1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 20:35   Link #1821
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
Mmmm lets hope for a 3rd season! Code Geass : Spice and Geass R3

XD
I think I rather have short net movies or oav. A movie I think will still be too short in my opinion.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:35   Link #1822
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I still can't get over the fact that I was right about something I joked about. Orange working in an Orange plantation >____>;

AND IT MAKES ME LOL SO MUCH. ORANGEEEEEE~~~~~~~
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:36   Link #1823
Aerix

Hey guys! I didn't search the 91 pages of this thread so if it's on already forgive me, but if not, let me present you this:

Lelouch is still alive. He has Charles' Code which he received when the man choked him. The Code activates first when you die, which happened. And before you say can't have Code and a Geass at the same time, the Code wasn't the one C.C. had, meaning that Lelouch was the first one to achieve Code Geass. He's now travelling the country-side with C.C., living as immortals.

That's the only reason for C.C. to be suddenly so happy again. Also, before you say that C.C. was just talking to the dead like with Marianne, that's not true. She could only talk to her because of the nature of her Geass which allowed her to implant herself into the "hearts" of others. That's how she was able to talk with Marianne. Lelouch's Geass was entirely different, meaning that she could only have spoken to him if he was there.

Also, the screenie of the cart driver who is masking his features competely supports this.

What further supports this is that Nunnally got Lelouch's memories when she touched her, just like Lelouch did when he touched C.C. back in Narita. The only way this could have happened is his Code activating. This pretty much confirms that he has the Code and is alive.

C.C.'s words in the end translated: "Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you... well, I guess thats a little wrong... eh, Lelouch"

PS: That's not mine!

Enjoy
Aerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:36   Link #1824
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Theres not enough left unsaid for an entire season, come ON now. Theres enough for an OVA, or a movie, but nothing more.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:36   Link #1825
5_of_Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
HAHAHA..I actually found the Lelouch thing to be true. If you're not with him, your popularity drops like a rock!
So if the series actually killed Lelouch dead instead of leaving it ambiguous, would its popularity drop like a rock too?
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:36   Link #1826
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Absolutely awesome show. One of if not the best for 2008.
This anime will remain high up there in animation history... timeless classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_of_Spades View Post
So if the series actually killed Lelouch dead instead of leaving it ambiguous, would its popularity drop like a rock too?
lol... another good point?? killing lelouch would cause a small riot
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:36   Link #1827
z0rr023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai View Post
Dude, Lelouch is alive/still alive. Keep watching the episode over and over again until you understand it.
hehe, it doesn't matter anyway whether lulu is alive or not.....because, if he's dead, he died with honor, to make the world's peace...........if he's alive, he will live with CC happily ever after............

both cases seem good to me.......the writer is very good to create an ending....also to make it ambigious
z0rr023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:36   Link #1828
Ashura Shamshir
The Violin The Poets Hand

Hmm…this final episode was sort of ok…oh well.

Is Lulu alive?

Some of us believe that lulu died and some of us believe that lulu yet still lives. The following just a few passing thoughts.

- Lulu tells C.C. that he will grant her final wish, which is the desire to live not die, and also to be truly loved?

- In order to do this Lulu must take her code from her in order to end her eternal suffering, then after this he (or someone) has to truly love her?

- If Lulu takes C.C’s code then he becomes an immortal and C.C will become mortal, yes?

- If Lulu is immortal when he is impaled by Suzaku’s sword then he will not die, obviously.

- If Lulu is mortal then he’s dead meat, obviously.

- If Lulu died then who took C.C’s code?

- If C.C is freed from her immortality, then she should not have any powers to communicate with the dead from the C.C world?

- Suzaku accepts the geass Lulu gives to him? But is this geass the same geass that Lulu weilds? Or was it the conceptual geass ‘’the peoples geass’’ Lulu spoke of earlier in the episode?

- If Suzaku is now immortal then did C.C give him her code? But how can this be if Suzaku possesses no true geass of his own?

- In order for a transfer of a code from one host to another is a geass a prerequisite?

- If Suzaku is now a immortal then Lulu sure got a easy deal with his whole dying bollocks….oh well, what a plonker.

Overall episode score 6/10.
Ashura Shamshir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:37   Link #1829
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rr023 View Post
hehe, it doesn't matter anyway whether lulu is alive or not.....because, if he's dead, he died with honor, to make the world's peace...........if he's alive, he will live with CC happily ever after............

both cases seem good to me.......the writer is very good to create an ending....also to make it ambigious
Hey, works for me, ambiguity on deaths FTW!
Old 2008-09-28, 20:38   Link #1830
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
the ending still seemed kind of open to me. like first of all it really seems that lelouch is dead yet.....

1. why did C.C. let him die?
2. how is she talking to him at the end?

them things are just a bit confusing. I mean it would be possible that he got the code (but did not kill C.C.) and then after he was said to be "dead" he went into hiding. but that is also unlikely..... but then again Nannally saw them memories that Lelouch had, and we have seen that happen only when someone touches someone else with the code.

so its kind of strange. maybe he does have one now, or maybe he is dead. i guess we wont know for sure unless they make a season 3 or have some kind of extra thing. (maybe a last movie?)
NettoSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:39   Link #1831
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I would hate for another Geass series to be made. Just like Gundam and Terminator, you'll eventually run it into the ground. Let the dead stay dead. Even EVA has lost is sparkle with the latest remake.
Though I agree with you, please don't compare Code Geass with Gundam. Although it was obviously a mecha series, unlike Gundam, it wasn't the entire premise of the show. I agree with you about Terminator, though. They should have stopped at #2.

Again, the only way I would approve of a new Code Geass series is if it were set in, say, the far future (like 100 years later) where something threatens the peace that Lelouch died for, with new characters, locations, etc. Maybe show some stuff from another former "Area" other than Japan or throw in more ethnic groups or create a hypothetical futuristic ethnic group from a country/organization that doesn't exist today. Or something like that. I would fully support something like that. What I wouldn't support is continuing the series and have Lelouch alive/immortal again, because it would seriously be offensive to the parallel sacrifice that Suzaku made to the Zero Requiem. And it would cheapen the ending that we just watched.
Old 2008-09-28, 20:43   Link #1832
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NettoSaito View Post
the ending still seemed kind of open to me. like first of all it really seems that lelouch is dead yet.....

them things are just a bit confusing. I mean it would be possible that he got the code (but did not kill C.C.) and then after he was said to be "dead" he went into hiding. but that is also unlikely..... but then again Nannally saw them memories that Lelouch had, and we have seen that happen only when someone touches someone else with the code.

so its kind of strange. maybe he does have one now, or maybe he is dead. i guess we wont know for sure unless they make a season 3 or have some kind of extra thing. (maybe a last movie?)
1. I don't think C.C. had a choice in the matter. It wasn't her decision to make.

2. She's not really talking to him in the literal sense. Just as Kallen wasn't actually talking to him. They were talking to themselves, or rather, his memory. Because (this is gonna sound cheesy) he lives on in them. Just as people who mourn those who have died "talk" to the loved ones they have lost, C.C. and Kallen are doing much the same thing.
Old 2008-09-28, 20:47   Link #1833
scifijimmy

I get why Lelouch had to appear to die, but did he ask Suzaku to kill him because of his single moral, those that shoot should be prepared to be shot?
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:48   Link #1834
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NettoSaito View Post

1. My theory? She let him go and prayed that the code would take effect, whichever code I don't care, but I think that like me she had faith in him in the end, at the same time I'm inclined to have faith in his promise to return to her and give her a smile.

2. That's what me and about half the fan-base are currently speculating right now

Yup, strange things, but you know what, I think the explanations can wait and just that they leave the possibility open that he is alive should be the main priority to focus on. Hoping for extra material confirmation here as well to confirm
Old 2008-09-28, 20:48   Link #1835
praeceps
King on a Boat

To everyone who believes Lelouch is dead, we saw him alive up close for a few seconds (not just in the distance shot).

Spoiler for The Cart Driver's face up close:

That's pretty much guaranteed to be Lelouch; the eye color is right, the hair color is right, the skin color is right, and the shape of the face is easily within the range of face shapes used for Lelouch since his face shape tended to vary slightly depending on the scene.
praeceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:49   Link #1836
Menshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
2. She's not really talking to him in the literal sense. Just as Kallen wasn't actually talking to him. They were talking to themselves, or rather, his memory. Because (this is gonna sound cheesy) he lives on in them. Just as people who mourn those who have died "talk" to the loved ones they have lost, C.C. and Kallen are doing much the same thing.
Well actually... C.C was talking to a living person and Kallen was having an internal monologue (aka her lips weren't moving it's called talking to yourself) So your point is void.
Menshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:49   Link #1837
eaglei3

Please stop posting that fake fanmade gif of Lelouch being the wagon driver.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:49   Link #1838
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by praeceps View Post
You do realize we saw that Lelouch was alive.

Confirmed to be fan-made I believe, ah well, we still have hope my friend so long as they leave it up to our imagination
Old 2008-09-28, 20:51   Link #1839
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Confirmed to be fan-made I believe, ah well, we still have hope my friend so long as they leave it up to our imagination
Considering no single establishing shot in this show has ever been that long.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:51   Link #1840
scifijimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Please stop posting that fake fanmade gif of Lelouch being the wagon driver.
Yeah I can't see this series as ending on a up beat, and gif's like that make it harder.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote