AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 06:06   Link #32281
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Red 1-50

Red 51

Red 52

Red 53

Red 54

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 55:
This story really enphasizes that Mazoku can love as well, we have Dark Stark, Zallas, Xellos and now Gaav as well, it's really a nice take on it.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 07:27   Link #32282
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Red 1-50

Red 51

Red 52

Red 53

Red 54

What Shabranigdo have done after the 1st wave is a MASSIVE shout out for a certain weapon collecting being who got himself tossed into the VOID by his boss when the said guy enter his EX-Mode, complete with quote.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 07:29   Link #32283
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I've done three in one day before.

One time, I think I got 4 even.
Is it bad that my first thought upon reading this was "something's wrong with you"?
Old 2011-07-06, 07:58   Link #32284
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Is it bad that my first thought upon reading this was "something's wrong with you"?
something wrong with nanya?
*looks at the background with the muse feeding machine*

NAH!!! we kept his muse full with other's muse... XD
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 08:05   Link #32285
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Depends, what was your second thought upon reading it?
Old 2011-07-06, 08:12   Link #32286
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Depends, what was your second thought upon reading it?
"I should write more."

The third was

"Why are none of my ideas regarding Nanoha fics lately?"
Old 2011-07-06, 13:38   Link #32287
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Posted Chapter 2 of "Prerogative of the Brave" on FF.net .

I made a few changes to better reflect the discussion that went on over Nanoha's seeming enthusiasm in pushing Vivio and Hayate together. Hopefully, despite the POV staying with just Hayate, some of Nanoha's inner motivations may come through a little better .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 19:55   Link #32288
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

I bringeth ye a fic!

Spoiler for Take Your Best Shot:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Spoiler for VMOT!:

Last edited by DezoPenguin; 2011-07-06 at 20:07.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 19:56   Link #32289
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

You know, I'm still very curious as to how that first talk between Nanoha and Fate went when they realized Vivio's feelings for Hayate were serious and not just a crush.
Old 2011-07-06, 20:06   Link #32290
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I bringeth ye a fic!

Spoiler for VMOT!:
Double post for great justice! ... Unless someone ninja's me. I hope someone ninja's me. I feel weird making a double post.

Anyway, onwards!

I like this a lot, obviously. I was curious with what you would do ever since you mentioned the idea, and I love how you worked it all and put it together from my original concept of Burning Glory having a Revolver Form. As always, the focus and development on Vivio is much loved and appreciated, and I still maintain that you handle her much better than I ever could!

Also a nice little touch and shout-out to canon, having Lutecia being good with tinkering with Devices (I'm now imagining her messing around with Victor's Device just to screw with him....), and as always, it's a cool little callback to see Vivio so worried about Lutecia's job and what she's been doing to herself before her breakdown, since it reminds you even in a little way that all is not right for her.

(... I am assuming this takes place before "Shadow", obviously, but please correct me if I'm wrong. )

And the omake is just perfect. It was cute to see Burning Glory get so much focus, and damn if he doesn't sound like Raising Heart's kid a few times in the fic. And the thought of him going "Draw, partner" every time he sees a gun-shaped Device makes me snicker. Someone is very proud of his upgrade!
Old 2011-07-06, 20:15   Link #32291
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Also a nice little touch and shout-out to canon, having Lutecia being good with tinkering with Devices (I'm now imagining her messing around with Victor's Device just to screw with him....), and as always, it's a cool little callback to see Vivio so worried about Lutecia's job and what she's been doing to herself before her breakdown, since it reminds you even in a little way that all is not right for her.
Ah! That was the thing I was forgetting in the A/N, mentioning that she's good with Devices in canon (she even made Rio's!).

Quote:
(... I am assuming this takes place before "Shadow", obviously, but please correct me if I'm wrong. )
You assume so with complete correctness. Hence a couple of in-jokes.

Quote:
And the omake is just perfect. It was cute to see Burning Glory get so much focus, and damn if he doesn't sound like Raising Heart's kid a few times in the fic. And the thought of him going "Draw, partner" every time he sees a gun-shaped Device makes me snicker. Someone is very proud of his upgrade!
Yeah, I was working off your depiction of him in...okay, now I can't find it again. Where you had him thinking about going for advice to Raising Heart and Bardiche?
Old 2011-07-06, 20:17   Link #32292
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, I was working off your depiction of him in...okay, now I can't find it again. Where you had him thinking about going for advice to Raising Heart and Bardiche?
Ah, yeah, I remember. In "Learn the Hard Way", he tells Vivio that it might help her to talk to Nanoha and Fate about what's bothering her, since he often asks Raising Heart and Bardiche for advice. I actually believe you commented in your review that he came across as their son.
Old 2011-07-06, 20:19   Link #32293
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Ah, yeah, I remember. In "Learn the Hard Way", he tells Vivio that it might help her to talk to Nanoha and Fate about what's bothering her, since he often asks Raising Heart and Bardiche for advice. I actually believe you commented in your review that he came across as their son.
Ah! That's the one; thanks! (When I was looking for the reference, I foolishly skipped it because it took place pre-romance...)
Old 2011-07-06, 20:29   Link #32294
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
I bringeth ye a fic!

Spoiler for VMOT!:
The story was funny, but perhaps you've included too much explanations, even if they didn't sound out of place. But the omake was spot on.

On the other hand, did you mean 'parDner' or 'partner'? Since it's a dialogue it could very well be Burning Glory's accent, if it has an accent...
Old 2011-07-06, 20:37   Link #32295
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Red 1-50

Red 51

Red 52

Red 53

Red 54

Why on earth are the poor weak humans the ones who are dealing with the Mazoku? Where's the Shinzoku in all of this? are they playing XBOX and scratching on innapropiate places while those silly humans are fighting an impossible battle against an enemy far beyond their capabilities?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 20:37   Link #32296
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
I bringeth ye a fic!

Spoiler for VMOT!:
In reference to the Author's Note, I'm amazed that you've put so much thought into this, enough to write a whole fic about it! (Not that I'm complaining --ficcage!).

This is definitely a "Kid" vs "Parent" difference : when I'm leaving for a trip, my mom makes me the delicious food! But I suppose that Fate as a mom would be making the meal for her family .

It's neat for me to read your fics where Nanoha is breaking down Vivio's technique and giving her commentary, just like she would for her students . It's always so interesting to read!

I actually didn't think that this was a Shadowverse story when you mentioned Lutecia being a Device Meister, since that was in ViVid....but then the comment about her many injuries had me nodding and going "Yup, must be Shadowverse" .

Cute ViCia moments there , and Burning Glory practically has his own personality now! And the omake made me grin, and imagine Vivio in a spaghetti western ....

Quote:
You know, I'm still very curious as to how that first talk between Nanoha and Fate went when they realized Vivio's feelings for Hayate were serious and not just a crush.
Um....I'll probably write that first talk someday ........

I don't think that my writing skills/non-existent parenting skills are up to writing a scene like that well though . So I'll probably keep putting it off until you refuse to let me slip out of it .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 20:38   Link #32297
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I actually didn't think that this was a Shadowverse story when you mentioned Lutecia being a Device Meister, since that was in ViVid....but then the comment about her many injuries had me nodding and going "Yup, must be Shadowverse" .
... I don't know what that says about me. When you can recognize my universe by how many injuries Lutecia ends up with.
Old 2011-07-06, 22:20   Link #32298
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
The wrap-up begins.

Red 1-55

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - 56:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 22:31   Link #32299
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
On the other hand, did you mean 'parDner' or 'partner'? Since it's a dialogue it could very well be Burning Glory's accent, if it has an accent...
"Pardner"; it's not Burning Glory's accent, though, so much as it's Burning Glory doing the drawling accent of classic Western movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
In reference to the Author's Note, I'm amazed that you've put so much thought into this, enough to write a whole fic about it! (Not that I'm complaining --ficcage!).

This is definitely a "Kid" vs "Parent" difference : when I'm leaving for a trip, my mom makes me the delicious food! But I suppose that Fate as a mom would be making the meal for her family .
I figured that Fate would treat them to dinner before she left as an apology for going away, and they'd treat her to dinner when she came back as a thank-you for returning (though I think Fate would probably try to take over her kitchen anyway, being Fate).

Quote:
Heh, as RB said, it's cute that Lutecia's injuries immediately mark it as 'Verse...but Burning Glory should have been the immediate "tell"; he's RB's creation for Vivio's device in the Shadowverse stories (since this was back when ViVid hadn't come along and we writers had to all invent a Device for her in our "Vivio grows up and becomes a magical girl!" stories).

Quote:
And the omake made me grin, and imagine Vivio in a spaghetti western ....
That immediately reminded me of Allquall's Strawberry Panic fic.

Quote:
I don't think that my writing skills/non-existent parenting skills are up to writing a scene like that well though . So I'll probably keep putting it off until you refuse to let me slip out of it .
If non-parenting, childless-by-choice me can write Nanoha/Fate parenting conversations about Vivio dating Lutecia, you can be dragooned into writing Nanoha/Fate parenting conversations about Vivio dating Hayate.
Old 2011-07-06, 22:35   Link #32300
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd remark for those of us who aren't parents could just as easily draw examples from our own parents, but then I remember that as far as I know, I'm the only person I know didn't have parent issues of single parents or divorce or the like. :k

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha