AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-12, 14:31   Link #181
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Either of those would be somewhat decent conclusions, as long as Makoto isn't happy in the end.

But I do think it has to leave some sort of message, otherwise such a trainwreck will be pretty pointless.
Its seriously hard to see how they can get a message about morales into this...and cmon its not like the viewers cant work out whats wrong and whats right for themselves - but i guess a prelude wont hurt though i dont see much point in that either - maybe we can see kotonoha and sekai piss on makoto's grave one last time before they proceed to smash it over with a rather big hammer?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-12, 16:20   Link #182
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Well, what I'm trying to say is that if we somehow get a good ending out of all this I can't see how it'd be consistent with the buildup and not a cop out. So while I'm not necessarily asking for any deaths, I won't really accept any sort of happy ending at this point.
Old 2007-09-12, 16:26   Link #183
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well they are mashing up some of the endings together throughout the series (The dance between Sekai and Makoto).

So my guess is is that Makoto goes with Kotonoha to that hotel or something or whatever she was blabbing about on the phone and then when she finds out about the pregnancy...I dunno.

But the right choice would be for Makoto to formally break off with Kotonha(At least properly in an understandable way) to be with Sekai because that right now is the right choice.

I mean I seriously do not see a gory ending for this series. I'm not japanese but I don't think the audience would like to see it.
Old 2007-09-12, 16:29   Link #184
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Doesn't need to be gory to be a bad one. However, it does need to be sad, I think.
Old 2007-09-12, 17:48   Link #185
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Does this story need a moral? But I think it would be something along the lines of "Be careful with what you do, or you may end up with something you don't want." Maybe they can show how he truly loves Kotonoha, but is stuck with Sekai because of the child.
Or maybe: Don't act like Makoto, or everyone around you will want to sleep with you and become miserable.

My far-fetched prediction that I don't believe in:

Spoiler for Adding a little bit of Summer Days events:
Old 2007-09-13, 08:05   Link #186
Mandrake

So, judging from episode 11, wich endings are still available?
Old 2007-09-13, 08:23   Link #187
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The ending of Butchered Story ... whatever that might be. Seriously, i have no idea ... the story is twisted to such a degree there really is no way to tell ... i think they have overdid it with trying to keep game players in the dark.

Depending on how Makoto acts the next episode, i can see them pulling "To my Children" in some way. (Sekai stabbing Makoto). This can be pulled off if they want to go for a bad end.

If Makoto decides to get back with Sekai and the two confront Kotonoha about it, i can imagine them pulling the suicide ending.

Up until recently i thought they might pull the "I am the wife. V" ending, but i don't think that is possible any longer. We might get an anime-original end, which might also be appropriate, seeing the direction of the show is all over the place ... geh, the real answer is: There is no way to tell with reliable accuracy where we are heading.
Old 2007-09-13, 08:45   Link #188
kayos
Banned

They may as well mix all the bad ending together and create one f*cked up ending. Some homicide here, some suicide here, and to end it all off with a "I am the wife. V" ending.

Setsuna and Makoto will be the only one to make it out alive... and then they will reminisce about their School Days.
Old 2007-09-13, 13:51   Link #189
NaweG
Just some guy

If we're going to speculate...

Seeing that at the end of 11, Makoto finally gets to see the results of his handiwork with Kotonoha (notice how he keeps begging to be spared this), it is possible (if they want a good, televisable ending) to have this be him getting together with Kotonoha, adopting Sekai's baby, and then finishing 18 years later with Kotonoha preaching to the little boy that this is why he doesn't want to be like the scumbag his father was before he finally picked her.

If they wanted a realistic ending (unlikely after the threesome - which to me took this out of any conceivable touch with reality), they could have Makoto and Kotonoha talk about what has happened, and she decides to do what the other girls did, and push him to do the right thing with Sekai even though it will break her heart. Alternately (again in the somewhat realistic realm) they could have Sekai have a miscarriage, and then no one will spend time with Makoto and we get a flash forward where he's walking down the street, and sees all the girls now in happy relationships while he's still alone and miserable.

Finally, if they want to have a wacky ending they could do "I'm the Wife" only have Setsuna back from France dropping in on Makoto, doing the childhood friend thing, and then Sekai comes in with the vaccination papers and the V sign.

I find it difficult to believe that a series that is being televised, even late at night, is going to go with a bloodbath ending. Seeing that they have been too timid to show any real nudity, I'd be surprised if they went for gore at this point.

My .02 worth (and probably less than that)...
Old 2007-09-13, 14:21   Link #190
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Seriouly lets just have Makoto wake up from his little dream and end the series so we can all get our sanity back. There is NO WAY NO WAY a good ending is possible. Even if they go with 2 of the possible outcomes it would still be shitty. I seriously think the studio just didnt care about the end they figured that fans of the game and the series would watch anyway regardless of what the outcome is. Koto killing her self is a possibilty Sekai stabbing Makoto another possiblity but the way the story has been presented to us makes any ending BLAH!! thats the only way i can describe it at the moment. I would rather have it be a dream sequence he wakes up goes to school and it ends with him on the train standing and Katsura sitting across the way. That would give me hope of a new begining where SD doesnt SUCK.

I feel majority of regular posters here feel that there it is next to impossible to get a decent ending now. Im going to watch the last episode for closure but i wont rewatch the series ever again. I dont know why the studio has done this, does anyone have any theories on what the hell happen? Im sticking to my lets shock the audience with as much drama as possible in a short amount of time.
Old 2007-09-13, 15:11   Link #191
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I dont know why the studio has done this, does anyone have any theories on what the hell happen? Im sticking to my lets shock the audience with as much drama as possible in a short amount of time.
Well, it's not as if it's some sort of accident -- they wrote the story this way on purpose. You could argue that it's probably at least partly representative of the director's impression of the game. You could consider that it may have been what the publishers/producers felt would best sell. Maybe they thought it would be a way to stand out in a crowded market and get people to talk about it? (One could argue that it's not that dissimilar to 0verflow's original marketing strategy for the game, in fact.) It's not really something "the studio" did, as these kinds of decisions happen on the production committee level. So I think the answer is, more or less, because that's the show they wanted to make. Whether it's a good strategy or not will be up to the market to decide (through DVD sales).
Old 2007-09-13, 15:17   Link #192
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Hey, the series sold me for me
I know im ment to hate every part of it but for some reason i just can bring myself to do that - There are 2 types of trainwrecks good or bad.
SD is an awesome series imo and will remain a good trainwreck series for some time ^_^ (well in my books anyway)

I just love to hate the characters (leaving out kokoro chan and kotonoha which in that case i just love to love them )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-13, 15:26   Link #193
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
i have to say, this is one of the best series i have seen this year 'cept kanon, higurashi. I love the drama series. It just lets me no that life can REAAAAALLLLYYYY suck. So, i would buy the dvds, if, by some horribly amazing miracle, it was sold in america. BEWHAH, like that would happen. Oh well, +10 series for me
Old 2007-09-14, 05:35   Link #194
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Does anyone know how long this show will run... Im just anxious to see the ending and get this ridiculous show out of my system. Ive never been so addicted to a show with such a ridiculous premise

Last edited by mcruz1014; 2007-09-14 at 18:30.
Old 2007-09-14, 06:12   Link #195
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Next episode is the last one ... and such questions are more suited for the Question & Answer thread
Old 2007-09-14, 08:59   Link #196
d-one

maybe at the start of the last episode, they will show us the story some years later and what happen to the characters (except some like Makoto) and THE END!!

it will make us thinking what happen with the ending and makes this anime popular (and the studio got a lot of money)

-_-
Old 2007-09-14, 11:07   Link #197
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
I personally believe that School Days anime will be successful. So much so, that they will most likely do the sequel/prequel, and maybe other anime studios will copycat it.

Have to admit it's an original take on the harem genre, almost like it's a parody of the harem genre (Hey, why don't we make a harem show, but instead of the main guy being a nice guy who plays with all the girls - but doesn't ever have sex with them, embarrassed at the slightest touch of a female, then picks one at the end to marry - how about he bangs all the girls just because he can, be the nastiest guy ever, and at the end make them all miserable?)

Also, I wouldn't show any of my non-anime loving friends harem anime (eg. Love Hina), however I would show them School Days ... I'm sure it would make them laugh more than a real harem comedy would
Old 2007-09-15, 00:07   Link #198
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
I personally believe that School Days anime will be successful. So much so, that they will most likely do the sequel/prequel, and maybe other anime studios will copycat it.

Have to admit it's an original take on the harem genre, almost like it's a parody of the harem genre (Hey, why don't we make a harem show, but instead of the main guy being a nice guy who plays with all the girls - but doesn't ever have sex with them, embarrassed at the slightest touch of a female, then picks one at the end to marry - how about he bangs all the girls just because he can, be the nastiest guy ever, and at the end make them all miserable?)

Also, I wouldn't show any of my non-anime loving friends harem anime (eg. Love Hina), however I would show them School Days ... I'm sure it would make them laugh more than a real harem comedy would
How about make Summer Days as its spin-off......
Old 2007-09-15, 01:46   Link #199
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
How about make Summer Days as its spin-off......
But the mess! We add the the twins, Karen, Ai, Oruha, Noan, and the moms and look how many females there are. Plus, Taisuke is not in it leaving Makoto by himself.

They would need more than 12 episodes (maybe 24/26?). If they make a Summer Days anime, I hope they don't School Days us and make Makoto a evil beast.
Old 2007-09-18, 06:08   Link #200
Kristen
*Author

Only a couple hours to go... I can't wait.