AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-12-22, 13:07   Link #1321
Witch of Uncertainty

While not given the culprit, I do believe that Kyrie/Rudolf and/or Battler are the culprits, based on nothing but ange's reaction to when she read the diary, and Battler's attempt to conceal the truth.

On a completely different note, Bernkastel greatly disappointed me this episode. I felt it was pushing it a bit too far when she "trolled" us in this game. It's not like I believed her for a second to be nice (Like I did before ep 5, and 7), and her trolling was not as exceptional either. It was just the average bad guy.
Lambdadelta, however, took the stage as the most likable of the two this episode.

Beatrice also surprised me with her suicide scene, which was really beautiful in my opinion.

Overall, I was very pleased with this ending, and, while many of you might spit in my general direction for saying this, I ended up not caring for the truth. I won't mind if he tells us, but I was satisfied with the closed cat box. My only complaint is that, as I said, Bernkastel lots her spark this episode.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 17:40   Link #1322
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Overall, I was very pleased with this ending, and, while many of you might spit in my general direction for saying this, I ended up not caring for the truth. I won't mind if he tells us, but I was satisfied with the closed cat box. My only complaint is that, as I said, Bernkastel lots her spark this episode.
I have nothing against you for liking the episode. I don't know why anyone would. My beef is with R07. An answer is owed to mystery.

I also believe Kyrie/Rudolph to be murderers, but there are some still unanswered aspects to the whole theory. Would Battler just let them die? Also, I think there are five people Ange would have accepted as culprits, four of them are servants and one is Eva. Anyone else would probably cause vehement denial like we saw. So, that little piece of evidence puts us down to 12. If you believe most of the other red truths, we can at least get that number down to 8-10.
Old 2011-12-22, 17:51   Link #1323
CrimsonMoonMist

In fear of annoyingly repeating myself too much
on why I think R07 did provide the answers to the mystery,
I'll just put a quick summary in my sig from now on.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 18:01   Link #1324
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
The thing is, we were asked to find the truth of what was going on, and we were only told after the fact that, oh, this is just a fictional story within the true tragedy.

WELL WHO DID KILL THEM? Don't make us care so much and then not answer the question.
Old 2011-12-22, 18:51   Link #1325
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
WELL WHO DID KILL THEM? Don't make us care so much and then not answer the question.
Duh, it was Gohda.
James Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 19:19   Link #1326
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

While we're on the topic of opening the cat box, here's what R07 wrote on the subject(Granted, he renegged on this 3 Eps later, but it there, so I think it's worth discussing.). It's pretty much Renall's and AT's point on why the truth should be revealed.
Spoiler for Ep 5:
Old 2011-12-22, 19:54   Link #1327
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

When has Umineko ever been a standard mystery?

Why would he make so many points about the nature of the 'cat box' and then tell us the solution directly? I think his conclusion fits in with more of the themes of the entire series.

We were given a pretty specific framework for 'the answer' in EP7. The rest is for you to fill in with however you want to handle it.

I am generally pleased with EP8. I liked it a lot.

For me, at least, most of Umineko was trying to solve 'the universe' of the series, and the rules that the game board seem to follow. The EXACT solution to R-Prime almost seems arbitrary.

Above anything, I am pissed about his pamphlet that gives us the answer. It pretty much defeats the purpose of EP8 entirely.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 20:09   Link #1328
ErenselTheJester

I would like to point out that not many of us even take EP7 as having a value regarding the solution to Umineko.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 20:26   Link #1329
UsagiTenpura
Artist

I admit that, personally, in the light of author theory especially, I find it hard to consider "Yasu's story" which is presented to us as a book is... anything else then a story same as the message bottles.

It'd be like "I showed you it was just a story by using the message bottle as hint, now I use an even more in your face hint but it doesn't mean the same thing this time" from Ryuukishi's part.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 20:50   Link #1330
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
I admit that, personally, in the light of author theory especially, I find it hard to consider "Yasu's story" which is presented to us as a book is... anything else then a story same as the message bottles.

It'd be like "I showed you it was just a story by using the message bottle as hint, now I use an even more in your face hint but it doesn't mean the same thing this time" from Ryuukishi's part.
And let's not forget that Yasu's story was written by a different author than the other stories
Old 2011-12-22, 20:57   Link #1331
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

Did Erika's "afterimage" type fighting seem extra Mary-sueish? I wonder if that was intentional as the "parody-sue" or if she really was turned into a Mary-sue.

I figure asking here since there's no character page for some of the newer characters.

-edit: err... there's no thread for the new characters

Last edited by zibbazabba905; 2011-12-22 at 21:37.
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 21:32   Link #1332
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Er...what do you mean by that? They have TIPS profiles.

But yea, Erika's being a Mary Sue as always, it's her gimmick.
Old 2011-12-22, 21:44   Link #1333
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

Oh, also, Am I the only one who thinks it a bit odd of Ange forcing Battler back when he didn't want to come back?
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 23:35   Link #1334
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
But yea, Erika's being a Mary Sue as always, it's her gimmick.
Gimmick? You call all that a gimmick? That's her very being!
Old 2011-12-23, 00:07   Link #1335
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Well, not really. She's MORE than just being a deconstruction of a Mary Sue. She's also a Strawman Argument, and a Villain, and a Moe Fanservice-y character, etcetera.
Old 2011-12-23, 00:15   Link #1336
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Well, not really. She's MORE than just being a deconstruction of a Mary Sue. She's also a Strawman Argument, and a Villain, and a Moe Fanservice-y character, etcetera.
Alright fine, she's an argumentative, villainous, fanservice-y, scarecrow Mary Sue.
Old 2011-12-23, 01:16   Link #1337
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

I just have a tiny question that I don't seem to understand, how was Hachijou able to use the red truth that the Book of One Truth really was the truth in the real world (where red doesn't exist)?
Old 2011-12-23, 01:40   Link #1338
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Easy answer: she wasn't in the real world.
Old 2011-12-23, 01:43   Link #1339
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dream View Post
I just have a tiny question that I don't seem to understand, how was Hachijou able to use the red truth that the Book of One Truth really was the truth in the real world (where red doesn't exist)?
You don't know? She was puking up blood and the splatters just happened to form words.
Old 2011-12-23, 01:45   Link #1340
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Easy answer: she wasn't in the real world.
So the entire media-conference debacle was fiction as well? Or is it that she's not in our world? If it's the latter, I assume I can see it as some sort of message from Ryukishi that what's written in the diary is the truth no questions asked.