AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-03, 13:47   Link #1
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Eden Eternal - F2P MMO

Well, I just got a CB invite to a new mmo called Eden Eternal, I haven't played yet but from looking at the website, this is what I've gathered:

Gameplay Wise, it's your standard point and click.

Things I found interesting:
  • Characters are completely customizable. Meaning you put in points into both skill and stat points.
  • You can build your own town, this I found very interesting.
  • Class system is quite unique. You pick a path, and within that path you unlock classes as you level up your base level and class level. And you can switch between classes as you see fit. For example, as a Melee DPS, you can switch between Thief, Martial Artist and Blade Dancer as you see fit for the situation.

I'll give more insight when I play it for a bit. But here's the website incase you're interested in more indepth information:

http://edeneternal.aeriagames.com/
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:52   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Is it out already? I can't see the site on my phone
Old 2011-06-03, 13:53   Link #3
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah, I think this is day 1 of the CB testing. I'm gonna try my best to lock in names ASAP lol

Edit:
Ok, Got to play some, and some corrections and additional info...

Armor does not change appearances in this game. You unlock different outfits for each class as you level up the class.

You can be any class at any time given that you unlock it. So you can switch to a melee, range or magic type at any given time. So you basically only need one character.

Also, you don't add stat points, it was my mistake assuming so.

Last edited by HayashiTakara; 2011-06-03 at 15:40.
Old 2011-06-03, 23:40   Link #4
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

This game is still in closed beta right?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 00:10   Link #5
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So far in the download page its say the Closed Beta has begun which started on June 2nd. But players are saying its in Open Beta (which I can assume its in Open Beta for different countries?)

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-06-04 at 00:49.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 11:11   Link #6
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
This game is still in closed beta right?
Closed Beta just started... The GM made an announcement ingame that there's no definitive date as to when Close Beta will end. Another thing, the lag can be horrendous at peak hours. I've died a couple times because of it. You would freeze for like 10-30 seconds at a time, sometimes even a minute.
Old 2011-06-04, 18:04   Link #7
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^I've never had that. Get better computer D: (or connection). As for the game.. I only got to level 15 I think, haven't had much time to play. It seems your typical clicking mmo but I guess it might prove to be some fun since the classes work like they do.

To anyone who is playing and doesn't know ; There are special prizes if you reach certain levels in CB that will be then given to you during OB. See below.

Lastly, what puzzles me is that there definitely will be a character wipe, so why is the Item Mall already operating and you aren't given AP to use there (to test out the game..) but you must buy and use your own AP? Talk about waste of money since there will be chara wipe.

Title: Revered Guardian (+4 to all stats)
Requirements: Reach level 15

Title: Warden of Destiny (+5 to all stats)
Requirements: Reach level 30

Item - Costume Hat: Unmistakable Tophat (CB)
Requirements: Reach level 40

Title: Prophecy Manifest (+6 to all stats)
Requirements: Reach level 40 and 3,500 Class Score (Wth is Class Score?)

Item - Exclusive Pet: Abracapaca
Requirements: Reach level 40, period - character and all classes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So far in the download page its say the Closed Beta has begun which started on June 2nd. But players are saying its in Open Beta (which I can assume its in Open Beta for different countries?)
There's only 1 server, in Europe. In CB characters are wiped, in OB characters are kept. How do you suppose it would work if certain people in game were playing OB with the people who are playing CB? It would mean only part of the players would be terminated when rest of them move to OB. Yeah no, it's CB for everyone alright.
Old 2011-06-04, 21:35   Link #8
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^I've never had that. Get better computer D: (or connection). As for the game.. I only got to level 15 I think, haven't had much time to play. It seems your typical clicking mmo but I guess it might prove to be some fun since the classes work like they do.

To anyone who is playing and doesn't know ; There are special prizes if you reach certain levels in CB that will be then given to you during OB. See below.

Lastly, what puzzles me is that there definitely will be a character wipe, so why is the Item Mall already operating and you aren't given AP to use there (to test out the game..) but you must buy and use your own AP? Talk about waste of money since there will be chara wipe.

Title: Revered Guardian (+4 to all stats)
Requirements: Reach level 15

Title: Warden of Destiny (+5 to all stats)
Requirements: Reach level 30

Item - Costume Hat: Unmistakable Tophat (CB)
Requirements: Reach level 40

Title: Prophecy Manifest (+6 to all stats)
Requirements: Reach level 40 and 3,500 Class Score (Wth is Class Score?)

Item - Exclusive Pet: Abracapaca
Requirements: Reach level 40, period - character and all classes!

There's only 1 server, in Europe. In CB characters are wiped, in OB characters are kept. How do you suppose it would work if certain people in game were playing OB with the people who are playing CB? It would mean only part of the players would be terminated when rest of them move to OB. Yeah no, it's CB for everyone alright.
Its gotten a lot better since yesterday's server reboot, but it was horrendous, everyone was yelling "LAAAAAGGGG" on world chat.
Old 2011-06-04, 21:51   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i watched the trailers.. its just not for me
Old 2011-06-04, 22:29   Link #10
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Even though it was closed beta, I was able to register and play a day after it open, and my friends as well. I guess they're calling it a CB without it really being closed.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 22:53   Link #11
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Thats what I found strange as well. I'm used to Closed Betas actually inviting people without being so openly about it. But its fine either way, though it does make Open Beta start like a #2 Closed Beta in this term.
Old 2011-06-05, 02:12   Link #12
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This... holy shit this thing's actually pretty fun... it looks great, easy to play, the players aren't assholes and it's well free. Of course it doesn't hold a candle to P2P games like WoW, but as someone who tries out a lof ot F2P MMOs from CB alone this is one of the better F2Ps I've played in years.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 03:45   Link #13
Xion Valkyrie

You know, you'd think one of the F2P MMOs would try a sandbox approach. This really looks like every other F2P cel-shaded anime MMOs out there.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 12:15   Link #14
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

After playing for a couple days, I've come to the conclusion that this is basically Grand Fantasia 2.

I'll continue to play for minor distractions, but dunno how long I'll stick to it. Dragon Nest will probably make me abandon it though.
Old 2011-06-05, 12:25   Link #15
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Played it for a while and it’s pretty horrible. It has nice/decent character designs (for players and monsters at least) but everything else is just fail. I don’t understand why companies just churn out this nonsense over and over. I also don't understand why it's hard to put at least good mechanics in a game like this.

Concerning the multi-class thing, domo did it better. And domo also had cross class abilities and the best classic team function archtype (tank, aoe-dps, elemental aoe-dps, puller, hp-healer+buffer, mp-healer+buffer, debuffer) not to mention the entire grind in the game was team oriented. It also had better environments, and at least a semi-interesting story, and so on. And Domo is really really old game (2005), yet this is suppose to be new. WTF.
Old 2011-06-05, 16:54   Link #16
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Played it for a while and it’s pretty horrible. It has nice/decent character designs (for players and monsters at least) but everything else is just fail. I don’t understand why companies just churn out this nonsense over and over. I also don't understand why it's hard to put at least good mechanics in a game like this.

Concerning the multi-class thing, domo did it better. And domo also had cross class abilities and the best classic team function archtype (tank, aoe-dps, elemental aoe-dps, puller, hp-healer+buffer, mp-healer+buffer, debuffer) not to mention the entire grind in the game was team oriented. It also had better environments, and at least a semi-interesting story, and so on. And Domo is really really old game (2005), yet this is suppose to be new. WTF.
Because it's easy to copy superficial things (graphics, art, classes), but it's very hard to get the game mechanics right. Considering how fast these are being churned out I doubt very much though it put into making the game mechanics work.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 19:42   Link #17
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

If you can’t make it better, copy the shit out of a good thing and make a few adjustments that have probably been floating in the community for a while. Just look at the WoW clones. Of course don’t copy WoW, just copy anything good!

Also I think these games are just flawed at the fundamental level. When I go into a MMO I expect JUST one of these to happen for me to be happy: kick ass boss fights, some kind of community/guild driven gimmick, challenging enjoyable grindfest with friends (you want OP 2nd job? learn to grind to 80 bitch!), grind laddering (ie. max level is close to impossible so you can compete to being the biggest badass on the server), some sort of character oriented esthetics (meaning costumes, or just action fighting arcade style), or (last but not least) some really cool endgame; usually meaning PVP but give me some cool item hoarding and I don’t care.

I’m then looking at games like this and I just don’t get what they were thinking. What do they expect out of me? to just press 1 button all game? And seriously I rolled mage and the first skills they give me was a fireball and a passive crit rate.
Old 2011-06-05, 19:43   Link #18
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Because it's easy to copy superficial things (graphics, art, classes), but it's very hard to get the game mechanics right. Considering how fast these are being churned out I doubt very much though it put into making the game mechanics work.
They want to save themselves the trouble, but still find a way to keep people entertained possibly?
Old 2011-06-06, 00:46   Link #19
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Despite being a tight fisted, money mongering company, Nexon pretty much has the best F2P games. They're unique and some are top quality even better than most P2P games. I.E. Vindictus and Dragon Nest.

Although due to quality, content is slow and get boring fast if you hardcore play everyday and burn through content within a few days.
Old 2011-06-14, 02:29   Link #20
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
It's not Nexon however, who makes the games. They just pick the gems from all the f2p games released. The problem is, that they seem to also pick the games which they can abuse the shop system most with. Want an exclusive pet? Oh here you go, buy this box that costs $10 to get a 5% chance to get your pet.. I'm afraid DN will turn into Atlantica where you will just not be able to do pvp, or anything else for that matter, because the economy and everything else is fucked up due the cash system taking more place in the game than it should.

Can you seriously say a game is top quality, and enjoyable, if Nexon ruins it so that you can't literally buy any equipment for yourself until you're 60+ so that you can make slight money with drops from boss monsters.