AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam 00 Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 127 31.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 152 37.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 65 16.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 8.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.50%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.25%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-01, 13:20   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Gundam 00 (first season) - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire 25 episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam 00... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, speculation on the possible DVD only bonus episodes, etc., etc…

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Will there be additional DVD only episodes and what will they contain.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers could have done better.
And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Editing: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 13:28   Link #2
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Animation Quality: 10/10
Voice Actors: 10/10
Script: 7/10
Editing: Wut?

Average: 8/10

The show started out way too slow, but when it got going, it really got going. The biggest regret for me is that the last episode had way too much packed into it. There were so many fights going on at the same time that we never really got to see anything fleshed out.

Hallelujah had a very satisfying ending.
Tieria did not. The entire time we've been looking for Nadleeh hax, but in the end, he just gets owned and doesn't make any overall contribution to the fight in terms of characters killed. His best moment against Patrick didn't even end up with Patrick obtaining any serious injuries.
Setsuna got a lot of development, even up to the end, but his fights with Graham and Alejandro were very rushed. Graham especially lost a lot of his charm and character in that last episode. His much-anticipated GN Flag lasted all but a few minutes!
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 13:58   Link #3
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Animation 9.5/10: Honestly the best thing I saw all season. The choreagraphy on some of the fights was just outstanding and but for one brief moment in episode 8 everything was consistant throughout. The only moments of reused footage were those that were necessary for directing the narrative and I think I only recall two of them. The series featured an awesome colour pallet too that put a lot of recent series with their washed out look to shame.

Voice Actors 9.5/10: Everybody did what they had to do and filled their roles perfectly other than Michael's. A special shout out goes to Keiji Fujiwara as Ali-Al Sarshes for helping make an already menacing villain even moreso with his portrayal of a man with no morals who lives life on the edge.

Characters 8/10: Most I felt satisfied with at the end, but others not so much. Setsuna and Lockon had some good growth and if people tell me that Setsuna is the same "Ore No Gundam" character in the end as he was at the beginning then I will just have to laugh and tell them to go watch episode 24 again. Lockon's inner conflict was excellent to and it's a shame he lost out to it in the end. Allelujah's split personality was intriguing but a little bit goofy at the same time. I saw him more of as a counter for Ali's lack of morals by showing the limits of too much empathy (Al) versus doing what had to be done (Hal). Now that he's merged back into a single being we'll have to see where he's taken from their if he survived the final conflict. And Tieria, Tieria had the most growth of any of the meisters I think. He went from an obnoxious jerk who didn't care anything about his team mates, to a crybaby who couldn't do much of anything, to a rather gar team player who values his teammates as equals and a capable leader in his own right after Lockon was KIA. If there's anyone channeling Lockon's spirit it's Tieria Erde.

Of course there are more characters but I want to save the majority of my final analysis for my own website.

Plotting 7/10: Could have been better, could have been a whole lot worse. The early half was obviously episodic and sought to build up the world that the characters live in, and I appreciate that a lot because now we have one of the most convincing post U.C settings in recent memory if not the most. In doing this though a lot of character development was put off to the second half and left unresolved and some plotlines are still up in the air as a result of the second season being months away. It's really hard to give it an overall rating other than satisfaction, but not in a complete form since anything can happen. Luckily I have faith in Sunrise to take what we have now and make a good tale out of it for the next season and blame most of my misgivings on the fact that we are essentially cut off from learning the rest for now.

Music 10/10: Best music I've heard in a series so far this year. Kenji Kawaii's BGM's are just amazing and the second opening and ending really fit the series overall tone I find. People can rag on Sunrise all they want for being superficial in some regards (model kits, not that I'm bothered much by that tie-in), but I find it hard to deny that their series give us some of the best OST's to add to our collections.

Overall: 8.8 rounded up to a Nine out of Ten. Look for my detailed review on the series sometime in the near future.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 21:31   Link #4
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

everything was above average, but i couldn't give it a 10 because the first part of it was just so bad in comparison to the stellar second half. it seriously grabbed the audience by the balls in the last 8 eps and never let go.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 23:04   Link #5
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Animation: 9/10
Voice Actors: 8/10
Script: 9/10
Music: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

Bad:
00 had a rough start due to the amount of characters and lack of focus on the main characters. It took me about 5 eps to remember all the characters and their names. After that, is when I started to get into the series.
Voice actors can't match the mouthing of the characters well.

Good:
It takes Gundam to a new level of anime
Unique concepts of Gundam technologies
Nothing cliche
Unpredictable story
Villians that aren't so one sided (also likable)
Every characters plays an important role that effects the story and character development
LOTS of deaths
Music
No stock footages and pointless long flashbacks
Old 2008-04-01, 23:14   Link #6
Mangaka-chan

From the beginning my favorite point about the show was the characters. They're intriguing and as I watched the series I wanted to know more about them. While the four meisters are somewhat stereotypical in their roles (i.e. quiet, taciturn main lead, a older brother type team leader, the nice guy with a dark past, and mysterious bishie) they were not confined by those stereotypes and are unique enough to make me really care about them. Even Setsuna, whom I didn't really care much about, evolved into a character I respect and whom I thought had good development. There are some characters though, that I'm a bit iffy on. I thought the role of the Trinity siblings came and went too quickly. Michael and Johann's death sort of came out of the blues and they got very little development before being killed. I'm still pondering about Nena's role, but I guess we won't know until S2.

I actually won't say anything specific about the plot for now because I have yet to marathon the whole S1 through. Until I do that and get a better sense of the flow throughout the whole season, I'm just gonna say over all it was good and well written but there are a few bones I want to pick with the writer.

For me the animation and design are wonderfully done in this show. The character design was very refreshing after seeing Gundam SEED (no offense to SEED fans, but everyone in that show looked the same if you take off their hair >>;; ). And with a great artist like Yun Kouga doing the character design, I am more than happy with the results. The mech designs are also very impressive. The Union FLAG is the only mobile suit I've seen in a long time that's made me want to go out there and buy a model set. XD It's sleek and in general just very badass looking. I'm rather glad in this case, that Graham decided to keep piloting a FLAG because I really like seeing the suit fight on screen. The Gundams themselves are also well designed. My favorite being Exia, for its speed and maneuverability. That, and some of the awesome sword fight scenes wowed me when I watch them. The animation is pretty consistent, and though I did notice slight dips and changes here and there, most never interfered with my enjoyment of the show.

I'm a bit divided over the music. While I do like some of the songs used the anime (Graham's intro song in episode 25 was stuck in my head for a whole day), when I listen to the OST a lot of the songs didn't stand out to me that much. The opening and the second ending however, had me floored. The second ending especially, was quite powerful and moving. Both opening songs fit the series very well, and I hope the OP for the second season will be just as good as this last season's.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 23:39   Link #7
zalem

Gets a 9 instead of a 10 because of the very slow start. It took them a while to set up the plot and politics of the show so they sort of ignored characterization in the beginning. Plus it constantly shifted viewpoints, so it was hard to really get attached to any particular character in the beginning. But once they started getting in that characterization finally and the plot sped up, it became much more enjoyable. I have big hopes for second season.
Old 2008-04-01, 23:39   Link #8
Chase

Theirs not much to be said about the quality, i mean when you see it, it speaks for itself.

Voice Actors: 8.5/10
The actors really brought the emotions out in the characters and made it believable.

Characters: 9/10
Hmm, nice to see more than 2 characters i can latch on too in a gundam series.Nah really tho, some characters for basically every gundam fan.

Script/Plot: 9/10
Its difficult to gauge this one cuz this category really needs to be saved for the real end of the series but i'll give it a go. I think this is where i disagree with a lot of people on. Im not going to go into extreme detailed but i'll give a short view of what i think as i can. What i saw is this series tries to cover alot of people and their situation at the same time, giving you not just the meisters perspective on things. Like some one said, the grunts have faces now Cuz their were so many people in this, things like alot of character development for alot of people simply couldnt be done in such a matter, or atleast not in 25 episodes. Some meet their death early and some people dont like that, i have no problem with that. So instead, we were given lil bits of each character, enough to gauge them and understand for the most part. Most consider this a negative, but i dont, its nice to see a legit view of other sides other than the main to a point where you actually care to give an opinion about it(those are like the series of course). Now do i wish they have focused on some things more? Yes, but i cant fault them for taking this path. Slow start but the path they took i believe led to more meaning towards the end because of it. I could explain my position more cuz i didnt even discuss the fighting and stuff but im tired of typing already.

I have to say, its 25 episodes, but imo this is the best first 25 episodes ive ever seen in a gundam series as far as from an overall perspective when adding all the categories together.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 00:13   Link #9
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Animation quality: 10/10. This one is a given. If it doesn't get better with time, you fucking suck.
VAs: 8.5/10. Lockon, Nena, Al/Hal, Ali, and Sumeragi were done well. The rest aren't too great IMO. Par for the course. I still think the CE universe has G00 beat on VAs though...Tanaka Rie is just too much win.
Characters: 5/10. I'm sorry, but the majority of the cast were pretty damn static throughout. Only the meisters had any real development whatsoever and the rest of the cast was more or less there from the beginning as cannon fodder. Furthermore, why is it that we get the most development for a character right as they're about to DIE? Well gee, does it matter by that point? No. Granted, Lockon fucking rocked, Ali is a DAMN fine villain for being one of those unique people that DON'T want to blow up humanity or conquer the world. Sure the guy's an asshat, but at least he's not some emo philosophically off the deep end whacko like your typical gundam villain (Just about every single post UC villain goes here except Treize and Une) Oh, and Alejandro Corner...BAD TREIZE RIPOFF. VERY VERY BAD TREIZE RIPOFF.
Mechs: 4/10...sorry. Bland. Exia=par for the course. Dynames=ehhh. Kyrios=decent. Virtue=so fat it hides a transgender gundam in it. GN Xs are one of the worst grunt designs I've seen in a LONG time if ever, and let's not get started on the fatsuki.

Overall 8/10...excellent at its good points, but when you step back and wipe your tears from those that went bawling over Lockon's death or Daybreak's Bell at the end there, it has its flaws. Although they're nowhere NEAR as blatant as GSD's reused animation (YES SHINN, DO A BARREL ROLL WITH STELLA DYING IN YOUR ARMS), just about everything G00 doesn't do well it does rather poorly on, albeit that's few and far between. Wing and SEED have this thing edged out IMHO. As for Destiny, its effort at continuing a story were valiant, but god damn it, it just seemed like the producers didn't care about it as much as they tried milking the CEverse.

As for season 2, I really want to hear...

"DYNAMES, MOKYO NERAI UTS!" some more.
Old 2008-04-02, 04:29   Link #10
hai_san

i gave it a 8 due to the first half of the season, it was'nt really good but pick up in the latter half 14+ then it was a great show.

Things i dont like in first half:

-too many characters, with basicly no background and story relevance(e.g Saji+his sister, Louis, Maria, and some more who will just die on the way for story plot like Graham underlings) (i think Gundam 00 has the biggest cast ever)

-most stupid thing ever when the main heroin casually revealed himself as as Seisei F Setsuna as the most wanted "terrorist" to a women who he just meet...

-fights are too boring since the gundam are too OP and pwns the other mecha like nothing, it was already an archievement when somebody could force the gundams to use their better equipment
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 05:46   Link #11
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The battles in this series is simply amazing. There's almost one battle every episode and no fight scenes are reused. The later half of the series really shows the quality of the animation, these insane fightings are well animated and breath taking!

Voice Actors: 9.5/10
The voice actors do their job nicely. I only have one real problem with Ribbons's voice actor aka Amuro Ray, for some reasons, his voice sounds like badly dubbed. No idea why

Script: 9/10
Unlike most of the people here, I actually enjoy the episodic interventions. It shows how they operate normally. After the desert episode and the appearance of Thrones, things are getting heated up and head towards an epic ending!

Music: 8/10
Sometimes the music used are a bit bland, but some are pretty catchy. But I don't really care much about music anyway

Character:8/10
The 4 Meisters don't get much spotlight earlier on but soon develop their own personalities. Some of the supporting cast (Sumeragi, Graham and Ali) are really enjoyable to see them act. But the Ptolmaios crew really do need more development before they are offed

Design: 10/10
I really love the design of the mechas. I fall in love with the 4 Gundams the first time I saw them. And I have warmed up to the 3 faction's suits as I watch them in action. But it's a bit of disappointment that AEU can't roll out their unique MS and have to copy and paste instead...

An amazing series. It greatly entertains me every saturday. Too bad there's quite some long wait before the 2nd season starts. Hope it will be even more epic!!!
Old 2008-04-02, 06:09   Link #12
Sol Falling

Many years ago...I was a dorky, socially challenged teen, with a bit of a superiority complex stemming from the fact that I thought I was just that much more intelligent than all my peers. I had been watching anime for a while, but only the mainstream stuff like pokemon, digimon, dragonballz...basically, I considered them as I did any other cartoons, and had no experience being sucked into a fictional universe.

Then, I found Gundam Wing. It was incredible...the force of the personalities which inhabited that show. The technological, military, and political aspects of the show tickled my burgeoning intellect, allowing me to immerse myself in a universe of ideals at play. I idolized Heero Yuy, with his physical and intellectual superiority, and the discipline of his emotionless mind. I was transfixed by his effortless, even unintentional, captivation of the very eligible Relena Darlian. Ah, adolescence. Though that was then.

But even as I grew, as my appreciation of the show became more nuanced through exposure to the thoughts and opinions of better informed fans than I, there was more for me to appreciate. After I outgrew my idolization of Heero Yuy, whose suicidal drive and extraordinary ability I eventually realized I only wished I could relate to, I still found myself becoming fascinated by Trowa's duplicity, Quattre's kindness, Wufei's integrity. I was consumed by Gundam Wing for years, and considered it the pinnacle of what anime had to offer. It has been years since I've watched an episode, read a fanfic, even seen a screenshot, but I can still remember how that show shaped the person that I was. Eventually, though, I came back down to earth, to my own life, to real relationships I had with other people.

It had been a long while. My interests in anime diversified, and although I found in Seed and Seed Destiny some of what had captivated me in Wing, it went in a direction apart from what I wanted (honestly, I like Athrun and Lacus, so what can I say?) and I got distracted by other shows. I learned much in school and I learned much in life, and finally found myself a complete person in my beliefs and the way I held them.

So when Gundam 00 came around, I was ready. Ready for...something. I hadn't exposed myself to opinions or expectations beforehand, so I waltzed into the first episode without any preconceptions. The setting and the premise hit me like a ton of bricks. A complex world resembling our own! Peace, and an organization that would not be deterred! A story about the big picture, about a mind already formed, a mind that has survived, rather than the small little subjectivities that created it. I knew what I was ready for...this, a second Gundam, which would tell me what the world was and why it moved with a mouthpiece just a charismatic and powerful as Heero Yuy, Zechs Merquise, Trieze Kushrenada...complete worldviews, completed minds...that I could react to, that I could adapt to, that would shape and open and expand my own. New ideas! New perspectives! I was fucking excited.

Here I am, 25 episodes later, having seen none of that materialized. Gundam 00 has no charismatic voice, has no unique perspectives. There are villains and there are heroes, and they do the things that villains and heroes do. None of them have opened to me new ways of thinking, none of them have caused me to question the way I know the world. Disappointing.

In the end, Gundam 00 is, to me, high quality popcorn. Pretty to look at, with some exciting stuff going on, but ultimately, just a way to pass the time, to temporarily stave off boredom. I dunno what that is out of 10. I dunno.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2008-04-02 at 08:11.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 06:16   Link #13
TrueKnight

Animation : 10/10, superbly consistent through out the series, seeing this was intented to be a budget title it's not so surprising.
Music : 9/10, military styled music always brought joy to my ears, much better than SEED and Destiny in my book.
Plot: 7.5/10, for the first half I give it a 5, but the second half is deifinitely a 10. The final number is as expected.
Fights: 9/10, one of the better fighting in the entire Gundam series, seeing the good guys got royally owned in some part the series were a sight to behold. The badguys weren't just cannon fodders, they actually are good and some of them are awesome pilots.

TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 06:24   Link #14
kuru moon

Wink

Animation: 10/10
Voice Actors: 9.5/10
Script: 9.5/10
Music: 9/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
Value: 10/10

Overall: 9.7/10

Bad things :
- 1st ending song are kind of lame
- Too much Saji
- The big different between CB's Tech and others are too much. This make all early battles are not that funny

Good things :
- Story start way too slow but intense. It always make me wonder what will happen next.
- All Meister have got an interesting background.
- BGM for battle are well done, espicially BGM when Lockon vs Ali, and when meister use Transam mode (Setsuna vs Ali, for ex). Sadly, this two BGM are only used in later episode.
- When they want to Recap, they do it in a good way. I don't feel bother at all, unlike Seeds series.

Special note :
I firstly think that it would be turn out like Gundam Wing, which main character are immortal and can kill grunts like easy, or Romance are kind of Sadism - Masochism. However, after several episodes, I find out that it has nothing similar to wing at all. It's far better in all aspect.
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 11:27   Link #15
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I have to disagree with all of those that say this is better than wing...IMO this is Wing toned down.

The character personalities aren't as strong, and when they are, they're killed off, as was the case with Lockon (unless confirmed otherwise) and Hallelujah (unless Allelujah gets stuck in a position that he has to summon him again)

The biggest discrepancy from Wing though was Alejandro. Treize had his own schemes, but face it--the guy was a class act and AFTER death, he has essentially found immortality through Mariemeia, Wufei, and Zechs (one of the two easily best pilots in the series and the post U.C (just so the fanboys won't be offended) gundam franchise barring perhaps Killer Tomato). In the meantime, Alejandro tried to be set up as that scheming politician but he just went completely evil and died a death befitting of a typical villain, rather than a dignified one like Treize or dare I even say Durandall (shit the guy died happily with his "family" around him).

Wing and SEED are both visibly better than G00 IMO, although we're judging G00 from the halfway point and it can get even more epic, but I have a feeling G00 will only be Exia 1.5 rather than something akin to Strike Freedom or Wing Gundam Zero.
Old 2008-04-02, 12:18   Link #16
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Characters: 5/10. I'm sorry, but the majority of the cast were pretty damn static throughout. Only the meisters had any real development whatsoever and the rest of the cast was more or less there from the beginning as cannon fodder. Furthermore, why is it that we get the most development for a character right as they're about to DIE? Well gee, does it matter by that point? No. Granted, Lockon fucking rocked, Ali is a DAMN fine villain for being one of those unique people that DON'T want to blow up humanity or conquer the world. Sure the guy's an asshat, but at least he's not some emo philosophically off the deep end whacko like your typical gundam villain (Just about every single post UC villain goes here except Treize and Une) Oh, and Alejandro Corner...BAD TREIZE RIPOFF. VERY VERY BAD TREIZE RIPOFF.
I really think you need to put a little more thought into your responses rather than calling characters 'asshats' and what not. Given that this is the first season of the show, many things are suppose to be left unanswered. I'm sure that most of it will indeed be reflected upon in the second season.

Your fascination with Wing perturbs me. I'm sorry, but Wing was not the epitome of all Gundam shows, and your correlations of this show with that are impossible. Alejandro was not a Treize ripoff. Treize was all about chivalry in battle and what not. Corner, clearly is not. Corner is only concerned about eradicating Celestial Being and making things the way he thinks they should be.

Quote:
Overall 8/10...excellent at its good points, but when you step back and wipe your tears from those that went bawling over Lockon's death or Daybreak's Bell at the end there, it has its flaws. Although they're nowhere NEAR as blatant as GSD's reused animation (YES SHINN, DO A BARREL ROLL WITH STELLA DYING IN YOUR ARMS), just about everything G00 doesn't do well it does rather poorly on, albeit that's few and far between. Wing and SEED have this thing edged out IMHO. As for Destiny, its effort at continuing a story were valiant, but god damn it, it just seemed like the producers didn't care about it as much as they tried milking the CEverse.
Lockon's death wasn't nearly as dramatic as it could have been, but it sufficed for his character. And again, you go with the Wing comparison. Sheesh, please give it a rest or try arguing it a little more, because you are looking very very foolish like you always are.

Quote:
As for season 2, I really want to hear...

"DYNAMES, MOKYO NERAI UTS!" some more.
Please refrain from utilizing a language of which you have no comprehension of. You just make yourself look like a retard. If you must use it, at least get the romaji right:

「デュナメス、目標を狙い撃つ!」
Dynames, mokuhyou wo nerai utsu!

Now, I suppose I'll voice my opinion.

The only real problem that I had with this series was the music. I was looking forward to Kenji's arrangements for this soundtrack, but I was very disappointed to learn that there wasn't much new with it. He used the same song on several occasions, and while this did fit the bill in some cases, on it's own it didn't really do well for the album. I was happy that they utilized Daybreak's Bell for the final ending theme because it fit the theme of the ending much better than Friends did. Neither the OP nor the ED for the 2nd coul really sat well with me, but that's just because I didn't like the meaning of the songs.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 14:10   Link #17
Triple zZz
Oyasumi ^3^

Animation Quality: 9
Voice Actors: 9
Script: 6
Music: 10
Average = 7

I only got one complain: Characters development.
Triple zZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 16:22   Link #18
Arturia

Send a message via AIM to Arturia Send a message via MSN to Arturia
Animation Quality: 8.5/10 - Probably what grabbed me right from the start, in the opening scene of the first episode. It was gritty, dirty, and detailed. The Gundam appearing at the end of this scene was dead sexy. Though it never looked quite that good till Trans-Am was unvieled, I was really pleased that they didn't skimp on animation quality during combat, unlike SEED and DESTINY, which were prone to it almost constantly.

Voice Actors: 9/10 - Major kudos to matching the characters personalities to their voices, and not just their appearances. I particularly liked Lockon and Tieria's VA's. And well. I never get tired of Nena being pouty and cute while she blows things up.

Script: 9/10 - Major character deaths aside, the political and 'modern-day' aspects of the show were what I enjoyed most. The way the plot twisted though, with the deaths of those characters, affected and will likely shape the minds of the other surviving cast members in the second season, in ways we've been shown glimpses of in Tieria's new hair-style and Louise's apparant membership in Celestial Being. There were a few things that didn't quite make sense, but again. It's only half-way done.

Design: 8.5 - The designs of the Gundams, first and foremost, made this really awesome. The downside was the fact that until the world governments obtain the GN units, they're basically fighting the Gundams with crude mechs that look like they belong more in Xenosaga or Armored Core. The only one that looked remotely sexy was the FLAG. The rest were pretty damn atrocious.

Music: 10/10 - I can't complain here, really. This is one of those few animes where I enjoyed rocking out to both OPs and EDs. The music in-anime was also well suited to the scenes it's heard in. It doesn't feel out of place, but it doesn't distract you.

Overall: 9/10 - Not perfect, but far from a failure. It's leaps and bounds above SEED and DESTINY in terms of.. well, everything. Just the quality, and the effort that actually shows in the animation and plot.
Arturia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 16:55   Link #19
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

meh

same as the post above so I won't bother
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 00:12   Link #20
Jodecideion

Wow I haven't posted here in a long time. Not since the Destiny days. I just did a speed run of the last 10 episodes. The series started to slow for me. So I gave up on it. My friend told me I needed to jump back on.

I'm really glad I did.
The characters, gundams, and stories all improved 10 fold.
I glad to see a gundam series where they will kill main characters off. Looking forward to the second season.
Overall 8.9
after suffering through Destiny years ago. A dam 10!
Jodecideion is offline   Reply With Quote