AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 11:50   Link #4941
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I cannot see the image since I am at work... did they hand out free stuff @ the garage?

- Tak
You don't have a smart phone? Still using the good ol brick?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:52   Link #4942
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Oh... a T-57...

Bah, obviously they wouldn't hand those out... Even though that'd be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
You don't have a smart phone? Still using the good ol brick?
Internet @ work is restricted in many areas, buddy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:55   Link #4943
Pen3

It is a T54, i am not quite there at tier 10 yet. At least i can get rid of the 175pen T69 lol.
Old 2013-04-10, 11:56   Link #4944
Tak

I guess I will be making a decision on my next Tier 10 after Test 2 is over.

Still struggling over either Leo or T-62A... as it will probably be my last tank unless I free up garage space.

*sigh*

- Tak (Keeping a dozen deadly cars)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-04-10, 11:57   Link #4945
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

you forget to add Kay from Sanders skin

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 12:13   Link #4946
Tak

I will be very happy when there is a skin to remodel the T-62A into a Type 74. That would be an immediate deal-sealer, right there.

- Tak

Old 2013-04-10, 12:23   Link #4947
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Is this game especially difficult to get into for new players? I've been in the mood to try this out lately but the amount of jargon in this thread is pretty intimidating and the new player guide on their website doesn't look all that helpful at first glance. Are there any comprehensive fan-made guides that anyone would specifically recommend?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 12:29   Link #4948
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Is this game especially difficult to get into for new players? I've been in the mood to try this out lately but the amount of jargon in this thread is pretty intimidating and the new player guide on their website doesn't look all that helpful at first glance. Are there any comprehensive fan-made guides that anyone would specifically recommend?
Not difficult for new players.

If you have a question, ask away, and we will do our best to help. It may sound intimidating, but we all started with a Tier 1, when I was still driving a friggin' lawnmower late November of last year.

Do you have an online ID yet?

- Tak

Old 2013-04-10, 12:29   Link #4949
Pen3

Right now i am torn between 50Foch or JTiger and both have been researched for months. FYI i will never get the JE100 since russ bias is all over it.
Old 2013-04-10, 12:32   Link #4950
willx
Nyaaan~~

@RWBladewing - The game has a tutorial now for when you start but the complexity increases significantly over time with very little to guide you. I'd take a look at the WoT wiki for some good tips. There is also an increasing emphasis on statistics and performance.

The community is basically a shithole .. think of it primarily as any player base that plays FPS like CoD or others .. and then make the average age older and more grumpy. It's why there's a psuedo meme about this:

Images
Serious Business
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That all said it's a fun game with tons of work put into it considering it's F2P. There's lots of depth with both broader strategic thinking as well as twitch gamer skills playing a role.
Old 2013-04-10, 12:34   Link #4951
Tak

Thats why you should ask questions here. I never post on the WoT forums and I don't imagine I ever will.

But here... we nice people.

Most of the time...

- Tak

Old 2013-04-10, 13:04   Link #4952
Tak

Quote:
Q (by a player named Mishkas88): "Will there be any changes in German tank properties in 8.5 test 2?" A: "No.
Well, it looks like there will be no changes to the German tanks in 8.5 Test v.2. T-62A it is.

EDIT: He might just be trolling... great...

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2013-04-10 at 14:18.
Old 2013-04-10, 13:52   Link #4953
Pen3

I hate this tank it would be sold off long ago if it wasn't a premium. New garage is bright as hell btw.

Images
Old 2013-04-10, 14:11   Link #4954
Gravitas Free Zone

Ah, the Schmalturm, which I decided not to purchase when I saw its horrid power-to-weight ratio.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 14:58   Link #4955
Tak

For the record

- driver's hatch on IS-7 does not count as external module, but as armor
- it was considered to reduce the scale of shell penetration decay with distance
- M551 Sheridan is "not planned for now"
- PT-76 is not planned until bigger maps allow for amphibious tanks
- the aim spread after moving the gun/turret is not influenced by gun length or gun weight or other hidden parameters, but by gunner skill
- no composite armor will be implemented
- it's not yet decided, whether parts of client physics will be switcheable off, or just the physics as whole - experiments are in progress
- XP is awarded for first enemy module destruction (eg. chaindetracking will give you XP for destroyed tracks only once)
- devs are discussing the idea that old replays could be converted to new format
- upcoming Maus buff is confirmed, but it's not know when will it happen and it will not be significant
- WoWs has the tank drawing distance removed (or rather, it's much longer), but tanks won't have it removed, the parameters of both projects are different
- 8.6 will bring the sound engine overhaul (SS: unknown what it means)
- Leopard 1 might be too high, it will be rechecked
- acceleration is a balance parameter, eg. the acceleration of Leopard 1 doesn't have to be historical
- the +/-25 percent random factor came to be thru experience, in the beginning, it was 50, it won't be reduced to 10
- Leopard 1 might get better accuracy on the move
- new sounds (of shell impact) might come until autumn, but no promises
- dynamic garage tank stats are planned for distant future
- the Leopard 1 Bundeswehr cross is an exception, there won't be post-war insignia for (for example) US and Chinese tanks
- the tank icon indicator on the top of the screen won't get (apart from classes as it is now) also tier designations, it would be too much
- a mechanism is planned for all the "collecting" archievements (medals) to display, what do you have left to do, will come around 0.8.8
- in 0.8.5, only the most obvious objects (fences, walls) were fixed in order not to reduce the speed of a tank too much when running them over (thru them), the rest will be fixed in time

- Tak

Old 2013-04-10, 15:58   Link #4956
Pen3

Not that great of a game, but still Top Gun.

Images
Old 2013-04-10, 15:59   Link #4957
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Not difficult for new players.

If you have a question, ask away, and we will do our best to help. It may sound intimidating, but we all started with a Tier 1, when I was still driving a friggin' lawnmower late November of last year.

Do you have an online ID yet?

- Tak
Not yet, I have plans for tonight so I likely won't be able to get on till tomorrow. I'll let you know when I do though. (Though I am a bit hesitant to accept that social group invite at the moment because I don't yet know if I like the game and in the event that I do, I'm still currently more or less just a random who nobody knows.)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:15   Link #4958
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I'm still currently more or less just a random who nobody knows.)
Eh, we've all been there.

- Tak

Old 2013-04-10, 16:44   Link #4959
Tak

Ah, and now 8.6 will be one where a lot of balancing will be done.

Keep fingers crossed!

- Tak

Old 2013-04-10, 16:47   Link #4960
Pen3

I think i like Dokuro-chan skin on my T54 instead. Check out Master Sgt BALLS! I was really eager to get T54 that i forgot to check the loaders BiA. It was at 99% with only 119xp left to go, but i sold it......

Images

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-10 at 17:19.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks