AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-03, 18:30   Link #241
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
She would probably see him as a cool role model who can convince her to eat her vegetables without even trying.
Vegetables? Isn't he the curry fairy? (Watch season 3 if you don't get it.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 18:33   Link #242
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

i saw that, but remember curry has vegetables in it too.

He also got her into eating carrots. look it up.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 19:20   Link #243
HandofFate

I think Chiaki would be scared of Hosaka if she faced him closely.
Even though she acts 'highly' of herself, we're reminded consistently that she is still just an elementary school student.

I think she would mind her manners, especially around someone around Haruka's age bracket. You rarely ever see her interact with Haruka's friends either, other than Hayami.
Old 2013-02-03, 21:16   Link #244
Clarste
Human

Chiaki already met Hosaka. She thought he was awesome, in a sort of childish way. If Hosaka became closer to the family I think she'd probably treat him how she treats Fujioka.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 22:27   Link #245
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
^ I don't think that's gonna happen if Chiaki met Hosaka.

She would probably see him as a cool role model who can convince her to eat her vegetables without even trying.
That's true...but then all Hosaka would have to do is admit his intentions to her beloved Haruka-neesama and Hosaka would have to rely more on stripping to charm Chiaki

Quote:
Kana would just troll Hosaka all day just like Hayami.

That's what I meant. She'd get along fabulously with him, because then she'd have another victim to troll
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 22:50   Link #246
sikvod00

I believe Hosaka is "immune" to trolling in the sense that he doesn't react negatively to the hilarious situations that others (mainly that one girl) get him into. Trolling is best when the victim realizes they are\have been trolled; there's the satisfaction of provoking someone and making them feel humiliated. But Hosaka is so naive and straightforward and so much into his delusions\fantasies that he doesn't consider that he is being tricked or played for a fool. He goes with the flow and "adapts" to any situation as if that was his intent all along (e.g. accepting the kettle and totally forgetting it was a plate). It also helps that his sense of dignity and shame are not of this world. That's what makes him both cool and a loser, IMO.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 00:10   Link #247
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Late to the party, I know, but when did Fujioka become so desperate, clingy, manly and hilarious? Ok, I can figure out the desperate part by myself, I mean, it's been three/two seasons with no progress concerning Kana, so yeah, the guy is losing it. What I never expected was for him to go full Hosaka because of it, but my god, I sure welcome it! I expected nothing but a couple giggles from this episode, all of them from Keiko dealing with Kana, but I literally couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire first segment, all thanks to Fujioka. And then the laughter began all over again with the plan roulette segment and his obsession with famires. And of course, the end with him going insane with the handholding was beautiful. Everything worked so well it's hard to believe. Props to Akira for doing his best to help the guy without getting abused (too much).

I think we can all be 100% sure that Feel is doing things right. Here's to some more hilarity (and Mako-chan) next week
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 00:12   Link #248
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

His Hosaka turn I think is how he interpreted Akira's advise.
Old 2013-02-04, 00:39   Link #249
Clarste
Human

As much as I love Hosaka, I don't think the show needs two of them. Fujioka's funnier when Kana's the one being oblivious.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 06:30   Link #250
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
As much as I love Hosaka, I don't think the show needs two of them. Fujioka's funnier when Kana's the one being oblivious.
Nah, Fujioka is not a replica of Hosaka, in that he is not as confident as Hosaka. I don't think anyone could rival his level of outrageous antics. Perhaps Kana, I guess.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2013-02-04 at 06:42.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 09:30   Link #251
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmmm... perhaps the Minami brothers have some sort of pheromone effect that causes their sempai to go a little crazy?

Fujioka- stop hanging out with Akira before the effect becomes permanent.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2013-02-05 at 09:24.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 15:41   Link #252
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In looking back to the first season, Fujioka was always that excitable when he accomplishes one of his Kana tasks. He did pretty much the same form of cheering when he finally gave her a present (for New Years instead of Christmas due to his lateness).

I am still not sure if Akira knows why Fujioka seems angry at him all the time (the Love Square between Akira, Fujioka, Kana, and Riko, of which Kana is oblivious and everyone else has misunderstanding).
Old 2013-02-04, 16:39   Link #253
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure we'd be right to call it a love square. The only line between Kana and Akira is in Fujioka's head.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 23:09   Link #254
X207
Gamyūsa

lol, looks like Fujioka had a Hoasaka effect. he was more sucessful yet overreacting too much its creepy. the episode was very funny though i dont think i can take this as an every ep behaviour.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 23:22   Link #255
Elestia

Some of the gags were really drawn out. Not as funny as the previous episodes.
Old 2013-02-05, 03:12   Link #256
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I assume others noticed that in Fujioka's imagination, Riko and Keiko seem to be lesbian lovers.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:22   Link #257
FateAnomaly

I like fujioka and kana skits best. Poor fujioka, its tough to love someone so dense. Yet, if he but tell kana in a straightforward way, he would probably succeed. Of course, that is not gonna ever happen since the show trives on misunderstanding and not romance.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 08:15   Link #258
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not sure we'd be right to call it a love square. The only line between Kana and Akira is in Fujioka's head.
Akira type is Riko. Though he is so desperate Keiko is fine too.

Keiko surreptitiously supports Fujioka in getting Kana even if she knows Riko harassing her about Fujioka.

But this episode seems to me with Fujioka's Hosaka-like antics Keiko is starting to notice Fujioka.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 07:57   Link #259
Snuffle
likes cute things

Fujioka can't become a clone of Hosaka, it's impossible, futile, unachievable. Hosaka's DNA is something that can't be understood, he is the true final boss, the untouchable, the undefeatable. Don't even try to use your lvl.99 analyze skill on him, he's beyond human comprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
No, no. Hosaka should be in the shounen genre.
Just imagine if we took the setting in Miname-ke and switch it to a shoujo genre. All the girls in the class will be fawning at him. Atsuko would be adoring and taking care of him (I personally ship her and Hosaka together). Maki would be jealous, Hayami and maybe Haruka would try to steal him, and Chiaki would see him as the true father figure. And of course Hosaka would be the main character.

Last edited by Snuffle; 2013-02-06 at 09:12.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 11:23   Link #260
maximilianjenus
[E]

so, now that fujioka's arc is over, whose arcs are left ? I don't remember the actual name but the second-oldest minami brother still has not had his arc, right ? so it's him and who else ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, daily life, seinen, trap