AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 21:00   Link #2561
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, I'm still getting errors on NMM (and the Creation Kit, but apparently that's a different issue altogether). Will I have to reinstall the program to get things working again? My mods (most of then crafting fixes) are still active, so it's a minor thing.
Old 2012-04-23, 21:26   Link #2562
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
More like "low fantasy" to be honest. She looks like she was pulled directly out of Robert E. Howard's The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian!
yeah, I plead guilty to the "Howard effect" with that gear... I figure some level of realism adjusted for the "magical" justifies it.
If it makes you feel better they have winter gear for the wintery regions
I'll post that sometime.
(seriously, my girls look very modest/conservative compared with a lot of the bullshit "stripper" crap spamming the mod sites, this is more "John Carter" or "Conan" swashbuckle)

Actually, a mod that turns off all magic except for the supernatural from NPCs might be interesting...

As for the NMM -- I'm having a fair amount of trouble with mod downloads completing through the NMM. The way it succeeds or fails makes me think the server is just getting hammered with popularity. When the file won't complete, I manually download it and put it in the mod folder - the next time I start the NMM it sees it and adds it to the list.

The CK has a basket of bugs - especially in the visual arenas (the CAD/CAM type stuff like appearances, cell maps, etc). Lately, I've just been using a separate executable mod that is a specific NPC Editor with decent results.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-04-23 at 21:42.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 03:21   Link #2563
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Even without it, the fact that the uniques (some of them, anyway) aren't affected by smithing perks is a problem.
Actualy, most Uniques that can be affected by Smithing perks are still often not worth using. Unique enchantments really should be exactly that; unique enchantments.

You know what? They should have just rendered all Unique weapons to have infinite charge. So that even though they aren't the best weapons possible, the fact that they never run out of juice should make them a compelling thing to own. It would make sense too, especially for daedric artefacts.
Old 2012-04-24, 03:41   Link #2564
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I would love it if blade of woe and chillrend never ran out of charge. Especially blade of woe. That thing drains juice faster than a Sega Game Gear.
Old 2012-04-24, 16:21   Link #2565
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actualy, most Uniques that can be affected by Smithing perks are still often not worth using. Unique enchantments really should be exactly that; unique enchantments.

You know what? They should have just rendered all Unique weapons to have infinite charge. So that even though they aren't the best weapons possible, the fact that they never run out of juice should make them a compelling thing to own. It would make sense too, especially for daedric artefacts.
Eh? I never had a problem keeping them charged. I'm walking with kilos of filled soul gems.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 17:06   Link #2566
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh? I never had a problem keeping them charged. I'm walking with kilos of filled soul gems.
The point is to make Unique weapons actually Unique, while not making them over powered. Currently very few Uniques actually are special enough to be anything but ordinary enchanted equipment with a name and special graphic. Giving them infinite charge would make them attractive and an excuse to make them special, while still give power gamers a reason to Enchant their own items.
Old 2012-04-25, 01:20   Link #2567
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, it is similar to the problem MMOs have in balancing "rare drops" versus crafted. Get it wrong and it utterly breaks either questing for gear or the craft economy.

Just a safety note - I decided to backup a copy of my "currently working" skyrim folder just in case I replicate whatever I did to break it the other day.
Old 2012-04-25, 01:29   Link #2568
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I finally have my holidays again, haven't touched Skyrim for 4 months and its still in Vanilla after 400 hours of play. Anyone has any good mod recommendations?

I don't really need texture packs, since my com is crappy and I play on low, medium settings.

Any must get mods that improves performance, convenience, menu functions etc.

Maybe more equipment, increased difficulty, better models and such.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 02:35   Link #2569
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I finally have my holidays again, haven't touched Skyrim for 4 months and its still in Vanilla after 400 hours of play. Anyone has any good mod recommendations?

I don't really need texture packs, since my com is crappy and I play on low, medium settings.

Any must get mods that improves performance, convenience, menu functions etc.

Maybe more equipment, increased difficulty, better models and such.
From what I've scavenged off the Skyrim Nexus, these are the mods I'd install every time I got to play Skyrim:

Categorized Favorites Menu - This is a MUST. The vanilla favorites were a ridiculous mess once you got more shouts/spells/potions.
Einherjar + Warchief armor - Absolutely stunning standalone endgame armor. Lore-friendly, much better looking than Dragonplates or Ebony stuff imho (light/heavy variants, craftable).
JaySuS Swords - Some of the best looking lore-friendly weaponry from a mod. Once again, craftable (steel perk).
Winter is Coming (cloaks) - If you want a giant piece of fur on your back.
Pines of Whiterun - Trees added to the city. I usually stay away from mods changing the aesthetics of towns, but this one is worth it. Vanilla Whiterun looks so barren.
Dungeons/Wilds (Sounds of Skyrim) - Ambient surround sounds added to the wilderness. Wolves howling at night, wraiths screeching in dungeons. It makes the game a little more lively and unpredictable.
Old 2012-04-25, 08:24   Link #2570
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you use followers, I really like the Ultimate Follower Overhaul - it fixes many of the complaints about followers (cookiecutter twins, not leveling properly, use of gear, etc).

I am liking the Deadly Archery mod though it makes life a lot of more interesting/deadly.

The rest is pure taste issues. I've heavily modded appearances and character creation options, added weapons, etc. There is a *lot* of crap out there (wading through all the stupid "Clinical Stripper Armor" unsexy mods and "me god mode" overwrought gear that demolishes game play).

Also, I highly recommend copying your game folder to a back up before modding -- some of the mods really break the game for some people (instant CTD on launch). Some of the mods can break game saves.. Some perk mods are known to create CTDs when you check General Stats, for example.

I'll post a more complete "minimum favorite mods" once I repair the game again (wheeee).

I've just figured out, for example, that one of the high definition texture mods causes CTD-on-launch for my system. Currently restoring from my backup folder as I type because uninstalling the mod doesn't fix it.
Old 2012-04-25, 10:20   Link #2571
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If you use followers, I really like the Ultimate Follower Overhaul - it fixes many of the complaints about followers (cookiecutter twins, not leveling properly, use of gear, etc).

I am liking the Deadly Archery mod though it makes life a lot of more interesting/deadly.

The rest is pure taste issues. I've heavily modded appearances and character creation options, added weapons, etc. There is a *lot* of crap out there (wading through all the stupid "Clinical Stripper Armor" unsexy mods and "me god mode" overwrought gear that demolishes game play).

Also, I highly recommend copying your game folder to a back up before modding -- some of the mods really break the game for some people (instant CTD on launch). Some of the mods can break game saves.. Some perk mods are known to create CTDs when you check General Stats, for example.

I'll post a more complete "minimum favorite mods" once I repair the game again (wheeee).

I've just figured out, for example, that one of the high definition texture mods causes CTD-on-launch for my system. Currently restoring from my backup folder as I type because uninstalling the mod doesn't fix it.
i dont like to use a shietload of mods, i mean look my list

Spoiler:
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 13:48   Link #2572
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it is more than two, but not seven, so it definately is a "shietload".
Old 2012-04-25, 14:16   Link #2573
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
i dont like to use a shietload of mods, i mean look my list

Spoiler:
Your just like me I got 43 mods installed most of them are armours or enhancing graphics. Loving this game still even after 180 hours played
Old 2012-04-25, 17:32   Link #2574
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Your just like me I got 43 mods installed most of them are armours or enhancing graphics. Loving this game still even after 180 hours played
i've stopped to play as the Vault Dweller for now

Should i get Fo3 first or i jump out to NW to play as the Grim Fawkin Reaper?

Last edited by DuoRanger; 2012-04-25 at 18:17.
Old 2012-04-25, 21:17   Link #2575
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
i've stopped to play as the Vault Dweller for now

Should i get Fo3 first or i jump out to NW to play as the Grim Fawkin Reaper?
Gameplay-wise and morality-wise, FO3 is simpler. NV is closer to FO1 and 2.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-07-22 at 23:40.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 22:53   Link #2576
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I personally don't want to install too many things that alter gameplay too much, other than what I personally think was retarded in the original. Follower leveling up properly, for example, was critical. And I am still waiting for a mod that force my follower to equip EXACTLY what I want her to wear. She is wearing the heaviest armour just because if I give her Steel, she would swap it with random Dwarven whenever I give her loot to carry. Fallout 1 and 2 got it right; the follower should have fully customised equipment, they should never be allowed to wear and use whatever they feel like.

Other than that, the usual cosmetic changes. Better map that actually show roads (what's the point of a map otherwise?), SkyUI, and that's about it.
Old 2012-04-25, 23:15   Link #2577
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I personally don't want to install too many things that alter gameplay too much, other than what I personally think was retarded in the original. Follower leveling up properly, for example, was critical. And I am still waiting for a mod that force my follower to equip EXACTLY what I want her to wear. She is wearing the heaviest armour just because if I give her Steel, she would swap it with random Dwarven whenever I give her loot to carry. Fallout 1 and 2 got it right; the follower should have fully customised equipment, they should never be allowed to wear and use whatever they feel like.

Other than that, the usual cosmetic changes. Better map that actually show roads (what's the point of a map otherwise?), SkyUI, and that's about it.
You should see J’Zargo. He undresses during fights.
Old 2012-04-26, 13:03   Link #2578
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
You should see J’Zargo. He undresses during fights.
unfortunatelly only aranea and marcurio are the best mage followers, bcuz the rest sucks!

Illia loves to kill you with the ice storm spam, brelyna is weak, onmund is fucking awful and j'zargo has only sparks!

i think that i'll play skyrim again, only oif bethesda announces a new DLC, or if someone manages to port the FO3/NW Leather Armor

The Vault Dweller of Tamriel
Old 2012-04-26, 15:32   Link #2579
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't mind an occasional arrow in the back of the head or the errant sword swing, but yeah mage followers demonstrate very well why mages tend to be solo or to send the cannon fodder in first.
Old 2012-04-27, 10:17   Link #2580
DuoRanger
Banned

Good news people!

it looks like next week we'll have news about a new DLC for skyrim

Quote:
GOOD NEWS! (Somewhat, for those who haven't heard it yet).

The second post at this thread about the DLC got me intrigued. An user named Raestloz had uncovered some details about the DLC by checking the Patch 1.5.26 update files. Back in april 16, before the "Soon" dishonored picture dissipated the attention about Skyrim DLC. Something about crossbows and Snow Elves. This made me really curious and I used an utility (strings.exe) to scan the Patch 1.5.26 update file for valid strings. This revealed the following things (Notice the DLC01 prefix. Pretty much confirmed it's about the DLC!):

Snow elf stuff:

Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueA.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueB.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueC.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueD.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueE.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceFireBall.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceSitIdle.HKX
Animations\DLC01\SnowElfPrinceAscensionBurning.HKX

Vampire feeding stuff:

Animations\DLC01\IdleMesmerizes.hkx
Animations\DLC01\Paired_VampFeedBack.hkx