AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-09, 04:47   Link #1481
Qikz

Just saw the finale. I really loved Tamako Market <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:41   Link #1482
EroKing

Old 2013-04-10, 17:00   Link #1483
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Old 2013-04-10, 17:26   Link #1484
LC
Shocking Pink

^SO CUTE! If only that scene had actually happened!
Old 2013-04-12, 09:48   Link #1485
garbage

well they can always make an OVA .... The Prince & Choi's Wedding Adventure.....
Old 2013-04-15, 03:27   Link #1486
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
well they can always make an OVA .... The Prince & Choi's Wedding Adventure.....
With Dera as best man bird.
Old 2013-04-15, 06:34   Link #1487
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Can someone confirm if I got this right?
I hear that if you buy the first volume of the BD or DVD version, plus the character song album, you get the chance to get a special CD, which will supposedly contain Dera's character song.

The website also updated with this:

There's two live events being held on the 4th and 18th of May, with ticket sales starting from April 20.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:48   Link #1488
velvetpioneer

When I read through these comments and the criticism about Tamako Market, I can't help but be a little disappointed in some people. It's as if when they comment and give their opinions, they completely disregard what Tamako Market is. It is a slice of life/moe/cute girls doing cute things kind of anime. It's meant to depict menial, mundane, everyday tasks being performed by adorable girls, and it does just that. But it's also added on the whole storyline of Dera coming to the Usagiyama Shopping District to search for his prince's bride.

Tamako Market has the adorable girls doing everyday things and looking adorable whilst doing them. But to me, Tamako Market was more than just that. Tamako has grown up with these people, in this shopping district, and with mochi being a main staple in her life. She is completely connected to those around her (some even having romantic feelings towards her e.g. Mochizou and Midori) and everyone in the shopping district cares for her deeply and only wishes to see her as happy as she makes them. I really did not think Tamako Market was lacking in character.

But what I did think Tamako Market lacked in that respect was the feelings brought up in Mochizou and Midori. Mochizou has blatant feelings for Tamako that we see from the very beginning. Midori actually came as a bit of a surprise to me at first because I just never suspected Midori's feelings for Tamako. But when those feelings became apparent, I was fine with it and I thought those, at least, would be expanded upon. Sadly, they were not and not only Midori, but Mochizou's affections were also placed on a back burner. As they were not essential to the plot (which, really, come on, guys, there wasn't one), I was merely hoping something would be done with them.

Then comes the prince's arrival at the end. I agree with others that that bit seemed rushed. I really wished he'd stayed longer, or they went on an impromptu visit to whatever island he, Choi and Deru came from.

But, despite that, maybe it was done purposely. Maybe these things were only given just enough attention to spark interest in the audience so that it could be later brought up in another season (which I sincerely hope happens).

Overall, this was an adorable little anime that made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside, and sometimes I had to pause because I was literally about to combust from all the cuteness. Especially when Tamako gave Mochizou his birthday present - I could've jumped through the computer screen and hugged him so hard he would've passed out from lack of oxygen. If there is a second season, they could definitely sign me because I'll be lurking all over the internet until it happens. And I just really wish people would understand what sort of anime Tamako Market is and take that into consideration when they voice their criticisms. If it wasn't your cup tea, well, that's just how some things are. But let's not be too hasty.
velvetpioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 16:43   Link #1489
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

One thing that needs to be mentioned: volumes 4 & 5 of the Japanese Blu-Ray/DVD release of Tamako Market is going to include bonus shorts featuring Choi.

Given how adorable Choi is in the preview clip, here's hoping that Sentai will bring them stateside for their Tamako Market release.

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2013-05-29 at 15:48.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 06:20   Link #1490
FireChick

Quote:
When I read through these comments and the criticism about Tamako Market, I can't help but be a little disappointed in some people. It's as if when they comment and give their opinions, they completely disregard what Tamako Market is. It is a slice of life/moe/cute girls doing cute things kind of anime. It's meant to depict menial, mundane, everyday tasks being performed by adorable girls, and it does just that. But it's also added on the whole storyline of Dera coming to the Usagiyama Shopping District to search for his prince's bride.

Tamako Market has the adorable girls doing everyday things and looking adorable whilst doing them. But to me, Tamako Market was more than just that. Tamako has grown up with these people, in this shopping district, and with mochi being a main staple in her life. She is completely connected to those around her (some even having romantic feelings towards her e.g. Mochizou and Midori) and everyone in the shopping district cares for her deeply and only wishes to see her as happy as she makes them. I really did not think Tamako Market was lacking in character.

But what I did think Tamako Market lacked in that respect was the feelings brought up in Mochizou and Midori. Mochizou has blatant feelings for Tamako that we see from the very beginning. Midori actually came as a bit of a surprise to me at first because I just never suspected Midori's feelings for Tamako. But when those feelings became apparent, I was fine with it and I thought those, at least, would be expanded upon. Sadly, they were not and not only Midori, but Mochizou's affections were also placed on a back burner. As they were not essential to the plot (which, really, come on, guys, there wasn't one), I was merely hoping something would be done with them.

Then comes the prince's arrival at the end. I agree with others that that bit seemed rushed. I really wished he'd stayed longer, or they went on an impromptu visit to whatever island he, Choi and Deru came from.

But, despite that, maybe it was done purposely. Maybe these things were only given just enough attention to spark interest in the audience so that it could be later brought up in another season (which I sincerely hope happens).

Overall, this was an adorable little anime that made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside, and sometimes I had to pause because I was literally about to combust from all the cuteness. Especially when Tamako gave Mochizou his birthday present - I could've jumped through the computer screen and hugged him so hard he would've passed out from lack of oxygen. If there is a second season, they could definitely sign me because I'll be lurking all over the internet until it happens. And I just really wish people would understand what sort of anime Tamako Market is and take that into consideration when they voice their criticisms. If it wasn't your cup tea, well, that's just how some things are. But let's not be too hasty.
Well said, Velvet. You deserve a medal.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 23:46   Link #1491
rulfo

So apparently.. Tamako had a CM at the end of the Chuunibyou movie. So I think we'd be getting new stuff in the future. Highly unlikely to be an OVA since I don't think they can bundle it with anything. Standalone ep? What are the chances?
Old 2013-12-18, 10:59   Link #1492
bastek66

Looks like sequel movie is titled Tamako Love Story

Oooh, a haircut

Last edited by bastek66; 2013-12-18 at 11:18.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 11:48   Link #1493
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A movie for Tamako? What a weird idea. Sounds like the love triangle will finally be resolved.
Old 2013-12-18, 11:51   Link #1494
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A movie for Tamako? What a weird idea. Sounds like the love triangle will finally be resolved.
I am actually looking forward to it, to be honest. ^^
Old 2013-12-18, 12:15   Link #1495
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I might actually want to watch it now, if they indeed do make that happen.
Old 2013-12-18, 13:11   Link #1496
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

How nice, I really did like Tamako Market. Looking forward to this, considering the recent stream of anime movies I've watched based on series have extended their respective stories quite well.
Old 2013-12-18, 17:55   Link #1497
Blaat

Any thing but a Mochizō/Midori ending would be unacceptable.
Old 2013-12-18, 19:30   Link #1498
Dextro
He Without a Title

I personally don't mind more tamako market since I thought the show had quite a bit of charm even if most people ended up not feeling it. However I'm a bit worried by the title being Tamako Love Marke since the "romance" side of the show was always it's weak spot imho. But we shall see how it goes.
Old 2013-12-18, 22:34   Link #1499
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Romance side of the anime. wouldn't mind, but it would take months to be subbed since its a movie
anything but that chicken and prince
Old 2013-12-19, 01:31   Link #1500
rulfo

Didn't realize it but Tamako had her eyebrows made.

Tags
comedy, seinen