AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-02-12, 13:27   Link #521
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hmm, you're right. Maybe Shana's loli powers keep the swimsuit suppressed?

Heh, I'm quite looking forward to seeing how Yuji handles the explanation for his condition next episode.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 21:31   Link #522
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
NoSanninWa brought up a good point around Chigusa's.. but i just have that lil' feeling that She knows something major.
100% total speculation and most likely wrong but ....

Spoiler:
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 23:13   Link #523
Lackadaisical

I would agree that there isn't anyway Yuuji's mother couldn't be onto things by now.

Neither Shana nor Alastor see anything about Chigusa that troubles them. Given this it seems more likely that it is Yuuji's father that has given her whatever knowledge she possesses of Flame Hazes and such and not person experience. Whether he is a Tomogara, Flame Haze, or human who got caught up into the battles is of course up in the air. If he doesn't have any importance the author could have had Chigusa be divorced or have Yuuji's father dead without changing anything about the plot.

It strikes me that the event in which Yuuji was turned into a Torch has to have some relevance eventually.

Whether the event's relevance we simply be finding out that the one of the villains was the one who killed the original Yuuji or something more complex remains to be seen.

If Yuuji's father is a Flame Haze it is possible that a Tomogara attacked him and Yuuji was killed in the crossfire. If that happened Yuuji's father might have created the Torch. If Yuuji's father was in possession of the Reijo Maigo he might have placed the Reijo Maigo inside the Torch to ensure the Torch never disappeared.
Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 01:59   Link #524
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

i get a feeling that this series might not have a proper ending, cause there are still 4 or 5 enemies left (up to epi 18), and if the series does end at epi 26, they might just stick in some crap ending like "whatever happens, we'll keep on fighting" stuff like that and leave out those fights
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 04:36   Link #525
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical

It strikes me that the event in which Yuuji was turned into a Torch has to have some relevance eventually.

Whether the event's relevance we simply be finding out that the one of the villains was the one who killed the original Yuuji or something more complex remains to be seen.

If Yuuji's father is a Flame Haze it is possible that a Tomogara attacked him and Yuuji was killed in the crossfire. If that happened Yuuji's father might have created the Torch. If Yuuji's father was in possession of the Reijo Maigo he might have placed the Reijo Maigo inside the Torch to ensure the Torch never disappeared.
This is an interesting thought...But wouldn't that conflict with the belief by most (if not all) of those involved with the Tomogaras that the Reiji Maigo is one that randomly picks it's 'owner'?
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 06:18   Link #526
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
This is an interesting thought...But wouldn't that conflict with the belief by most (if not all) of those involved with the Tomogaras that the Reiji Maigo is one that randomly picks it's 'owner'?
I think all Hougu pick their torches randomly.
Then again, how does a Hougu get into a torch in the first place?
When a Guze no Tomogara creates a Hougu wouldn't he want to use it for himself instead of playing Santa Claus?
"I'm giving away my Hougu to anyone who can find it !"

It was explained in episode 2 that once a torch runs out, the Hougu moves to another one.
But how does a torch with Reiji Maigo burns out?
Ok, I think someone mentioned that something happens to Yuuji in the novels later on, but I still believe that Yuuji is the first torch to have Reiji Maigo, probably directly implanted into him.

Why? and by whom?

As mentioned, Chigusa probably knows more that what it seems.
I was re-watching earlier episodes, there was this part where Shana was fighting alone and Yuuji thought he couldn't be of any help. This was when Chigusa subtlely hinted to Yuuji that Shana needed him.

So many questions ! Hopefully the answers will come to light one day.

Oh, and I love episode 18.
Chigusa in a yukata = win.

Btw I made a sig.
The first person to guess correctly which episode and scene the Yuuji pic in the sig came from, wins his name on the sig. :x
Spoiler:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 06:30   Link #527
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
It's a really nice sig, and I know where it's from, but let's not be selfish and let the people who post here more regularly than me win it.

Anyway, since last episode, things look really interesting. I still don't quite know what role Echizen is going to play. As for the others? I think the Professor was clear at the end. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 2006-02-13, 13:29   Link #528
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I got to say Shana is a suprisingly good series. When i first read description about a regular guy getting rescue by a girl with a big sword. I thought yawn, another formula series with a useless male lead. But Shana has turn out to be a a really good series. Got to thank Omi for his reveiw, if i did see the review at this site i might have compeltely miss this series.
Old 2006-02-13, 15:01   Link #529
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
It was explained in episode 2 that once a torch runs out, the Hougu moves to another one.
But how does a torch with Reiji Maigo burns out?
I'm pretty sure that if you use up all of your Existence Energy before midnight, you flicker out since the Midnight Stray can only recharge you at midnight.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 22:37   Link #530
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I'm getting a sudden vibe that everyone wants Yuji...

-Shana, Kazumi: Romantic interest

-Balle Masque: Reiji Maigo powers

Maybe except for the other Flame Hazes, but then again, they might even want him protected from the Tomogara lest they use his powers to distort the balance even further.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:47   Link #531
meijiOrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Well, the Reiji Maigo could have been found before the mistes died. Just because one person found it doesn't mean that it is generally "found" if only one person knows and not the public. In episode two, Shana followed yuuji around waiting for him to disappear so she could get the hougu. So it is possible for Yuuji's mom or dad (if the theory that they are flame haze true) to get the Reiji Maigo and put it into Yuuji.
meijiOrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 04:24   Link #532
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

OMG, ep18 was absolutely great. I can't believe it was that good. Probably the best episode of the series.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 13:04   Link #533
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by meijiOrO
Well, the Reiji Maigo could have been found before the mistes died. Just because one person found it doesn't mean that it is generally "found" if only one person knows and not the public.
Generally, that sounds quite believable. I suppose this mystery will have to be answered later or in the novels, though...

Quote:
In episode two, Shana followed yuuji around waiting for him to disappear so she could get the hougu.
Hmm...Last I recalled, she stuck close to Yuji so that Friagne wouldn't be able to get his hands on the Reiji Maigo easily, since he has such a precious hougu inside him...

Quote:
So it is possible for Yuuji's mom or dad (if the theory that they are flame haze true) to get the Reiji Maigo and put it into Yuuji.
I would think more of his dad, though. Mystery character which has yet to show up despite having been mentioned...Hmm....
Old 2006-02-14, 21:49   Link #534
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

wow, i just watched ep 18. (ya i know I'm very behind) any who, that was an amazing episode. we finally have all the players meeting each other and discovering who's in on it. i finally get what omni was saying when he said he is looking forward to the next episode. at this point i don't know who to root for. both Shana and kazumi are showing up incredibly cute, i really wouldn't mind either one but i dont see kazumi outtaking the main character.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 07:52   Link #535
WannaberGS

My favourite episode is still #4. Pantsy snapshot from below!
WannaberGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 09:21   Link #536
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaberGS
My favourite episode is still #4. Pantsy snapshot from below!
Yick, don't be a pervert-she's freakin 11 years old! XP (physically at least).
Old 2006-02-15, 13:03   Link #537
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

futaba channel has now released the pics for episode nineteen, promising action and drama in their respective departments.
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2290388.htm

Spoiler:

I'm trying to gasp some air. This episode definitely will rock.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 13:45   Link #538
WannaberGS

-_- i hate that happy smile on yoshidas face on those screencaps

DIE PLX
WannaberGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 13:47   Link #539
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-15, 15:10   Link #540
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere