AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2004-03-19, 22:41   Link #101
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator

Send a message via MSN to skreech
oh, got lost so i wasnt exactly sure which topic was getting people banned.

when it does start airing it'll only show on the anime network which my satellite provider doesnt carry at the moment (DirecTV). so i wont be able to finish watching it anytime soon. hopefull DirecTV will notice the huge flow of cash they're missing and add the Anime Network before the series starts airing.

Incidently, back in December i think, Newtype USA had an article on Maburaho before it got liscenced and just recently had one on Chrno Crusade, i hope Fullmetal Alchemist isnt next since they spot lighted it not too long ago.
skreech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 20:07   Link #102
Nephillim

.........anything featured on Newtype USA GETS licensed....... I learnt that painful lesson one too many times...........

Funny.... Newtype USA's available in Singapore, but not USA Anime DVDs.......

*Eyes credit card*
Nephillim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 21:43   Link #103
Blade556

Exclamation

I dont know about you guys, and this PROBABLY was mantioned somewhere earlier in the topic, but don't you think the whoe prospect of Chrno Crusade, and all the plots that it is based on, MIGHT lead ot a bit of controversy here in the west?

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE this anime, but I think the whole idea of Demons and...umm..."Holy People" working together MIGHT be a little unsettling to most of the peopple up here. Well, perhaps not in america, but in canada i'm ALMOST certain that this show might make waves...if you follow me.

I hope this anime gets played in north america very soon, and with no resistance. Im just stating a fact that MIGHT come up...
Blade556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 22:40   Link #104
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I doubt it'll cause many issues in Canada. For the most part anime is
still not that widely known in Canada, it's still viewed primarily as a "for
children" thing. I'm not saying there aren't fans, but unless you're willing
to pay through the nose it's not that accessible and there is very little
that actually makes it onto television. I could see issues arising if it was
shown during primetime on a station like YTV, but that's as likely to
happen as seeing YTV show Hellsing. If it did, I'm sure it would only take
a couple hours before the legions of overly concerned parents and
religious fanatics began raising a stink over it (note: there is actually
the Concerns Parents Association of Canada). If you doubt it, there
were complaints over Pokemon and Digimon; parents had issues over
seeing small cute creatures fight and injure each other.

That's the draw back of living in a country that tries to please everyone
and is as politically correct as possible. Everyone's opinion matters, no
matter how uninformed or otherwise.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 23:05   Link #105
method

i doubt that Chrno Crusade will cause too much uproar since it will be limited to dvd buyers and the anime network. The US has survived Evangelion, so CC shouldn't be a problem.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 12:10   Link #106
ion

are we allowed to discuss eps that have come out after the licence here ie: ep 16 or is this forum now dead?
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 12:56   Link #107
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion
are we allowed to discuss eps that have come out after the licence here ie: ep 16 or is this forum now dead?
Seeing how we have a DVD & Licensed section, this whole entire group might get merged into one topic there and allow continued discussion (spreading of distribution would still be forbidden) of the story.

But that's up to the mods. They might let this entire subgroup stay as well *shrug*...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 13:21   Link #108
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion
We have (or had have in the past) a number of series specific forums for series which became licensed. This forum (Chrno Crusade) will remain where it is for a while and will not be merged with the DVD & Licensed forum, eventually (when the series is over and discussion has died down), it will be moved into the Older Series Discussion forum, which currently houses the FMP and KgNE forums.

You are still allowed to discuss Chrno Crusade as before, except for one aspect. You are no longer allowed to mention where you download episodes from. As it states in the forum rules...
  • Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
    As described in Fansubbing and Licensing fansubs are technically illegal as they breach copyright. However as AnimeSuki.com does not wish to be associated with piracy, discussions about unlawfully getting licensed anime or manga or even DVD rips are not allowed. This means it is not allowed to post links to sites with such licensed material or ways to obtain it illegally, or ask for links or instructions to be emailed or PM'ed to you. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.

Discussion about the series is fine, you may talk about the plot, story, characters as before. But just don't start off by saying "I just downloaded the latest episode...." or asking where you can find the downloads.

Please also note that this thread is not meant to be used for discussion of the series, it is about the fact that ADV has now licensed Chrno Crusade.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 13:22   Link #109
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Seeing how we have a DVD & Licensed section, this whole entire group might get merged into one topic there and allow continued discussion (spreading of distribution would still be forbidden) of the story.

But that's up to the mods. They might let this entire subgroup stay as well *shrug*...
They did that with the old Gundam Seed forum, but eventually they just put it back in the "Series Discussion" section and placed a notice on it that its licensed... I guess they might do something similar to this.

But you can still talk about Ep 16+ here.

EDIT: A bit late I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
a number of series specific forums for series which became licensed
"A number of series" was actually just one... I guess Getbackers got licensed too but that was after the big forum move
Old 2004-03-28, 01:10   Link #110
Lordns

Well this certainly sucks...

People shouldn't be hopelessly depressed about it though because on other forums i have found that people are still fansubbing the raws and hosting them.

I really wish that the people who license the anime that we all love would all wait for the whole series to come out.. I mean come on episode 14 they stopped.. That was really mean.

In any case i just hope that they don't do it to Naruto =()
Lordns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 02:46   Link #111
rangerbob067

Naruto? Probably.. These film people have nothing better to do then ruin it for ppl who cant afford or dont want to watch their crappy dubbed animes... its sad really -_- But hey, its america.. when they can sue u .. they will

rangerbob067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 19:41   Link #112
InuChrno

Im new and don't understand some stuff

Yeah, I guess the title gives most of it away. i'm new here and I had the privilage to watch the first couple episodes of Chrno Crusade. But now I'm hearing and seeing that it's been lisensed. What does that mean? Is there still a way to download them? Are they going to be on in America? thanks if you help! This will help me alot. I've been going crazy searching for episodes!
InuChrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 21:24   Link #113
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuChrno
Yeah, I guess the title gives most of it away. i'm new here and I had the privilage to watch the first couple episodes of Chrno Crusade. But now I'm hearing and seeing that it's been lisensed. What does that mean? Is there still a way to download them? Are they going to be on in America? thanks if you help! This will help me alot. I've been going crazy searching for episodes!
It means that the the right to broadcast this anime has been acquired by a legal company. As this site stated its their policy not to publicise fansub downloads of licensed shows, you would not find any info on where to download them. You are also asked not to go around on this site asking where to download them or to publicise where they can be downloaded. Disobeying this would result in a ban or other punishment.

You can talk about the content of the series, including ongoing episodes and your opinions on it. But no "download where?"-type discussion.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 23:19   Link #114
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
I say lets organise a protest against ADV and pressure em till they unlicense it (yah right)...

plan b: attack adv headquarters and destroy whatever it is they have in thier buildings...

so anyone know where they are located ?
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 00:31   Link #115
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
I say lets organise a protest against ADV and pressure em till they unlicense it (yah right)...

plan b: attack adv headquarters and destroy whatever it is they have in thier buildings...

so anyone know where they are located ?
You got to be kidding. Why would anyone want to attack ADV. You don't have any rights to Chrno Crusade and your childish threat don't help you. Maybe we should start a protest against leechers like you.
Old 2004-05-27, 21:49   Link #116
Just a subtitler ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
You got to be kidding. Why would anyone want to attack ADV. You don't have any rights to Chrno Crusade and your childish threat don't help you. Maybe we should start a protest against leechers like you.
Besides, we're in Texas; even human wave attacks wouldn't exhaust our ready supply of firearms and ammunition! ^_^ (and that's just the private stocks of the employees...)
AvatarADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 02:03   Link #117
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
Quote:

Uh oh another follower of ADV's amercanization of anime... I hope you stub a toe and hit your shin on a coffee table.. oh and that a child makes fun of your nose, serves you right
DistortedRealmS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 11:32   Link #118
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedRealmS
Uh oh another follower of ADV's amercanization of anime... I hope you stub a toe and hit your shin on a coffee table.. oh and that a child makes fun of your nose, serves you right
Old 2004-05-29, 01:09   Link #119
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedRealmS
I do declare. I think we have a misinformed troll. Are you still mad that the evil anime companies took away your precious anime and made it available to the masses. You are just mad because you didn't win an Academy Award.

Oh yeah you are not supporting anime by downloading fansubs.
Old 2004-05-30, 18:31   Link #120
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Quote:
wow. don't u have a sense humor?
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote