AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-12, 12:51   Link #261
Wilshere

One thing is for sure, this ending will cause rage, especially for the anime-only viewers. They have only themselves to blame if they expect any other conclusion.
Old 2013-08-12, 14:03   Link #262
ExXentriK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
One thing is for sure, this ending will cause rage, especially for the anime-only viewers. They have only themselves to blame if they expect any other conclusion.
By extension, considering how popular and attaching all characters have become, rage is to be expected regardless of the ending.
Old 2013-08-13, 16:34   Link #263
Kakurin
大佐

Is it just me, or has the anime staff chosen not to change Kirino's hairstyle?
Old 2013-08-13, 16:52   Link #264
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Yeah,they really didn't change her hairsyle.It's sad because I think she looked a little bit more mature with the new fluffy Hairstyle. x3
Old 2013-08-14, 08:10   Link #265
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Its somewhat kinda fluffy if you look closely when she is sitting at the couch. Maybe at the wedding scene?
Old 2013-08-14, 08:31   Link #266
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Its somewhat kinda fluffy if you look closely when she is sitting at the couch. Maybe at the wedding scene?
Hmm I don't know.It doesn't seem to me that it's fluffy.If I remember correctly even her long bangs on the side should be a little bit curly by now.But they aren't in the trailer.
Well,whatever no one is going to notice this (at least the anime only viewers).I mean Kirino and Manami (and Kyousuke) even hadn't the conversation about the past...

EDIT:And the new hairstyle was for this conversation if I remember correctly;Kirino said something about preparing for the last boss with this new hairstyle
Old 2013-08-14, 09:51   Link #267
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Hmm I don't know.It doesn't seem to me that it's fluffy.If I remember correctly even her long bangs on the side should be a little bit curly by now.But they aren't in the trailer.
Well,whatever no one is going to notice this (at least the anime only viewers).I mean Kirino and Manami (and Kyousuke) even hadn't the conversation about the past...

EDIT:And the new hairstyle was for this conversation if I remember correctly;Kirino said something about preparing for the last boss with this new hairstyle
She changed her hairstyle prior to the volume 11 talk with Manami. But yeah, it is a minor thing, it just would have been nice to see Kirino in that more mature hairstyle.
Old 2013-08-14, 18:33   Link #268
iMACobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The latest rumour is that:

Spoiler for Rumour:

To be confirmed...
About this rumor, I read on discussion boards about people that came back from Otakon 2013 talking about Oreimo 2's controversial ending and none of them talked about this rumor like it never happened, going on about how the siblings get together and just break up in the end, causing no one to win and making lots of fans angry. Basically, I am just saying that this rumor seems to be false because no one mentions it.
Old 2013-08-14, 19:06   Link #269
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMACobra View Post
About this rumor, I read on discussion boards about people that came back from Otakon 2013 talking about Oreimo 2's controversial ending and none of them talked about this rumor like it never happened, going on about how the siblings get together and just break up in the end, causing no one to win and making lots of fans angry. Basically, I am just saying that this rumor seems to be false because no one mentions it.
Yes, as I said in my subsequent post, I too believe it was just a misunderstanding on the part of the person who stated it. (I think they just reversed "siblings until I graduate" with "siblings after I graduate", perhaps due to some ambiguity in the subs or confusion that Kirino meant her graduation from middle school not high school.) But, what Kirino actually whispered to Kyousuke when they came up with their agreement wasn't actually mentioned in the original source, so there is still curiosity about how exactly she said it.

In the end, regardless of this, the sum of what I've read suggests that the ending of the anime is exactly the same as presented in the LN, with the very same degree of ambiguity... so will basically result in the very same arguments that were had in the first place when the novel came out that have to do with how to properly interpret the epilogue.
Old 2013-08-17, 14:26   Link #270
seangel92

Soon, soon, soon and soon.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:04   Link #271
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Do enlighten me. The final episode is identical to the last chapter and epilogue. You have an immature lead who tramples over every single character, who has no sense of commitment or responsibility, or concern for anyone other than himself and his obsession (Kirino).

Quite frankly, the only thing this series managed to do is put a band aid on the "sibling" relationship between Kirino and Kyousuke.

Kyousuke, as a person, is still the same self-centered asshole from Kirino's childhood. The only thing that's changed is the target of his self-destructive behavior.

Some change.

Likewise, the lack of a real epilogue really leaves a lot of concern for his future. (Not in terms of Kirino, but rather a job, education, etc..) He gives off a really "washed up" vibe, for the above reasons.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:13   Link #272
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Quite frankly, the only thing this series managed to do is put a band aid on the "sibling" relationship between Kirino and Kyousuke.
Uh, I think the entire situation that caused the cold war has been more than completely resolved, and was given pretty darn complete closure with what happened with Manami. The premise of the anime itself about repairing their fractured relationship is quite resolved.

Quote:
You have an immature lead who tramples over every single character, who has no sense of commitment or responsibility, or concern for anyone other than himself and his obsession (Kirino). [...] Kyousuke, as a person, is still the same self-centered asshole from Kirino's childhood. The only thing that's changed is the target of his self-destructive behavior.

Some change.
How exactly was he supposed to be less of an "asshole" in this situation? He figured out his feelings, and stopped leading on the other girls in his life. He needed to commandeer that "asshole" part of himself from his past in order to stop the indecisiveness that was only going to result in problems anyway.

It's not like he isn't also aware of his limits and of society's bounds, but he can't very well leave an opening in this situation. Rejecting everyone else cleanly and with no ambiguity is a form of kindness, even if it's painful medicine at the time.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:30   Link #273
type-R!

Maybe it is just me but when I read the novels, in the end it made feel that there was an almost sure chance that they would continue their relationship after the second kiss. However I think I didn't quite felt the same with the anime, maybe because some scenes in the novels that helped create that feeling weren't included. Well, also maybe the fact that in the novels it doesn't exactly say where he kissed her and her reaction seems more much surprised than normal, that would have definitely given more hope to the anime-watchers.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:35   Link #274
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
Maybe it is just me but when I read the novels, in the end it made feel that there was an almost sure chance that they would continue their relationship after the second kiss. However I think I didn't quite felt the same with the anime, maybe because some scenes in the novels that helped create that feeling weren't included. Well, also maybe the fact that in the novels it doesn't exactly say where he kissed her and her reaction seems more much surprised than normal, that would have definitely given more hope to the anime-watchers.
Indeed some things of the novels are missing. Most notably for the ending the Mikagami conversation and Kirino asking Kyousuke to buy her that merchandise ring.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:51   Link #275
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
How exactly was he supposed to be less of an "asshole" in this situation? He figured out his feelings, and stopped leading on the other girls in his life. He needed to commandeer that "asshole" part of himself from his past in order to stop the indecisiveness that was only going to result in problems anyway.
Rather than being indecisive, what makes him an asshole is how he treats everything like a game. Whether the obnoxious outbursts he makes in regards to Kirino, or how he throws around the word "marriage" so casually. Nothing he says feels "serious" ...

That point is further proven when he casually he accepts Kirino's proposition.. It's as if he threw in the towel before he even gave it a chance. Pretty weak. Of course, he was probably going for a "what-if" scenario, just like in an eroge... but that's exactly what makes him immature. Real relationships aren't about "what-ifs".

Sure, he might have mended his relationship with his sister... But what do you think will happen to the girls? Things aren't going to slide so well when they find out the truth.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:56   Link #276
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Rather than being indecisive, what makes him an asshole is how he treats everything like a game. Whether the obnoxious outbursts he makes in regards to Kirino, or how he throws around the word "marriage" so casually. Nothing he says feels "serious" ...

That point is further proven when he casually he accepts Kirino's proposition.. It's as if he threw in the towel before he even gave it a chance. Pretty weak. Of course, he was probably going for a "what-if" scenario, just like in an eroge... but that's exactly what makes him immature. Real relationships aren't about "what-ifs".

Sure, he might have mended his relationship with his sister... But what do you think will happen to the girls? Things aren't going to slide so well when they find out the truth.
I can understand where you come from, as in the anime some important clarifications are missing. But I sure disagree that he is treating this as a game and I also think the proposition isn't what it seems to be on the surface. I have enclosed my interpretation I wrote after the novel came out:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3675
Old 2013-08-18, 04:05   Link #277
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Well,that's kinda the whole point.We don't really know what will happen next.We don't know if Kirino and Kyousuke really are returning to be just siblings or if they will continue their little secret realtionship (even though the author pointed out that he meant the two to be romantically together forever).Maybe they will continue and the other girls will be happy that their lost wasn't for nothing or they will be really angry about it because they were rejected without any reason.The only thing to say is that this story had to be like this (it had to look like a game) because degenki bunko etc. wouldn't allow a full fledged incest ending where Kirino and Kyousuke really are facing the society in a serious way.You have to draw your own picture in the end to really put an end to this story.
Old 2013-08-18, 04:30   Link #278
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
He says what he says because he's trying to get through to the person he's talking to.

a) To Kuroneko because he's made his decision and needs to get it off his chest even though breaking up with her was really hard.

b) To Kirino because she's stubborn and he needed to make sure she miss the point of what he was trying to say. (They both knew full well that marriage between the two of them was impossible, but the issue was making her admit her feelings.)

c) To Manami because he had to make it clear that he was choosing this path, even though it was objectively crazy (as Kirino points out).

He also has a pattern of resorting to rather extreme public displays as a way of making his point, as shown throughout the whole story. It's basically a sort of personal social suicide in order to get through to the other person. I don't think he intends it like a "game", but as a symbol of sincerity.

Quote:
He was deferring to her wishes in order to put her at ease, because he himself acknowledged that at this point in time he doesn't have the means to run off with her, nor did they have the desire to abandon their family and friends. At that point she was also still in middle school.

In the end, regardless of the form the relationship takes (since their desired form may not be feasible), his intention was still to clearly choose her above all the other women in his life, and that doesn't really change.

Quote:
It's not like he's "back on the market". If anything, I would think their friends will understand that them being in a clear romantic relationship isn't easy in their situation, but will realize their feelings for each other are the same no matter what. In practical terms "we're not dating" doesn't really change anything to anyone else.
Old 2013-08-18, 07:09   Link #279
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

So I just finished the OVA's, they were good I laughed, cried, and everything in-between. I feel better about everything seeing it put into anime, it's so hard to judge the ending of the novel since I'm a more visual person so seeing the OVA episodes put my mind at ease.

With that I'll get back to driving cross country I've wasted enough time watching anime on my phone using McDonald's wifi lol.
Old 2013-08-18, 09:55   Link #280
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
People still throw joke around in dangerous situations. Just because that words came from non-serious source doesn't mean he isn't serious himself. He used those words but fully understood what does they meant.
Quote:
He also didn't casually accpets Kirino's solution. He simply didn't have any other choices at that time. None at all.
Quote:
And how will they find out. Kirino was about to say their agreement when he stopped her. Only them knew about it. If both of them keep this a secret, no one could find out.
Closed Thread