Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-12-24, 00:18   Link #661
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebahpla View Post
if she's related to kuro, then why take a picture of the trio?..
Just something that came to mind when Kuro was the only one who noticed her, so it's simply a guess so far. Just that it's bound to be someone who has some sort of relation to one (or all) of them and Shirai or Hoin isn't really a option.

But it could just as likely be a crossdressing Reiji who's taking some photos of Rin
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 06:09   Link #662
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
But it could just as likely be a crossdressing Reiji who's taking some photos of Rin
oh, you're good.
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 06:17   Link #663
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 33:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2007-12-24 at 06:29.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 13:25   Link #664
tebahpla
Not B&

@darkwing, how'd you know about this?

is that a theory or it are a fact(you know because of your learnings)?
Old 2007-12-24, 14:59   Link #665
ZODDGUTS

Looks like it was her who took that picture. The white boots seem to match the woman that went to the Rin's house. Also notice that the woman's boots are clearly shown to give us a hint that it's likely the same person.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 21:21   Link #666
Lexan

Hello, I'm new here. Slightly off topic, I read KnJ chaps 1-31, but I can't get a hold of 32 and 33! I would love to engage in your discussions, but can't! Do you guys read it untranslated, or is there translated scans out there?
Lexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 00:12   Link #667
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexan View Post
Hello, I'm new here. Slightly off topic, I read KnJ chaps 1-31, but I can't get a hold of 32 and 33! I would love to engage in your discussions, but can't! Do you guys read it untranslated, or is there translated scans out there?
(PMs to be on the safe side)

Chapter 33 really surprised me.
Spoiler for c33:

A very good chapter.
Old 2007-12-25, 00:56   Link #668
tebahpla
Not B&

@kanedragon I already did that a few hours ago.

if you go down for any sort of TOS violation, so will I. lol
Old 2007-12-25, 03:27   Link #669
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The manga is unlicensed.... and will most likely not be licensed for the NorthAm market.

So discussion of the scans is not really a problem.
Old 2007-12-25, 04:17   Link #670
billborden

[QUOTE=jigenbakuda;1306698]Okay I am new here, I just got thru reading all 30 whatever pages that is on here. My my this is an interesting thread. I love the tone of this thread. Its serious. I have never found such a serious thread on something I like before, bravo ladies and gentleman. I would comment on the old stuff, but its not polite to bring up old stuff, so I won't.

Spoiler for virgin theory:

Wasn't that long and random, I really don' think I explained it too well, but if I get flamed I'll try to clarify. But someone commented on how the other random teacher is married with kids, so what. That does not exclude him from cheating. So I will still believe he likes shiro-chan.

So lets list it:
love chart

Unrequited love (love not returned)

kuro-chan (probably over it now) ->rin-chan
boin-sensei -> aoki-sensei
random teacher dude ( this is a possiblity too, no proof) -> shiro-chan
american-chan (usa-chan, lol) -> reiji
rin-chan (technically) -> aoki-sensei
reiji -> rin-chan
aoki-sensei -> the dirty magazines he reads (AV idols hate virgins, lol)
shiro-chan ->her job, but it looks like it might change

reciprocated love (love is returned)

random teacher dude -> his wife

Not really flamed, but you are really putting a lot of yourself into your interpretation, and you're leaving out quite a bit of the text.

Lets start with the easiest one "shiro-chan [loves] her job".
As seen in Ch 25, pages 5-6, she hates enthusiastic teachers and kids. She has no desire to do anything beyond the bare minimum and resents being asked to do more. She's only working until she pays off her apartment loan. She does seem to be growing soft toward Kuro, but that is no where near enough to support the thesis that she enjoys either kids in general or her job.

As for "kuro-chan (probably over it now)[emphasis added] ->rin-chan", I really think that ch 31, pages 12-13 (Mimi and Kuro on the ferris-wheel) clearly refute that.

Next: "random teacher dude [Oyajima-Sensei] ( this is a possiblity too, no proof) -> shiro-chan" At least you listed this as a possibility, not a certainty. His opinion of her is better shown in Ch 9, page 7 "one bad apple". He may see her as an experienced colleague, but nothing more.

As for the story itself, what Watashiya-san has set up is a story where the locus of action, Rin, is separate and distinct from the primary character, Aoki-sensei. That is, Rin drives the story, but the story itself is about Aoki (as opposed to, say, Austin's Emma where Emma is both main character and prime mover). For all of his desire to be a better teacher, he only advances when Rin's actions force him to. Core to this dual-center story is the unbalanced relationship between Rin and Aoki. Clearly, by Ch 32, there is love flowing both ways but in seemingly non-commiserate forms. Rin's overt expressions of sexual/romantic love are clearly not returned; nor, it would seem, is Aoki's fatherly/protector love. At a deeper level, though, it is becoming increasingly clear that the fatherly/protector love is the level that Rin desires, see in particular Ch 14 pages 19-21 followed by Rin's dream on page 25, even if she is not yet able to fully recognize that desire with-in herself.

Of the secondary relationships, the only two that really concern the central plot are Reiji/Rin and Houin/Aoki. Even though it is becoming clear, by Ch 33 if not sooner, that Rin is losing control of her relationship with Reiji--as he slips further into conflating Rin and her mother; she still controls , via obstruction, the Houin/Aoki relationship. It's not that Aoki is unaware of Houin-Sensei's atractivness, nor is uninterested in her as a woman (see Ch 14, page 26 and Ch 19, page 9, respectivly, as examples); he is simply to distracted by Rin, and, to be honest, to much of the standard Seinan manga male lead (see Keiichi and Belldandy from OMG for an over-the-top example) to be able to act on his interest.

The remaining relationships: Kuro/Rin, Mimi/Reiji and Kuro/Shiro are, at best, diversions--often comedic sometimes dramatic--that exist for comedy relief (particularly with Kuro/Rin) or as a means to expose aspects of the character's personality without long internal introspection/exposition.

Considering the speed at which Watashiya-san has been pushing the plot, I would think that the end is very near, although there are a few side-plot loose ends that still need wrapping up. The resolution of the Rin/Aoki relationship will naturally resolve the Reiji/Rin relationship and, most probably, the Houin/Aoki and the Kuro/Rin relationships as well. It also seems likely that the fall-out from these will resolve/eliminate the Mimi/Reiji relationship. The Kuro/Shiro relationship may, in fact, have run its course, although there is no clear evidence it that.

The only truly important loose end that is still hanging is Mimi's total lack of self confidence. This is the only dangling thread for which I still do not see a clear resolution. I do see a few negative resolutions (sexual assault, suicide) that would be upsetting, but right in line with the dark aspect of the manga that has been there from the start. I would hate to see Mimi hurt, but I see how it could move the story toward resolution. The only possible way that I could see myself being disappointed is if, rather than spending some time on a solution, Watashiya-san drops in some sort of Deus ex Machina and it's "all better".

Sorry for the length, but I've been following this for a long time, and I thought it was time to add my two cents. Thank you for listening.
billborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 15:35   Link #671
Kona-Kona
Densetsu shoujo "A"

Really, I hate Reiji for beign such a pedo! I would like to enter in the manga and beat the crap out of him.
-and revive Aki so she can kill him for doing those things to Rin!-
Kona-Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 15:52   Link #672
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona-Kona View Post
Really, I hate Reiji for beign such a pedo! I would like to enter in the manga and beat the crap out of him.
-and revive Aki so she can kill him for doing those things to Rin!-
oh you make me lol. and agree to you at the same time
Old 2007-12-25, 17:04   Link #673
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The manga is unlicensed.... and will most likely not be licensed for the NorthAm market.

So discussion of the scans is not really a problem.
Eh maybe, but ive gotten in trouble before around here for doing what I thought where harmless things so I went the PM route aswell.

As for the chapter...Heh looks like the fire has finally been lit under aoki. I'm just hoping for a kuro chapter before those two wind up throwing down you know...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 22:36   Link #674
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Eh maybe, but ive gotten in trouble before around here for doing what I thought where harmless things so I went the PM route aswell.

As for the chapter...Heh looks like the fire has finally been lit under aoki. I'm just hoping for a kuro chapter before those two wind up throwing down you know...
Haha so your expecting a kuro chapter as well? What a coincidence
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 06:12   Link #675
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Aoki +1 for noticing the problems rin has. Now how can he fix it? It's pretty hard when you think about it. Since you will also hurt the child in question in the process most of the time. :|
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 10:27   Link #676
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Aoki +1 for noticing the problems rin has. Now how can he fix it? It's pretty hard when you think about it. Since you will also hurt the child in question in the process most of the time. :|
Yea, from now on i wonder what course of action he's gonna take. Also i was expecting a kuro chapter but i dont think its gonna happen with whats going to happen in the next chapter.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 15:44   Link #677
Lexan

Thank you for helping me, people!
I can understand the Reiji-haters out there, but I can sorta sympathize with him. For those of you that think of Reiji as a pedo, I highly doubt it. His love for Aki-san was so great, yet there were so many things he couldn't do for her (like the wedding ring). So, he is showing love for Aki to the next best thing-- Rin. It's not like Reiji loves Rin just b/c she is a child!
PS: Hey, why does kissing cause "marks" on Rin's neck? I don't understand the phenomenon! And yes, I've never kissed, so I wouldn't know! *boo hoo* T_T
Lexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 17:01   Link #678
veryinky

"kiss marks" are also called "hickey"s, they're when you suck on the skin hard enough to break the blood vessels and cause a bruise.

As a side note, the boots of mystery woman stalker do not match the office worker's shoes nor skirt. Neither her office uniform or day clothes. So I don't thinks he's the one following the 3 girls around.
veryinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 17:22   Link #679
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryinky View Post
"kiss marks" are also called "hickey"s, they're when you suck on the skin hard enough to break the blood vessels and cause a bruise.

As a side note, the boots of mystery woman stalker do not match the office worker's shoes nor skirt. Neither her office uniform or day clothes. So I don't thinks he's the one following the 3 girls around.

yes, i wanted to point out that the shoe person wasnt reijis co-worker. didnt match at all
Old 2007-12-26, 18:13   Link #680
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexan View Post
Thank you for helping me, people!
I can understand the Reiji-haters out there, but I can sorta sympathize with him. For those of you that think of Reiji as a pedo, I highly doubt it. His love for Aki-san was so great, yet there were so many things he couldn't do for her (like the wedding ring). So, he is showing love for Aki to the next best thing-- Rin. It's not like Reiji loves Rin just b/c she is a child!
PS: Hey, why does kissing cause "marks" on Rin's neck? I don't understand the phenomenon! And yes, I've never kissed, so I wouldn't know! *boo hoo* T_T
Still, it's like he's using her to replace Aki-san. He doesn't really seem to be a pedo, though. More like he's impatient of waiting for Rin to grow up.

Try sucking on your arm for like 10 seconds, it leaves a mark that looks like a bruise.

Spoiler for Kodomo No Jikan:

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen