AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 09:53   Link #5741
Uvthenfuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampe View Post
don't remember, was some library i needed witch i was unable to get even when following the guide, and it wouldnt allow me to compile whitout it.
Did you use these?
http://onscripter.unclemion.com/
http://onscripter.unclemion.com/rele...ripter-current
Uvthenfuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 10:04   Link #5742
tekutokiari

There should be a binary on the official site. Also, try compiling SDL libraries, if you lack them (as far as I remember it's the standard './configure && make && make install'). You could probably get binaries for them also, but I personally prefer to compile everything myself.
tekutokiari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 10:13   Link #5743
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uvthenfuv View Post
thats one of the sites i tried whit, was around the time of the 20% patch so dont remember exactly how i did it and what pages i tried, but that one was one of them (remember when looking at the page layout)
Vampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 10:19   Link #5744
tekutokiari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampe View Post
thats one of the sites i tried whit, was around the time of the 20% patch so dont remember exactly how i did it and what pages i tried, but that one was one of them (remember when looking at the page layout)
Well, that's Uncle Mion's official site. I suggest you either get the Ubuntu binary and then look for the bins of all the dependencies, or you grab the source with deps included and build it all by hand.
Old 2010-12-19, 10:22   Link #5745
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekutokiari View Post
Well, that's Uncle Mion's official site. I suggest you either get the Ubuntu binary and then look for the bins of all the dependencies, or you grab the source with deps included and build it all by hand.
the ubuntu binarys (atleast the ones one of the guides told me to get, and havent been able to find any other ubuntu binarys) is so old that it wont even install.
Old 2010-12-19, 10:23   Link #5746
tekutokiari

Isn't there a link right there?
» Linux i386, 32-bit Ubuntu built (tar.bz2, 911KB)
Old 2010-12-19, 10:43   Link #5747
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekutokiari View Post
Isn't there a link right there?
» Linux i386, 32-bit Ubuntu built (tar.bz2, 911KB)
tried that one now, it workes a bit, now my only problem to solve is how to use it whit the WH translation :P (evrything is in japanese when i start the game.

EDIT: got it to work by dropping it in WH folder instead of umineko main folder
EDIT2: altough its working, anyone knows how to jump chapters? will take some time to get to the right chapter othervice if i have to go trough it even when fast forwarding :S
Old 2010-12-19, 10:53   Link #5748
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
To jump chapters, you have to play through the Episode once normally. After that, if you start the chapter again, it will offer you the opportunity to warp ahead.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 11:24   Link #5749
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
To jump chapters, you have to play through the Episode once normally. After that, if you start the chapter again, it will offer you the opportunity to warp ahead.
whit other words since i used wine whit windows onscripter first and now is using one for linux, im stuck whit fastforwarding instead :S
Old 2010-12-19, 11:45   Link #5750
Darck

Mac user here. I followed the installer-free instructions and placed the English folder within the game folder. However, when I run Onscripter it states I'm missing music files and I've installed improperly. Last time I did this I copied the music folders into the English folder, but it doesn't work. I've also noticed that since switching hard drives the same applies to my Episode 4 and 6 as well where it did not do so before. How do I fix this problem?
Darck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 12:08   Link #5751
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darck View Post
Mac user here. I followed the installer-free instructions and placed the English folder within the game folder. However, when I run Onscripter it states I'm missing music files and I've installed improperly. Last time I did this I copied the music folders into the English folder, but it doesn't work. I've also noticed that since switching hard drives the same applies to my Episode 4 and 6 as well where it did not do so before. How do I fix this problem?
I'd suggest using the Mac installer instead. The installation instructions for the installer-free patch are for Windows only.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 12:42   Link #5752
Moetrollice

I have a problem that does not allow me to play the episode 7 ē_ē
I installed the game, applied the patch but still show me a black screen after the icon of the WH and 07th.Someone knows how to fix it? ē_ē I have windows seven
Spoiler for Problem:
Moetrollice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 12:51   Link #5753
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moetrollice View Post
I installed the game, applied the patch but still show me a black screen after the icon of the WH and 07th.Someone knows how to fix it? ē_ē I have windows seven
Spoiler for Problem:
I've got Windows 7 64bit and it's working fine.
Screenshot your game and patch folder
catastrophe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 14:04   Link #5754
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
Ah, okay. So I guess I'm almost half-way there, then.

I think I might have found another mistake... although there's a chance that it's not. Anyway, I took a screenie this time...

Spoiler:

EDIT: Yeah, pretty sure it's not a mistake... Maybe I should just be quiet, ha ha.
The name refers to a different servant, one whose name has not appeared in the story yet, but we don't actually know how that name is spelled or even pronounced. So, take Sanon with a grain of salt until we can find the real version from Ryuukishi.

Old 2010-12-19, 14:05   Link #5755
Moetrollice

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
Here:

Spoiler for Files:
Old 2010-12-19, 14:46   Link #5756
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanketsu View Post
First of all, big thanks to Witch Hunt for their work ^^

Anyway, I have one minor problem here. If I drag the window from my Macbook screen to external secondary monitor, pushing Cmd-F will always make the window going full screen on the primary screen, not secondary.

The workaround so far is setting the external monitor to be the primary one, or close the Mac's lid and put it on clamshell mode. However, doing either one of those sometime makes those many other opened windows change position (due to different resolution of the two screens, 1440x900 vs 1920x1080) so I have to close them all if I don't want to "recalibrate" their position & size.. and re-open them after the Umineko session ^^;

So I wonder, is there a more direct way to playing the game full screen on 2nd monitor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
I've forwarded your report to UncleMion, who maintains the ONScripter-En engine. She'll probably reply here soon-ish.
Thanks for letting me know about this. Unfortunately, the issue with fullscreen on multiple monitors is a limitation of the SDL library, so it'd require some major changes to fix it.

However, what you can do is run the game windowed with a larger width: if kanketsu creates (or edits) an "ons.cfg" file in the same directory as the patch (where umineko7.exe lives), and adds the following line to it:
Code:
window-width=1280
Then the game window will be larger if not quite fullscreen, and you can drag it to whichever monitor you choose.

Hope this helps your Umineko experience

Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 15:16   Link #5757
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Spoiler for Problem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
Quote:
Here:

Spoiler for Files:
Hmmm... it seems that the patch exe is not finding the images in the original game folder's arc.nsa. Do any sound effects play during the WH/07th logo or at that black screen? If so, then it somehow thinks the original files are there (since you don't get the "Missing game files" message), but can't open them... very strange.

Windows 7 does some tricky things with files installed into the Program Files folder. Is this a brand-new install, or did you install the 20%/50% patch before, and then reinstall the full patch over it? Or hm, you say you installed & then applied the patch... did you use the Japanese installer and then run the patch installer?

I'm assuming you used the Windows patch installer (as opposed to the installer-free zip); correct me if I'm wrong.

Uncle Mion
Old 2010-12-19, 15:33   Link #5758
Moetrollice

Yes, I hear the sound effects.
Yesterday I downloaded the game for the first time, I installed it and after I applied the installer of the WH, I opened it and this is what happened.
Old 2010-12-19, 16:09   Link #5759
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Yes, I hear the sound effects.
Yesterday I downloaded the game for the first time, I installed it and after I applied the installer of the WH, I opened it and this is what happened.
If you bought the Hobibox EP7 download, the EP7 Windows patch installer will install both the full game and the patch for you. Did you instead get the Hobibox EP7 download and run its installer first, and then run the EP7 Windows patch installer?

If so - and since you don't have any saved games to worry about - I suggest you uninstall the entire game & patch, and then reinstall just by running the Witch-Hunt Windows patch installer. It will ask for the location of your Hobibox EP7 download & install it for you before patching.

Let us know if you have trouble reinstalling and if it works for you afterwards.

Uncle Mion
Old 2010-12-19, 17:02   Link #5760
chronotrig

Some more news. Along with the 100% EP7 patch, Hobibox has opened up downloads from:

Canada, Singapore, Colombia, Germany, Netherlands

Enjoy.

Tags
translation