Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 22:41   Link #1381
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
Was it ever explained why Rina was screwing up so often during her rehearsals before the concert, in episode 11? Was it because of the pressure of the "competition" or because her brother was now more interested in grooming Yuki than her?
I think a little bit of both, but more so with her brother tossing her aside. Touya could have had something to do with it, but that is incredibly unlikely since she tosses him aside once he upset her.
Old 2009-04-12, 09:37   Link #1382
Hamchan
The World Ends With Me!

Ok, didn't really have the urge to read through the thread so i'll ask it here.
Is this series worth watching? I do like anime that focus on show biz like skip beat and I also like romance. However I couldn't really follow the plot of the 1st episode. So should I use my bandwidth on this?
Hamchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 12:14   Link #1383
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamchan View Post
Ok, didn't really have the urge to read through the thread so i'll ask it here.
Is this series worth watching? I do like anime that focus on show biz like skip beat and I also like romance. However I couldn't really follow the plot of the 1st episode. So should I use my bandwidth on this?
White Album doesn't put much focus on show biz, but more on the drama between the characters. Watch the second episode to see if you life it. The second episode is really when the ball gets rolling (as much as it possibly can since this is a slow paced series after all).
Old 2009-04-19, 04:54   Link #1384
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
i just wanna say that i got hooked on the character songs... i can't seem to stop listening to them ^_^
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 08:32   Link #1385
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubZ View Post
i just wanna say that i got hooked on the character songs... i can't seem to stop listening to them ^_^
haha, yeah.. they are good. I prefer Rina's myself.

And on a side note, love that signature banner. heh.
Old 2009-04-19, 09:49   Link #1386
Copycatken

Quote:
Same here. Although I also prefer Rina's songs, especially "Glass no Hana". The character song album for Rina Ogata ranked at #12 this week on the Oricon charts
Old 2009-04-19, 19:15   Link #1387
TubZzz
*IT Support

Quote:
Same here. Although I also prefer Rina's songs, especially "Glass no Hana". The character song album for Rina Ogata ranked at #12 this week on the Oricon charts
#12... that's pretty decent for a character song from an anime series

what about Yuki's single... where is that ranked?
Old 2009-04-20, 10:51   Link #1388
Copycatken

Quote:
what about Yuki's single... where is that ranked?
Looks like Yuki's single ranked 23rd on the weekly Oricon charts for the week of April 13th.
Old 2009-04-20, 20:06   Link #1389
TubZzz
*IT Support

Quote:
Looks like Yuki's single ranked 23rd on the weekly Oricon charts for the week of April 13th.
that's ok i guess... as long as i'm enjoying the song i don't mind where it gets ranked ^_^
Old 2009-04-21, 03:34   Link #1390
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
I think the rankings are about right. If you listen to Mizuki's singing, she's definitely a lot stronger and as someone's mentioned, "Glass Flower" has got to be one of the best works she's done recently because of how emotionally poignant it is. "SOUND OF DESTINY" isn't all that great, but given the source material, I'm going to forgive her for that.

In case people are interested, I've put clips of pieces from both albums if people want to give them a listen. I'd highly recommend Mizuki's performance for reasons I highlighted above but I'd like to add that Hirano doesn't do too shabby a job either.

Character CD 1: Yuki Morikawa - Aya Hirano
Character CD 2: Rin Ogata - Nana Mizuki
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 03:39   Link #1391
kyosak
poo

Rina's character character songs are so win!
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 09:39   Link #1392
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Funny I preferred Sound of Destiny. (maybe 'cause it is 'old school', and better than the source material)
Old 2009-04-21, 14:10   Link #1393
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
That's a shame... Have her White Album on my MP3 all the time too.
Then again, seeing as how so many people hate her for a somewhat mysterious reason, this rank isn't too surprising.
Completely forgot the existence of Rina's song though... Need to find it when I get free time, perhaps...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 15:53   Link #1394
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Funny I preferred Sound of Destiny. (maybe 'cause it is 'old school', and better than the source material)
I preferred Glass no Hana for the lyrics. They are more catchy and memorable although kinda cheesy. ie: "Am I in your heart? I want to ask but I can't" and "We can't return to being friends, even if we can't be lovers".
Old 2009-04-22, 01:00   Link #1395
Key Board
Carbon

Aya Hirano can sing, but Mizuki Nana is a PROFESSIONAL singer.

That's what she did before voice acting. She's the reason King Record (King Record typically publishes her songs) sponsored this anime.

Is it that strange that her CD sold more than Aya Hirano's?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 12:07   Link #1396
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The sales figures seem about right to me. Nana is far more skilled and popular as a singer. And neither song is really top five material.

For some reason, however, I find Nana's style hard to relate to emotionally. It seems fakey and overblown to me. I like some enka, but maybe it's the echoes of enka in her style that do it to me, I don't know. I admire her skill, but don't usually enjoy it. I enjoyed the OP to this show, though.

Aya is much less skilled, but I get more immediacy and emotion from her singing. I enjoy the simplicity of White Album. Just to spread her name, I'll add that Hayami Saori blows them both away, for me, with more real musicality than Nana and more emotion than Aya.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 14:38   Link #1397
Key Board
Carbon

That's quite random
Old 2009-04-22, 16:14   Link #1398
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
That's quite random
Hey, and I thought I was agreeing with you. I guess only partly, though, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 23:27   Link #1399
Key Board
Carbon

Well, I just thought that jumping to Hayami Saori was quite random. I was scratching my head for a moment since I couldn't find her name in the White Album roster. Then I realized... there's no connection. Giggle.

::goes back to waiting for season 2::
Old 2009-04-23, 14:12   Link #1400
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
I preferred Glass no Hana for the lyrics. They are more catchy and memorable although kinda cheesy. ie: "Am I in your heart? I want to ask but I can't" and "We can't return to being friends, even if we can't be lovers".
Well I can't understand the lyrics, and it's not really the kind of song style I'm usually fond of.

But the examples provided are quite relevant to the characters.

(further off topic)
And tossing in favorite singers/VAs... Maaya Sakamoto. (Though on Night Flight there's maybe only one or two songs that I really liked)

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen