AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-16, 07:40   Link #161
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

About animate.tv: Currently, Animate.tv lists Hetalia as going onto Animate.tv starting 3/25, but Hetalia.com says they are in the midst of changing the Animate.tv premiere. Maybe they are making it closer to the cell phone date (1/24) since the TV airing got canned.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 10:35   Link #162
thirdlc

There seem to be a misunderstanding. I said this at the other place, but they were not going to have the topical Korean character come out from the beginning. They responded that way. Maybe another lost in translation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
KIDS STATION is still broadcasting the series weekly and the broadcast schedule is still up. It just seems that they are pulling/delaying a special that was going to air in February. Maybe Korea was going to appear in that special...
It doesn't make much defference because the planned special was just a rerun.

Well, both of the things are not important any longer due to the airing cancellation, though.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 11:03   Link #163
domino
デレデレ

Seems like it was canceled after all...
I hope some other TV station will pick it up. I don't really want a crappy web stream, but I'll take what I can get. I'd buy DVDs in a heartbeat if I had the option, though..!

I was really looking forward to this next week, so I'm extremely disappointed. There are a lot of anti-Japanese Koreans who will yell at anything Japan does or creates, so I am sad that Hetalia got caught up in their racism. I pity those pathetic racist people.

I wonder how Korean Hetalia fans feel about this? Assuming that there are some, somewhere out there... (since Hetalia seems to be getting quite popular throughout Asia)
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 20:44   Link #164
ando

I was looking forward to seeing Hungary-tan in Saimoe 2009, but... Zetsuboushita!
Old 2009-01-16, 23:45   Link #165
mg1942

hmmm I think I'm gonna check this out. I like controversies
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 00:31   Link #166
Corona
:|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion View Post
China would be better off, economically, if they just let Tibet and Taiwan go. They never would for the sake of their, umm, very asian pride.
Great Britain was better off economically letting the American colonies go, and we all know how that turned out. Oh, and India too.
Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 15:43   Link #167
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*rubs temples* People? Can we stop discussing politics now? It's kinda making my brain hurt trying to read a thread about a comedy show and instead being assaulted by all the drama.

A question just came to me, are the online streams planned to be subbed?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 20:19   Link #168
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
One thing I wanted to say why isn't Canada in there >.> they had more to do withfighting in WWII than USA. They only fought in pearl harbour. Not that I really care about all trhat just wondering is all. I guess we would look like a lumber jack XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 20:38   Link #169
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A question just came to me, are the online streams planned to be subbed?
I don't know, I blogged about this too, and will be keeping an eye on animate to see what happens...but they had Akikan! up for free, and I couldn't view it. T_T Lots of other anime were set as payperview..not sure how Hetalia will be set up.

It really is a pity. I wonder how the producers feel. :S
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 20:52   Link #170
unasuvas
Follower of Lambdadelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
One thing I wanted to say why isn't Canada in there >.> they had more to do withfighting in WWII than USA. They only fought in pearl harbour. Not that I really care about all trhat just wondering is all. I guess we would look like a lumber jack XD
There is a Canada. He has a bunch of strips all about him.
He has the same face as his brother America which usually leads to people mistaking him for America (but never the other way around). I love his interaction with Cuba and Kumajirou~

Spoiler for Just a cute strip of the North American brothers as babies:
Old 2009-01-17, 21:08   Link #171
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Wait the USA only fought in pearl harbor... that's news to me.
Old 2009-01-17, 21:32   Link #172
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by unasuvas View Post
He has the same face as his brother America which usually leads to people mistaking him for America (but never the other way around). I love his interaction with Cuba and Kumajirou~

LOL I can no idea XD I was just seeing on the list for the animated versions. That is so great, we do look the same so you can hardly tell us apart in looks sometimes.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 21:34   Link #173
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by unasuvas View Post

So cuteeeee~~~~ -squishes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel
About animate.tv: Currently, Animate.tv lists Hetalia as going onto Animate.tv starting 3/25, but Hetalia.com says they are in the midst of changing the Animate.tv premiere. Maybe they are making it closer to the cell phone date (1/24) since the TV airing got canned.
Oh, I was looking for the listing info! Couldn't find it, though. ._.
Old 2009-01-18, 07:55   Link #174
Kaguya
an idler

Animate.tv is a free streaming video site.
Each episode is released by a limited time offer (probably one week).
The episode which passed over the time limit is released for pay.
Of course, they are not subtitled video.
I examined the quality of some sample video.
Video quality is not so good though regrettable.

BANDAI CHANNEL
1Mbps:480x360(270), 500kbps:320x240(180)

Other video
Nabari no oh 500kbps:320x240(180)
ef - a tale of melodies 500kbps:480x272
D.C.2 S.S. 500kbps:480x270

All web radio and video
Episode 1 is free.
http://www.animate.tv/pv/listtxt_g.php#radio
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 08:02   Link #175
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Thanks for your comment on my blog, kaguya (on the same topic)! ^^ Unfortunately, it errors me when I try to view anything on animate...:S Oh wait. Make that only some of the things...

Haiz, maybe I can view Hetalia when it's released after all! XD
Old 2009-01-18, 16:13   Link #176
Amathev

I was really looking forward to this anime...
I mean, I'm still going to watch it, but I doubt there'll be any anime/manga licenses, or a second season.

I can understand that Koreans feel upset with the show though. The series shows an extremist Korea who claims he has invented everything, and yet we see no extremist Japan who occupies Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, the Phillipines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand.
Amathev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 16:14   Link #177
aslan23

is estonia in the anime, and if he is who is the voice actor?
aslan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 20:37   Link #178
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Listed on ANN as Kousaka Atsushi...who was previously cast in very minor roles. XD
Old 2009-01-18, 21:43   Link #179
Kittycountess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amathev View Post
I can understand that Koreans feel upset with the show though. The series shows an extremist Korea who claims he has invented everything, and yet we see no extremist Japan who occupies Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, the Phillipines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand.
Every nation in Hetalia has at least one stereotype about them and Korea's happens to be what you mentioned. I don't know why that is supposed to be extremist. Are extremist French people streakers? Or extremist Italians useless? It's a joke and the whole thing is softened by the cuteness of the characters. Now I know there are people out there that don't like serious issues being messed with even if they are presented in a tasteful package. I just don't happen to be one of them.

Japan's 'thing' in Hetalia is his over politeness, to the point of becoming ridiculous. There is a whole strip about him not remembering another character's name and being too shy to ask him while going through an entire conversation. That strip pretty much makes him look like an idiot. Trust me, there is no favoritism in Hetalia. Every nation gets its share of being made fun of.
Kittycountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 23:51   Link #180
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

So! In the same way, Koreans wouldn't be expected to go around bragging they invented everything.

It's satire...comedy..whatever you call it, it ain't meant to be taken seriously. I think this is a case when a lot of people have taken things too seriously..

I mean, hey, if Singapore were animated we'd be a bunch of kiasu paper-chasers. And Australians would be bogans wearing flipflops and scaring tourists about drop bears. -sniggers-

Tags
comedy