AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-20, 09:51   Link #1221
wa-totem
3v!L Overlord

Positions: Japanese to English Translator
Group: AnimeYuki
Group attitude: Quality >>> Speed
Upcoming Project: Moonlight Mile
IRC Channel: #AnimeYuki@irc.rizon.com
IRC Contact(s): Kawasumi_Mai, Tohsaka_Rin, Nagato_Yuki, Minase_Nayuki, Sonozaki_Mion, wa-totem, mirrim, zerox20

Looking for someone to make first TL passes on episodes of this show. While SF fan with some understanding of techie jargon would have it easier, the team has editors with rudimentary knowledge of japanese and a truckload of technology fan-girls/-boys, so we CAN and WILL cleanup if needed.
Warning: show contains some adult material (non-explicit, it's not a hentai).
All other tasks covered, but all contributions welcome.

Joint offers are OK, too.
Old 2007-03-20, 11:15   Link #1222
Hideki-Motosuwa
Anime Toshokan Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Hideki-Motosuwa Send a message via Yahoo to Hideki-Motosuwa
Group: Anime-Toshokan Fansubs
IRC: #anime-toshokan@irc.rizon.net
Positions: Translator (Jp -> Eng) (Most Needed Position) (All other positions are filled but are welcomed)
Projects: THE IDOLM@STER Xenoglossia (Besides these, any other the translator(s) wishes to do is fine)
Contact: (on IRC) Hideki-Motosuwa, Xat, Subaru-Mikage (Website) Hideki-Motosuwa
E-mail: hideki@animetoshokan.org
AIM: hidekimotosuwax

You'll mostly be able to contact me on IRC since Im in the channel almost 24/7. We are able to start at any time as soon as we get a translator.

Last edited by Hideki-Motosuwa; 2007-04-05 at 01:30.
Old 2007-03-20, 14:23   Link #1223
Dragon001
Timer
*Fansubber

Positions: Translator (Jp to Eng), Translation Checkers, and all other positions, H264 and Xvid encoders (must be able to work with filters, and avs)

Group: #Mushroom Fansubs
Future projects (hopfully) : Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha also Please check channel for others, we're willing to work with a TL on a different project
IRC channel: #Mushroom @irc.rizon.net

i've worked with groups before, so i thought I'd start my own, at the very least it will be fun, we will be aiming for quality not speed.

please join #Mushroom Fansubs @ irc.rizon.net and msg Dragon001 (me) or GacekSSJ4

Last edited by Dragon001; 2007-03-22 at 22:08.
Old 2007-03-20, 23:09   Link #1224
Harukalover
In exile

Advertisement no longer valid...

Last edited by Harukalover; 2007-03-30 at 14:57.
Old 2007-03-21, 01:54   Link #1225
protomanV89

Send a message via MSN to protomanV89
Last Call

Position needed : Translator(japanese-->english), Distro(BT)
Project : Anything that the Translator pick (We wish that TL can pick Idolmaster Xenoglossia or Rockman)
Future project : Devil May Cry
Irc : #Axess-Fansubs @ irc.rizon.net

We are a new fansubs, we are looking for people who can translate any anime that the translator pick. We wish that we can start our fansubbing soon. So please, if anybody is intrested, please contact any of us in irc/web or email/pm me. Thank you.,your support will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by protomanV89; 2007-03-24 at 04:29. Reason: Add in
Old 2007-03-21, 02:24   Link #1226
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Group: Arienai Fansubs
IRC: #Arienai@irc.ChatSpike.net
Positions: Temporary Translation Checker
Project: Hataraki Man (episodes 9-11 only)

Our translation checker is busy for the forseeable future and I really want to finish the last three episodes of this show. We have scripts for all 3 episodes, and only need a NATIVE SPEAKER or equivalent to carefully check them over. This show is not easy to translate, so only respond if you are an experienced translator (or native speaker). I'd say my scripts have 10-20 lines which need scrutinizing, so you won't be starting from crap.

No commitment other than these 3 episodes. Please help us finish this very unique anime.

Familiarity with the show a big plus but not necessary.

Please contact me through the forum or through IRC or AIM or MSN or by phone or by coming up to me at a coffee shop and introducing yourself. Although if you do the latter I might think you're a stalker.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-21, 04:24   Link #1227
Copycat

No longer needed. Delete, please.

Last edited by Copycat; 2007-04-07 at 04:42.
Old 2007-03-21, 12:49   Link #1228
driftr

Position(s): Editor - QC
Group: AnimeForever-Fansubs
Project(s): Sweet Valerian and others maybe?
IRC Channel: #animeforever @ irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: driftr / [p]ako
E-Mail: animeforeverfansubs@hotmail.com

Recruiting experienced/knowledgeable members. Yup we've pretty much come to a hault but some things can get moving with a good person or two to help.
Old 2007-03-22, 07:38   Link #1229
cyth
Banned

El Cazador, IDOLM@STER: Xenoglossia timer

I'm hoping a group can recruit me as a timer for the upcoming april series El Cazador (especially) or IDOLM@STER: Xenoglossia.

My timing preferences are to add lead-in (150 ms) and lead-out times (350 ms) to every line of dialogue, I join adjacent lines that are 500 ms or less apart, I scene time, both cutting and extending start and end times to match scene changes (keyframe or scene change threshold based). I QC my timing as I go over scene timing. I usually finish in an hour and a half (+/- ~30 minutes). If you'd like a video of me timing, I can link you to it, lolz.

I have positive fansubbing experience from working with numerous groups (Froth-Bite, Kaizoku-Fansubs, AnimeForever, Wizzu, IY4Ever, Anime-Keep, AnimeYuki, Melody-Fansubs, WIND) and a few smaller projects (minus a few hosers), so I'm highly adaptable to working with different people and on different projects. I don't like to slowsub (as in, I do my part in the same day, then someone else drags it for a week or so); I like faster, possibly well organized teams.
The group I'm currently in (F-B) has shown no interest in these two projects, but I'd like to work on one of them, especially on El Cazador.

If you have any need for an experienced timer and you are planning a project on one of these shows already with a translator in mind, PM me on this forum. Thank you.
Old 2007-03-22, 15:23   Link #1230
Tatsuhiro Satou
Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Tatsuhiro Satou Send a message via MSN to Tatsuhiro Satou
Arrow Looking for QC'ers!

Group: Megami
Position: QC'ers
Projects: Getsumen To Heika Miina, Sumomo (Yes, It's not dropped)
Contact: PM me here go to #megami-recruits@irc.rizon.net and msg "Ai"
IRC: #megami-anime@irc.rizon.net

we need qc'ers for those two projects, if anyone who wants to help qc'ing the show for us, please contact me "Ai" on our channel, thank you.
Old 2007-03-24, 04:52   Link #1231
livs20

Group: Nana-Fans
Position: editor, typsetter, Quality Checker, karaoker(timing & styling)
Project: Nana
IRC: #Nana-fans@irc.rizon.net

Yeah, i found a translator now i still need someone to do typsetting if anyone is intrested contact me on Rizon thanks! Spinal

Last edited by livs20; 2007-04-04 at 16:18. Reason: found a TL !
Old 2007-03-24, 05:47   Link #1232
Fazeshot
GAINAXヲタ

No Longer seeking Work

Last edited by Fazeshot; 2007-03-25 at 23:11.
Old 2007-03-25, 10:54   Link #1233
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Sometimes I feel like a spammer in this thread.

Group: Formula Sub
Position/s: TL for upcoming spring project (Polyphonica? Wangan Midnight? at this point we're open to suggestions), timer for spring/secret project, typesetter for Reborn!
Project: Spring project is undetermined and up to translator, Hitman Reborn! (w/ Shinsen), 1 other which will be disclosed to new members
Contact: PM me here, or on IRC get a hold of Merines or martino, or email the.merines@gmail.com
Channel: FormulaSub@irc.rizon.net
Web: http://www.formulasub.com

It'd be so very nice to have a TL for a new project rather than leaning on other groups in joints. The TL would not be tied down to the group after the series is done. We've had a couple releases now, so people might know that we aim for high quality. There's a WHOLE lot of good-looking anime coming out this spring, and we'd love to work on something that isn't going to be oversubbed.

Joints are great as well, just keep in mind that we have all positions besides TL filled.
Old 2007-03-25, 23:02   Link #1234
Fazeshot
GAINAXヲタ

Position(s): Translators (JP< ENG) , QCers , Editors, Raw Providers, Encoders, Typesetters, Karaoke Timers, Distros, Webmaster
Group: Jigoku-Fansubs
Project(s): Claymore
IRC Channel: #Jigoku-Fansubs @ irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Faze , Haku
E-Mail: Momosuotaku@gmail.com

We are a new group with some experience in the field of Fansubbing we hope to offer make this sub group a relaxed environment for all involved while I would like to have things done on time. I will not be one to be a hardass about deadlines but I would prefer to work as fast as possible. Currently the group is just forming so I'm just Working out the kinks so pop into our channel and PM Faze or Haku in the channel. Right now we are considered fansubbing Claymore but once I have an entire group formed we will make the final decision

Thanks for reading my help wanted post!

Last edited by Fazeshot; 2007-03-27 at 04:45.
Old 2007-03-26, 13:27   Link #1235
el
Slave to the D:

gg are looking for Quality Checkers.

Group: gg
IRC: #gg@irc.rizon.net
Position: Quality Checkers

We at gg are looking for some Quality Checkers to look over our subs before we release them.

Please pop into #gg-recruit on irc.rizon.net to apply.
Old 2007-03-26, 19:07   Link #1236
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Zomg Filled!

Last edited by False Dawn; 2007-03-29 at 10:01.
Old 2007-03-29, 07:02   Link #1237
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Group: SD Project
Position: Translators, Timers
IRC: #sd@irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Soulfang; 2007-04-04 at 07:16. Reason: Updated
Old 2007-03-30, 03:15   Link #1238
ShocWave

Post Removed.

Last edited by ShocWave; 2009-10-14 at 18:36.
Old 2007-03-31, 06:14   Link #1239
Arthuro
Gespenst Jaeger

Group: Anime-Jiyuu
Position(s): Translator(JP -> EN)
Project(s): Moonlight Mile, Darker than Black, Skullman
(Depends on what translator is willing to do)
IRC Channel: #anime-jiyuu @ irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Arthuro, NeoPhoenix, or any other @

Contacting us via IRC would be nice but it's not necessary. You can also PM me on the forums here.

EDIT: Removed Moribito from the list.

Last edited by Arthuro; 2007-03-31 at 15:25.
Old 2007-03-31, 06:49   Link #1240
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
Group: A2000A (After 2000 Anime)
Position: Translator, Translation Checker
Project: Tales of Symphonia
IRC: #a2000a@irc.chatspike.net
E-mail: R.Hossain@students.uu.nl
Contact: Speak with Blues on IRC or use aforementioned email addy.

Short description: A translator who knows the language, is dependable in delivering scripts and communicating, won't go MIA and most importantly is motivated.

Description:
Judging by the game and the trailers, this will be a great OVA. We have an enthusiastic crew and a good translator available for the project, but are currently looking for a second translator (to help out by providing 2nd opinions in tough spots and possibly alternate TL and TL-check duties) for this series which will be starting in June. Our requirements are simple:

- Sufficient confidence in your grasp of the Japanese language. (English)
- Time/Dedication to translate(check) supplied raws fairly quickly, the airing schedule for this series is very relaxed indeed, so there is no continuous pressure but we'd like you to be present at those moments it counts i.e. around the airing dates.
- Willingness to communicate with our editors on IRC.
- Motivation/enthusiasm for this project. People who enjoy what they are doing will deliver good work. It is our intention to deliver quality, liking the series (or otherwise being VERY motivated by an external factor) is essential to ensuring said quality is upheld.
- Familiarity with the game would be nice though by no means required. This is a project-specific TL-request in hopes of finding a translator who totally loves Tales of Symphonia. We expect you to finish the project, but there will be no expectation/pressure for you to stick around with the group for anything else. All the fun, but none of the hassle and responsibility, kinda like a one-night-stand. ;-)

P.S. Karaoke Stylers/Scripters interested in joining our group (permanently or just for this series) are very welcome too.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator