AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-08, 07:41   Link #221
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Do you guys think that one of the reason that we support Yuuya/Yui is because of the fact that they are (half) family members?
NO!

People been shipping these two since they were first introduced in the novels since 2007. There's even doujins of those two during those years even before the anime aired!

Your questions sounds very wrong since it suggest we never shipped them until we found out they were siblings! This almost sounds like people never like vampires and werewolves until Twilight came. (Which is much worse! Crazy fangirls thinking these creatures are misunderstood romantics!? What the Heck is wrong with them?)
Old 2013-08-08, 07:42   Link #222
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Her being related to Yuuya simply adds drama, and some of us do enjoy seeing fictional characters suffer.

That said, I've shipped YuuyaxYui for a long time, and never considered them siblings, even after the reveal.
So do I! So do I...
It's nice to see how beautiful but fragile love is! Just like Cinderella's Glass Heel.
Also, what would you guys think if I made them twin in my Extra fic? Major acrobatic, I know! But they are just so completed the other! (Kind of reminds me and my brother.)
Old 2013-08-08, 07:59   Link #223
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
NO!

People been shipping these two since they were first introduced in the novels since 2007. There's even doujins of those two during those years even before the anime aired!

Your questions sounds very wrong since it suggest we never shipped them until we found out they were siblings! This almost sounds like people never like vampires and werewolves until Twilight came. (Which is much worse! Crazy fangirls thinking these creatures are misunderstood romantics!? What the Heck is wrong with them?)
No, that is not what I mean. These word just for the sake to prove that there is a Rebellious part in us fans!
Old 2013-08-08, 11:20   Link #224
Mazryonh

Has Mai Nakahara had similar roles to Yui Takamura in the past? I don't really keep up with her works much.
Old 2013-08-09, 00:09   Link #225
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
that was 3-odd years ago, so I figure Takeru woulda been 18 - IIRC Yui is 17 during Total Eclipse, which means she was thrown into the meat grinder at the tender age of 14.

There are hints and implications that the blue Takemi was piloted by Takatsukasa Kyoko, Yui's CO and mentor in the IRG.
Looking back on old posts, I saw this and recalled an old doubt: was Yui's age ever defined by official sources?

As far as I remember, it was only stated that she was still under 20 years-old when the main events of Total Eclipse began. Personally, I believe Yui was about 19 when she went to Alaska. My basis is simple: in 98 (still prior to the BETA invasion), the Japanese diet had just passed a bill lowering the minimum age for female conscription to 16 years old. Considering how Yui was still a cadet around that time, she shouldn't have been much younger (or older) than that.
Old 2013-08-09, 01:00   Link #226
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, who knows! The Takamura's is a samurai family, so there could be the possibility of Yui enlisted volunteery.
Old 2013-08-09, 01:42   Link #227
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Looking back on old posts, I saw this and recalled an old doubt: was Yui's age ever defined by official sources?

As far as I remember, it was only stated that she was still under 20 years-old when the main events of Total Eclipse began. Personally, I believe Yui was about 19 when she went to Alaska. My basis is simple: in 98 (still prior to the BETA invasion), the Japanese diet had just passed a bill lowering the minimum age for female conscription to 16 years old. Considering how Yui was still a cadet around that time, she shouldn't have been much younger (or older) than that.
Yui is 17. https://twitter.com/maf2koinu/status/222038977178374144
Old 2013-08-09, 04:02   Link #228
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Has Mai Nakahara had similar roles to Yui Takamura in the past? I don't really keep up with her works much.
- Yes. Not EXACTLY the same, but similar.
Old 2013-08-09, 09:15   Link #229
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post

Quote:
The important point here is "official sources". As in reference books or any other materials released by age itself. Even if it comes from Kouki, half-hearted sources such as twitter have as much credibility as the rumors in 4chan.
Old 2013-08-09, 09:28   Link #230
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

I thought this was debated already in the past...

She was like 14 when the anime started and the 3 years after 'thingy' happened which basically means shes 17 when the she was posted at Yukon.
Old 2013-08-09, 10:48   Link #231
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Twitter has been used before to convey pieces of Muv-Luv canon (such as remaining TSF designs), so it is no less reliable than official works (keep in mind that anime invalided parts of Light Novel and TSFiA, with Kouki saying that anime canon takes precedence...only for VN to invalidate some of anime's canon).

Yui being 14 at the time of battle of Kyoto does make sense though, since the noble families would be expected to start their training earlier. Keep in mind that her training was accelerated, so that her class would be ready for BETA invasion. I imagine that her training would be otherwise long enough to finish when she was fully 15...right in time for the draft. Since Marimo mentions that her school subjects switched more and more into military training as BETA got closer, before it shifted into being a virtual boot camp. Marimo is about 20-something at least, which would mean that child soldier training had to begin at least several years before '98.

I suppose any regulation might have been a simple attempt to legalize what would be otherwise illegal action in training children as full-fledged soldiers, before the UN had gotten in on the act too.

Also, the minimum draft age is 15, not 16.

TL;DR version:

Kouki is the creator of Muv-Luv franchise. If he says that someone is 17, then they are 17 years of age.

Last edited by Alastor Mobius Toth; 2013-08-09 at 11:00.
Old 2013-08-09, 16:11   Link #232
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Men, this is quite messy!
Old 2013-08-17, 06:38   Link #233
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

O Maiden Love, you are pure as Ice and beautiful as Blossomed Sakura

And yet..

Tears frozen into Ice, and Flowers nourished from the blood-soaked land..

(Don't know why have this sudden urge to write these lines)
Old 2014-02-16, 14:43   Link #234
Mitchell134

Yui: My favorite anime character so far! The pilot suit is awesome, and she really knows how to control her tactical surface fighter!
Old 2014-02-22, 14:59   Link #235
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell134 View Post
Yui: My favorite anime character so far! The pilot suit is awesome, and she really knows how to control her tactical surface fighter!
Don't for get she is HOT. Like, extremely hot.
Old 2014-02-27, 21:41   Link #236
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Yuimouto is also a winmouto meant for lewds.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-28, 01:38   Link #237
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Yuimouto is also a winmouto meant for lewds.
Yuimouto? She will always be Top-Tsun to me.
Old 2014-03-03, 04:13   Link #238
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Yuimouto? She will always be Top-Tsun to me.
I personally prefer Jellyui.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-03-03, 13:10   Link #239
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
I personally prefer Jellyui.
More like Jelly Takamurin, amirite?
Old 2014-03-03, 18:59   Link #240
greensoulreaper
こんにちは