AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2007-07-11, 08:55   Link #81
mdauben

Thumbs up

I just got my copy of the second AMG season 2 DVD, along with the season box. Like the individial DVD packaging, it's a nice match for the season 1 box that Media Blasters did. Nice touch by ADV, and the two boxes are going to look good on my DVD rack together.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 11:08   Link #82
ClaFanN1
Banned

I only saw few eps of first season and for some reason i really wasn't forced to see anything more, the new Belldandy looks are soo odd and strange definatelly not the Belldandy that made Amg so popular once.
5 thumbs down to the amg TV series.
ClaFanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 12:19   Link #83
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
I only saw few eps of first season and for some reason i really wasn't forced to see anything more, the new Belldandy looks are soo odd and strange definatelly not the Belldandy that made Amg so popular once.
5 thumbs down to the amg TV series.
It's a matter of taste, I suppose. I think the Belldandy from the two TV series is much more attractive than the one from either the original manga or the old OVA.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 22:31   Link #84
happyfoosball

Send a message via AIM to happyfoosball
When you get the box set does it include the japanese audio tracks with English subs? Because I don't want to deal with English voice actors. But i'd like to get the box set at some point.
happyfoosball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 04:14   Link #85
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfoosball View Post
When you get the box set does it include the japanese audio tracks with English subs? Because I don't want to deal with English voice actors. But i'd like to get the box set at some point.
The official English release of AMG Season 2 by ADV contains both English and Japanese language tracks along with English subtitles. So if you don't want to listen to the English voice actors you can select the Japanese language track and English subtitles.

The only point I would like to make is that since you posted in the AMG Season 2 thread, I assume you are talking about the Season 2 box set. At this point in time only 4 of the 6 DVDs have been released so far (the 5th DVD is to be released on the 8th Jan and the last will be released around the start of March).

There hasn't been any official announcement of a complete Season 2 boxset yet. I'm sure it will be released (since they have released the complete AMG Season 1 boxset just a couple of weeks ago) but it might not be for a while.

Volume 2 of the AMG Season 2 is available with a box, but this is just a box to keep the 6 DVDs in.

If you have seen a complete AMG Season 2 boxset (with English subtitles) then it is most likely a bootleg.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 05:25   Link #86
happyfoosball

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The official English release of AMG Season 2 by ADV contains both English and Japanese language tracks along with English subtitles. So if you don't want to listen to the English voice actors you can select the Japanese language track and English subtitles.

The only point I would like to make is that since you posted in the AMG Season 2 thread, I assume you are talking about the Season 2 box set. At this point in time only 4 of the 6 DVDs have been released so far (the 5th DVD is to be released on the 8th Jan and the last will be released around the start of March).

There hasn't been any official announcement of a complete Season 2 boxset yet. I'm sure it will be released (since they have released the complete AMG Season 1 boxset just a couple of weeks ago) but it might not be for a while.

Volume 2 of the AMG Season 2 is available with a box, but this is just a box to keep the 6 DVDs in.

If you have seen a complete AMG Season 2 boxset (with English subtitles) then it is most likely a bootleg.

Ty sir. I probably won't have enough money until after graduation anyway which is a year from now. I am sure it will be out by then. But both season 1 and 2 box sets are two things i'd like. Although I doubt i'll be able to wait that long for the season 1 box set. They are expensive though.
Old 2007-12-09, 07:13   Link #87
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfoosball View Post
Although I doubt i'll be able to wait that long for the season 1 box set. They are expensive though.
The new Season 1 Box Set is cheap I think, more so when you get it from a online store. It's just been re-released in I assume some thinpack format.

Ah! My Goddess Season 1 Complete Collection $37.33 DVDPacific

There is also the older (released July 2006) and much more expensive Season 1 premium box-set. This boxset contains the nice box and six separate DVDs (in separate cases). See Amazon for an image of the boxset.

Ah! My Goddess Premium Box Set $105.50

Either of these include Japanese and English language tracks and English subtitles (as do most of the U.S. anime DVD releases).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 17:36   Link #88
happyfoosball

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The new Season 1 Box Set is cheap I think, more so when you get it from a online store. It's just been re-released in I assume some thinpack format.

Ah! My Goddess Season 1 Complete Collection $37.33 DVDPacific

There is also the older (released July 2006) and much more expensive Season 1 premium box-set. This boxset contains the nice box and six separate DVDs (in separate cases). See Amazon for an image of the boxset.

Ah! My Goddess Premium Box Set $105.50

Either of these include Japanese and English language tracks and English subtitles (as do most of the U.S. anime DVD releases).

Oh sweet. I was looking at the 100 dollar one. It was actually 150ish. 30-40 isn't bad at all though.
Old 2008-02-01, 07:07   Link #89
FroiLan

wow... AMG season 2... I'm really craving for it to be shown on TV...
Hope it will, love the anime, really...^_^...
FroiLan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 10:17   Link #90
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroiLan View Post
wow... AMG season 2... I'm really craving for it to be shown on TV...
Hope it will, love the anime, really...^_^...
If you get ADV's PPV "Anime Channel" on your cable, it is being shown there right now.
Old 2008-11-11, 03:08   Link #91
Solafighter
Hige

Well from my point of view, i like the first season a lot more than the second one.

The only exectption is Keiichi. He is funny as allways.
Old 2008-11-15, 15:32   Link #92
Jamiec20
AMG! Lover

Has season 2 been released in the UK by MVM yet? As a boxset? I hate buying the volumes and i already have season 1 on boxset so is there a season 2?
Jamiec20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 03:51   Link #93
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I like this show.
Old 2009-04-09, 04:34   Link #94
KimmyChan

I have the first volume of the second series of AMG, which looks like this sold over here:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/35634...rgedImage.html

But they haven't released any more volumes since unfortunately
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 03:54   Link #95
Manic
real men love pink

haha i bought season 2 a few weeks ago, this site had the season 2 dvds for 5 bucks each, so i got the box and the 6 dvds for 32 bucks(reason it was more was the box/dvd was 2 bucks more). I personally think season 2 was better than season 1 (jealous bell is too funny, i just love the stone face look she gets). The eng dub isnt so bad minus skuld who i have to turn the vol down every time she talks the voice will make your ears bleed.

really wish they would make some more seasons since there's plenty of material
Old 2009-04-11, 08:53   Link #96
TechnoToy

While I enjoyed season one of Ah! My Goddess, I was not really fond of the second season. the first season was good, but I felt that season 2 should have moved the story on a bit more. I think it would have been better if Keiichi and Belldandy's relationship deepened, Instead of still not kissing or anything. I would have liked to see little belldandys and keiichis running around.
TechnoToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 10:34   Link #97
Keeper

Having just completed the 1st and 2nd season, this show totally annoys me.

Spoiler:
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 05:49   Link #98
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Having just completed the 1st and 2nd season, this show totally annoys me.

Spoiler:
The AMG! TV show is based off certain chapters in the manga, which is ongoing. Both seasons put together skipped a lot and has only covered up till around Vol 14-15.

If you want to see what really happens, go get the manga!

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 11:20   Link #99
KimmyChan

I'm getting totally impatient for the release of more DVD volumes of this over here, but looks like it won't be happening
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote