AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-07-07, 06:09   Link #2981
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
I fing Kirishima strenghtening his quirk to that level in a year as possible as Midoriya's result from his training in the beach.
the difference is that deku never trained before,
he was a average boy and than trained 10 months superhard,

kirishima is shown to train his brains out but he seems to progress really reallllly slowly, but somehow in 10 months his powers get a hugh leap and he is able to become the person we saw at the beginning :/

it would be equal to deku getting OFA with 4 and training and training but only reached 6% or so and than in just 10 months he suddenly appears with 15% or so :/
Quote:
It all come down to how he did it and that's something we haven't seen yet.
thats true but except for cheating (taking drugs or so) or plot-helping-him i cant imagine how he could have gotten stronger
Quote:
i mean does anyone remember the winged Noumu?
he mentioned it in a extra talk panel or so, he will talk about this noumu and such things later at some point..
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 07:00   Link #2982
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm probably the only one here who's hoping to see some extra development from Mineta, lol.
What kind of development or past you want to see from Mineta?

Quote:
His past is probably like:

Want a girl?
Are you handsome? No.
Are you rich? Not really
Are you tall and charismatic? Hardly.
Good in academics or something? I like to play my ball.
Ok, In that case, we will pick money route.
What is the best way to earn money in today society?
Being hero.
Yes, and being hero may also score you a girl if you somehow managed to save them in right time.
Good enough for me.
Let's enroll to Yuuei now.
Bribe the judges to get into it no matter what.
That is what and how the conversation happened between Mineta and his counseling teacher in the past.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 11:12   Link #2983
Slayerx

Kinda of an awkward place for the flashback... feels like this flashback should have came after Kirishima was knocked to the side, and before he jumped out to take the hit for Fatgum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
the difference is that deku never trained before,
he was a average boy and than trained 10 months superhard,

kirishima is shown to train his brains out but he seems to progress really reallllly slowly, but somehow in 10 months his powers get a hugh leap and he is able to become the person we saw at the beginning :/

it would be equal to deku getting OFA with 4 and training and training but only reached 6% or so and than in just 10 months he suddenly appears with 15% or so :/
Well you have to account for what KIND of training he's been doing. Ya he does a lot of muscle training, but strengthening his muscles won't do anything for his hardening. To strengthening quirk would require something other than conventional exercise. Granted we don't really know how that works... i mean, if his quirk just requires him to use it more then that's what he needs to do for his training, but its even possible that his force of will could play a role in how hard he can make himself, and that would actually play into his self-esteem issues; the less he thinks of himself the weaker his hardening, thus getting out of this negative thought pattern would effectively give him a power boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
ashido being in the chapter felt strange, mangaka should have at least given a hint or so that they know each other in the past...anyway, the place where the flashback was put also was strange, would have wished it was after the battle... other than that, good chapter, wonder what managed to change kirishima that much
I agree. I mean the mangaka wouldn't need to say it directly, but it would have been nice if we atleast saw the two of them hanging out a lot just to show that they are a bit closer than others because of that past relation. Could even be like seeing them go back and forth from school to how that they live in the same area. Kinda of how we were not directly told that Momo comes from a rich family, but we ended up seeing little bits here and there that showed she was rich. Its one of those little touches i would have appreciated.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2017-07-07 at 11:34.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 16:26   Link #2984
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Kinda of an awkward place for the flashback... feels like this flashback should have came after Kirishima was knocked to the side, and before he jumped out to take the hit for Fatgum.

Well you have to account for what KIND of training he's been doing. Ya he does a lot of muscle training, but strengthening his muscles won't do anything for his hardening. To strengthening quirk would require something other than conventional exercise. Granted we don't really know how that works... i mean, if his quirk just requires him to use it more then that's what he needs to do for his training, but its even possible that his force of will could play a role in how hard he can make himself, and that would actually play into his self-esteem issues; the less he thinks of himself the weaker his hardening, thus getting out of this negative thought pattern would effectively give him a power boost.
Yes, maybe the power was in him all along, and he just needed to call it properly.

Maybe he was hit by a truck or something. And instead of dying in a heroic sacrifice, he found out he was much stronger than he thought.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 02:31   Link #2985
Random14

It could just be a mental hang-up with Kirishima, that kind of thing is typical for shonen stuff (you just have to believe in yourself, etc.), that he just had to really concentrate to reach the defense we see at UA. Just still surprised by it, as with most other people their quirks seem more like natural powers. Like we've seen Bakugo with explosions all his life, but at UA it was shown his power hasn't grown much. As well as for the author diverted from the battle to a Kirishima flashback, I wonder if we'll see some big relevant reveal in the flashback.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 14:21   Link #2986
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I like the focus recently on how the positive intention of heroes can have a negative affect, like with the 3 expendables SunEater fought and Ashido's effect on Kirishima
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 08:52   Link #2987
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
What kind of development or past you want to see from Mineta?
As he's not the only one who wants development from Mineta, I'll give my answer/s. If we look into his past, I would like to see how he grew up to believe that he could become a successful & popular hero while also believing that his quirk wasn't all that good/powerful/useful (his quirk is good, powerful and useful and we know it is, but Mineta's complete lack of confidence on the subject seems strange and confusing to me).

As for future development, I would like to see Mineta grow as an individual, as well as get a girlfriend, so that we can see how that influences him. An actual girlfriend who likes him, not a false-girlfriend who's either using him to get close to someone else or a villain using him due to him being an easy target (or, worse, someone who's doing both).

Honestly, between his Quirk and his personality, Mineta is just an interesting side character that I think that a few of us, including myself and marvelB, would like to see more of during the main story. The thing is, he's had a few important appearances/major actions, albethey generally short ones, and with the size of the class and school it's actually understandable about why he's not closer to the limelight at times like this when we can be looking at new people or those with more variance to their powers.

The focus is currently on Kirishima at the moment partially because we don't know anything about him. And, honestly, I feel like we're not going to be focusing on him overly hard after this arc. Sure, he'll pop up now and then, but this is his big "here's everything about this character" arc, before he's put back on the secondary character's list as little more than being one of Bakugo's buddies/supporters.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 09:24   Link #2988
Sixth
Hu Tao

"What is a manly heart? It is live without a regret."

Damn, it is such a strong word. I love it.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 09:42   Link #2989
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
"What is a manly heart? It is live without a regret."

Damn, it is such a strong word. I love it.
I'm going to quote that word forever.... I feel so manly after saying that

oh and is Kirishima X Ashido is a good official ship now?
I love how much credit did Fat Man give to Red Riot... what a sturdy shield indeed
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 10:24   Link #2990
marvelB

Well, odd placement aside, I liked Kirishima's flashback. Really gives a lot of insight to his character. I hope we'll get to see more great moments from him in future arcs, as well. I especially liked Fatgum's praise there at the end. So anyway, that should take care of those two enemies....

BTW, anyone seen the omake chapter for the JB version? More proof that Bakugou's no idiot, despite being a foul-mouthed, butt-hurt bully, lol.

Oh, and about Mineta, Darius Drake pretty much voiced what I wanted to see from his character, though personally I don't really care for him getting a girlfriend. I'd just like to see him get his moment in the limelight like Kirishima did this arc, really.... just show that he's a wee bit more than goofy comedy relief, is all. Plus, he's pretty much the closest we have to an everyman character in the series, and I always appreciate it when even an everyman gets their time to shine (like Usopp from One Piece).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 12:08   Link #2991
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Look like we don't get any further explanation regarding that mysterious big man I suspect that big man is a villain, i wonder which lord him mentioned.

I never thought there were things between Kirishima and Ashido, good job for Kouhei for covered this from us also dat Uraraka x Bakugou side chapter
As i had expected Uraraka x Bakugou has better chemistry than Uraraka x Deku, loving how Uraraka teased Bakugou lol ":BakuRageAura"
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 12:14   Link #2992
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Look like we don't get any further explanation regarding that mysterious big man I suspect that big man is a villain, i wonder which lord him mentioned.

I never thought there were things between Kirishima and Ashido, good job for Kouhei for covered this from us also dat Uraraka x Bakugou side chapter
As i had expected Uraraka x Bakugou has better chemistry than Uraraka x Deku, loving how Uraraka teased Bakugou lol ":BakuRageAura"
Read chapter 57 carefully, he is in there
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 12:24   Link #2993
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
Read chapter 57 carefully, he is in there
Please read my post again, i said further explanation about him not his appearance.
Old 2017-07-12, 12:34   Link #2994
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Please read my post again, i said further explanation about him not his appearance.
oh right, sorry
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 12:37   Link #2995
Galaxian

The Bakugou/Uraraka omake reminds me of that old "birthday present" doujinshi about the two.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 12:48   Link #2996
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
oh right, sorry
no problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The Bakugou/Uraraka omake reminds me of that old "birthday present" doujinshi about the two.
Look like Kouhei happened to read that doujin as Uraraka behavious somewhat resemble her doujin counterpart except she not teased Bakugou extremely with finger.
Old 2017-07-12, 15:57   Link #2997
Random14

Nice manly flashback, though having it now was a little bit weird, but Kirishima did contribute a lot. Kirishima's always been one of the more prominent members of the class (he did go on that rescue mission), so its always nice to see more of him and be given extra backstory.

That was a huge punch Fatgum threw, glad those two are finally down. I wonder if Fatgum will be able to continue on or not, looks like his shield is used up at the moment too.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 18:22   Link #2998
Waxman

So... The reason Kirishima's Quirk was weaker then was because he hurt himself the first time it manifested?
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 20:03   Link #2999
Wandering Soul

After reading this chapter, it's real easy to see why Kirishima idolizes Crimson Riot.
Old 2017-07-12, 23:19   Link #3000
Ultragunner

Ohh, so Ashido really did notice Kirishima, my bad

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot