tonn
BAR = Browning Automatic Rifle 18.5lbs (8kg)
http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/browning.htm
When in use, it's normally mounted on bipod, and not carried around in one arm like it was used by that loli.
A trained adult soldier can carry it on their shoulder while firing, but the recoil is pretty big.
DEFINITLY not possible by a child.
You can see its power yourself from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ieh1GMSZ_o

So yeah, she's a bit of a monster

Last edited by aohige; 2006-10-05 at 16:56.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 19:59   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It sure is great to be able to see new Black Lagoon. After watching it again - i feel that the two children fit into the show perfectly.. even more so when it action. Also, i noticed a new BGM played in the episode, hopefully this shall lead to a second OST.

& this episodes shows it, you don't fuck with Fry Face.
Old 2006-10-05, 20:12   Link #74
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Subbed.

They reused that picture of Balalaika in Afghanistan. Disappointing. Not to sure what to think, so far. Doesn't seem up to the level of the Roberta arc, but whacked-out villains seem more interesting than just Revy slaughtering crap.
Old 2006-10-05, 22:03   Link #75
grss1982

First Blog of Episode 13, I have come upon.
http://aurabolt.wordpress.com/2006/1...ack-lagoon-13/

That was fast: :lol:
Old 2006-10-05, 22:49   Link #76
ImClueless
Rawr

What is the model of that machine gun the gothloli girl was carrying? So far the guns have been realistically modeled right? So there should be a real life counterpart.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 23:52   Link #77
Kikaifan
Blazing General

One of the comments on the youtube video for the trailer identified it as a BAR (Browning automatic rifle).
Old 2006-10-06, 01:11   Link #78
ImClueless
Rawr

Hmm it could be a BAR. Although we dont really get a close look at the gun either because the image is dark or part of it is covered. Best shot was this and the closest model of BAR that resembles it that I found was this BAR. Doesn't look exactly the same, but then again I might be being picky.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 01:27   Link #79
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I have seen episode 13. The kids just creep me out. That is all.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 04:18   Link #80
9mmx19

13 today was a pleasant surprise, didnt know it was coming so soon. Cant wait for the rest!

A couple of observations about it:

Spoiler:

Last edited by 9mmx19; 2006-10-06 at 05:22.
9mmx19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen