AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-03, 15:51   Link #41
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Bah, it won't be till Boxing Day before I get to watch it here...
Old 2012-11-03, 16:08   Link #42
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Just got back from seeing it, and it was just my kind of movie. A Disney animated film about video games? How could I NOT see it?

Honestly though it's not for everyone. It could be pretty silly or even take itself too seriously at times considering the wacky setting and characters, but it wasn't really enough to ruin my overall enjoyment.

The J-Pop song that came up some point in the credits though was surprising and unexpected, but a nice touch. I guess it was kind of like a theme song for one of the fictional games in the movie. (IE Sugar Rush)

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-11-03 at 16:20.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 19:02   Link #43
GDB

I enjoyed the movie. I also liked how Mario was mentioned or referenced two or three times (the character, not the franchise), but never appeared. Sonic on the other hand, showed up two or three times and had a small speaking role.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 22:54   Link #44
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The J-Pop song that came up some point in the credits though was surprising and unexpected, but a nice touch. I guess it was kind of like a theme song for one of the fictional games in the movie. (IE Sugar Rush)
Correct; in Japan the movie's alternate title is Sugar Rush.

BTW, after watching some people are going to ask more about the largest real-life pop group on the face of the earth.
Old 2012-11-04, 02:46   Link #45
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Just saw the movie afew hours ago with some friends. Funny thing was that we showed up with about 3 of us, and met 4-5 other friends we knew at the same theater seeing the same movie.

Spoiler for Slight movie spoilers?:

What I REALLY loved was the short film that played before Wreck-It Ralph, "Paperman". The beautiful animation, the simple romantic story, and how it builds the two characters without any dialogue at all. Honestly, my #1 Disney short yet~ <3
Old 2012-11-04, 03:27   Link #46
CasualAnimeFan

Saw it tonight. I really enjoyed all of it. Did you all stay through the credits? It's short but fits well with the movie. Also, the short cartoon that played in front of it was really good! Best short I've seen in a long time! Blows everything that plays in front of a Pixar movie (yes, I know Disney bought Pixar. Hell, John Lasseter was an executive producer on Wreck-It.) Anyway, Paperman was a great surprise. Wreck-It Ralph was worth seeing on the first weekend for sure!
CasualAnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 13:39   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Most Pixar films, it is absolutely essential to stay through the credits - there's almost always an easter egg or two.
Old 2012-11-04, 14:59   Link #48
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

This isn't a Pixar film though. It's from Disney's core animation studio that was responsible for the boom the company had back in the 90's. Pixar's most recent film is Brave, which was released earlier this year and their next release is Monsters University.

Folks seem to have grown accustomed to the generalization that 3D CGI animated films = Pixar.
Old 2012-11-04, 15:39   Link #49
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
This isn't a Pixar film though. It's from Disney's core animation studio that was responsible for the boom the company had back in the 90's. Pixar's most recent film is Brave, which was released earlier this year and their next release is Monsters University.

Folks seem to have grown accustomed to the generalization that 3D CGI animated films = Pixar.
Normally, I don't make that mistake but Disney+Pixar happen so often I didn't bother to look.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:49   Link #50
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Buh bit crap having to wait until 2013 until I get to see this gem of a movie for myself.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:01   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say that I really enjoyed this. The theater might have been full of kids, but I left pretty satisfied .

I liked the various cameos like Sonic doing an ad and Mario just being reference but never showing up . Of course a few game characters that were even older than my time.

Came to the movie expecting a lot of cameos and world jumping, but instead got a pretty good story. Thought Ralf and Vanellope really carried this thing well and I got drawn into their story. A good way to spend a couple hours.
Old 2012-11-05, 00:32   Link #52
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I have to say that I really enjoyed this. The theater might have been full of kids, but I left pretty satisfied .

I liked the various cameos like Sonic doing an ad and Mario just being reference but never showing up . Of course a few game characters that were even older than my time.

Came to the movie expecting a lot of cameos and world jumping, but instead got a pretty good story. Thought Ralf and Vanellope really carried this thing well and I got drawn into their story. A good way to spend a couple hours.
From what I heard Disney couldn't get them in because they couldn't pay the fee that Nintendo required.

On that matter...

Hero's Duty...the part where they get off the shuttle and rush the tower...I don't know about you guys but I do recall a comic a very long time ago that involved a group of space marines that had to run a gauntlet while being gunned down by flying robots and only a few made it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It was quite a graphic comic.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:01   Link #53
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Seems this movie had the best opening weekend in animated Disney history so far. (Not counting Pixar films.) $49.1 Million in total was made in these past 3 days alone, beating out the previous holder of best opening weekend Tangled, which had achieved $48.8 Million.

Good going Disney. You may have hit a bit of a slump in the 2000's, but this new decade is really starting to look good for ya.~

Quote:
From what I heard Disney couldn't get them in because they couldn't pay the fee that Nintendo required.
Eh, at least Mario was actually mentioned in the movie. It could've gotten cut just like Dr. Wily's cameo.
Old 2012-11-05, 09:43   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh well, not like Mario not showing up really affected the movie one way or the other. More than enough good cameos from other characters.

Is nice to see how well this movie did over the weekend though. Disney did a good job on this one.
Old 2012-11-05, 17:41   Link #55
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Just watched the movie yesterday. It definitely has rewatch quality! I enjoyed it a lot and it was definitely touching! Not to mention I like the soundtrack of the movie too.

I might watch it again in a few days time. Haha

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 01:25   Link #56
sa547
*Author

Interesting reading here, Rich Moore on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...kit_ralph_ama/
Old 2012-11-06, 02:21   Link #57
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Interesting reading here, Rich Moore on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...kit_ralph_ama/
The moment I read that there's a Fix it Felix app, I went straight to the app store and downloaded it.

Excuse me while I go fix the penthouse.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 14:40   Link #58
Technolyze

Just saw Wreck-It Ralph yesterday, and I enjoyed it. I mean, there was a bit of the awkwardness that comes with movies intended for children, but I would watch it again. I absolutely loved that AKB48 sang the Sugar Rush theme.

Now I have to go and grab the Fix-It Felix app.
Technolyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 01:00   Link #59
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technolyze View Post
Just saw Wreck-It Ralph yesterday, and I enjoyed it. I mean, there was a bit of the awkwardness that comes with movies intended for children, but I would watch it again. I absolutely loved that AKB48 sang the Sugar Rush theme.

Now I have to go and grab the Fix-It Felix app.

It was the complete opposite for me when I went and saw it. I can literally say that everyone in the theater was over the age of 18~
Old 2012-11-07, 14:02   Link #60
AnimeFan188

I've heard this movie compared to "Toy Story" before, but so far, I haven't heard
any comparisons to this short-lived TV series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Over_(TV_series)

"Game Over (the title was inspired by the phrase "game over" that commonly
concludes video games whether the player loses or finishes the game, depending
on which video game he or she plays) focused on what happens to video game
characters after the game ends."

I wonder if the movie's creators ever saw this show?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote