AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 15:13   Link #241
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirion View Post
ep 3 is going to be Rondo of the Transient Sword?
probably, kinda wondering where they are doing the time skip.
Old 2012-07-12, 16:03   Link #242
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirion View Post
ep 3 is going to be Rondo of the Transient Sword?
My guess is they would go with Red Nose Reindeer, but I still don't know how will it work. We will have to wait and see.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 16:03   Link #243
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if they are going with Aria for ep2, they will do the tentacle plants.
I think you are thinking of a different side story, either Vol. 2 Silica with tentacle plants or 'First Day' against those plants?

Aria was mainly against goblins if I remember right.
Old 2012-07-12, 16:13   Link #244
Deltaray

Oh and not to forget about Cait sith and Sylph lords
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 16:29   Link #245
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I think you are thinking of a different side story, either Vol. 2 Silica with tentacle plants or 'First Day' against those plants?

Aria was mainly against goblins if I remember right.
i am aware of it.

I am saying if they are doing the Aria side story, the anime will do the silica one as well.
Old 2012-07-12, 17:55   Link #246
firestalker5

Quote:
i am aware of it.

I am saying if they are doing the Aria side story, the anime will do the silica one as well.
Of course they are... They cast her VA and they have her in all the promo pictures. As well as Lizbet, Yui, and Sachi...
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:13   Link #247
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
My guess is they would go with Red Nose Reindeer, but I still don't know how will it work. We will have to wait and see.
After Red Nose Reindeer, if the majority of Anime viewers still doesn't feel Kirito as a real character, I'd say that the studio screwed things up.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:17   Link #248
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
After Red Nose Reindeer, if the majority of Anime viewers still doesn't feel Kirito as a real character, I'd say that the studio screwed things up.
Indeed. But I think Aria + RNR should make people like him a good bit. Although, I do see the 'OMFG, WHAT AN EMO' comments that some people might post. xD
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:32   Link #249
Flere821
Lurker

Speaking of Red Nosed Reindeer... I'm hoping they'll split that into two episodes, one for the time with Sachi and the Black Cats, and then next episode the level grinding and preparation to fight the Christmas boss. Considering the importance of this (eg, what drove him to help Lizbet and Silica) I'm hoping this is done well.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:35   Link #250
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Speaking of Red Nosed Reindeer... I'm hoping they'll split that into two episodes, one for the time with Sachi and the Black Cats, and then next episode the level grinding and preparation to fight the Christmas boss. Considering the importance of this (eg, what drove him to help Lizbet and Silica) I'm hoping this is done well.
Yeah, 2 episodes is a must for RNR, but.. I suppose it could be done in 1, unlike Aria. I guess we'll see.
Old 2012-07-12, 18:41   Link #251
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I can see it now. People complaining that SAO operates like a VN adaptation, going through the Common (Aria) , Sachi, Silica and Lizbet route before ending with the Asuna roure.

And if ALO is animated, we'd get the Imouto/cousin route.
Old 2012-07-12, 18:42   Link #252
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I can see it now. People complaining that SAO operates like a VN adaptation, going through the Common (Aria) , Sachi, Silica and Lizbet route before ending with the Asuna roure.

And if ALO is animated, we'd get the Imouto/cousin route.
.. I'm sorry, but what? I've honestly never heard that complaint before. xD
Old 2012-07-12, 18:49   Link #253
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yeah, 2 episodes is a must for RNR, but.. I suppose it could be done in 1, unlike Aria. I guess we'll see.
Both Aria and RNR should have been two IMO. We'd see.

Actually, I wonder whether they'd instead go for the Aria+ Rondo + Monochromie Concerto, an original story of Asuna and Kirito's first parting of ways, before doing RNR preferably in two episodes. Hopefully, we might see the 25 and 50th floor fight - 25th before RNR, and 50th after. Then perhaps The Black Swordsman (Feb), Asuna and Kirito's next reunion together (April), Warmth of the Heart (June), and finally, the main Aincrad arc (October- November 7th). Also, Laughing Coffin.

That's already at least 8 -10 episodes outside the main arc itself.
Old 2012-07-12, 18:51   Link #254
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
.. I'm sorry, but what? I've honestly never heard that complaint before. xD
It's just a joke, looking at the set up of the side stories. Now, if only Aria+Rondo + Concerto+ main arc is shown, that isn't a factor, since it's straight out Asuna x Kirito. But since we are likely getting RNR, Black Swordsman and Warmth of the Heart, and quite alot of teasing in all three, those harem haters are going to have a field day.

Though more seriously, I'd supposed they'd like Warmth of the Heart, for confirming the main couple in an indirect manner, and RNR for it's tearjerking content, and Black Swordsman "you look like my sister" a sign that Kirito is healing after RNR.

Still, if RNR and First Day was shown side by side, in 2-3 episodes, I'm sure someone in the anime section will be quipping : being Kirito is suffering.
Old 2012-07-12, 18:56   Link #255
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

what i like to see with the anime is that it flesh out the intervening 2 yrs between the start of the game and chapter 5. i felt the SAO arc was incomplete with the missing beginning stuff, which the author is only now filling in.
Old 2012-07-12, 18:57   Link #256
Ray
Garnet

Thinking about the structure the anime will have is a little mind-boggling for me (especially the dates/months of occurrence); I'll just leave it to the studio. ~_~

Quote:
It's just a joke, looking at the set up of the side stories. Now, if only Aria+Rondo + Concerto+ main arc is shown, that isn't a factor, since it's straight out Asuna x Kirito. But since we are likely getting RNR, Black Swordsman and Warmth of the Heart, and quite alot of teasing in all three, those harem haters are going to have a field day.
Heh, fair enough.

As much as a harem hater that I am, I didn't have any problems with those side stories, but I guess that's just me. *shrug*

Quote:
what i like to see with the anime is that it flesh out the intervening 2 yrs between the start of the game and chapter 5. i felt the SAO arc was incomplete with the missing beginning stuff, which the author is only now filling in.
Mhm, it's a damn shame the anime couldn't wait another few months (or maybe even a year?). Maybe the author will put some of his ideas for Progressive to use in bridging the gap in the anime?
Old 2012-07-12, 18:58   Link #257
novalysis

Quote:
So to do I, and there are HUGE Gaps. Like what is in between RNR and Aria+Rondo+Concerto. And why is Kirito so lonely when he has Klein and Asuna? If they do go that approach, then RNR will mark roughly the halfway point of the Aincrad Arc. What happened between 14th December 2022 and June 2023? Indeed, what kept Asuna and Kirito from meeting up in between say, Jan 2023 and April 2024 (A murder case?). Where was Asuna during Kirito's worst time in between June 2023 and Christmas 2023? Was Kirito hiding from her that entire time? If so, what happened when they met up again? Did Asuna berate Kirito for hiding? Does she even know of the entire RNR affair?
Old 2012-07-12, 19:12   Link #258
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
So to do I, and there are HUGE Gaps. Like what is in between RNR and Aria+Rondo+Concerto. And why is Kirito so lonely when he has Klein and Asuna?
i don't know about Asuna but with Klein. i am guessing Kirito still feels guilty over leaving klein and his group behind during the opening. Probably main reason why even through he wanted to join a group he didn't join Klein's.
Old 2012-07-12, 19:18   Link #259
novalysis

Quote:
i don't know about Asuna but with Klein. i am guessing Kirito still feels guilty over leaving klein and his group behind during the opening. Probably main reason why even through he wanted to join a group he didn't join Klein's.
Which implied he spent 6 months severing contact with the rest of his friends. Because if Kirito did spend several floors and most of December with Asuna....

Oh dear. In April (or whenever Asuna and Kirito once more met), I'm sure she gave him hell for hiding, all those months - until she joined the KOB (in October 2023 right?).
Old 2012-07-12, 19:25   Link #260
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Which implied he spent 6 months severing contact with the rest of his friends. Because if Kirito did spend several floors and most of December with Asuna....

Oh dear. In April (or whenever Asuna and Kirito once more met), I'm sure she gave him hell for hiding, all those months - until she joined the KOB (in October 2023 right?).
April was when Asuna and Kirito supposedly had their first real conservation (per Murder).

Both kirito and Asuna have each other on their friends list. You can tell where your friends are anytime.

Quote:
“You’ve already listed me as a friend so you’d be able to tell if you just looked at that. Anyway the only reason you could find me was because you used a friend trace on your map.”
basically Kirito can't hide form Asuna if she wanted to look for him. At least without taking her off his friends list.