Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-20, 15:52   Link #1
hi no ken Jebus

Episode 86 Discussion Thread

Again kind of late but oh well.

Spoiler:

Please do not discuss anything past episode 86, or else you risk a ban. Don't even post future episode titles. Even tags are no defense.
Old 2006-06-20, 17:17   Link #2
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

No ichigo action? letdown
Old 2006-06-20, 17:58   Link #3
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

Notice the questionmark? It's just a filler arc, nothing will happen right now.
Old 2006-06-20, 18:57   Link #4
Scarlet

Obviouslly no vice captains will die. This holds true even if it's not a filler because no one dies! ^_^

They can still be slapped around though
Old 2006-06-20, 19:17   Link #5
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet
Obviouslly no vice captains will die. This holds true even if it's not a filler because no one dies! ^_^

They CAN die too. Haven't you ever heard of resurrecting? *coughDragonBallscough*
Old 2006-06-20, 19:25   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
They CAN die too. Haven't you ever heard of resurrecting? *coughDragonBallscough*
resurrect how?? and no dragonball jokes...so they cnt die...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-06-20, 19:35   Link #7
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
resurrect how?? and no dragonball jokes...so they cnt die...
I'm sure they'd find a way. And the dragonball thing WAS only just a joke
Old 2006-06-20, 20:26   Link #8
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
If that actually happens, I'm dropping bleach anime completely
Old 2006-06-20, 20:34   Link #9
Scarlet

Maybe if they collected all the bountou dolls...

They could summon a giant doll will grant them one wish

Now the real question is, if a shinigami was revived would he retain his power.
Old 2006-06-20, 21:22   Link #10
KanaKaishou

I'm pretty sure they could kill a no-name VC (that nameless? 1st division VC) in such a manner so it wouldn't be an issue...
Old 2006-06-21, 00:01   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet

Actually, everyone is overlooking one simple albeit unusual fact. Kubo Tite outlined this "filler." (As well as having done the character designs.) In other words, he could have told them to kill off anyone.

You'd be best to stop thinking of this as filler. While Kubo Tite didn't write the episodes, he did create the outline for the plot and left room in the manga for the time it takes. That means that things CAN change. Anyone that you haven't seen is still alive in the manga, might have died during this arc. Since we haven't yet seen all the VCs still alive in the next story arc, some might have already died during the Boundt story. (Please don't start listing the ones we've seen, since naming names would be spoilers.)

As much as I hate to repeat things that Thewanderer has said, this arc is part of the official story of Bleach and fits into the overall story, despite not having been in the manga. He's quite right. This is a rare case where you have to watch the anime in order to see the whole story.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:08   Link #12
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
As much as I hate to repeat things that Thewanderer has said
WTF? Why am I so bad now? I thought that my opinion is what made me hated here, but you're hating me just because? That's pretty rude out of you.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:31   Link #13
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I understood it to mean that he hates repeating things already said (in this instance by you), not that he hates repeating what you say in general.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:31   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Sorry, it's not that you're bad or wrong. I just don't like repetitiveness. I'm sorry you thought that I was insulting you as that was not my intent.

Edit: Beaten to the post by PhantomX. He's exactly right.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:38   Link #15
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Sorry, it's not that you're bad or wrong. I just don't like repetitiveness. I'm sorry you thought that I was insulting you as that was not my intent.

Edit: Beaten to the post by PhantomX. He's exactly right.
Oh, okay. I guess I need to work on socializing better...

Anyway, was there a new ED in this ep? I haven't watched it yet.

(((edit: just saw the first poster's pic )))
Old 2006-06-21, 02:13   Link #16
nst_silver
The 1000th summer

i thought this filler ep was actually pretty good. good pace, definitely not lagging like the last one.
Old 2006-06-21, 02:18   Link #17
brightredglow

Quote:
You'd be best to stop thinking of this as filler. While Kubo Tite didn't write the episodes, he did create the outline for the plot and left room in the manga for the time it takes. That means that things CAN change. Anyone that you haven't seen is still alive in the manga, might have died during this arc. Since we haven't yet seen all the VCs still alive in the next story arc, some might have already died during the Boundt story. (Please don't start listing the ones we've seen, since naming names would be spoilers.)

As much as I hate to repeat things that Thewanderer has said, this arc is part of the official story of Bleach and fits into the overall story, despite not having been in the manga. He's quite right. This is a rare case where you have to watch the anime in order to see the whole story.
Just out of curiosity, where is it said that Kubo did the outline? Is it in VIBES?

I'm pretty surprised to read that Kubo did the outline because it seems like the manga's timeline, if anything, has gotten a lot narrower and tighter in scope, almost aggressively so, whereas the anime lengthened the timeline. I'm trying to figure out where they could fit the anime arc in the manga timeline. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of wiggle room in the manga between the end of the SS arc and the current manga arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I have to disagree. I've not seen the most recent episodes yet, however in the episodes I've seen, there were already some discrepancies, which make it impossible to fit together with the manga.
Either the author has given the anime crew to many liberties, or he didn't see the thngs himself, but the fact remains, that it doesn't fit completely.
I have to agree with Small One. There are detail discrepancies between the manga and the anime so they won't completely match up. Even if Kubo did a timeline and some character designs for the anime, he left a lot up to the anime team to fashion the story.

BTW, the above shouldn't be considered a criticism against the anime because I'm not exactly jumping up and down for joy for the manga's current story direction.

Last edited by brightredglow; 2006-06-21 at 02:36.
Old 2006-06-21, 02:40   Link #18
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

I have to say, the part where Nova used his powers was pretty cool, and it was great to finally see at least a little bit of what Rangiku's sword can do. The preview for the next ep looks like they might be finishing the fight on it.
Old 2006-06-21, 04:12   Link #19
Jingjong

This was better than hi ken no jebus' summary made it sound like it would be.

I was suprised Rangiku used her zanpakutou at all, since before we've only seen her release it once, and really no description at all of what it did.

The end was pretty good as well, the close ups of the old man's face were pretty intense heh.

Is there really no episode next week? It's just not a one affiliate thing like before?
Old 2006-06-21, 10:00   Link #20
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i kinda enjoyed this eps...but is it me or does Rangiku seem a bit weak?? for a vice captain her powers are way inferior...but it was funny the way she used her spirit force to shut chad up
i found nova extremely cool ^^ the strong silent type...and when he blushes and shuts his hood to hide his face its extremely cute...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread