Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-06, 19:31   Link #701
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Too dangerous. If Rollo know he is about to be Geassed (by noting Lulu removed his contacts), it would end badly.
I think by this stage, Lulu is done with being the nice guy. He won't wear the contact anymore. Anyway, the Geass sigil is only for our reference, or do characters actually see it too?
Old 2008-07-06, 19:33   Link #702
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I think by this stage, Lulu is done with being the nice guy. He won't wear the contact anymore. Anyway, the Geass sigil is only for our reference, or do characters actually see it too?
The contact isn't for being nice, but to keep Geass under control like a caged lion. He needed to wear to not Geass people randomly.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:33   Link #703
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
So he deserves the chance to live his life even though he ended Shirley's chance to live her life and this is someone that considered him a friend. What do you think would happen if Lelouch recovered Nunnally its quite obvious ain't it he'd murder Nunnally too. There's really nothing he can do to make up for what he did because he'd do it again and again and again if he had too and he'd do it with absolutly no remorse.
No, I merely ask that he have a chance to die well is all in order to make-up for what happened. And once again, I still remain hopeful that Rolo has the qualities to grow beyond what happened in Turn 13 where he will make the decision to not do something like that again if he is responsible, develop a concise in time basically, and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt in order to prove our condemnation and assassination of his character wrong, that he was someone who had worth in life, before closing the book on him just yet.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:34   Link #704
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Anyway, I think we need the autopsy. Heck, I think Lulu will demand to see it anyway.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:51   Link #705
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
No, I merely ask that he have a chance to die well is all in order to make-up for what happened. And once again, I still remain hopeful that Rolo has the qualities to grow beyond what happened in Turn 13 where he will make the decision to not do something like that again if he is responsible, develop a concise in time basically, and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt in order to prove our condemnation and assassination of his character wrong, that he was someone who had worth in life, before closing the book on him just yet.
The thing is that the only way he could die well is if Lelouch and him were on good ters, and anything that involves Lelouch forgiving Rollo(unless its a fake forgiveness thing which happens so Lelouch can use Rollo) would be a cop out and would be a disgrace to Shirley's death. It wouldn't be right for Lelouch to forgive rollo but the only way Rollo can have a good death is if Lelouch forgives Rollo.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 19:56   Link #706
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
The thing is that the only way he could die well is if Lelouch and him were on good ters, and anything that involves Lelouch forgiving Rollo(unless its a fake forgiveness thing which happens so Lelouch can use Rollo) would be a cop out and would be a disgrace to Shirley's death. It wouldn't be right for Lelouch to forgive rollo but the only way Rollo can have a good death is if Lelouch forgives Rollo.
How is that a disgrace to Shirley's death? Wasn't she the one going on and on about forgiveness and the like in her last moments? I feel he'd honor it if that happened, and giving Rolo a chance to do something with his own life for once sounds like a proper way to uphold that idea. >_>
Old 2008-07-06, 19:57   Link #707
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
The contact isn't for being nice, but to keep Geass under control like a caged lion. He needed to wear to not Geass people randomly.
If he just watches his mouth properly, he will not Geass people randomly.
Old 2008-07-06, 20:00   Link #708
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
O'rly? i just want to say that
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 20:00   Link #709
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I'd think they'd be standing around waiting on his orders that will never come if that was the case >_>
Old 2008-07-06, 20:03   Link #710
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I'd think they'd be standing around waiting on his orders that will never come if that was the case >_>
Rolo: Brother, that should cover everyone in the school.
Lelouch: Well done, Rolo. Jeremiah, commit the list to memory. Use the Canceller only when needed.
Jremiah: Yes, my lord.
Old 2008-07-06, 20:05   Link #711
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Rolo: Brother, that should cover everyone in the school.
Lelouch: Well done, Rolo. Jeremiah, commit the list to memory. Use the Canceller only when needed.
Jremiah: Yes, my lord.
Then his geass activates to commit the list to memory order
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 20:11   Link #712
Neux

Shirley's death was suspicous, and right now it seems the only suspect is Rollo but there are reasons to suspect that it might not be him:

- Shirley's fatal wound looked like a bullet hole and does not seem to be caused by a knife, Rollo's primary weapon. Even by twisting the knife to create a hole, the hole should be larger and would be rough and jagged and not as perfectly round as the one the victim had

-Arguments that say Rollo used Shirley's own gun to kill her does not seem realistic considering Rollo's supposed mindset. Rollo's supposedly killed her because he snapped upon hearing Nunally's name. Now, upon snapping, Rollo should be quite unstable and the only thing on his mind should be to kill her right there and then and be based purely off impluse. His mind should not be clear enough in that state to think of a way to kill her and avoid suspician at the same time. Yes, Rollo had used Leleuch's gun against him once, but he was in a more stable state unlike in this supposed case. His supposed impulse to kill her and the way she died do not seem to fit well together.

-Some may also claim that Rollo killed Shirley because uttering Nunally's name means that Shirely has regained her memories and thus Rollo had to kill her so she doesn't reveal info she regained to others. But, then why was Shirley alive long enough to meet Lelouch. If Shirley was alive long enough to talk to Lelouch, she could have revealed what she knew to other in that time as well, like Suzaku who is in the mall somewhere, defeating the point of killing her and meaning Rollo didn't do a good job of killing her and he had plenty time to do so. This is uncharacteristic of a trained assassin who's killed countless victims before.
Neux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 20:19   Link #713
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neux View Post
-Some may also claim that Rollo killed Shirley because uttering Nunally's name means that Shirely has regained her memories and thus Rollo had to kill her so she doesn't reveal info she regained to others. But, then why was Shirley alive long enough to meet Lelouch. If Shirley was alive long enough to talk to Lelouch, she could have revealed what she knew to other in that time as well, like Suzaku who is in the mall somewhere, defeating the point of killing her and meaning Rollo didn't do a good job of killing her and he had plenty time to do so. This is uncharacteristic of a trained assassin who's killed countless victims before.
One more hint is that with Rolo's geass, He can take his jolly time, taking the gun of someone, then point it to the other's head (which seems to be his way of doing things), and with no one around, take off his geass and shot them while they are in shock.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 20:24   Link #714
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
One more hint is that with Rolo's geass, He can take his jolly time, taking the gun of someone, then point it to the other's head (which seems to be his way of doing things), and with no one around, take off his geass and shot them while they are in shock.
I think he's shot people even with his Geass on, he did so in front of an entire military academy in Turn 4 if I recall which left no opportunity for him to have taken it off at the time <_<
Old 2008-07-06, 20:31   Link #715
zalem

Quote:
Too dangerous. If Rollo know he is about to be Geassed (by noting Lulu removed his contacts), it would end badly.
Not if he has Jeremiah by his side. Rolo is nothing once his geass is cancelled. He can hardly go up against a cyborg with that silly knife of his. But I don't think this is going to happen anyway....
Old 2008-07-06, 20:31   Link #716
TamaNeko

It's only a matter of time now until Rolo does a Mao on Lelouch.

Spoiler:
TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 20:32   Link #717
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Not if he has Jeremiah by his side. Rolo is nothing once his geass is cancelled. He can hardly go up against a cyborg with that silly knife of his. But I don't think this is going to happen anyway....
Oh, I am sure Lulu could have Rollo killed if he wanted to. It's just that he has no proof that Rollo is guilty of anything, so he can't justify killing him. The only witness is us the audience.
Old 2008-07-06, 20:35   Link #718
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Oh, I am sure Lulu could have Rollo killed if he wanted to. It's just that he has no proof that Rollo is guilty of anything, so he can't justify killing him. The only witness is us the audience.
See, it is possible to frame Rolo, frame him in our eyes anyway
Old 2008-07-06, 20:35   Link #719
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Rolo is too young to be an assassin that killed the mom unless he doesnt age like normal.

Can't wait to see if Lelouch will kill Rolo since Shirley is one of the few people Lelouch will go out of his way to protect.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 20:38   Link #720
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Bah at the idea that if Rolo did this he should die to pay for it. How many has Lelouche killed so far; and just as coldly if not more? I realize that some people really liked Shirley, but it is what it is. If Rolo did this, he's no more a monster than Lelouche is. In fact, Lelouche would be indirectly responsible in addition to the countless others he's killed, had killed in his name, as well as those who died as a result of his choices. Rolo is Lelouche's soldier/right hand man. If he did it, I think he did it because he thought it was necessary.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote