AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 17 36.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-07, 00:19   Link #21
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
I started tearing up when suzu started to cry, but then I was saved from breaking down when Toori returned to his usual self. I definitely agree with the fact that this episode had a great balance of comedy, emotional scenes, and serious talk. That's something that's a bit hard for a lot of animes to pull off, and with this I didn't feel any awkwardness. I'm looking forward to next week's episode!
Call me heartless, but I returned to looking at the screen when Toori got back up - with that fabulous grin. And I forgot Suzu was crying, or rather, I didn't care that she did.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-11-07, 12:50   Link #22
serpiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think Muneshige is safer in the battlefield
Yeah, thats for sure. (is his wife jealous of Horizon? or is she "telling" him he has to be more careful in the battlefield?)
But are not some magical band-aids, the ones they use ? I wonder why in the leg? I thought Muneshige stabbed himself in the chest with that Tombogiri spear ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
I definitely agree with the fact that this episode had a great balance of comedy, emotional scenes, and serious talk. That's something that's a bit hard for a lot of animes to pull off, and with this I didn't feel any awkwardness. I'm looking forward to next week's episode!
+ 10 Totally agree with your point. It had the same effect in me.
Old 2011-11-07, 12:54   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
Yeah, thats for sure. (is his wife jealous of Horizon? or is she "telling" him he has to be more careful in the battlefield?)
But are not some magical band-aids, the ones they use ? I wonder why in the leg? I thought Muneshige stabbed himself in the chest with that Tombogiri spear ?
Muneshige kinda overdid, by using a 17000x boost. I think the muscle close up was a dead give away that Muneshige legs wouldn't really left unscathered after that showdown.
Old 2011-11-07, 13:07   Link #24
serpiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Muneshige kinda overdid, by using a 17000x boost. I think the muscle close up was a dead give away that Muneshige legs wouldn't really left unscathered after that showdown.
Yeah, quite a detail in foot movement we get in this series...
For the looks of that Muneshige guy, she should go by the name of Barry Allen instead of some Garcia the Ceballos guy
Old 2011-11-07, 13:35   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

one other item, when the class was talking about rescuing horizon. Shiro pointed out that they would need a lot supplies as Musashi itslef only produce 10% of its own food. I believe this is the only other anime besides Logh to mention supplies and logstic as a component of a successful rebellion.
Old 2011-11-07, 14:35   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Suzu was just way too cute this episode, just about killed me....
Since I'm watching this mainly for Yuuki Aoi (who plays Suzu), that is music to my ears. Ao-chan's 2channel thread is gushing about her performance in this episode.

I really couldn't get into this show at first, but now I think I am beginning to get it. His scene with Suzu even began to reconcile me to Toori, whom up to now I had found more annoying than enjoyable. Ah, I see, there is a reason why this is one of the most popular shows of the season.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-11-07 at 15:27.
Old 2011-11-07, 15:59   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Since I'm watching this mainly for Yuuki Aoi (who plays Suzu), that is music to my ears. Ao-chan's 2channel thread is gushing about her performance in this episode.

I really couldn't get into this show at first, but now I think I am beginning to get it. His scene with Suzu even began to reconcile me to Toori, whom up to now I had found more annoying than enjoyable. Ah, I see, there is a reason why this is one of the most popular shows of the season.
it does take some repeated viewing for this series to make sense. i re-watch 1-5 over the weekend and it made some much more sense now then when i first watch it.
Old 2011-11-07, 18:19   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
one other item, when the class was talking about rescuing horizon. Shiro pointed out that they would need a lot supplies as Musashi itslef only produce 10% of its own food. I believe this is the only other anime besides Logh to mention supplies and logstic as a component of a successful rebellion.
Don't most rebellion have a mysterious super-power backer ?
Old 2011-11-07, 18:57   Link #29
serpiente

Shirojiro is only interested in make more money

On a serious note, from what I read here and there, seems the author love negociation, discussion, strategy and politics...
Old 2011-11-07, 19:33   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Shirojiro is only interested in make more money
armies need quartermasters as much as it need its warriors and soldier.

Quote:
On a serious note, from what I read here and there, seems the author love negociation, discussion, strategy and politics...
i will look forward to his other works
Old 2011-11-07, 19:34   Link #31
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I generally understood the whole gist of the episode... but the part with Futayo is a little bit confusing for me.

Was she trying to give a public show of defiance against Testament Union to show to the Far Easterners that despite the current grim situation, they were not just going to be their subjects or something?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:01   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Sadly none of which are TV materials.

But it does look like he got his bases covered for the other group of fans
Old 2011-11-07, 21:03   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sadly none of which are TV materials.
Legend of Galactic Heroes
108 tv ep
52 oav ep
2 oav movies

the audience is there, you just can't sell as much crap to them like moe fans.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:18   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Legend of Galactic Heroes
108 tv ep
52 oav ep
2 oav movies

the audience is there, you just can't sell as much crap to them like moe fans.
What I meant was that to properly show them on screen would require lengthy dialogues and expositions that most people don't have a taste for, and not to mention the time limit of an episode. And sadly not everyone gets 108 episodes to work with- The Modern Anime fans need their fix now, NOW!

Therefore even if the Author does an excellent job on paper, that excellent job would not translate well on screen as cuts would be made.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:28   Link #35
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The politics and strategics shown so far in the anime have been pretty good, although it does, to some extent, assume that you have a basic understanding of how politics work, as they don't plainly state why character x does this.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:54   Link #36
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't most rebellion have a mysterious super-power backer ?
Lets see... Code Geass had Lelouch, Guilty Crown has Shu

So yes, every rebellion has some mysterious super-power in the shadows
Old 2011-11-07, 23:40   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Lets see... Code Geass had Lelouch, Guilty Crown has Shu

So yes, every rebellion has some mysterious super-power in the shadows
No I mean super power in terms of financial aid Bullets don't buy themselves...
Old 2011-11-07, 23:53   Link #38
serpiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I generally understood the whole gist of the episode... but the part with Futayo is a little bit confusing for me.

Was she trying to give a public show of defiance against Testament Union to show to the Far Easterners that despite the current grim situation, they were not just going to be their subjects or something?
I got exactly the same feeling from the episode than you, both the question and the explanation (?) .
Old 2011-11-08, 04:40   Link #39
MorningGlory

^
Futayo wanna prove that Far easterners are not some prick that can be easily bullied since Far east always get bullied....Unfortunately, she fail to prove anything in the end .Now the world sees that Futoyo loss her chance to take back that spear by force from a wounded elite of Tres Espana.
Old 2011-11-09, 00:28   Link #40
Asuras
Dictadere~!

^ He better be even more injured now after that boost of speed, otherwise that's just ridiculous.