AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-02, 02:11   Link #401
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Gekkou is way beyond salvation, and not (only) for the Kurumi thing... it's not your knowledge of vol 7 that's lacking, but vol 5 already.
Isn't that subjective? I mean (forgive me for breaking out the cliche`) Darth Vader blew up an entire planet and he still got redeemed at the end. Even Hannibal Lector ultimately becomes a sympathetic character, gets the girl and ultimately got away at the end of his cannibalistic serial killing crime spree (Hannibal Lector by the way is established to a be a removed relation of Date Masamune to tie him to japanese pop culture. Just sayin).

So, it could happen. I already know he tried to kill his brother and cut his love interest almost in half. With my lack of knowledge I like to think he tried to rape her too, I mean, he had her prisoner, why not? My volume 5 knowledge is lacking though, beyond the kidnapping, attacking Takeshi, starting a war and what not. So can't argue there. Though I have read stories where characters have done similarly horrible things (kinslaying, raping, murder, all of that) and still got redeemed or found some kind of salvation. There is precedence out there, and precedence can always be set.
did find this gem though.
Spoiler for Bunny Mui!:

I also looked at the japanese wiki and saw Ishoshima's name google translates to walnut. It says "Once upon a time, it becomes a quarrel with his brother when it comes to love relationship with walnut"

Everytime she's mentioned she's referred to as "The Walnut". I found it hilarious Gekkou stole Takeshi's walnut. It's so mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
I would like to see how the author would fix Takeshi and Gekkou's relationship considering how much shit he has done to Takeshi and Kurumi.Takeshi giving up on Gekkou would be okay with me but cant see it happening like you said Takeshi hates that gekkou Hates him.Anybody else feel the Devil May Cry 3 vibe brother versus brother of course Dante and Virgil are way awesome than Takeshi and Gekkou
About the DMC thing. Yeah, I mean kind of. The basic premise of them is similar, and brother against brother is always a cool thing. I dig it.

Just to be clear I don't particularly want Gekkou to be redeemed. I'm just making a point of remaining open to the possibilities.

The only thing I actively want is for Takeshi to get his sword back for one, because yeah it's his sword and f#ck gekkou, and for Takeshi to prove without doubt he's Gekkou's equal, because the reinforcing that Gekkou is better looking/more talented/ has a bigger dick and wins every pissing contest with Takeshi is giving me a complex.

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-03-02 at 04:01.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 02:31   Link #402
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
I would like to see how the author would fix Takeshi and Gekkou's relationship considering how much shit he has done to Takeshi and Kurumi.Takeshi giving up on Gekkou would be okay with me but cant see it happening like you said Takeshi hates that gekkou Hates him.Anybody else feel the Devil May Cry 3 vibe brother versus brother of course Dante and Virgil are way awesome than Takeshi and Gekkou
Easy, just kill him. Gekkou is the type of character everyone just wants him dead. There's nothing redeemable about him. He's got no good qualities. If he doesn't die, at the very least, I want Takeshi to cut off all his limbs,castrate him,cut off his tongue and mutilate his face.I just want to see him utterly WRECKED.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 07:27   Link #403
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
snip
Or they would take the other way. The JoJo way: Have the antagonist wins and gloats, and then take his life in an utterly humiliating way through your new powers/coincidence/trick. I would love him getting Diavolo'd, that is, a never-ending death, but he doesn't deserve it. Not yet. Let him gloat and be evil, we all know that the more the villain gloats, the more humiliating his defeat will be.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 07:35   Link #404
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Or they would take the other way. The JoJo way: Have the antagonist wins and gloats, and then take his life in an utterly humiliating way through your new powers/coincidence/trick. I would love him getting Diavolo'd, that is, a never-ending death, but he doesn't deserve it. Not yet. Let him gloat and be evil, we all know that the more the villain gloats, the more humiliating his defeat will be.
Hahaha. You're right, that is another way it could happen. A quite amusing one at that.
Old 2014-03-02, 07:37   Link #405
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Yes. Just drug him and drop him into the volcano. Force him to get burned in the volcano over and over again using that five minute back into the past ability of his.
Old 2014-03-02, 18:54   Link #406
divine aria

Quote:
From what I know, it seems that Takeshi had small time interest in Mui before he realize that he's actually in love on Isoshima, Isoshima is very much in love with him, and Mui seems interested in him.
Regarding the love triangle, I'm hearing different things from different people. Just out of curiosity, did Takeshi say that he has feelings for Karumi or are people speculating that based off of certain behaviors from Takeshi? I looked through a lot of pages in this thread but couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere, just people saying that he's in love with her.

Also, does anyone know if there are translations of the light novels anywhere? I'd be interested in reading them myself just so I can have something to compare the anime to.
divine aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 19:29   Link #407
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine aria View Post
Regarding the love triangle, I'm hearing different things from different people. Just out of curiosity, did Takeshi say that he has feelings for Karumi or are people speculating that based off of certain behaviors from Takeshi? I looked through a lot of pages in this thread but couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere, just people saying that he's in love with her.

Also, does anyone know if there are translations of the light novels anywhere? I'd be interested in reading them myself just so I can have something to compare the anime to.
Well Ougon the threads former spoilerist said so.

Here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Spoiler for Takeshi's feelings:

Spoiler for Reason:
As for the question of an english translation, Ougon again recently said he involved in the project. But to be completely fair (Ougon if you read this I'm not criticizing you) He's taken up Silver Cross, Strike the Blood, Newly Black Bullet, and recently started contributing to this project (Terminology, proofreading, I forget if it he said whether he's actually translate), any He hasn't actually stuck to one novel Start to finish, If he does stick to one I reckon it's probably going to be Black Bullet since it just comes across as the most interesting work out of the choices. so it might be quite a while before a translation becomes available.
Old 2014-03-02, 19:47   Link #408
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

wars tend ti go beyond the boundaries of rules

if its actually a war, i would have to destroy the school itself
Old 2014-03-02, 19:50   Link #409
divine aria

Thanks so much for the reply, anonfr.
I guess I'll have to wait a while then to read the light novels for myself. I'm pretty patient though so I can wait. Um, and as for what you inserted into the spoiler tag regarding the love triangle, I guess that doesn't exactly answer my question. Sorry to keep bothering you but, again, did Takeshi actually say that he has feelings for Karumi or how do people know that he's becoming aware of feelings for her? I guess what I'm trying to get at is how sure people are that the love triangle has been resolved.
Old 2014-03-02, 20:13   Link #410
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
wars tend ti go beyond the boundaries of rules

if its actually a war, i would have to destroy the school itself
That might just end up happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine aria View Post
Thanks so much for the reply, anonfr.
I guess I'll have to wait a while then to read the light novels for myself. I'm pretty patient though so I can wait. Um, and as for what you inserted into the spoiler tag regarding the love triangle, I guess that doesn't exactly answer my question. Sorry to keep bothering you but, again, did Takeshi actually say that he has feelings for Karumi or how do people know that he's becoming aware of feelings for her? I guess what I'm trying to get at is how sure people are that the love triangle has been resolved.
Ahh It's kind of vague, but I think the spoilers are basically he comes more to terms with his feelings for Kurumi after her kidnapping.
I can only give you the information I've personally come across, and that information is that people are about 80% sure TakeshixKurumi is the OTP as of recent events?

From my understanding is that Gekkou gave Takeshi a complex about Kurumi, 1 is that being told he's flat out not good enough for her seems to weigh down on him and where he stands in respect to her. 2 is that he's aware of Gekkou's feelings toward her and is weighed down with guilt. 3 is the accident and his bad relationship with Gekkou weighs him down with even more guilt. All these things have prevented Takeshi from believing in the possibility that Kurumi loves him, as well as making him unable to move forward with his own feelings.

This is all just my own personal opinion/speculation though.

It's really about as much confirmation as I can offer.
Old 2014-03-03, 21:13   Link #411
tuckersister

Any luck of more info for Vol 7?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 06:00   Link #412
araragi92

Cover Volume VIII (release date: 25 March)

Spoiler for cover:

とある出逢いをきっかけに、魔法使いになった七瀬武は、世界がまだ二つに别れる前、魔法使いが现存世界で暮 らしていた顷に目覚める。彼は、龙泉寺和马と邂逅し、トレイラーが闘う理由を闻き、何が真実で、何を信じる べきなのか、これから自分が何をするべきなのか悩んでしまう。そんな折、武はトレイラーのアジトへの入り口 で月光と対峙する。自分の元から逃げ出し、解り合えない武に激昂する月光が永远を现出させ、袭いかかってく る。その时、武と行动を共にしていたソフィアが永远のことを自分の母亲であると言い出し……? 明かされる 魔剣と戦争の秘密。运命を识れ――。<br /><br />これは、别れた世界に生きる少年少女の运命……现代・本格魔法アクション第八弾!

If someone can translate...
araragi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 07:57   Link #413
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Fuck, the kanji usage is one damn complicated shit. Sorry, was watching AVGN recently.

Tried to use Rikaichan on it and a lot of the kanjis shows separated. Nope, too hard for me, may another have a better luck.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 08:11   Link #414
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by araragi92 View Post
Cover Volume VIII (release date: 25 March)

Spoiler for cover:

とある出逢いをきっかけに、魔法使いになった七瀬武は、世界がまだ二つに别れる前、魔法使いが现存世界で暮 らしていた顷に目覚める。彼は、龙泉寺和马と邂逅し、トレイラーが闘う理由を闻き、何が真実で、何を信じる べきなのか、これから自分が何をするべきなのか悩んでしまう。そんな折、武はトレイラーのアジトへの入り口 で月光と対峙する。自分の元から逃げ出し、解り合えない武に激昂する月光が永远を现出させ、袭いかかってく る。その时、武と行动を共にしていたソフィアが永远のことを自分の母亲であると言い出し……? 明かされる 魔剣と戦争の秘密。运命を识れ――。<br /><br />これは、别れた世界に生きる少年少女の运命……现代・本格魔法アクション第八弾!

If someone can translate...
Holy....is that Kurumi?
Old 2014-03-05, 08:27   Link #415
G0rd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Holy....is that Kurumi?
They do look alike but i don't think Kurumi was ever that cool
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:18   Link #416
Kadi
知識の探求者

Summary of the teaser text... (if only it were all kanji and kana, not (sorry) crap in between~~)

Spoiler for Mehh:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:27   Link #417
zerodragon

Quote:
Summary of the teaser text... (if only it were all kanji and kana, not (sorry) crap in between~~)

Spoiler for Mehh:
Spoiler for question:
Old 2014-03-05, 12:28   Link #418
Kadi
知識の探求者

That happened in the volume 6 teaser text...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:29   Link #419
zerodragon

Quote:
That happened in the volume 6 teaser text...
oh, thank you
Old 2014-03-05, 12:39   Link #420
araragi92

Quote:

Spoiler for Mehh:
Thanks for the translation.

There is not much spoilers for the volume 7, maybe Kurumi and Mui are save now in the volume 8.
araragi92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love triangle, mf bunko j, ntr, weapon-ntr