AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-28, 01:20   Link #381
omegasereon

When did he develop that power? It wasn't mentioned in the anime.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 02:01   Link #382
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
When did he develop that power? It wasn't mentioned in the anime.
Hmm Can't help there, I'm confident the anime probably isn't the best source for consistent story information though.

I think it's something he probably automatically always had but just developed slowly. I mean his precognition power was basically automatic and he focused purely on it, so maybe the Strike Vision power just lagged behind and started to come out more as he developed as a magician.

But that's just speculation. Maybe they'll explain it more in later episodes, since he probably doesn't know he has the power himself and will probably want to address it at some point.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 20:10   Link #383
BionicMeerkat

So the Strike Vision was kinda like Dormant ability or something along those lines? They will likely follow up on it in the next episode.
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 22:51   Link #384
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicMeerkat View Post
So the Strike Vision was kinda like Dormant ability or something along those lines? They will likely follow up on it in the next episode.
That would be the basic impression I got. Next episode seems like it might be filled with Gekkou being an asshole, so if they don't cover it next time they probably will in the future ones.

I wonder if Takeshi has any other magic.

I also wonder if it states what his moms magic is, and if it's the same as Gekkou's or Takeshi.
Old 2014-02-28, 23:10   Link #385
haseo0408

I was checking the BT page for Mahou Sensou and notice that vol. 8 is going to be release on March 25, thatīs way too quick, is the author intending to end the novel soon?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 23:43   Link #386
ghost013

Wait, did the author say he was going to end it at vol. 8?
ghost013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 00:07   Link #387
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Wait, did the author say he was going to end it at vol. 8?
I didnīt say that, I was wondering if the author was planning to end the story soon because vol. 8 release date feels a little rush and on an interview for january he said he was already planning a happy ending for the story.
Old 2014-03-01, 01:39   Link #388
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I didnīt say that, I was wondering if the author was planning to end the story soon because vol. 8 release date feels a little rush and on an interview for january he said he was already planning a happy ending for the story.
Maybe he started 8 as soon as he was finished 7?

Like, analogous to the Lord of the rings movies being filmed all at the same time but released a year apart.

Maybe he finished 7 and just kept on writing.

Maybe it's one of those things where 7-8 can be paired as one volume cause they cover the same overarching story and it just got broken up. this is speculation, since there isn't much info about 7 (other than time travel)
Old 2014-03-01, 09:20   Link #389
tuckersister

Yeah, there WASN'T hardly any more info for 7. We don't know what went on when the Nanase brothers time traveled. There probably a lot of shenanigans during their time travel.

I also believe that both Nanase brothers will change after this time travel. It is likely they will form a new community at the end of the story.

I do believe that Gekkou need to get his head out of his own ass and open his mind.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 09:51   Link #390
G0rd0

Maybe they will both start their own community after they return from the past.And gekkou still trying to kill takeshi cant really imagine him changing and turning good.
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 10:18   Link #391
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
LN releasing at least 2 volumes while the anime cour is on is a staple rather than an exception, it's all about marketing.
Old 2014-03-01, 19:52   Link #392
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
Maybe they will both start their own community after they return from the past.And gekkou still trying to kill takeshi cant really imagine him changing and turning good.
Is Gekkou still trying to kill Takeshi in volume 7? I imagine it might start out that way, but I wonder if he would ignore the whole fact he traveled in time to kill his brother. Or maybe he's up to some evil time travel scheme!

But I sincerely wonder what Gekkou is up too, if this is an arc where he slowly gets redeemed, or gets proven a lost cause, all that. Since I haven't seen any info about it at all.
Old 2014-03-01, 21:15   Link #393
G0rd0

Maybe i don't really know haven't read the novel.But from reading the spoilers im guessing he will still try to kill Takeshi.like i said i really cant see Gekkou turning good considering all he has done to Takeshi and Kurumi
Old 2014-03-01, 23:29   Link #394
anonfr

Quote:
Maybe i don't really know haven't read the novel.But from reading the spoilers im guessing he will still try to kill Takeshi.like i said i really cant see Gekkou turning good considering all he has done to Takeshi and Kurumi
Yeah True that. I don't disagree with you, it's just there's not really much information to confirm it with.

I think it's possible that after all the rejection and people hating him Gekkou might take some self reflection time. I mean it's possible right? His old justification was that Takeshi "stole" Kurumi and his kendo abilities away from him. That he was better looking, more talented, and overall better than Takeshi so he deserved more. But no one likes him, Kurumi outright told him she prefers Takeshi, and like I said before I read that his own teammates don't particularly like him. Plus he failed to kill Takeshi who he's so much better than, or convince Kurumi that he suits her so much more than. So basically his justifications have kind of slowly crumbled throughout his little Villain arc.

If I was Gekkou I'd think "I'm awesome. Why doesn't anyone like the awesome me after I've been so awesome? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.." and then he realizes what a horrible dick he's been and have the epiphany of "Maybe I should stop being a dick..." I mean, I'll admit this is very very unlikely, but totally possible in a fringe sort of way!

There's also the trope where him and Takeshi come under attack by a stronger enemy and have to put their differences aside for awhile for the sake of survival and inadvertently bond a little. Like they come across the old Wizard Brace or one of the old factions in general and become hunted fugitives or something. I mean, it is a trope for a reason. It could happen.
Old 2014-03-02, 00:12   Link #395
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Yeah True that. I don't disagree with you, it's just there's not really much information to confirm it with.

I think it's possible that after all the rejection and people hating him Gekkou might take some self reflection time. I mean it's possible right? His old justification was that Takeshi "stole" Kurumi and his kendo abilities away from him. That he was better looking, more talented, and overall better than Takeshi so he deserved more. But no one likes him, Kurumi outright told him she prefers Takeshi, and like I said before I read that his own teammates don't particularly like him. Plus he failed to kill Takeshi who he's so much better than, or convince Kurumi that he suits her so much more than. So basically his justifications have kind of slowly crumbled throughout his little Villain arc.

If I was Gekkou I'd think "I'm awesome. Why doesn't anyone like the awesome me after I've been so awesome? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.." and then he realizes what a horrible dick he's been and have the epiphany of "Maybe I should stop being a dick..." I mean, I'll admit this is very very unlikely, but totally possible in a fringe sort of way!

There's also the trope where him and Takeshi come under attack by a stronger enemy and have to put their differences aside for awhile for the sake of survival and inadvertently bond a little. Like they come across the old Wizard Brace or one of the old factions in general and become hunted fugitives or something. I mean, it is a trope for a reason. It could happen.
Years ago I read a book that said that a person with too much pride is like a little misarable god, takes advice from nobody, sees all of creation as inferior to him but no matter how high he come, how many rewards he obtains, how many people he beats, he still feels empty inside and his own pride doesnīt let him realize the reason. Gekkou is like that, everybody around him has rejected him for who he is and keeps getting worse and worse, there redemption for this guy, he might actually belive heīs a god.
Old 2014-03-02, 00:19   Link #396
G0rd0

Takeshi and Gekkou working together i can see that happening.I can also see Gekkou abandoning Takeshi to be killed by the enemy. And somehow Takeshi manages to survive then comes to Gekkou's rescue when he is about to be killed and finally starts to think about how much of an ass he is.The author said there is going to be a happy ending wonder if Gekkou is included.
Old 2014-03-02, 01:08   Link #397
anonfr

Quote:
Years ago I read a book that said that a person with too much pride is like a little misarable god, takes advice from nobody, sees all of creation as inferior to him but no matter how high he come, how many rewards he obtains, how many people he beats, he still feels empty inside and his own pride doesnīt let him realize the reason. Gekkou is like that, everybody around him has rejected him for who he is and keeps getting worse and worse, there redemption for this guy, he might actually belive heīs a god.
I feel like what you said plays into my point more than against it. Gekkou certainly is like that, or possibly was with our limited knowledge of volume 7.

1. He hasn't been shown to get worse and worse. We've been shown his mindset is that he feels like he's been stolen from. He thinks Kurumi would pick him over Takeshi, that he deserves twilight more than Takeshi, that he's Takeshi 2.0 with a better haircut. Over the course events he gets proven wrong on all those counts. We haven't been shown that he gets worse and worse, we haven't been shown any of the follow up events because they're recent and the fallout from isn't available to us yet. Maybe he will get worse after being rejected, but he just got all the rejection. We have to wait and see what happens next before being educated enough for that sort of guess. There is far too little information to validate that supposition. Now we're only informed enough to consider the possibilities. The possibilities being A. You're right and he gets worse, or B. You're wrong and he slowly comes to terms with the fact he's a horrible person and should stop being a horrible person. It could be one or the other, and we don't know which yet.

2. He's been assaulted with constant negative reinforcement stating he's not as great as he thinks he is, then he loses. He loses the girl, he loses the battle, hopefully at some point Takeshi NTR's twilight back and Gekkou loses his sword. He doesn't have any rewards to take, all his "rewards" were taken back, he wasn't strong enough to keep them. He hasn't "Obtained" anything because he stole it and then lost it all. He hasn't even proven he's stronger because he didn't "Beat" Takeshi for good proving he's better once and for all. He certainly doesn't feel empty inside because he does feel something, bitterness, deserving, completely justified in his actions because in his mind he was wronged first and he's setting the world right.
The only things that can directly apply to him is that "He sees everyone as Inferior" and "Takes advice from no one"

Plus, you may have taken that line from a book but there are COUNTLESS other books where an antagonist loses everything, is left with nothing and no one, then goes on the road to redemption because he finally sees the folly in his actions.

As far as I'm concerned, My point still stands. We are afterall only speculating possibilities instead of discussing facts.
Quote:
Takeshi and Gekkou working together i can see that happening.I can also see Gekkou abandoning Takeshi to be killed by the enemy. And somehow Takeshi manages to survive then comes to Gekkou's rescue when he is about to be killed and finally starts to think about how much of an ass he is.The author said there is going to be a happy ending wonder if Gekkou is included.
It really is easy to see isn't it? It could totally go either way. 1. With Gekkou cooperating for the sake of not dying, or 2 being an asshole and then being grateful for not dying. Or 3 Gekkou and Takeshi aren't even together, Takeshi falls into a situation where he's off somewhere becoming even more shounen hero and saving the people, Gekkou falls into a situation where he's lead to be even more evil.

all of these are totally possible as far as I'm concerned. But I think since it is going to be a happy ending, one can assume Gekkou would sort of have to be included. Takeshi seems to love his little brother, considering he has such a large complex about him. He hates that Gekkou hates him, he hates the fallout of their relationship falling apart. I think for Takeshi fixing his relationship with Gekkou would be the happiest ending, since it's one of the bigger plot points. Or you know, that plot point can be resolved by Takeshi completely giving up on his little brother and just leaving him to whatever fate the author intends.

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-03-02 at 01:23.
Old 2014-03-02, 01:24   Link #398
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I feel like what you said plays into my point more than against it. Gekkou certainly is like that, or possibly was with our limited knowledge of volume 7.

1. He hasn't been shown to get worse and worse. We've been shown his mindset is that he feels like he's been stolen from. He thinks Kurumi would pick him over Takeshi, that he deserves twilight more than Takeshi, that he's Takeshi 2.0 with a better haircut. Over the course events he gets proven wrong on all those counts. We haven't been shown that he gets worse and worse, we haven't been shown any of the follow up events because they're recent and the fallout from isn't available to us yet. Maybe he will get worse after being rejected, but he just got all the rejection. We have to wait and see what happens next before being educated enough for that sort of guess. There is far too little information to validate that supposition. Now we're only informed enough to consider the possibilities. The possibilities being A. You're right and he gets worse, or B. You're wrong and he slowly comes to terms with the fact he's a horrible person and should stop being a horrible person. It could be one or the other, and we don't know which yet.

2. He's been assaulted with constant negative reinforcement stating he's not as great as he thinks he is, then he loses. He loses the girl, he loses the battle, hopefully at some point Takeshi NTR's twilight back and Gekkou loses his sword. He doesn't have any rewards to take, all his "rewards" were taken back, he wasn't strong enough to keep them. He hasn't "Obtained" anything because he stole it and then lost it all. He hasn't even proven he's stronger because he didn't "Beat" Takeshi for good proving he's better once and for all. He certainly doesn't feel empty inside because he does feel something, bitterness, deserving, completely justified in his actions because in his mind he was wronged first and he's setting the world right.
The only things that can directly apply to him is that "He sees everyone as Inferior" and "Takes advice from no one"

Plus, you may have taken that line from a book but there are COUNTLESS other books where an antagonist loses everything, is left with nothing and no one, then goes on the road to redemption because he finally sees the folly in his actions.

As far as I'm concerned, My point still stands. We are afterall only speculating possibilities instead of discussing facts.

It really is easy to see isn't it? It could totally go either way. 1. With Gekkou cooperating for the sake of not dying, or 2 being an asshole and then being grateful for not dying. Or 3 Gekkou and Takeshi aren't even together, Takeshi falls into a situation where he's off somewhere becoming even more shounen hero and saving the people, Gekkou falls into a situation where he's lead to be even more evil.

all of these are totally possible as far as I'm concerned. But I think since it is going to be a happy ending, Gekkou would sort of have to be included. Takeshi seems to love his little brother, considering he has such a large complex about him. He hates that Gekkou hates him, he hates the fallout of their relationship falling apart. I think for Takeshi fixing his relationship with Gekkou would be the happiest ending, since it's one of the bigger plot points.
Sorry, I explain myseld badly, Iīm not saying heīs like itīs describe in that book, I just found some similarity and voiced my thoughs. Youīre right, the little bastard could go either way but after hearing he almost killed Kurumi I think heīs beyond salvation, that and the sick he treats Kurumi and Eterna (Towa the living inside the Twilight), he acts like they are objects that belong to him and Takeshi stole them; he can he loves Kurumi all he wants but that for sure is not love, itīs possesion.
Old 2014-03-02, 01:34   Link #399
Kadi
知識の探求者

Gekkou is way beyond salvation, and not (only) for the Kurumi thing... it's not your knowledge of vol 7 that's lacking, but vol 5 already.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 01:48   Link #400
G0rd0

I would like to see how the author would fix Takeshi and Gekkou's relationship considering how much shit he has done to Takeshi and Kurumi.Takeshi giving up on Gekkou would be okay with me but cant see it happening like you said Takeshi hates that gekkou Hates him.Anybody else feel the Devil May Cry 3 vibe brother versus brother of course Dante and Virgil are way awesome than Takeshi and Gekkou

Tags
love triangle, mf bunko j, ntr, weapon-ntr