AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-24, 18:33   Link #4321
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Not that is a relevant presence. But even in the odds that the Lady is a fairy or something, I still bet for the god.

I think the Lady of the Lake is human and it has something to with Merlin. Then again I give up trying to understand concepts from Type-Moon wiki when it comes down to the nature of something or how their powers work.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:16   Link #4322
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What is the invocation for making an unclaimed (dead Master or Rule Breaker) Servant yours?
Old 2013-07-02, 09:20   Link #4323
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What is the invocation for making an unclaimed (dead Master or Rule Breaker) Servant yours?
The same as the standard contract-producing invocation used when a servant is initially summoned, I think.

It's shown in UBW when Rin contracts with Saber.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 10:59   Link #4324
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

The Rule Breaker doesn't need incantation. I think it just pinch you and is game over, Caster becomes the Master.
Old 2013-07-02, 11:11   Link #4325
GDB

No, she still needs to use the spell. But remember, she's Caster. She has High Speed Divine Words, so she wouldn't need to use the same drawn out incantation, at least to a Master's perspective.

All Rule Breaker does is break the contract/connection, nothing else.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 12:25   Link #4326
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I meant making a Servant yours.

Is it the one in Episode 1 in Fate/zero?
Old 2013-07-02, 15:33   Link #4327
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I meant making a Servant yours.

Is it the one in Episode 1 in Fate/zero?
It is that one indeed.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:08   Link #4328
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, she still needs to use the spell. But remember, she's Caster. She has High Speed Divine Words, so she wouldn't need to use the same drawn out incantation, at least to a Master's perspective.
Well, this can't be entirely true, since a normal contract requires the consent of the servant as well as of the master, and I very much doubt Saber gave her consent....

Quote:
All Rule Breaker does is break the contract/connection, nothing else.
Yeah, Rule Breaker doesn't explicitly deal with contracts, it just breaks magic. So, it shouldn't be able to force a contract on a servant. How exactly Caster does do that, though, I'm not sure.
Old 2013-07-02, 21:19   Link #4329
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, this can't be entirely true, since a normal contract requires the consent of the servant as well as of the master, and I very much doubt Saber gave her consent....

Yeah, Rule Breaker doesn't explicitly deal with contracts, it just breaks magic. So, it shouldn't be able to force a contract on a servant. How exactly Caster does do that, though, I'm not sure.
Rule Breaker forcibly breaks contracts. She's the Witch of Treachery after all.
Old 2013-07-03, 10:16   Link #4330
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well that is odd because Caster should not be able to become the Master by force of the Servants she stole then. And you can't just not say anything and still do the ritual, words are important on magic or magecrafth or whatever they call that thing they use that is magic but it isn't.
Old 2013-07-03, 17:44   Link #4331
Cherry_Lover

Yeah, I've never been sure how exactly it works. The description of Rule Breaker certainly doesn't make it sound like it should be able to steal contracts (as opposed to merely breaking them), and when Shirou uses it on Sakura in HF he doesn't become the master of Avenger, but yet Caster clearly does it somehow.
Old 2013-07-04, 00:04   Link #4332
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well I say maybe the Rule Breaker allow her not just to "break" the spells but to rewritte them. That way the already existing spell pass to her instead of breaking it. And Shirou being a half ass mage in any case just use it the thing without thinking.
Old 2014-01-28, 16:23   Link #4333
Nerroth
NePoi!

Fate/hollow ataraxia is heading to the PS Vita in Japan, with a full voice cast. (I'm not sure if F/HA should have its own thread or not.)
Old 2014-01-28, 16:31   Link #4334
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Fate/hollow ataraxia is heading to the PS Vita in Japan, with a full voice cast. (I'm not sure if F/HA should have its own thread or not.)
To bad it is for the PS Vita. It will probably will take a few years before it becomes possible for us western fans to play a translated Fate/hollow ataraxia version with voice acting
Old 2014-01-28, 16:57   Link #4335
GDB

Well, I assume however long it'd take for the HA game as it is to finish being translated, and then maybe another month or two at most for the voices to be applied. And that's only on the assumption that the game releases at the same time as the patch. Odds are, the voices will be ripped and applicable to the patch before the patch is even done, just like Realta Nua was.
Old 2014-01-28, 17:07   Link #4336
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, I assume however long it'd take for the HA game as it is to finish being translated, and then maybe another month or two at most for the voices to be applied. And that's only on the assumption that the game releases at the same time as the patch. Odds are, the voices will be ripped and applicable to the patch before the patch is even done, just like Realta Nua was.
That would be good news if that is going to be the schedule.

I though because translating F/HA is taking a long time and because their isn't yet a PS Vita emulator, possible implying that the Vita and its games are difficult to hack, it was going to also take a long time before a voice patch would be made.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-01-29 at 05:42.
Old 2014-01-28, 19:14   Link #4337
GDB

Ah, hadn't realized Vita hadn't been hacked yet. So I guess it depends on if it's not hackable because they can't get the firmware to work, or if it's the firmware plus not being able to access individual files.
Old 2014-02-01, 16:42   Link #4338
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I wouldn't even expect a voice patch for it. We'll be lucky if the normal translation is ever finished. I know they are close with the text translation but then there is the programming and all that. I hope they finish soon.
Old 2014-05-10, 23:25   Link #4339
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Fate/hollow ataraxia Slated for Vita on November 27
Old 2014-06-01, 13:00   Link #4340
OminousFlare

EXCALIBUR!!!

Somehow, I doubt that that moment of sheer awesomeness could be portrayed as beautifully as it was in the VN. I mean, holy s***, Fate route's epic scale just went up over 9000. I knew beforehand what her Noble Phantasm was, but I was like, "Say it... say it... SAY IT!!!"

Okay, maybe I'm somewhat exaggerating, but damn, that was easily my best experience of the game so far. I'm playing it for the first time and I'm still reading up the Fate route, you see. So many things during that Saber/Rider confrontation went right - the build-up, the pacing, the tension, the action, and of course, the amazing artwork! Did I mention the build-up? It was like a volcanic miasma building up to this climatic explosion. I've been waiting for Saber to reveal her identity for a long time (despite long knowing who she is), and boy, did it pay off.

Looking forward to the rest of the game. :3

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel