Old 2008-09-11, 22:20   Link #21
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
lol so sad... its like anime saying "kishi wtf?"

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 22:22   Link #22
SuperiorX

i thought the fillers ended only about a minute or two were story related if not less, they are seriously running this anime into the ground with fillers and pointless bs like this.....

i can only hope that this gets better then this in near future.
SuperiorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 23:42   Link #23
Fran~
floating away...

The episode may be bad, BUT... the extra part -"Asuma Shippuuden" and "Shikamaru Shippuuden"-
was pathetically TRUE about Naruto having no screentime...

So, here comes "Sasuke Shippuuden"

Poor Naruto.
Old 2008-09-11, 23:42   Link #24
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Does anyone know what the ratings are for the show? Is it still like pretty good or something?
Old 2008-09-12, 00:01   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Does anyone know what the ratings are for the show? Is it still like pretty good or something?
I do not understand the viewer ratings that well, but Shippuden averages 5-6% of the viewership per week during its time slot...I think. 1% = about 500,000 people. So, 5-6% = 2,500,000-3,000,000 (give or take a few 10,000s ). Despite the seemingly low numbers, these are actually good ratings that keep Shippuden in the Top 10 each week.

As an aside, Naruto had far more viewers than Shippuden.

If you wish to find out more, check this thread, Anime viewer ratings in Japan? , to see week to week ratings in Japan.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-09-12 at 00:14.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 00:24   Link #26
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Yea, as sad as it is to admit that ramen part was not filler, kishi was having a bad day.
His bankers disagree. They changed the characters used in this scene because this bit of chapter was meant as advertisement for the Naruto movie released at the time. So it was in fact pure filler even in the original piece of work.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 00:36   Link #27
MikoKikyo

EDIT: um, never mind. just read the above post...

Spoiler:
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 01:47   Link #28
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

meh, episode was alright, nothing too horrible. Though I thought it was funny of the anime poking fun at Naruto for not really being shown for a long time.

So no episode next week it looks...but a one hour special the week after :0
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:22   Link #29
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

For as slow as this episode was, at least it ended with one of my favorite parts of the manga; who knew Kakashi could use Rasengan!?

But yeah, that was pretty much the highlight of the entire episode.

On a separate note, does anyone get the feeling that the one-hour special, airing in two weeks, is going to be an hour of pointless lead up to the fight, which will then be the following half-hour episode? That seems to be the general pattern with the one-hour specials as of late...I don't see any deviation coming...
Old 2008-09-12, 07:26   Link #30
Subaru-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
For as slow as this episode was, at least it ended with one of my favorite parts of the manga; who knew Kakashi could use Rasengan!?

But yeah, that was pretty much the highlight of the entire episode.

On a separate note, does anyone get the feeling that the one-hour special, airing in two weeks, is going to be an hour of pointless lead up to the fight, which will then be the following half-hour episode? That seems to be the general pattern with the one-hour specials as of late...I don't see any deviation coming...
Yes that's what I think will happen. The double episodes are nothing to get excited about, they mostly just hype up to the episode following.
Subaru-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 07:34   Link #31
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Is it that surprising that Kakashi knows how to use Rasengan? I mean copying techniques is his speciality after all...

Aside from the last part about Naruto having very little screen time... the rest of the episode was was a waste of time. Also i still cant understand how they can call those 1 hour long episodes "special epsodes" if all they do is like put two episodes in one.... It would be special if they didnt skip a week to do it =/
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 08:37   Link #32
aiko_chan
in moderation

Send a message via MSN to aiko_chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Did anyone realise in the omake at the end, the "Shikamaru Shippuden" banner has Temari's shadow alongside his? Interesting..

hhaha yes i DID realize that. I was skimming it over when I vaguely saw her - I kinda WTF-ed at first then wondered if I had mistaken the spiky hair and head protector for Asuma; but when I rewound, and paused it, it WAS her

hint hint (;

Last edited by aiko_chan; 2008-09-12 at 20:59.
aiko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 09:25   Link #33
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Oh yeaaaah! Shikamaru Shippuuden! That's the way to do it, the anime team gets +1 cookie from me.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 12:46   Link #34
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I was really hoping they'd cut the stupid ramen filler from the manga, but they actually expanded it. I can't hate the anime team too much because of their awesome omake. Best one yet in Shippuden.

Next week looks awesome though. The fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Did anyone realise in the omake at the end, the "Shikamaru Shippuden" banner has Temari's shadow alongside his? Interesting..
Well the omake was the best part of the episode. ShikaTema ftw! I bet Shikamaru Shippuden has Shikamaru along with love interest Temari solving crimes. A romantic crime drama!

DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 14:10   Link #35
Fran~
floating away...

Shikamaru saying: "Woman, get away from ME!... "
Old 2008-09-12, 15:25   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow that was pretty boring. Just give the guy his ramen so we can cut out a chunk. Or just have Naruto leave and go to a store to buy some cup ramen.

At least we should be getting to a big fight from that preview. Though will be a wait till next.
Old 2008-09-12, 15:41   Link #37
Fran~
floating away...

But Cup Ramen cant compare with REAL Ramen...
Old 2008-09-12, 15:59   Link #38
MikoKikyo

Hopefully not cup ramen is disgusting (I once heard of someone who supposedly got scurvy from eating cup ramen for a year )...

DeDe thanks for posting the picture, the two of them are such a cute couple what with temari being one of the rare useful females and shikamaru being awesome as he is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Is it that surprising that Kakashi knows how to use Rasengan? I mean copying techniques is his speciality after all...

Aside from the last part about Naruto having very little screen time... the rest of the episode was was a waste of time. Also i still cant understand how they can call those 1 hour long episodes "special epsodes" if all they do is like put two episodes in one.... It would be special if they didnt skip a week to do it =/
I agree with you on both accounts. Kakashi knowing rasengan was mildly surprising, not a jaw-dropping revelation of some sort. And the "special" episodes are real special, just two episodes when we missed out on the week before... By that logic I could make EVERY episode special by simply skipping every other week and catching up the following week
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 17:24   Link #39
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
Hopefully not cup ramen is disgusting (I once heard of someone who supposedly got scurvy from eating cup ramen for a year )...
You really need to eat fruits and veggies sometime

Quote:
DeDe thanks for posting the picture, the two of them are such a cute couple what with temari being one of the rare useful females and shikamaru being awesome as he is...
Those two reminds me Spike Spiegel and Faye Valentine...
Old 2008-09-12, 17:24   Link #40
APastelPainting

I guess NaruRamengirl isn't going to happen :'(
APastelPainting is offline   Reply With Quote