AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-03, 12:06   Link #22881
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Finally, I get a glimpse of this here world again, with a much lighter heart than when I left it

Why?

(see spoiler below: rant breaker alert, though)

Spoiler for random rant bureka:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Yeah...you realize that there is literally no character right now in Nanoha that can do that? Granted there are characters in other series that have inhumane strength.

However, if you really want that to happen, you'd have to strongly justify it. And on top of that, why even both weighing down, because chances are, the weight is going to be magically of set to a more comfortable level.

Example would be Laeveatine: Look at how many parts there are to Snake form. It's bloody huge, and yet Signum can one-hand the damn thing. Consider that for a moment
In short: In Nanoha, strength has nothing to do with what weapon you carry, but having strength outside of that means you are h4xx in fistfights/impact fights. And given the strength Rei seems to have, I think it would be almost close to inserting the Nanoha equivalent of Kenpachi Zaraki or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Jeez, you go to class for an hour or two and come home with two more character ideas.

Has anything been done with geomancers in the fandom?
Geomancers? Maybe not. Yet. Beat me to it, and I'll give way, I guess. I write real slow though, so you'll probably beat me anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Still haven't got time to properly answer earlier posts, but I've got a question of my own:

Is this allowed? I mean, look at Cross Mirage.
It's just a crack picture, it should be under your jurisdiction. You go decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Certainly.

Now, the first few screens describe the Cradle as a Lost Logia at the very least predating Ancient Belka, so we know Belka altered and used Lost Logia they found. The later two screens are what link the Yami no Sho to Al Hazahred. After all, if the Yami no Sho was of Belkan manufacture, Lindy would not have refered to Al Hazahred as a name their familly would rather not remember.

Since we know Belka modified and used Lost Logia, it is much easier, and more logical, to assume they simply found the Yaten no Sho and tried to alter it like they did to the Cradle. They screwed up, obviously, and created the Yami no Sho.
I am most...pleased to see this, actually, I was even worried just the other day that the Belkans did the mess themselves.

Therefore, this does not hurt me one half bit. As a matter of fact, I'm rather glad to hear my original belief reaffirmed.

Quote:
No character yet. Besides, I'm thinking about this geomancer at the moment. Rei's getting put on hold for a while.
That was a good sidestep. Not entirely good enough, though

No character yet =/= you can make one out of the blue. The others have stated the proper course of action, so well, I'll say nothing on that.

In my honest opinion, a character possessing inhumane strength is okay with me, as it semms a heck a lot of characters in Nanoha possess handwavium material levels of inhumane strength, albeit magically (passively) enhanced in some sense or another. What I feel, on the other hand, is that natural, non magic enhanced strength is h4xx.

And try not to clutter your desk with too many h4xx issues at one time. Solve one first, and get on with the rest of your OC life, it's a bit smarter that way. If not, you'll end up like...

*sees the Silvana incoming with GN Oars all extended, and with the GN Warp Cannon in front...*

*And good god, is that Andrei on the bridge?*

Xena: All hands on deck!

*Prepares the Himmelgaten and the Arcus Civitas*

Right, I think you know what I mean...

Anyway, while I still can...

*goes back to writing*

---------------------------------------------------------
- OCs, Clear!
- Main Chapter, Almost Clear!
- Side Story, Pending Time Constraints and all...
Old 2008-04-03, 12:09   Link #22882
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
In short: In Nanoha, strength has nothing to do with what weapon you carry, but having strength outside of that means you are h4xx in fistfights/impact fights. And given the strength Rei seems to have, I think it would be almost close to inserting the Nanoha equivalent of Kenpachi Zaraki or something like that
Jesus Christ, is there anything here that isn't a hack?
Old 2008-04-03, 12:14   Link #22883
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
We set our boundaries based on what has been established as canon in the series.

We do allow some creative license, but they'd usually have to have some sort of decent background as to why they work.

I suggest you go here and read some of the profiles here to get an idea of what's considered balanced. I also suggest you read Keroko's work, since his characters are a good example.
Old 2008-04-03, 12:16   Link #22884
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
A lot of things really. Like I said in an earlier post, just give him more natural physical strength than normal (though not too much), and then a boost spell that serves as a force multiplier.

Depending on how powerful and *godh4xxed* you want it to be, said spell might need some limiting, but I think we can give you some artistic license on that. I think.

Old 2008-04-03, 12:23   Link #22885
Jimmy C

Quote:
The later two screens are what link the Yami no Sho to Al Hazahred. After all, if the Yami no Sho was of Belkan manufacture, Lindy would not have refered to Al Hazahred as a name their familly would rather not remember.
Whoa there. First off, the BoD is not even mentioned by name in that scene. Second, I think Lindy was thinking of the Jewel Seeds (and hence Al Hazadred) there.
Old 2008-04-03, 12:31   Link #22886
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Whoa there. First off, the BoD is not even mentioned by name in that scene. Second, I think Lindy was thinking of the Jewel Seeds (and hence Al Hazadred) there.
This issue...is always giving me headaches

But I'll spare a number to reply anyway before sleeping.

Hmmm...Then that's I start wondering at the use of the words "family" and "would rather not remember". I don't remember the Jewel Seeds being anything personal to the Harlaown family. Iirc, it was the BoD that was a more close-to-home matter to them.
Old 2008-04-03, 12:33   Link #22887
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Hmmm...Then that's I start wondering at the use of the words "family" and "would rather not remember". I don't remember the Jewel Seeds being anything personal to the Harlaown family.
Maybe not to the Harlaowns, but what about a certain Testarossa-Harlaown?
Old 2008-04-03, 13:17   Link #22888
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Not by name, no, but Lindy says "To our familly, that's not a name we really want to remember" and Chrono reacts with hostillity. This is obviously reffering to a traumatic incident. The Jewel Seeds were hardly traumatic, seeing the result (heck, even Fate came out for the better).

To the Yami no Sho, on the other hand, Lindy lost her husband. Chrono his father, and there was no happy ending to that. It's far more likely she was referring to the Yami no Sho.
Old 2008-04-03, 13:37   Link #22889
Jimmy C

Quote:
To the Yami no Sho, on the other hand, Lindy lost her husband. Chrono his father, and there was no happy ending to that. It's far more likely she was referring to the Yami no Sho.
Well, if you put it that way, it isn't impossible. But I'm weary without more solid evidence that ties the BoD to Al Hazadred.
I have to say, whoever hacked the Book was a true lunatic. If you use it, you're evil and will be consumed. If you don't use it, you'll still be consumed. And the perfect paradise dream makes me think someone used it to trap a previous master and try to gain control of the Book for himself.
Old 2008-04-03, 13:50   Link #22890
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, if you look at it the other way, that would mean that Belka had the knowledge how to manufacture Lost Logia. This would place them on-par with Al Hazarhed, and make you wonder how the hell they lost the war in the first place if they could make planet destroying artefacts on a whim. It'd make little to no sense.
Old 2008-04-03, 14:53   Link #22891
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Bridget: ....
>_>

What?

Quote:
And they made Sakura GAR, and it FREAKING COMPUTED!!! I was like at the four goddess of CLAMP.

Most of all, I started writing my CCS fic to show that TRC was definitely linked to CCS. And guess what? It's starting to look like, it was with Saint Church in Nanoha, I guessed right. So I stopped writing ER permanently.
Oh hell yea . I also watched the Tokyo Revelations OVA...holy crap she is GAR

And a CCS fic, huh? Mind sharing? :3 PM me!!!

Quote:
And thanks TK.
MaW wasn't meant to continue. I even called the last mission "Death & Rebirth". It was just for me to LOL in grim reaper style.
~It all returns to nothing
It just keeps tumbling down
...tumbling down
...tumbling down~

Quote:

*runs*
Damn...now I need to figure out how to farm gold for that tabard .
Hell, I need to LVL my hunter more first >_<. Damn Sunwell dailies are eating up my time

...took the pic in the Barrens? Or near that Horde major city?

Quote:
*glares* No.
Hmmm...

>_>

<_<

Syn: A whole new world

Vivio: Don't you dare close your eyes

Syn: A hundred thousand things to see

Vivio: Hold your breath it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I cant go back to where I used to be

A whole new world

Syn: Every turn a surprise

Vivio: With new horizons to pursue

Syn: Every moment red letter

Syn & Vivio: I'll chase them anywhere there's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

Vivio: A whole new world

Syn: A whole new world
Thats where we'll be

Vivio: Thats where we'll be

Syn: A thrilling chase

Vivio: A wondrous place

Syn & Vivio: For you and me.........

>_>

*RUNS LIKE HELL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
*Walks in*

Spoiler for MGLN Riot Force 6:

*Leaves*
Woohoo! And the training continues . Poor, poor Syn. Haiving to be stuck with all this...quirky people . Though the mission has me curious. Wonder what's in store for our heroes next chapter .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post

* T'sho, while dripping wet, stares at Keroko.

T'sho: My dear, Keroko-chan, don't lie to yourself.
T'sho: You just wanted to ogle us all in our wet clothing
T'sho: Nonetheless, feast your eyes!!

* T'sho strips off his wet shirt and opens his arms wide.

T'sho: Come! I shall allow you to leap into my manly embrace.
So...T'sho = Major Alex Armstrong? Is he trying to make friends with Keroko with his muscles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
For some reason the first word that came to mind was..

Kha?

>_>

<_<

*snicker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
On something off-tangent, listening to Komm Susser Todd while working over Gil's profile probably wasn't the best of ideas. I manged to cook up over half a dozen separate death scenes before the song ended, that being select choice of OCs and our dear *static* of course.
Ah, the classic happy death song :3

Quote:
The real question is: Did I ever deny it?
Let the mind games begin yet again!!

----------

And I think I'll inject some crack here...

Hellsing Nanoha
Old 2008-04-03, 17:28   Link #22892
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

See, this is what happens when I try to make characters. I start with a geomancer, and I end up with...

Spoiler for character data:

...CLEAVER-CHAN!

I haven't even seen Higurashi and I already love this girl!
Old 2008-04-03, 18:01   Link #22893
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Spoiler for character data:
O.O Rena of all people to port over? O.O?!!!!

*Runs*

Quote:
When Rena was 12 years old, her father finally went too far, beating Rena’s mother to within an inch of her life and then leaving her to die. Driven beyond sanity by this senseless act of violence, Rena took up a kitchen knife and stabbed her father to death in his sleep, then fled the house with everything she could carry with her, headed for the airport to try to leave the city.
O.o So what, her mother's dead now?

Quote:
After a fair amount of psychotherapy and spiritual healing, Fate helped Rena to enroll in the GFMA. Rena struggled greatly with the concept of teamwork, having had precious few friends prior to this point, and had to retake the B-rank examination several times. By the time she was ready for combat, the JS Incident was nearly over.
Several times over? Several usually points to 7 or so attempts, meaning that she's been attempting to rank up for 3 years. The rank-up exams are only every 6 months. I suggest you think that bit out.

The rest of her character history I cannot comment too much due to the fact that this is your fanon. However, Riot Force 6's sole purpose was to counter the Relics and the Cradle. Once that Cradle was destroyed, so did RF6's purpose go down the drain. It's mission was completed with the destruction of the Cradle.

But as I did say, this is your fanon.

Quote:
Dek Vorma – A curse aimed at the target’s barrier jacket. A successful hit reduces the jacket’s protective strength until the barrier is dispersed and reformed. Also works on knight armor.
That is really a moot point. I'm going to assume that would be used in late battle, because Mages would have more than enough spare energy to re-energize their Barrier Jackets.

Quote:
Dek Torma – A curse that paints a target with a magical homing signature. Friendly shooting spells will automatically home in on this target, allowing for fire-and-forget strategies until the target dispells the effect. Incredibly deadly with spells like Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift.
I really don't know what to make of this. Because although you can paint targets, that would involve that any friendlies would have to memorize the signature of the paint placed on the target so that when they fire, they can lock-on and leave it at that.

Quote:
Gravira – A curse that restricts a mage’s ability to fly by selectively dispelling flight spells. This curse is particularly difficult to dispel, and Rena will often cast this on her opponents as soon as a battle starts, to ensure they can’t escape her by going aerial.
Hmm...you realize there are ways to fly without actually flying right? One can always create platform spells and fly that way. It's not flying, since it's just a platform they're standing on.

Quote:
Midnight Edge – A weapon enhancement based on Fate’s Haken Slash. Rena cloaks Tarvos in black lightning, allowing his edge to slice through any virtually physical defense (barrier jackets, shields, etc.). Slicing through physical objects such as devices or walls is also possible but requires more effort.
Physical defenses? O.o Now that's just going god-level-haxx. There is no known magic that can do that. Granted that BJ's can be dispersed and the various layers are broken down, cutting through them as if it was nothing, is not going to happen.

If it was an AMF coated blade, maybe. And that's in terms of cutting through Jackets, Barrier, Shields, and Fields.

In terms of actual physical objects, what's the point? The device is already an armed device. With enough boost spells compounded on top, it's going to cut through eventually, especially if Caro's the one doing the boosting.

Quote:
Lotus Dance – A lower-powered version of Gust Step which Rena can apply to herself over long periods of time. The spell gives Rena a 50% increase in her attack speed as well as her movement speed, as opposed to instantaneous movement for a few seconds.
50%? That's a bit much. I'm not exactly sure how to put it, but I'm sure there will be others who can make a comment on this one.

Quote:
Demon’s Reign – A personal enhancement spell with a dangerous backlash. The spell creates the effect of a powered-up Lotus Dance, but also increases Rena’s strength and endurance significantly both magically and naturally by stimulating her body’s release of adrenaline and magically enhancing her body.
In short, this could potentially kill her. If the body is being forced to speed up all the various reactions within its body to produce the needed energy, she is going to die from nutrient deficiency, among other things, due to her body breaking things down to produce energy.

Quote:
The end result is a 100% increase in Rena’s speed, strength, and endurance.
100%? You're basically ripping her apart then. I don't believe the body would be designed to move that those kinds of speeds. I don't even believe that Sonic Move and Flash Move have that kind of ludicrous speeds.

Quote:
The immediate backlash comes from a dangerous shift in Rena’s state of mind. While using this spell, her mind becomes dangerously unstable, causing her to take on an “ax-crazy” persona obsessed with the destruction of her enemies.
So basically she goes psycho hmm? You say she's unstable, but then what you say next contradicts that.

Quote:
While she’s not so far gone as to confuse friends with enemies, it becomes almost impossible to get her to pull out of a situation in this state of mind.
Usually when one goes psycho in that sense, they don't differentiate anymore. They're blinded by blood lust and insanity that whatever they see is going to get killed.

Quote:
Worse, the constant release of adrenaline takes a huge tax on her body’s reserves. The first and only time Rena used this spell, she was forced to maintain it for approximately 5 minutes, then fell into a three day coma upon releasing it.
5 minutes? From the fact it's a 100% boost, I'd say that her body is going to burn off her entire body fat-reserves in a snap. I am so going to assume that during that 3 day period they were pumping her with nutrients up the ying yang.

Quote:
Needless to say, Rena avoids using this spell unless she has no other choice.
Yeah...I wouldn't even dare use that spell if I knew it would do that to me. Last thing I need is a skill that could possibly kill me in less than 10 minutes.

I'm not sure when you first conceived the idea of this character, but it looks like you had pitched this out within a few hours. If you look at my characters, *points to the link in signature* all of them took me a few days to a week before they were posted out. Not only you need to make sure your wording is clear, you also need to take what's considered canon into consideration, and make sure it still balances out in the grand scheme of things.

If they can take out anyone, or be able to walk away from some of the stronger characters with just some injuries, and don't end up bedridden for god knows how long, then I get worried.

That's all I have to say, and I am sure there will be other people who'll get around to commenting on her as the next few hours go by.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:15   Link #22894
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
In short, this could potentially kill her.
So could the Blaster System, but that doesn't keep Nanoha from using it.

Quote:
Physical defenses? O.o Now that's just going god-level-haxx.
Nope. Scythe slash cut through Nanoha's barrier jacket in season 1, Graf Eisen did the same thing in A's. This is just a run-of-the-mill magic-enhanced attack, like Shiden Issen.

Quote:
I don't even believe that Sonic Move and Flash Move have that kind of ludicrous speeds.
Oh please. Flash Move is subsonic speed. This is nothing in comparison.

Quote:
It's mission was completed with the destruction of the Cradle.
So far as I care, RF6's mission was to handle Lost Logia in general. Seven Arcs had no business splitting the group up after spending so much time putting them together.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:18   Link #22895
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am loving gahz as haxxbuster!
Old 2008-04-03, 18:31   Link #22896
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
So far as I care, RF6's mission was to handle Lost Logia in general. Seven Arcs had no business splitting the group up after spending so much time putting them together.
Actually, it was stated in canon about the true reason for RF6. They were founded under the 'directive' of recovering Lost Logia/Relics. Even so, the people who backed the founding, recruitment of all 3 Aces, and the heavy backing of the Saint Church, as stated by Regius, was suspicious. And he was right. Although they were kept in the dark initially, it was eventually revealed to Nanoha and Fate that RF6 was actually formed in response to Knight Carim's prophecy. They needed an group within the TSAB with the resources to counter the predicted attack on the TSAB while at the same time have enough independence from the TSAB to act on their own. With the prophecy coming to pass and prevented, they had no reason to keep RF6 together as it was planned from the beginning to be temporary.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:32   Link #22897
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For profiles to look at, I suggest the following authros: Aaron, TK, Keroko.

Read my OC profiles forn Ivanovich and John on how to port Master Chefi and Johnson into OC. ^__________^

The following, my most recent profile, is also a good place to start. THIS is how you take a weak profile (Franz's 1st profile) and rebuild it and make it relevant.

Franz Jaeger, OFM Assault Company Commander (Alpha Rebuilt)
-Skillset & Spell List

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-03, 19:06   Link #22898
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
So could the Blaster System, but that doesn't keep Nanoha from using it.
True, but in terms of Nanoha, it can be compounded. Granted that it could kill her at a later time, Blaster's effects on the body/linker core is nothing compared to what Rena's ability can do.

You're basically having her body gain power from her body. Meaning that she herself is using her own body as the fuel. And if her fuel runs out, she's dead.

Nanoha's Blaster System puts strain on the body. Ridiculous amount of strain, but at least her body can possibly hold together for an X amount of years before it craps out and she's in trouble.

Quote:
Nope. Scythe slash cut through Nanoha's barrier jacket in season 1, Graf Eisen did the same thing in A's. This is just a run-of-the-mill magic-enhanced attack, like Shiden Issen.
You're wording makes it sound like it'll ignore and simply strike through the BJ and hit the body that it's protecting.

I can't commented on the season 1 because I haven't seen it in a while. However, for Graf Eisen, he smashed a later of Barrier Jacket, and even then that's with a Cartridge.

Cutting a BJ/KA is one thing. Destroying a whole later is another.

Quote:
Oh please. Flash Move is subsonic speed. This is nothing in comparison.
So you're saying that your technique is sub par, or above? Because Flash Move and Sonic Move are already high powered moves.

Quote:
I believe that Eva has dealt with this point already :3
Old 2008-04-03, 19:17   Link #22899
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
You're wording makes it sound like it'll ignore and simply strike through the BJ and hit the body that it's protecting.
Yes. Just like Scythe Slash would've done if Nanoha hadn't dodged. Look up the final battle between Nanoha and Fate. Right after Nanoha's Flash Impact, Fate dive-bombs her with a Scythe Slash and rips through a portion of Nanoha's barrier jacket as Nanoha dodges away. It was the ribbon on her chest, I think.

Quote:
So you're saying that your technique is sub par, or above?
It's subpar because it's slower than Sonic Move, but it's better for Rena's purposes because it lasts as long as she needs it to. This is one of her stronger melee techniques; charge in with the speed boost going and hit harder and faster than the other guy can keep up with. Signum might even have problems with this if she stuck around too long.
Old 2008-04-03, 19:22   Link #22900
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Yes. Just like Scythe Slash would've done if Nanoha hadn't dodged. Look up the final battle between Nanoha and Fate. Right after Nanoha's Flash Impact, Fate dive-bombs her with a Scythe Slash and rips through a portion of Nanoha's barrier jacket as Nanoha dodges away. It was the ribbon on her chest, I think.
Okay if the technique is used to run through a target, then it makes sense. I was thinking it would by-pass the BJ/KA all together.

Quote:
It's subpar because it's slower than Sonic Move, but it's better for Rena's purposes because it lasts as long as she needs it to. This is one of her stronger melee techniques; charge in with the speed boost going and hit harder and faster than the other guy can keep up with. Signum might even have problems with this if she stuck around too long.
*snorts* The day Signum has problems is the day she allows herself to break her word of honour with Hayate a second time.

And if it's slower, Signum's going to have no problems watching her move. After all, she is Fate's rival in the art of close-combat melee. And who else is seriously actually known to be faster than Fate?
Closed Thread