AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-09-03, 17:55   Link #1
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

The Post Your Anime Club's Picture Thread

Anime is becoming more mainstream than ever before, so the chances are your school will have a Anime Club! Therefore this is the thread for you to show off yours club here.

Here's mine!
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-09-03, 20:03   Link #2
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

so what exactly do you guys do in an anime club? back when i was in High School or even college in
Southern California, there weren't anything regarding anime club...so I'm just kinda curious.
Old 2014-09-03, 20:35   Link #3
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
so what exactly do you guys do in an anime club? back when i was in High School or even college in
Southern California, there weren't anything regarding anime club...so I'm just kinda curious.
Watch animes (obviously), play video games, social with (new as well) members, special events such as "Lady's Night" for our female members, trip to various conventions and places(we're going to Mitsuwa, NJ, for Japanese food next!) and such.

There cosplaying party in our student center too!

And lastly we all dreamed of going to the Mecca of anime, Japan.
Old 2014-09-03, 20:49   Link #4
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

If I posted a pic relevant to this thread, it'd be a selfie.
Old 2014-09-03, 21:06   Link #5
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
If I posted a pic relevant to this thread, it'd be a selfie.
As long as it relevant to the thread, I won't mind unless you are (unless there're rules here against it).
Old 2014-09-03, 21:09   Link #6
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
As long as it relevant to the thread, I won't mind unless you are (unless there're rules here against it).
What I'm saying is, I am not part of an anime club. What I'm saying is, I'm 30 and I live in a small, rural town, and I have no IRL friends who like anime, and it is kinda hard to find people my age who are into it that I can befriend.

It'll be even harder to find a woman who likes anime who would be into me and I'd be into her and we would enter a relationship. If I don't end up finding a woman to get into a serious relationship with who likes anime, so be it, but it'd be nice to find someone I'd want to marry that shares some of my hobbies.
Old 2014-09-03, 21:19   Link #7
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
What I'm saying is, I am not part of an anime club. What I'm saying is, I'm 30 and I live in a small, rural town, and I have no IRL friends who like anime, and it is kinda hard to find people my age who are into it that I can befriend.

It'll be even harder to find a woman who likes anime who would be into me and I'd be into her and we would enter a relationship. If I don't end up finding a woman to get into a serious relationship with who likes anime, so be it, but it'd be nice to find someone I'd want to marry that shares some of my hobbies.
Oh I see, than I wish you good luck in finding a partner that shared the same interests as you.
Old 2014-09-03, 22:58   Link #8
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Watch animes (obviously), play video games, social with (new as well) members, special events such as "Lady's Night" for our female members, trip to various conventions and places(we're going to Mitsuwa, NJ, for Japanese food next!) and such.

There cosplaying party in our student center too!

And lastly we all dreamed of going to the Mecca of anime, Japan.
sounds nice and interactive. I would love to join an anime club too if I were still in school.
I love to spend some time travelling and eating some Japanese food to get
my mind off of work for once and enjoy the relaxation of anime club.

and really now, you can watch anime and play videogames in the club as well? that's
pretty laid back. lol...now you making me want to join the club and socialize with
people in the club. I need to learn how to socialize in society and having friends around
my age. all the people at my work are 50+ and above. like I can ever talks about anime with them.

well anyways, hope your club continue to strive and have lots of fun out there!
Old 2014-09-05, 09:05   Link #9
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

In a way, I'm rather jealous that you are able to form an anime club.

<Back In My Day Speech>

When I was a young lad, there was no such thing. Nobody I knew liked anime or even knew what anime was. Heck, it wasn't until Robotech (cringes) that I realized there was anime at all. Starblazers (American name for Space Battleship Yamato), Battle of the Planets, Speed Racer, nobody knew that those shows were actually anime. We all thought they were just cartoons that were drawn a bit different.

After Robotech aired, I made it my life's mission to learn everything I could about Macross and other anime, but in America, it was very, very underground. The only way you could watch any anime at all was by VHS tapes, usually bootlegged. Then, you had to actually know a place that sold or rented those, and these places were pretty rare. I got mine at the Los Angeles Comic Book and Science Fiction Conventions that were held every month. Fortunately I didn't have to walk uphill both ways barefoot in the snow to get there.

</Back In My Day Speech>

Now it's all too easy to enjoy anime with some friends and I'm glad for it. Enjoy your club.

Endless "Slightly jealous" Soul