Notices

Old 2014-02-26, 11:53   Link #9741
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSoul View Post
mentioned that champions are able to manipulate their own luck
in a game of chance and impossives beat them without cheating
Moreover gods are more powerful than campiones, they do not have the habit of making strategies to kill campiones when they are at their maximum power (in a weakened state he usually more cautious as circe) and attack with everything that has equal Doni.
Manipulate? I don't really think they have a say in whether they win or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
So, basically you guys are saying that Godou is the shounen version of Saki? And Kojou seems to be a textbook example of Power as the Plot Demands. That's a poor writing by the way.

Edit: bakapervert, I think it's not genre savviness but Justified Trope. The author loves to try and justify things but some times it could simply make things worse.
I've never really followed Saki, but that's a good way of putting it. Except that Godou isn't deliberately trying to get a draw. For him victory doesn't exactly mean victory in battle. There was a 0% chance of a draw to begin with in his battles so his luck got a him a draw because it was the minority and therefore a victory. That's my theory at least.

Quote:
^ How about in-battle?
Kojou's battles are like Godou's where he has trouble until that big romantic harem moment where he bites a girl and adds her to his harem. At which point he begins kicking ass, but that's where the similarities stop. Kojou's trouble, like I said before, is he could kill his opponent whenever he wanted, but he won't.

Quote:
No, I meant Godou being Shounen-Saki. So far, he seems to always either gets an invalidated victory or a draw. His good luck and bad luck seems to balance at zero.

For Kojou, for some reason it reminds me of children's 'fighting' really. You know, the one that goes "light attack!" "anti-light barrier!" "anti-anti-light barrier!" "absolute light barrier!" "lightning attack!", so on and so forth.
Where did that "light" stuff coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
zzhk said to take this with a grain of salt, but this is the latest spoiler that he posted on BT.

Spoiler for volume 16:

Personally, I think it's a pretty interesting piece of information.
I was the one that said she came back as a Divine Ancestor.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-02-26 at 17:32.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 12:03   Link #9742
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Nah, I was talking about one of those 'children fights' that you'd like to see in animes. You know, those things that goes something like "'make an x attack' 'x barrier' 'anti x barrier' gets a bit silly for a while, then continue the cycle to 'y attack' if not immediately skipping to crazier things." I might be mistaken, but I think there was one example of it in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Tsukunai with Kobato and Maria once.

The problem mainly lies in that it's basically the same cycle repeated the same way without variety. At least Naruto had some variety in its Shounen power ups (and personally, I think Naruto is the worst of the Big Three Shounen). I'm not saying that it has to be JoJo-level either, just that it would be more varied instead of follow the same formula, in addition to not being unnecessarily hax too (Most of the powers there are power I'd expect from endgame really). I mean, what is this? Asura's Wrath? Heck, even that one is still better than StB even if it's utterly ridiculous that the Earth should have been destroyed right at the prologue.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 12:04   Link #9743
gevara20

If now Athena is divine ancestor and not goddess why in vol.13 she said:
Quote:
"Hmph. Guided by ill fate, an encounter with this goddess lieth in the future... Verily, this destiny summoned a storm, has it not?"

Last edited by gevara20; 2014-02-26 at 12:19.
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 12:07   Link #9744
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Hmm, kinda cheap if he got authority that make defeated opponent become his women. Attracting women into his harem even if the mentioned women is a sworn enemy by his own charm is more awesome compared if its because of authority right?
Most of his female opponents get charmed during or before the battle don't they?

Quote:
Sorry, I'm against that. That's basically NTR. Or at least brainwashing and mind rape. Either way, it is morally ambiguous if not outright amoral and I prefer that a harem leader wins affection through the old way: hardwork and solving the girl's problem. Even if it is a bit cliched.
Isn't that similar to what Uldin did?, besides seeing as Guinevere was starting to fall for Godou despite supposedly being faithful to King of the End, so I don't think they would be brainwash still being able to make decisions about who they love. But then again it could end up like Uldin the more time they spend with him the more they start to fall for him.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 12:17   Link #9745
gevara20

And in vol.10 Athena said
Quote:
"Even though one hath been tasked with this mission, how should one proceed? Other than that man, within this goddess heart -- there also seemeth to be a different man, one whom this goddess must defeat."
Quote:
"No matter. One still needeth repose for now. In the near future, this goddessshall begin her journey, to exhibit the queen's valor and ferocity to heaven and earth. Now let this newborn body rest fitfully..."
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 12:20   Link #9746
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevara20 View Post
If now Athena is divine ancestor and not goddess why in vol.13 she said:
I think the answer lies in the original Japanese line. Maybe it used goddess in a normal/general way that DA would correctly belong to that but didn't use exact terminology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Isn't that similar to what Uldin did?, besides seeing as Guinevere was starting to fall for Godou despite supposedly being faithful to King of the End, so don't think they would be brainwash still being able to make decisions about who they love. But then again it could end up like Uldin the more time they spend with him the more they start to fall for him.
Uldin did not brainwash his women, at least nothing indicates it in story. He simply charmed them. Rather stubbornly and forcefully, true, but he didn't use any magic to make them love him against their will or without their consent. Guinevere was being charmed too. What you were suggesting was that Godou gains an Authority that magically binds them against their will and without asking any consent to love him. And if you're saying that it restores their ability to make decisions who they love, then it's pretty much just freeing them from their bind and considering who they were, most of them probably won't love Godou at all. Can you picture Asherah falling in love with Godou just because he freed her?

Though, it should be noted that Godou does have a high charm skill that the only girl he need efforts to make them to fall for him is Athena.
Old 2014-02-26, 12:22   Link #9747
Awrya
U mad?

Minos in Vol.8 also thought of himself as a god, it may be a function of the grail, giving them a strong ego akin to heretic gods.
Old 2014-02-26, 12:24   Link #9748
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevara20 View Post
And in vol.10 Athena said
Thinking back those lines are so misleading, at first I thought she was a new(?)Goddess created from the Holy Grail.

@Feng Lengshun I never said it was an Authority to make them love him, servitude and love are two different things
and like the [BOAR] or Murakumo they never actually competently obey him they still have their own will. I can't imagine Godou forcing them to love him.
P.s. Who is Asherah did that person appear in the story

Last edited by Hokoga; 2014-02-26 at 12:43.
Old 2014-02-26, 12:43   Link #9749
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Asherah is Leviathan, she was the leader of Smith's enemy magic association, Lord of Flies IIRC. That girl who acts casually in the middle of corpses of her own followers and willingly sacrificed herself to Sun Wukong.
Old 2014-02-26, 12:47   Link #9750
Hokoga

Quote:
Asherah is Leviathan, she was the leader of Smith's enemy magic association, Lord of Flies IIRC. That girl who acts casually in the middle of corpses of her own followers and willingly sacrificed herself to Sun Wukong.
Now I remember who she is and your right I don't think she would fall for him(or rather I don't want her to).
But I can imagine her being reluctant to help him defeat Gods, but having no choice but to help.(and no I'm not talking about helping with the Sword of Wisdom ritual)

Last edited by Hokoga; 2014-02-26 at 12:57.
Old 2014-02-26, 12:50   Link #9751
Ickarium

I agree that Godou getting the ability to basically mind-control goddesses into joining his harem would be creepy and bad.

I don't think Athena will ever join his harem, though. Like him, certainly, but even as a divine ancestor, no. Witches and Mikos are descended from Divine Ancestors - this is basically said by the Woman With Glass Eyes, or whatever she's called, I misrecall.

Athena as a DI would probably put Liliana to shame. Can't have that.
Old 2014-02-26, 13:18   Link #9752
Superbia

Verethragna's Youth authority was originally one that forces others to serve him and give them protection, but when it went to Goudo it turned to one that gives protection to those who choose to serve him. Maybe it will work the same where he can revive goddesses who choose to follow him. Circe would probably agree, Lancelot and Athena may or may not.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 13:41   Link #9753
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
Verethragna's Youth authority was originally one that forces others to serve him and give them protection, but when it went to Goudo it turned to one that gives protection to those who choose to serve him. Maybe it will work the same where he can revive goddesses who choose to follow him. Circe would probably agree, Lancelot and Athena may or may not.
nice interpretation, in that case an authority like that would be perfect for Goudo
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 15:30   Link #9754
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I think the answer lies in the original Japanese line. Maybe it used goddess in a normal/general way that DA would correctly belong to that but didn't use exact terminology?

Uldin did not brainwash his women, at least nothing indicates it in story. He simply charmed them. Rather stubbornly and forcefully, true, but he didn't use any magic to make them love him against their will or without their consent. Guinevere was being charmed too. What you were suggesting was that Godou gains an Authority that magically binds them against their will and without asking any consent to love him. And if you're saying that it restores their ability to make decisions who they love, then it's pretty much just freeing them from their bind and considering who they were, most of them probably won't love Godou at all. Can you picture Asherah falling in love with Godou just because he freed her?

Though, it should be noted that Godou does have a high charm skill that the only girl he need efforts to make them to fall for him is Athena.
I agree with almost all of that, but I'd like to point out that as far as I can tell, Athena does love Godou. Her idea of love just involves blood and death rather than kisses and babies.
Old 2014-02-26, 16:50   Link #9755
Kadi
知識の探求者

If Athena's feelings for Godou are already love... I sure hope they get a bit more love-ier in the future. If Jou-chan does a good job of it, anyway.

@"This goddess": As has been speculated, there is no basis for this in Japanese. It's "Athena's I" (妾, warawa; NOT prostitute), and to display her unique style of speech, it has been opted to translate this as "this goddess". Which worked well while she was a goddess. If it turns out she's a goddess no longer, we'll change it. Probably. Back to "one" or "this one", maybe, as it used to be. Some day. Anyway. That's that.

And look what I found on my hard drive just now...

Spoiler for Sneak a peek a boo:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 17:29   Link #9756
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
If Athena's feelings for Godou are already love... I sure hope they get a bit more love-ier in the future. If Jou-chan does a good job of it, anyway.

@"This goddess": As has been speculated, there is no basis for this in Japanese. It's "Athena's I" (妾, warawa; NOT prostitute), and to display her unique style of speech, it has been opted to translate this as "this goddess". Which worked well while she was a goddess. If it turns out she's a goddess no longer, we'll change it. Probably. Back to "one" or "this one", maybe, as it used to be. Some day. Anyway. That's that.

so... if she is around godou she will get stronger ??
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 19:26   Link #9757
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Where is that from?
Old 2014-02-26, 21:04   Link #9758
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:

Knew it. It's a shame that it's too late to go to Royal We now, though I think it's a good option nonetheless.

Can't take that Stat Sheet seriously. It's hilarious, but I don't think we could take it as official and canon. At least not enough for fanfics unless it's going for humor/crack.
Old 2014-02-26, 21:09   Link #9759
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
nice interpretation, in that case an authority like that would be perfect for Goudo
No chance in hell Lancelot would agree to that, the ego and will power of the gods of steel is enormous, an Authority like that could never bind him.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 21:21   Link #9760
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Can't take that Stat Sheet seriously. It's hilarious, but I don't think we could take it as official and canon. At least not enough for fanfics unless it's going for humor/crack.
Does this look more official, then?

Spoiler for Sneak a peek a sword in your face?:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem