AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-03, 03:20   Link #741
Dreg00

I quickly glanced at some of the stuff you guys were discussing. Even did a translation of the conversation on chapter 42 between Shea and Yue. Also, someone asked for a description of Yue; I'll mention their first meeting.

Please remember that my Japanese is not that great, not even close. This is just some information I gathered. If I made a mistake, please point it out.

Spoiler for Yue and other stuff:

Spoiler for Chapter 42 Conversation:
Dreg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 03:46   Link #742
CNine
Inactive Member

Reading through brainwashing part. it's look like Shea relationship with her father and her tribe isn't so terrible[their relationship look like fine to me]. it's only her hair colour that different from another, but her tribe didn't treat her so poorly[Shea argument with her father is funny one before Yue put them down with Storm Emperor].

Hajime brainwashing could change a loving father into murderous commander who said "why did you need a reason to kill your enemy" even without hearing their plea.
boys who love flower into deadly sniper[even change his name to DEATHLY/MOrTALITY, coz his name before is like a sissy name]

Shea didn't abandoned by her tribe, she joined Hajime by her own wish[even before her tribe brainwashing incedent happening]. her tribe guarding entrance to the great tree.
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 04:10   Link #743
whitecloud

brainwashing? where?
Old 2014-03-03, 04:12   Link #744
bakapervert
A pervert

^ Hajime's training of the rabbit people. THe result is so astonishing you got to wonder if its not brainwashing.

Edit: Does the status recorded in the plate have any meaning here? What good is it to have defense and magic defense over 10000 if it seems even a kid with kitchen knife can still shank you and normal magic can also still hurt you?

Last edited by bakapervert; 2014-03-03 at 04:47.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 05:11   Link #745
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So Kaori being a Yandere is just being accepted as fact now? I don't remember any spoilers actually saying anything to suggest that kind of behavior....
Spoiler:
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 05:32   Link #746
Guest2

Quote:
Does the status recorded in the plate have any meaning here? What good is it to have defense and magic defense over 10000 if it seems even a kid with kitchen knife can still shank you and normal magic can also still hurt you?
I think you're a little confused. The only person who has such ridiculous stats is Hajime and he hasn't been hurt much at all since they left the first dungeon.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 05:44   Link #747
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Spoiler:
So she r@ped him? Wait, how did we know it even happened just by that? Did you censor anything?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 05:49   Link #748
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I think you're a little confused. The only person who has such ridiculous stats is Hajime and he hasn't been hurt much at all since they left the first dungeon.
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2014-03-03, 06:13   Link #749
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Spoiler:
Daga kotowaru is one of many well known Jojo memes, example on the だが断る image.

Adding to Kaori, yeah.....
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Spoiler for reply:
You just noticed?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-03-03 at 06:26.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 06:18   Link #750
bludvein

Spoiler for Shia:
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 06:24   Link #751
bakapervert
A pervert

^
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2014-03-03, 06:31   Link #752
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

I imagine defense is like durability in this world. Like if Hajime were to fall off a high building he could just get right up and walk away cause of his stats. But if someone else were to do so..well, suffice it to say that they'd go splat. As for magic def, it would probably act on the same principle. If your M-def is higher than your assailant's M-atk then they're attack would have little to no effect. Also, like Blud said there's no Hp bar. If, by any chance, they get hurt due to carelessness, they're going to have to use a healing spell or potion or whatever to fix themselves up. That's a waste of resources just for being careless. Think of them like the Logias in One piece. Carelessness is a habit you want to avoid nurturing at all costs.
Old 2014-03-03, 06:38   Link #753
bakapervert
A pervert

It doesn't seem that simple. So far there is no case at all where the character easily tank without harm an attack from weaker enemy. They all seem to have a pretty healthy habit of evading or blocking all attack no matter who does it.
Old 2014-03-03, 06:42   Link #754
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

No, I didn't censor anything~

Like what bludvein has explained above. It has meaning but then again, who likes to get hurt? (except a certain black dragon)
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 06:45   Link #755
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^
Spoiler for reply:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2014-03-03, 07:10   Link #756
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Spoiler for reply:
Spoiler for Reply:

Let's just accept that the stats are not this series's strong point. Hajime was never intended to have these ridiculous stats in the beginning, anyway...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 07:14   Link #757
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Spoiler for Reply:

Let's just accept that the stats are not this series's strong point. Hajime was never intended to have these ridiculous stats in the beginning, anyway...
Well, yes, but those needles were received in non-vital area, with his guard up and body-strengthening to his limit at the time. That's a lot different than getting caught napping(figuratively).
Old 2014-03-03, 07:22   Link #758
Kadi
知識の探求者

... I don't think he had his Stone Skin power at that time ...? It should come from the cyclopses outside the door... which he shouldn't have eaten at that point. And I guess those needles would be able to punch a tank full of holes... or at least dents. Vital areas or not, Hajime should've been ripped to shreds if your regular Joe with a knife could hurt him, too...

Unless it's some super-complicated system where "the stronger the attack, the stronger the defense", but that's more skill-like and not fit for a attribute. In fact, if it were the reasoning behind the attributes, it'd be even worse...

P.S.: By my lowest estimates, Hajime can lift 50 tons. That's like 2-3 2m*2m*2m cubes of rock. That should have some interesting consequences/possibilities... which will probably never be explored. Too bad.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 07:35   Link #759
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
P.S.: By my lowest estimates, Hajime can lift 50 tons. That's like 2-3 2m*2m*2m cubes of rock. That should have some interesting consequences/possibilities... which will probably never be explored. Too bad.
You probably understood it better than me, but didn't at one point, Yue's & Shia's manzai got too out of hand, and Hajime used a good old "soft" knuckle fist on them?? (like, when a parent hits a truant kid on top of the head).... And I remember the 2 of them making a big deal about it I always figured that a 10k stats tough love was a little bit too much to handle as a joke stopper
Old 2014-03-03, 08:03   Link #760
bludvein

Quote:
... I don't think he had his Stone Skin power at that time ...? It should come from the cyclopses outside the door... which he shouldn't have eaten at that point. And I guess those needles would be able to punch a tank full of holes... or at least dents. Vital areas or not, Hajime should've been ripped to shreds if your regular Joe with a knife could hurt him, too...

Unless it's some super-complicated system where "the stronger the attack, the stronger the defense", but that's more skill-like and not fit for a attribute. In fact, if it were the reasoning behind the attributes, it'd be even worse...

No, he didn't have the Stone Skin power at the time, but standard body strengthening using his direct magic raises durability by a lot.

Perhaps he could tank a kitchen knife swung by an average Joe, but that was an exaggeration to begin with. Anyone dumb enough to try would get strung up and humiliated(like that one girl who tried to get rid of the parasite from "Yue onee-sama"...). The people/monsters going after him aren't average.

The point was just that he can't just ignore attacks due to some perceived invulnerability. Even the dragon shapeshifters were hunted down by normal humans, and defense is pretty much their specialty.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel