AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-21, 18:23   Link #1021
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well I dunno, he's very typical for a "shonen great conqueror".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 02:45   Link #1022
Yuutsu

I am not enjoying this anime as a manga-reader. Not one bit. Ohtaka's quirky sense of humor often elicits chuckles from me; A1 fails to transfer this to the anime.

The ridiculous speed of the adaptation irks the hell out of me. I know why they did it, and it doesn't make me any less annoyed.

/salty
/firstworldproblems
/crankymangareader
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 05:12   Link #1023
eiyuu99

Sindbad seems careless,
considering how he got robbed while asleep and travelling without a single companion/guard.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:19   Link #1024
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
I am not enjoying this anime as a manga-reader. Not one bit. Ohtaka's quirky sense of humor often elicits chuckles from me; A1 fails to transfer this to the anime.
Though I like the show a bit, I agree the humor more often than not falls flat in its face. Punchline, what punchline?!
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 10:18   Link #1025
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So much complaints about the speed....I wonder what the same people will say if we get waves of filler material instead as if this were some 100+ ep thing...
Old 2012-11-22, 10:47   Link #1026
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So much complaints about the speed....I wonder what the same people will say if we get waves of filler material instead as if this were some 100+ ep thing...
I'd rather get 100+ great episodes with some filler than getting 25+ of mediocre ones. You could always just skip those episodes anyway, unless the fillers turn out good.

Anyways, I don't really think the pacing in Magi is bad. It has worse problems.

Also, I agree with people saying that the humor falls flat. I just stare blankly at the screen everytime they try to pull of a joke. Not funny at all.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 12:00   Link #1027
klare

Aladdin dunno who is Sinbad, and Mor dont listen to him^^ apart from that, his kingdom seems to have issues too with his people nearly dying due to starving...

ok Alibaba why?
Old 2012-11-22, 12:22   Link #1028
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Aladdin dunno who is Sinbad, and Mor dont listen to him^^ apart from that, his kingdom seems to have issues too with his people nearly dying due to starving...
Balbad isn't Sinbad's kingdom.
Old 2012-11-22, 12:27   Link #1029
Kirarakim

100+ episodes of shounen are not a good thing, and its not just about filler. The pace for these series are so mind numbingly slow that even if the storyline is good the slow pace makes it boring.

Maybe they can slow down things a little in Magi but I for one welcome the brisker pace, it makes me anticipate the next episode.
Old 2012-11-22, 13:21   Link #1030
Reticia

Magi is #3 in last week's manga releases. 136k copies sold.
Old 2012-11-22, 15:25   Link #1031
Yuutsu

Normally, I judge an anime on its own merits if it is an adaptation. I don't really compare it with its source material.

So if the anime wants to change things up, fair enough. I can respect that. Just be sure to justify it to the audience; make it worth our while.

I suppose with Magi, I have such a high opinion of it that I want it to succeed. When I see the anime, I can't but worry or be disappointed that - granted it's a decent/good/great anime - it could have been so much more.

But I do acknowledge that all this comes off to many people as being a whiny, petulant manga reader. Hence, I'll shut up now and let the people who enjoy the anime, enjoy the anime.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 02:53   Link #1032
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticia View Post
Magi is #3 in last week's manga releases. 136k copies sold.
well, the oricon chart is through 18th and Magi 15 came out 16th.
So that's not a full week sales figure at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Sindbad is king of Sindoria, which is practically a paradise.
This is Balbaad, remember the fat annoying king in this episode? He's the king of this wretched place. Not Sindbad.
Old 2012-11-23, 08:20   Link #1033
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Balbad isn't Sinbad's kingdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Sindbad is king of Sindoria, which is practically a paradise.
This is Balbaad, remember the fat annoying king in this episode? He's the king of this wretched place. Not Sindbad.
ok got it, thx
Old 2012-11-23, 09:21   Link #1034
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Regarding the speed....I don't think it would be a proper A-1 Pictures show at this point it if didn't have some noticeably odd transitions and pacing. I don't think there's been a single show all year that they've done that hasn't had this problem though so far I don't think it's outright killed any of the shows they've done either. They're still fun to watch in their flawed nature because otherwise the overall production is still pretty good on all of them.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 09:57   Link #1035
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Regarding the speed....I don't think it would be a proper A-1 Pictures show at this point it if didn't have some noticeably odd transitions and pacing. I don't think there's been a single show all year that they've done that hasn't had this problem though so far I don't think it's outright killed any of the shows they've done either. They're still fun to watch in their flawed nature because otherwise the overall production is still pretty good on all of them.
Isn't A-1 Uchuu Kyoudai...that series is not paced fast at all. I think it's probably A-1's best adaption I've seen. At least I haven't seen any complaints about it from manga readers.
Old 2012-11-23, 14:56   Link #1036
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Isn't A-1 Uchuu Kyoudai...that series is not paced fast at all. I think it's probably A-1's best adaption I've seen. At least I haven't seen any complaints about it from manga readers.
However, some anime-only viewers like myself abandoned that show long ago, partly because it was so painfully sloooow, without enough of interest to make the slowness worthwhile. Not every manga suits a literal adaptation.

However, I have just read the first few chapters of Magi, and I can see why manga-readers are complaining. That seemed simpler and more straightforward than this, to me, even if it did have a few more incidents. A somewhat different feel. But I like the feel of the anime a lot, too, so I'm not complaining.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 19:24   Link #1037
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
However, some anime-only viewers like myself abandoned that show long ago, partly because it was so painfully sloooow, without enough of interest to make the slowness worthwhile. Not every manga suits a literal adaptation.
Well that just proves whether you adapt everything or cut things people are going to be unsatisfied. You can't please everyone. I was just saying that A-1 doesn't rush through every manga adaption.

I am an anime only viewer of both Magi & Uchuu Kyoudai and they both work for me. Both series seem to be doing well overall in ratings even though they are taking different approaches.
Old 2012-11-24, 12:09   Link #1038
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Obligatory Joke:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 00:25   Link #1039
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Eps 5 and 6 scored a 4.0 and 4.8 respectively in the ratings.
Old 2012-11-25, 00:32   Link #1040
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Eps 5 and 6 scored a 4.0 and 4.8 respectively in the ratings.
I'm glad it's still going strong.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen