AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-14, 14:06   Link #1741
james0246

As if Kishimoto, or Shounen Jump, would have the guts or the balls to have a shounen ai ending.
Old 2008-08-14, 16:11   Link #1742
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
As if Kishimoto, or Shounen Jump, would have the guts or the balls to have a shounen ai ending.
true. Crazed SasuSaku/SakuNaru/NaruHina fans would probably drink sake and do to Kishi what Hare did to the poor doctor in Jungle Deluxe
Old 2008-08-14, 17:22   Link #1743
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
true. Crazed SasuSaku/SakuNaru/NaruHina fans would probably drink sake and do to Kishi what Hare did to the poor doctor in Jungle Deluxe
It would also be the only time the three parties would get along.
Old 2008-08-14, 18:05   Link #1744
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
It would also be the only time the three parties would get along.
lol , so true
Old 2008-08-14, 22:26   Link #1745
aiko_chan
in moderation

Send a message via MSN to aiko_chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Don't worry. It's not true. It has made the rounds in SasuNaru communities and other boards since early in the year. The original story is that Kishimoto made these comments at something called ExpoAnime in the U.S. to a group of fans. The person who made it up wrote in Spanish and then it was translated as proof that Kishimoto loves yaoi and will end the manga with Sasuke and Naruto together. Of course it's garbage.

1. There is no ExpoAnime. There is an AnimeExpo and Kishimoto has never appeared there.
2. Most of the fake interview is a twist of words on Kishimoto's other interviews. Kishimoto has said he has an ending for Naruto. In the fake interview Kishimoto says Naruto will end with a Shounen-ai ending. Yeah right.
3. Kishimoto has stated there is a love triangle with Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura. Naruto loves Sakura who loves Sasuke. The fake says there is a love circle with Sasuke loving Naruto back.
4. The fake says Kishi based Sasuke on a boy he loved in High School. Unfortunately, the person who wrote this fake, never bothered to look at the history of Sasuke's creation. He was never intended to be part of cast and it was Kishi's editors who suggested the character.

Spoiler for Sasuke's Creation and conception:

5. Kishimoto has never stated he has a favorite pairing. Do these SasuNaru fans honestly believe that this usually shy and private guy would talk about fanfics and doujinshi? That this married guy who is a father would say his favorite pairing is two 15 year old boys and he collects stuff of it?

The majority of Sasuke x Naruto fans know that a boys shonen would never have the two male mains hook up so it's pointless to hope for it. The are just happy with the fanservice this couple gets and write their fanfics and draw their fanart.

But there is a small militant segment of SasuNaru fans who believe their couple has to become canon. Sasuke and Naruto must become the official couple. They say things like death to Sakura and Hinata! These are the ones who make silly stuff like this up.

You are a Goddess.
I love you.

Half joking of course. You're awesome for showing this and likewise, saving me from insanity
I shall refrain from overreacting if I find something else like this next time.

Thanks again!
Old 2008-08-14, 22:32   Link #1746
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

On my point of view mostly people would say that she has a lot of chance with all the bous but since sasuke left because of the revenge and power and to restore my family, sasuke out of luck for sakura and out of all the boys it would be naruto and sai comes second. Those are the only ones you see with sakura making a full conversation with and hang around with so yea naruto and sakura. sasuke know has a better chance with karen.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-08-15, 10:02   Link #1747
APastelPainting

The main reason I can't see NaruHina happening is because their personalities are too different. I know people have said that the personalities being different will actually complement each other, but I don't think that is what Naruto needs. When he becomes Hokage, he is going to need someone who has the balls to tell him he can't go off on some mission or help fight an enemy, that he needs to remain in the village to give orders. I can see Sakura doing this, but I just can't see Hinata having the confidence to tell Naruto he can't be rash.
Old 2008-08-15, 16:58   Link #1748
sopple
sopple here and there

i dont think it would ever be possible. naruto likes her but i dont think that sakura would ever become a couple. shes still attached to sasuke. she toned it down a bit but i dont think that she cant let go of him. and if naruto gets any sense beat in to him hell see that it just not possible for them to be togather.
Old 2008-08-15, 18:51   Link #1749
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

never underestimate the illogical powers of a mangaka ^^
Old 2008-08-15, 19:12   Link #1750
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopple View Post
i dont think it would ever be possible. naruto likes her but i dont think that sakura would ever become a couple. shes still attached to sasuke. she toned it down a bit but i dont think that she cant let go of him. and if naruto gets any sense beat in to him hell see that it just not possible for them to be togather.
In the first episode in Shippunden she asks him do I seem more womanly now and blushes! And naruto being dumb in the head at that moment and says you havent changed and hits him and she says after all these years i have been waithing for you and that what you say? and she looks at him like she likes and worrys and she calles his name more.

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-08-15, 19:39   Link #1751
sopple
sopple here and there

yeah but that dosent prove that she is attrachted to him she couldve meant that she was away from him and she wanted to know that since he had grown up he may have matrued more but it dosent prove that she was attracted to him
Old 2008-08-15, 19:55   Link #1752
APastelPainting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
This is DestinyDragon007 essay/comment post in youtube.

NOTE: this is like an essay so it's very long....

Quote:
I don't know if the anime team only cares about the fandom in Japan or they look at it around the world. But I guess they like to poke fun at, or add in their own pairing hints in filler scenes / episodes of Naruto. Such as their Konoha Gakuen Den special that had hints of NaruSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu, OroSasu, KakaIru (most popular in Japan), etc. That filler au (alternate universe) manga video was created by one of the art directors for Naruto anime, not Kishi.

Kishimoto stated in an interview with American Shonen Jump that he's not good at writing out romance. I guess you can sorta tell as he uses alot of cliche romantic elements from other shonen mangas. However, his development of NaruSaku since the beginning is really beautiful and it's execution different from other shonen couples. Whether he doesn't realize it, or just made that comment to trick ASJ and not reveal his intended pairing.

ASJ also asked him what will he do about the unrequited love of the characters in Naruto. Naruto and Rock Lee to Sakura, Sakura and Ino to Sasuke, and Hinata to Naruto. Kishi said he plans on solving 1 case of unrequited love and hope the person gets their love returned. NaruHina fans take that as a hint for their pairing because it's the only pairing listed with no conflictions. NaruSaku and LeeSaku conflict, as well SasuSaku and SasuIno.

ASJ seems to know about how popular the NaruHina fandom in the west is. I don't remember the exact question, but ASJ said something like I hope Hinata gets her chance. Kishi's response was I hope so too. Again, NaruHina fans take that as a pairing hint. But to me, I think he was just being coy. Good authors don't reveal important plot elements to their stories. If he had said "Hinata gets with Naruto", all the NaruHina fans will jump for joy, while most NaruHina haters would probably quit.

If he had said "Hinata won't get Naruto", then all the NaruHina haters will be happy, while most NaruHina fans may quit the series. It's a money issue. By keeping the pairing hints subtle and ambiguous, fans will continue watching / reading Naruto, hoping their favorite pairing will become canon. He'll most likely won't reveal his intended pairing until the end. This keeps fans still hooked to the series, generating money. Not all fans will quit, some still enjoy their pairing even in fanon.

Anyways so again, NaruHina fans took this as a hint that their pairing will happen in the end. If ASJ asked about NaruSaku, I believe he would give the same response and I wouldn't take it as a serious hint. But as a sort of nail in the coffin. In the interview, he stated that volume 33 or 35 (forgot) has just been released in Japan. He mentions a new drawing style and hopes the fans like it. About 2 volumes later, bam, we got the Sakura trying to feed Naruto ramen scene, hehe.

As for NaruHina, well pretty much nothing happened in the current manga arc. Although they're hoping something will happen after this Tobi/Madara and Sasuke story is finished. In my opinion, the 1 pairing he has planned will be NaruSaku due to it's development. He hasn't done alot with his side characters, so I don't think he'll elaborate on those possible pairings too much. ShikaIno, ShikaTema, KibaHina, LeeTen, NejiTen, etc. If KibaHina happens, it will probably be in the epilogue.

As for Sakura to Naruto. She's giving me the impression in the manga that she has moved on from Sasuke and sees Naruto in a different light. She does still "love" Sasuke as a dear friend and teammate, and wants him back safely in Konoha and reunite Team 7. I put love in quotations because I believe it's more friendly or motherly love, and not genuine romantic love. I think Sakura confused her care and worry for his wellbeing along with her starting crush of him as signs of love.

At the goodbye scene (chapter 181, episode 109), when she said "I love you so much it hurts" or "I love you more than anything". There was a slight mistranslation. The term she used was Suki de Tamanarai, meaning "I really like / love you to death or alot, whatever". However, it's context isn't a literal expression of a love confession, and is weaker compared to Aishiteru or Daisuki used in that context. My interpretation is that she said that in desperation to get him to stay.

And she pretty much negated her offer to go with him when she said she'll scream. During the chapter/episode, she expressed pain in her 1on1 interactions with Sasuke. I don't know if she was exaggerating, but she said that Sasuke never talks to her. So on all the missions and times of peace together in Konoha, in her mind, they've never had 1 decent conversation. She also says "you hate me don't you", which he's just silent and doesn't deny. And he still calls her annoying.

She expresses happiness when she reminisces about Team 7 as a whole, and her tears goes away. She enjoyed the time she spent together with Sasuke, Naruto and Kakashi. But yeah, considering Sasuke was her first crush, she couldn't bear to lose his presence. So she sort of felt like she would be alone if he left. And she was worried what Orochimaru might do to him, or what he will do to attain his goals in killing Itachi. Nevertheless, Sasuke says thank you and knocks her out.

At the promise of a lifetime scene (chapter 183, episode 110), she begs Naruto to bring Sasuke back. Naruto puts on a pained smile, saying he understands her and knows how she's feeling. He doesn't push his feelings on to her or takes advantage of Sasuke leaving. Instead, he cares about Sakura's happiness and is willing to bring said rival back in love for Sakura. Sakura realizes how she was wrong about Naruto, that he always knew her, and she trusts him completely.

Naruto does the thumbs up, makes his lifetime promise and leaves. Even if Sakura wasn't there, he still would've tried to bring Sasuke back anyways. Sasuke was like a brother and best friend to him. When he returned (episode 135, chapter 236), Sakura goes to see him. I noticed 3 different translations when Ino asked what Sakura will do after she said she'll go see Chouji. The manga and Viz Media English dub translations are similar and fits the chapter context better.

Quote:
English fansub: "I'm going to see Sasuke-kun first, and then Naruto..."

Of course, this wouldn't make sense considering she went to Naruto's room first. Also for anime only watchers, this just adds on to Sakura bashing.

Youtube comment(ex): Omg that bitch Sakura, I hope she dies, Naruto just got back from his near death fight with Sasuke. And all she cares is how Sasuke is doing, I fvcking hate her.

Manga: "I'll go see Naruto first, and then Sasuke-kun..."

Viz Media English Dub: "I'll go see Naruto (first), and Sasuke if he's there..."
I put first in brackets cause my memory is hazy if she said it in the English dub or not. But the fact still stands she said Naruto's name and went to go see him first. When she arrived at the door and heard Naruto say "he got away". Again, more Youtube comments of Sakura bashing cause they're thinking all she cares about is Sasuke not being there. In my opinion, I think she's accepted Sasuke's path in life.

She knows that Naruto and the others were injured during the Sasuke retrieval mission. She probably felt guilty like it was her fault that they, especially Naruto, got injured. She probably thought it was Sasuke's fault too, but it's not like he's there so she shouldered the blame on herself. I think she maybe regretted asking Naruto to try so hard and didn't want to face him. But Tsunade appears and helps her go see Naruto. When she sees Naruto injured and bandaged up, you see how sad she is.

She's probably feeling even more guilty, like it was her fault that Naruto looked like that. Naruto tries to apologize for failing, saying he'll try again. Sakura puts on a pained smile, and tries to brighten up the mood. Opening the curtains, saying it's a beautiful day, that he looks like a mummy. She's saddened at seeing how much pain Naruto is in, and probably realized that she was selfish. That Sasuke was just as much important to Naruto as he was to her

Naruto still insists he'll keep his promise. Here, I think Sakura has accepted Sasuke's path, and doesn't want to lose another important person in Naruto. She shows her selflessness to Naruto, just like he did for her at the PoaLT scene. She tells Naruto that it's alright, to forget about it. Naruto keeps going, saying it's his nindou and lifetime promise. Sakura then apologizes for being useless and says she'll get stronger and they'll bring Sasuke back together.

She goes to Tsunade and asks for training, and you see an image of Naruto and Sasuke in her mind. She wants to protect and save her 2 teammates, her friends, her precious people. During part 2, she learns more about Naruto's pains. Being a jinchuuriki and container for the Kyuubi, and that Akatsuki is after him. This saddens her and makes her job harder, but she'll try her best to make sure that Naruto is safe as well.

When Sai asks Sakura why is Naruto trying so hard for a traitor like Sasuke. She doesn't mention that she wants Sasuke back for herself or Naruto's PoaLT to her. She mentions (and acknowledges) how Sasuke is like a brother to him, his best friend, and how close they were. Asking that even Sai might understand a little since he lost a "brother" too, despite his lack of emotions. When Kabuto mocks Naruto, saying that Sasuke is changed and doesn't want anything to do with Team 7 or Konoha.

Again, Sasuke doesn't enter Sakura's mind. Instead, she thinks about Naruto's wellbeing. She yells at Kabuto, calling him 4 eyes and that he doesn't know how Naruto is feeling. After Naruto turns 4tails and she sees the demon for the first time, she realizes how far Naruto is trying, for himself and for her. She thinks back to the 12 year old carefree smiling Naruto, and the older more mature but still the same 15 year old Naruto. Where's that smiling face now, the Naruto she's grown fond of?

Yet ignoring the dangers and Yamato's words, she run towards him. An easy thing to do, was to tell Naruto to forget about the promise and Sasuke. But since Naruto and Sasuke were so close, she knows that Naruto won't give up. So she makes a compromise and I'm happy with what she said. She shouts to Naruto, "that's enough, I'll save Sasuke-kun for you, so you don't need to-". She knows her chances of saving Sasuke on her own is greatly reduced. But she tries to relieve Naruto of his burden.

She doesn't want to see Naruto in so much pain, trying so hard and selling his soul to the Kyuubi to bring Sasuke back. She shows her selflessness, for Naruto, saying she'll save Sasuke for Naruto. Not for herself. I've also noticed that she has broken promises related to Sasuke, but kept the one vow she made with Naruto. In part 1, Sasuke asked her not to tell Naruto about the Cursed Seal, because he didn't want him to worry. Before Sasuke leaving, she asks Naruto out on a date.

Now Naruto and Sakura are good friends and part of Team 7. She could've just said she had something important to talk to him about. It's also here that she tells Naruto about Sasuke, Orochimaru, and the Cursed Seal, thus breaking her promise. She could've went to Kakashi, Ino, or even Tsunade. Kakashi suppressed the Cursed Seal, Ino is her best friend / rival and shares the same interest in Sasuke. Tsunade is a legendary sannin, recent hokage, and knows Orochimaru.

Yet of all people, she chose Naruto. The one Sasuke told her to promise him not to tell. So she breaks her promise and confides in Naruto. Naruto cheers her up by saying Sasuke is strong enough and won't go to someone like Orochimaru. When Sakura smiled, I don't think she really believed Naruto's words. She had her doubts since she did wait at the village exit later that night and saw Sasuke leaving. I think she smiled because when she's down, she knows she can find comfort in Naruto.

In part 2, after meeting Sai. He calls Naruto dickless, Sakura an ugly bitch, and Sasuke a traitor. She doesn't defend Naruto cause she probably feels he's a big boy who can defend himself. She gets mad when Sai insults Sasuke because he isn't there to defend himself, she's sorta mothering him, and it's like Sai talking behind Sasuke's back. She punches Sai and makes a promise that she'll do it if Sai insults Sasuke again. Yet after Team Kakashi's simulation training, Sai insults Sasuke again.

But here, she gauges Naruto's reaction. Naruto says he'll do whatever it takes to save Sasuke, even if it means working with a jerk like Sai. Sakura breaks her vow that she'll hit Sai again for insulting Sasuke, because of the actions shown by Naruto. Of course, that doesn't stop her from hitting him for calling her ugly, lol. The one vow she does keep is that she'll go save Sasuke together with Naruto, and that she'll save and protect them both.

After failing to save Sasuke at the Team 7 reunion scene. Again, she shows that she's still there for Naruto. "Crying...crying won't bring Sasuke-kun back. I'm still here...we'll get stronger together." Again the emphasis on together, she'll still be there for Naruto. Chapter 343, not just the feeding ramen, but the hospital scene gave me hints of her falling for Naruto. Naruto's right arm is injured and complains he can't eat with his left hand. Sakura has a flashback to the hospital with him.

She thinks about her healing Naruto's arm, berating him for being reckless and to only use the jutsu when he runs out of options or he's sure he'll make a hit. Naruto insists he's fine and that he actually enjoys doing this. Here we see Sakura's surprised expression in the panel. Note that Sasuke has not yet been mentioned. I believe that she was thinking that Naruto was gonna say his feelings for her at that moment, saying he's enjoying spending time together with her.

However, he ruins the moment by saying it feels like they're getting closer to Sasuke. Then we see Sakura's sad expression before the flashback ends and we see her attempting to feed Naruto (until Sai interrupts). In her sad expression, I believe her thoughts was that "Naruto you baka, you think I still love Sasuke-kun, I don't feel like that for him anymore, it's you I want." And then of course, she shifts her chair close to him, tries to feed him. This is considered a romantic gesture in Japan

Naruto sorta put 2 and 2 together and realized what Sakura might be feeling for him, and was happy that she was gonna feed him. When Sai reaches over and feeds Naruto, look at Sakura in the panel. Notice she has her hand in a fist while looking at Sai? We don't see her face but I think she was angry at Sai for interrupting the moment as well. As for why she doesn't fangirl or throws herself at Naruto. Well she's grown up and has gotten more mature.

She use to throw herself at Sasuke back in part 1 and their relationship (friendship) was weak and didn't go anywhere. I think she has a vague impression of Naruto's feelings for her, but she's not entirely sure how serious or deep it is. He does ask her out on dates, but he casually jokes about it, so as not to feel too dejected or saddened when she declines. So she's probably not sure how Naruto really feels about her or if he's serious about it. She wouldn't want to jump in and get hurt.

So she's probably testing the waters, trying to see where her and Naruto's feelings lie. As for her date rejections in part 2, she has a sense of protocol and knows how scary Tsunade can be when she's angry. So she got mad at his date request when they had to go see her right away. The other time was they were going to see Kakashi together with Sai, and she teases him about exercising his mind if he can think about dating only. It's like, Naruto is a baka, but he's Sakura's baka.

Hmm there are a few possibilities of what could happen. With recent chapter events, it's possible that Tobi may manipulate Sasuke and have him join the Akatsuki. But I think like Vegeta in DBZ, he'll be redeemed in the end. And NaruSaku getting together won't leave Sasuke out of the Team 7 equation. They both care about him dearly as a friend and comrade. And I don't think Sasuke would have any qualms about his 2 teammates in a relationship, as he showed no romantic interest in Sakura.

There's still the possibility that Kishi might not make any pairings happen in the end. Or I hope that he doesn't chuck all development out the window and pull a Goku/Chichi on us. If he was to make a hetero pairing happen, I believe it will most likely be NaruSaku considering it's mountain of evidence. As for the bad guys, I believe it will either be Naruto and Sasuke teaming up together, or Team 7 as a whole taking out Pain and Madara.

I was rereading through the manga, and in the Kakashi Gaiden Arc, I started thinking of the Team Minato parallel theory. Let's say that unlike Obito and Rin, Naruto and Sakura do get together, and even conceive a child (continuining the Uzumaki line). The only way I thought of SasuSaku might happen, is if something was to happen to Naruto. Sacrificing his life to save his friends, like Obito did for Kakashi and Rin.

And like Obito telling Kakashi to take care of and love Rin for him, Naruto might tell Sasuke the same thing for Sakura. If this happened, Sasuke may not love Sakura romantically, but out of remembrance to Naruto's memory. NaruSaku fans may be happy that the couple got together near the end of the series. But if it happened like this to match Team Minato, I can imagine the SasuSaku fans rejoicing and NaruSaku fans angered at what Kishi did. But no, I don't see SasuSaku happening on it's own.

Just remembered something. There's also the part in Jiraiya's flashback before his death that Naruto is the destined child. Considering that the manga is called Naruto, I envision great things for our hero. Most likely he'll be the strongest shinobi and the next hokage (either after Tsunade or Kakashi, possible foreshadowing back in 367). It's similar to Goku in DBZ. He was born with a power rating of 2, had trouble against Raditz, yet was acknowledged by Vegeta as the best in the end.

I also think that 382 foreshadowed Naruto will succeed where Jiraiya has failed. Jiraiya always getting rejected by Tsunade, Naruto will probably end up in a relationship with Sakura. Technically, she asked him out on a date back in part 1 (talking about Sasuke, Orochimaru and the Cursed Seal), and when he asked her in part 2, she said yes but only if he pays. So Naruto has progressively gotten further with Sakura than Jiraiya has with Tsunade.
You need to read this (despite its length) plus my comments on page 87 then.
Old 2008-08-15, 21:25   Link #1753
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopple View Post
yeah but that dosent prove that she is attrachted to him she couldve meant that she was away from him and she wanted to know that since he had grown up he may have matrued more but it dosent prove that she was attracted to him
Yamato said: "Sakura...I can tell by just looking at you. The one you truly love is..." and naruto woke.. that was a time sakura was woried about naruto with him hurt. that has to be naruto man. she starting toooooo.

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-08-15, 21:47   Link #1754
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

sopple you won the previous rounds but i have to say the last onegoes to cynthia herrera. That was the biggest suggestion for any shipping in all of Naruto except for AsumaxKurenai.
I highly doubt Yamato was referring to Sasuke since he never knew him.
Old 2008-08-15, 21:49   Link #1755
APastelPainting

Some people have used the fact that Yamato is an ANBU member and therefore devoid of emotion as a means to discredit his opinion that Sakura love Naruto. To me, it just seems farfetched that Kishimoto would add that line in just so the audience could dismiss it as irrelevant since the character who said it is an ANBU.
Old 2008-08-15, 21:49   Link #1756
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
sopple you won the previous rounds but i have to say the last onegoes to cynthia herrera. That was the biggest suggestion for any shipping in all of Naruto except for AsumaxKurenai.
I highly doubt Yamato was referring to Sasuke since he never knew him.
yay ^_^ ( i am competitive)

me too he never saw sasuke! in less he spyed on them

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-08-15, 21:57   Link #1757
Julao

This is another long posts both made by DestinyDragon007 in regards to simsuars post in narutofan forums and MissLouisaRose replies to izzyisozaki in youtube. Please take the time to read this:

From DestinyDragon007

Quote:
Adding to the discussion here about Naruto's Promise of a Life Time (PoaLT) to Sakura in bringing back Sasuke. I wanna quote Simusar from Narutofan forums as I like his post in response to Inuhanyou's post about 343 at Sakura's slightly sad expression after Naruto said it seems like they're getting closer to Sasuke.

Quote:
From Simsuar:

"That is the twinge of sadness(possibly unexpected sadness, even to sakura) that was added to her shock. she may not know exactly how she feels for naruto, which is understandable considering what they've gone through together. being childhood friends, learning to depend on, protect, and help each other, and having a common event(usually painful in some way) bring them, possibly unknowingly, closer together.

In her heart atleast, sakura knows that naruto has always been there for her when she truly needed him. while she may still have the idea, in her head, that she may still "love" sasuke, her heart knows that she is being drawn towards the boy who has given up so much for her. in some ways, naruto is kinda the guy most girls wish for.

Yes he's clueless, and somewhat perverted, and immature at times, but he's devoted(to her), he knows real beauty is within, he's loyal beyond measure, and he is willing to do/give anything so that she will be happy. "If you truly love something, then you should set it free, and see if it returns to you." i believe that naruto's PoaLT, was his method of "setting sakura free." he just doesn't seem to see that she is returning to him.
I like NaruSaku in the romantic way, and SasuNaru as the best friends / "brothers" way (dislike it in yaoi). Despite Sasuke turning to the bad side, I think he'll eventually get redeemed like Vegeta in DBZ. Plus, it's possible foreshadowing where Jiraiya listed his failures and 1 was he failed to save his friend Orochimaru.

Naruto can still hook up with Sakura in the end, and still be best friends hanging out with Sasuke as well. Some people say that your significant other is like your best friend. Well there's nothing wrong with Naruto having 2. Sakura on the romantic level, and Sasuke on the "brothers" / best buds level. And although Sakura failed to reach out to Sasuke in love, she can still reach out to him as a friend.

And I think Sasuke would support their relationship and be happy for them, while either hanging out with them (in Konoha or doing missions) or doing stuff on his own.
From MissLouisaRose:

"About the Battle between Gaara and Naruto"
Quote:
izzyisozaki post:

Just a thing, it's very hard to know whether that SasuSaku scene hurt him 4 just NaruSaku. Just a more balanced opinion -
& he wasn't just protecting Sakura in the VS. Gaara, she simply was the one that needed to be saved first.
I don't hate NaruSaku at all,I just propose more balanced views on those scenes^^
Because he was very well-determined to bring back Sasuke even BE4 the promise "of a life-time".
Yeah, so 1 has to take into account NaruSasu 2,cos NaruSaku doesn't necessarily pwn it.

He said, "first of all, I need to free Sakura" cos she was trapped. He said also to Gaara "if you touch THEM I'll kill you". He trusted Sasuke and of course he was angry about the empty promise. Naruto is hurt by Sasuke leaving not just cos of a promise to Sakura. Wtf.

Sorry, he would have tried JUST AS HARD to save Sasuke, there is more than ENOUGH evidence for that. And like you said, Sakura had her life on the line in that situation -and Sasuke DIDN'T. If you want to compare all the times Naruto has gone psycho over Sasuke NaruSaku LOSES. Face the facts.

I really have nothing against your opinion, but there isn't anything strange in thinking that NaruSaku isn't far as deep as NaruSasu.
Quote:
Her Reply:

No, Naruto was protecting Sakura. The only person he ever mentioned in protecting was her, and it's only when Sasuke tells him she's safe that he stops trying to fight Gaara (look at the evidence again, or go reread the manga chapter).
Yes, it's true that Naruto was already willing to bring Sasuke back, but it was his empty promise to Sakura that Sasuke wouldn't leave that made him angry, and Sakura's tearful plea only strengthened his resolve, thus resulting in his lifetime promise.

Naruto exclaiming "I WILL PROTECT SAKURA NO MATTER WHAT" as he summons the boss toad doesn't emphasize it enough. Or "hey, boss, Sakura's over on that side, so we can't fight there! Lure him this way!?... We have to beat him, or else we can't SAVE SAKURA," and when he gets trapped by Gaara's sand, Naruto takes a look back at Sakura and becomes even more determined. Sakura was Naruto's main concern; she was, after all, the only one pinned to a tree with her life on the line from what I could see.

Naruto genuinely cares about Sakura, just like Sakura genuinely cares about Sasuke. Her happiness means the WORLD to him. If she hadn't asked him to bring Sasuke back, he wouldn't have tried NEARLY as hard or gotten nearly as pissed with Sasuke as he did. If he hadn't promised her that Sasuke wouldn't leave, he wouldn't have recalled on it just before they left for the village. Yes, he wanted Sasuke back, too, but he wanted Sasuke back more for Sakura's sake than his own when he left the village.

No one said he wouldn't. My point is that Naruto was fighting to protect Sakura. Konoha and Sasuke weren't his main concern then; there were thousands of capable shinobi currently protecting Konoha and Sasuke didn't need the protection; evem if he was injured, he could get away if he became too concerned about getting harmed. Sakura was the only one who was rendered defenseless, whose life was in danger. Therefore, she was Naruto's main concern and the only one who really needed any protecting.

"Naruto fought for Sakura's sake, and no one else's."

Oh, and for the record, Naruto goes psycho over the mention of Sasuke because Sasuke's a jerk who does nothing but patronize Naruto. That and they're like brothers, quite possibly the first bond Naruto ever made before Iruka. NaruSaku, which is a developing romance, can't really lose to a relationship based off brotherhood like NaruSasu.
Old 2008-08-15, 22:24   Link #1758
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

If Naruto ever does get with Sakura, then that would be a miracle. It's not that it's not possible, but it doesn't look like it would ever be possible. I think it would make more sense if Naruto ended up with Hinata.
Old 2008-08-16, 20:03   Link #1759
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onchuu_Norin View Post
If Naruto ever does get with Sakura, then that would be a miracle. It's not that it's not possible, but it doesn't look like it would ever be possible. I think it would make more sense if Naruto ended up with Hinata.
Why would you say that? Unless you're talking about a fling, what does she and Naruto have in common aside from that they both think Naruto is awesome?

I'm on the fence with pairings, btw.
Old 2008-08-17, 12:15   Link #1760
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Why would you say that? Unless you're talking about a fling, what does she and Naruto have in common aside from that they both think Naruto is awesome?

I'm on the fence with pairings, btw.
Hinata liked him all along, back when Naruto hadn't shown any promise as a ninja and everybody would treat him like garbage for no reason (especially Sakura).

I really think you guys are reading too much into it... I mean, the only time I remember Sakura acting "girly" towards Naruto was when he came back after his training with Jiraiya, when she asked him if she looked more "mature" or something like that... That was the only NaruSaku moment that looked remotely like a flirt. Which is totally different from the way she was with Sasuke, all clinging and cuddling and all... Hell, she even kept her hair long because she overheard Sasuke saying he liked girls with long hair. In fact, if he were't such a grumpy fag she would have gladly taken her panties off. She doesn't give Naruto 1/100 of that attention.
Closed Thread