AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-25, 23:47   Link #1
iPromise
Promises & Threats

Cool Super Power(Action)/Romance Anime

I'm looking for an anime which has super power action and romance. I prefer if the anime actually has developed romance between the characters and action with intense fights, or atleast action packed fights.
To be honest, I'm looking for something like Tokyo Underground, a mixture of powers and swordplay as well as romance. I don't know why, but I find those exceptionally fun to watch, it'd be great if the anime suggested also had a English dubbed verison as well, just to add variation since I've been watching mostly subs lately and well I've been looking for a great superpower/swordplay/action/romance anime and all of the ones I've got to see were subbed only. Yes, I do categorize "Magic" as super power to an extent. For instance, if a said character was able to magically "Summon" weapons to use like in 11eyes it would fit here. Anyway, I know I'm picky and I apologize. But thanks for the suggestions in advance! I really can't wait to see if someone can actually suggest something in the above category that I haven't seen as long as theres romance, and some sort of Super Power/Swordplay I'll be satisfied. Thanks!

Some anime I've seen which I would classify as this type would be:

Kaze No Stigma
Inuyasha
Bosou Renkin
Elemental Gelade
Tokyo Underground
Omamori Himari
Shakugan no Shana
Xam'd
Yu Yu Hakasho
Flame of Recca

Please don't suggest:
D-grayman
D.N Angel
Chrno Crusade
I don't categorize thess as "Super Power" I've asked this question on other sites and I always get those same suggestions.
Old 2010-10-26, 00:01   Link #2
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - Definite fit for your suggestion
Van Dread both seasons - I guess it can be called super powered..but super powered mechs I guess
Kampfer - It's more of a romance/talking rather than super power but it's there (though it doesn't have moments like Kamehameha wave)
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica both seasons - there isn't romance, maybe none at all, but there are hints at it or at least the "caring" part but the super power stuff is pretty cool
Shounen Onmyouji - Awesome "super power" anime IMO, one of my personal top and it has a small cute princess love story to it added onto the main plot.

Actually, most of the ones I listed have no signature move (like Kamehameha wave), but the "super power" is there. Though I could have interpreted your meaning of "super power" entirely wrong and wanting more of something like a signature move like Kamehameha. A lot of the anime I listed are more like Omamori Himari.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2010-10-26, 01:14   Link #3
iPromise
Promises & Threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - Definite fit for your suggestion
Van Dread both seasons - I guess it can be called super powered..but super powered mechs I guess
Kampfer - It's more of a romance/talking rather than super power but it's there (though it doesn't have moments like Kamehameha wave)
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica both seasons - there isn't romance, maybe none at all, but there are hints at it or at least the "caring" part but the super power stuff is pretty cool
Shounen Onmyouji - Awesome "super power" anime IMO, one of my personal top and it has a small cute princess love story to it added onto the main plot.

Actually, most of the ones I listed have no signature move (like Kamehameha wave), but the "super power" is there. Though I could have interpreted your meaning of "super power" entirely wrong and wanting more of something like a signature move like Kamehameha. A lot of the anime I listed are more like Omamori Himari.
They don't need signature moves, but I've seen Vandread, Kampfer, and Ichiban Ushiru no Daimaou. I've heard of Polyphonica but I heard there was no romance at all, so I never bothered with it. About Onmyouji, is romance actually defined in the anime between main characters? or is the romance minimal, and have nothing to do with the lead characters?
Old 2010-10-26, 01:52   Link #4
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Poly has none whatsoever really, I wish. As for Onmyouji, not defined as "I love you" more like a "I will protect you" and just blushing. The princess isn't a main character either, more like a sub character but does take up part of the anime.

Oh, then you better watch Full Metal Panic, not super power but action packed and the romance is there, just wish it was more intimate.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2010-10-26, 02:34   Link #5
iPromise
Promises & Threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Poly has none whatsoever really, I wish. As for Onmyouji, not defined as "I love you" more like a "I will protect you" and just blushing. The princess isn't a main character either, more like a sub character but does take up part of the anime.

Oh, then you better watch Full Metal Panic, not super power but action packed and the romance is there, just wish it was more intimate.
Ahhh, okay then. And I have watched FMP. Honestly, I hated it. I hated Chidori.
Old 2010-10-26, 17:42   Link #6
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Darker than Black - I am not implying Hei is a pedophile but...
Old 2010-10-26, 18:15   Link #7
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPromise View Post
Honestly, I hated it. I hated Chidori.
Dear GOD!

I'm seconding Darker than Black.

I think you may like Kaze no Stigma. The superpower is definitely there, as is the action. I found the romance to be quite sweet too.
Old 2010-10-26, 21:36   Link #8
iPromise
Promises & Threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Dear GOD!

I'm seconding Darker than Black.

I think you may like Kaze no Stigma. The superpower is definitely there, as is the action. I found the romance to be quite sweet too.
Kaze No Stigma is already on my list!

Last edited by iPromise; 2010-10-26 at 22:02.
Old 2010-10-27, 05:05   Link #9
JRendell
Manga Addict

That it is. Darker than Black then?
Old 2010-10-27, 18:43   Link #10
MamoruUsagi

Sailor Moon Read the manga. Usagi and Mamoru, the main couple are boyfriend and girlfriend, dating and in a deep relationship. They get married, have a child, meet their future child, become king and queen. They are reincarnated lovers and have an eternal, epic romance.

Fushigi Yuugi Read the manga. Miaka and Tamahome are boyfriend and girlfriend, engaged, deeply in love, get engaged twice and have a deep relationship. The manga is much better than the anime. Fushigi Yugi manga is excellent.

Ayashi no Ceres The Ceres Celestial Legend manga is amazing, Aya and Tooya are having sex, dating and in a passioante sexual relationship. The main couple makeout in hotel rooms, have sex, have a child, the manga is way better and logner than the anime.

Black Bird Roamcne manga.

Read the manga of these series, much more kissing,s ex, dating, romance, longer, deep plots.
Old 2010-10-27, 19:12   Link #11
Kagayaki

How about Fate/Stay Night? It has magic, swordplay, and romance. Some of the characters' physical abilities would definitely qualify as superpowers too. I dont' really ever watch dubs, but I think it has one IIRC. (For H-scenes, the VN has those, but they've been cut out in the anime.)
Old 2010-10-28, 01:28   Link #12
iPromise
Promises & Threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
How about Fate/Stay Night? It has magic, swordplay, and romance. Some of the characters' physical abilities would definitely qualify as superpowers too. I dont' really ever watch dubs, but I think it has one IIRC. (For H-scenes, the VN has those, but they've been cut out in the anime.)
Already watched it, sorry!
Old 2010-10-28, 02:32   Link #13
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kara no Kyoukai has action, romance and magic but no swordplay until the 5th film (the main character usually uses a knife instead).
Old 2010-10-28, 18:13   Link #14
MamoruUsagi

Ceres Celestial Legend manga has lots of sex, action, fighting, kissing,making out in hotel rooms, pregnancy, blood, death, dating, emotions. The manga is so much better than the anime, the couple has lots of scenes making out in hotel rooms and a much deeper relationship in the manga. Lots of romance and action.
Old 2010-10-28, 19:15   Link #15
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Kurokami
Romance is slow to develop, but eventually picks up. Think of it as a slightly less-blatant Shakugan no Shana romantic progression.
There's super powers, but nothing particularly over-the-top.
Old 2011-04-22, 17:27   Link #16
taichi3

Huntik
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
Rosario + vampire
Tsubasa chronicles
Utawarerumono
Zero no tsukaima

hopefully those will let you have a fun time watching
Old 2011-04-23, 09:11   Link #17
kitten320

Baccano, not really super powers but part of the cast are immortal and one is super athletic to the point that it looks unbelievable. Romance mostly develops is 3 specials but begining is established in actual series.

Code Geass, not super powers but mecha. But still nice action and some romance in between.

Elfen Lied, dark and bloody series. Special type of humans have extra invisible arms which can tear you apart. Romance included.

Does FMA: Brotherhood count?

Mai HiME would be a great choice. Kinda similar to Fate/Stay Night only that relations play far bigger role here. Series have several couplings with some nice action. At first series are more comedy based and later more dramatic.

Romeo+Juliet, no super powers but their world still is not completly normal. Obviously bunch of romance.

Rosario + Vampire

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles super powers are discovered later in the series, romance is developed.

Tags
action, anime, romance, superpower, swordplay