AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-17, 04:41   Link #501
PzIVf3

Darn it so the Pandora battle armor suit program is actually a super saiyan mode well I blame the Koreans for all of this mess.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 08:04   Link #502
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ep2:

And here's another lovely interview with Mamiko Noto and Kana Hanazawa!

Old 2011-01-17, 09:21   Link #503
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

LOL Burger

I'm a bit in lazy mode when it comes to the coloring part .. so, yea ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 11:20   Link #504
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
The badass student council president was a babbling coward in the manga too.

but I do agree, quite a bit of disappointment so far in the adaptation, but I'll stick around in hopes of improvement. My only real beef so far has been the down-grading of Pandora mode.
Yeah, it's kind of weird that she acts all cowardly in the first couple of volumes, then stops with the act later on. I mean, it's not like her rank isn't known.

Anyways, regarding the Pandora Armor thing, I think it's something the mangaka wanted to retcon out, since after the next major battle, it pretty much doesn't show up again except for a fairly minor scene in vol 5.

Instead, the powerups do indeed look more like the glowy variation, so I don't think we'll be seeing the Pandora armor at all in the anime.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-01-17 at 12:55. Reason: Good points about the modes, but spoiler delted because the anime hasn't covered them yet.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 17:07   Link #505
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyways, regarding the Pandora Armor thing, I think it's something the mangaka wanted to retcon out, since after the next major battle, it pretty much doesn't show up again except for a fairly minor scene in vol 5.

Instead, the powerups do indeed look more like the glowy variation, so I don't think we'll be seeing the Pandora armor at all in the anime.

.... Having the Pandora Armor taken out in the name of fan-service (since they added the glowing effect probably to keep us viewing on the ripped clothes) is just one big disappointment in the anime so far.. But there are still some things keeping me on watching more episodes.
Old 2011-01-17, 19:45   Link #506
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
.... Having the Pandora Armor taken out in the name of fan-service (since they added the glowing effect probably to keep us viewing on the ripped clothes) is just one big disappointment in the anime so far.. But there are still some things keeping me on watching more episodes.
I'm in it for Satellizer. Her underdog image and background and how she develops despite it is interesting.
Old 2011-01-17, 19:49   Link #507
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm an anime only viewer, so having no idea what this Pandora armor is doesn't effect me at all.
Old 2011-01-17, 19:53   Link #508
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Does seem weak that they pretty much just copied the effect from Valkyria Chronicles instead of sticking to the actual Pandora mode.

Though frankly my issue lies in the male lead right now. He seriously wants to go apologize again after the mess that his last apology attempt caused? Satellizer clearly wanted her space and yet he just keeps on grabbing onto her. The guy just can't stop himself . Not to mention the whole mistaking her for his dead sister bit. Hopefully he improves as the show goes on.
Old 2011-01-17, 20:00   Link #509
Belgaesh

I like Satellizer and most of the female pandoras, my favorite is Annette Maximilan the one with the scite, she appears briefly in the second episode. But I don't like Kazuya, both in the anime and in the manga, in the anime so far he only shouts "sister,sister".
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 20:03   Link #510
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Does seem weak that they pretty much just copied the effect from Valkyria Chronicles instead of sticking to the actual Pandora mode.

Though frankly my issue lies in the male lead right now. He seriously wants to go apologize again after the mess that his last apology attempt caused? Satellizer clearly wanted her space and yet he just keeps on grabbing onto her. The guy just can't stop himself . Not to mention the whole mistaking her for his dead sister bit. Hopefully he improves as the show goes on.
That's actually a positive part of his character. The underlying belief that Satellizer won't hurt him and is not a bad person.

They both need to apologize properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
I like Satellizer and most of the female pandoras, my favorite is Annette Maximilan the one with the scite, she appears briefly in the second episode. But I don't like Kazuya, both in the anime and in the manga, in the anime so far he only shouts "sister,sister".
Hmmm...I haven't thought of who else I like as a Pandora. I guess another Pandora I might like is Chiffon.
Old 2011-01-17, 20:47   Link #511
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Then I'm in the minority. The manga had the panty shots with the battles and worse.
i'm going to disagree with you. the anime and comic book has their own fair share of panty shots, but the anime adaption shows clothes being practically ripped off the girl in episode 2 showing her ass and boobs just in hope they can sell more dvds and blu-rays (pretty sad because it's almost like they're 'only' trying to cater to the anime otakus in japan). bridget pratically tore off almost all of her clothes leaving her butt naked while the comic book shows she tore her pandora armor apart not revealing any boobs and ass hanging out. so what do you mean by the comic book being worse off besides the panty shots? if you mean by being more gruesome and bloody violent, then yes it is worse off. we will see if they will continue to rip girls clothes off in the coming episodes just to have boobs and asses showing everywhere.

also, this anime adaption lacks the facial expressions just like the fairy tail anime adaption.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 21:18   Link #512
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i'm going to disagree with you. the anime and comic book has their own fair share of panty shots, but the anime adaption shows clothes being practically ripped off the girl in episode 2 showing her ass and boobs just in hope they can sell more dvds and blu-rays (pretty sad because it's almost like they're 'only' trying to cater to the anime otakus in japan). bridget pratically tore off almost all of her clothes leaving her butt naked while the comic book shows she tore her pandora armor apart not revealing any boobs and ass hanging out. so what do you mean by the comic book being worse off besides the panty shots? if you mean by being more gruesome and bloody violent, then yes it is worse off. we will see if they will continue to rip girls clothes off in the coming episodes just to have boobs and asses showing everywhere.

also, this anime adaption lacks the facial expressions just like the fairy tail anime adaption.
From what I remember of the manga, it does similar. Panty shots with the fights, clothes ripped. You're upset over the scale of the ripping. Yep, Ganessa had more ripped off her in the anime. The fight was so short they had to do something to make it more memorable and demonstrate how far apart in strength those 2 are. The slash that takes all the opponents clothes off. The manga had the slash that took off the front of her armor so you could see her boobs hanging out. The manga scene just isn't that appealing compared to the anime version to me.

Of course, they are going to continue to rip clothes off those girls. Geez. we had a breakout game that did that online on the anime website.

Last edited by orion; 2011-01-17 at 21:29.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 22:36   Link #513
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

My verdict for episode 2:

I really don't care for Satelliser's shower scene, and there were many other things I don't care for or don't like. Pretty lame second episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This definitely can't compare to Hyakka Ryouran. Even with the censors, Hyakka was better.
Definitely, by a huge margin. Comparing this to Samurai Girls is like comparing a Piaggio Ape to a Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
First of all, they got rid of Ganessa's naked henshin scene. Why? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! (The anime's pandora mode sucks, but that's not nearly as much of a problem as this.)
Spoiler for Corresponding Manga Scene from Ep 2 (NSFW):
Definitely *not* amused about this
The crappy "glow" pandora mode is bad enugh already, but this makes me seriously mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
If the downward trend from the first episode to the second episode continues, I predict we'll be well into "There is no Freezing anime" territory by episode 4.
For me, it's already now dangerously close to "I'm dropping this" territory I'm seriously considering if I should still bother watching the third episode.
It didn't have a good start in the first episode, and the second episode is no bit better, rather worse
The female lead (Satelliser) is quite unsympathic and pretty lame, which is already pretty bad to start with, the male lead (siscon due) is a wingnut, and the story is nothing too interesting so far and only serves as an excuse for lots of mindless violence, which I definitely don't like.
Seeing then people post how it was dumbed down from the manga makes it even worse. Not even the fanservice is really able to save this anymore, I get the feeling (especially not if it's with Satelliser )

It will probably join Seikon no Qwaser then, which I also dropped pretty quickly, because the story was totally retarded, and the breast milk festish really did put me off
Also there, the fanservice couldn't save it anymore.
Old 2011-01-17, 22:39   Link #514
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Annnd the manga vs anime debate will rage on...

As for a reason why they cut out the Pandora Power Suit : cost. No doubt someone wanted to render it in 3D like they did with the bus. They probably felt that the only way to do the suit justice was to render it in 3D but they probably didn't have the funds for it (only enough for 3D'ing a bus apparently).

A lot of Korean works have been getting slaughtered when published/produced through the Japanese system - it's sad. Although, they butcher nearly everything nowadays...
Old 2011-01-18, 00:43   Link #515
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i completely approve of this show. the premise is wonderful, and i've finally found the second coming of Teresa.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 03:05   Link #516
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i'm going to disagree with you. the anime and comic book has their own fair share of panty shots, but the anime adaption shows clothes being practically ripped off the girl in episode 2 showing her ass and boobs just in hope they can sell more dvds and blu-rays (pretty sad because it's almost like they're 'only' trying to cater to the anime otakus in japan).
um, I see nothing wrong with 'catering' to japanese otakus... they're the ones who pay the most after all.
and usually, anything deemed 'otaku-pandering' is of my liking as well.
Old 2011-01-18, 04:37   Link #517
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
um, I see nothing wrong with 'catering' to japanese otakus... they're the ones who pay the most after all.
oh, don't worry. i don't see anything wrong with it either. i'm sure every single one of them does help keep japan's economy rolling afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The fight was so short they had to do something to make it more memorable and demonstrate how far apart in strength those 2 are.
it seemed to me a perfectly realistic valid excuse to strip a girl naked to please part of the viewers.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 06:14   Link #518
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Seeing then people post how it was dumbed down from the manga makes it even worse. Not even the fanservice is really able to save this anymore, I get the feeling (especially not if it's with Satelliser )
The only point that got reduced so far was Pandora mode for the obvious fanservice reasons and possible budget reasons. They're doing a good job in building up the background of the Satellizer and Kazuya. The story itself hasn't been "dumbed down" at all.
Old 2011-01-18, 11:29   Link #519
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

pony tail in shower? hgnnnnnn. though i find the male protag annoying already. sister complex? come on...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 11:51   Link #520
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Annnd the manga vs anime debate will rage on...
I'm really glad I didn't check out the manga yet because I'm enjoying the show so far. Can't comprehend some complaints but who am I for talking?

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen