AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 58 29.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 30.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-20, 12:28   Link #101
Mentar
Banned

I want to respectfully make the point that many people in this thread are much more whiny and annoying than Raki ever was.

And also, it's notable that most of these exceptionally whiny people are the very same who complain about Raki's alleged whininess.

Straaaaaange, isn't it

*shakes head*

Also - people, would you kindly stop stomping on the ground simply because a scene in the anime is slightly different from the manga? In hindsight, 4 out of 5 changes made by the anime are for the better, if you think about it. Yes, every once in a while that means that a scene which you found particularly enjoyable in the manga might not make it to the anime (example: The stolen kiss in the Rabona arc, ep4). But in most cases, it simply makes more sense this way.

Point in case: Miria NOT bragging around about "finding the organization's biggest secret", and rather saying she doesn't know anything conclusive yet. It's much more in-character. Or Clare leaving Raki behind before she enters the battleground. If you logically think things through, almost always the anime version makes more sense.

The anime is the anime. If it's doing things differently from the manga, then that's the way it is. Keep an open mind and use your braincells to adapt. Yes, both of them! Complain if what the anime shows makes no sense, but please make a decent case at least.

Seriously... my my my.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:31   Link #102
da-xia

who do you think the warrior from the past is in the preview for episode 13? any speculations? anyone we met before or someone new?

edit: nvm i think ive figured it out >_<
Old 2007-06-20, 12:33   Link #103
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

As much as the mood of the kiss scene was changed, my major complaint of the episode was the expressions basically being mauled by a large dog

Where were Clare's cries of concern, Ophelia is one of the more expressionable characters in this series yet they kept her just short of being as stone faced as Deneve. They even clipped out most of the fight scene between Ophelia and the Awakened One!

The animation quality also jumped around alot in this episode, not the the point were it was horrible, but still annoying.

It is not that I did not like the episode, I was just disappointed in some of the anime producer's choices.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:37   Link #104
Joka

Guys you got to give Raki some points. He didn't cry after having the shit sliced out of him.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:41   Link #105
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'll give Raki some points when he no longer acts like Shirou.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:41   Link #106
SimplyEd
Claytard

Well, it can't be helped. Of course it would be great if the whole series had a quality standard like the "Marked for Death" remembrance, but stuff like that is a fund killer.

They have to make omissions here and there or else they'd blow the budget, and that would be a serious crippling strike to quality that probably noone around here would like to see.

Let them spend their money on the very important scenes and don't look out for mediocre scenes so much. Just enjoy it as best as you can.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:46   Link #107
orange-kun

i think because of this whole "i have to protect Claire" thing raki is going to become a male claymore somehow
Old 2007-06-20, 13:01   Link #108
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I give this episode 9/10. It was very well done and the last scene was omgwtf inducing lol. Never expected Clare to kiss Raki but that was alright.

Now Clare has someone who loves her and she has someone to love.

Here's to hoping Raki grows up to be a bad ass in the future
Old 2007-06-20, 13:03   Link #109
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I want to respectfully make the point that many people in this thread are much more whiny and annoying than Raki ever was.

And also, it's notable that most of these exceptionally whiny people are the very same who complain about Raki's alleged whininess.

Straaaaaange, isn't it

*shakes head*

Also - people, would you kindly stop stomping on the ground simply because a scene in the anime is slightly different from the manga?

If you logically think things through, almost always the anime version makes more sense.

The anime is the anime. If it's doing things differently from the manga, then that's the way it is. Keep an open mind and use your braincells to adapt. Yes, both of them! Complain if what the anime shows makes no sense, but please make a decent case at least.

Seriously... my my my.
I'm offended by that blanket characterisation.

I'm no fool -- this is a forum dedicated to posters who already unreservedly love both the anime and the manga after all. I'm not so naive as to not expect lots of boos and rotten tomatoes for daring to express anything other than glowing admiration.

If you're referring to my posts as being "whiny", I would also respectfully request that you read what I've pointed out -- it would have made no difference whether I've read the manga in advance. Even if the anime were all I knew, I would still have been singularly disappointed by this episode -- it just feels all wrong. It's an action-packed episode, but I get uninspired plodding instead. If I'm not a fan of the manga already, this would be it for me, anime-Claymore wise.

I, for one, don't mind the variations early in the episode at all -- I felt the director made very good calls in fact (namely the scene where Clare ordered Raki to stay put and wait for her). But mauled faces and horribly mis-expressed emotions aren't directoral calls, I suspect (if it were, the director is worse than incompetent). It's really more a case of poor quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Well, it can't be helped. Of course it would be great if the whole series had a quality standard like the "Marked for Death" remembrance, but stuff like that is a fund killer.

They have to make omissions here and there or else they'd blow the budget, and that would be a serious crippling strike to quality that probably noone around here would like to see.
No, sorry. The need for budget control is a poor excuse for low quality control. Heck, I was a fan of Bleach and Naruto you know. I wouldn't call the animation in those animes top film quality, but the action, ah the action, it's still superb, regardless of poor art. And I don't even read Bleach and Naruto mangas -- the anime were good enough for me.

In anime-Claymore's case, unfortunately, it takes my appreciation of the manga to even want to continue watching the anime anymore. Why, you ask? Well, because occassional gems like Episode 9 and 11 still turn up, that's why.
Old 2007-06-20, 13:04   Link #110
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Let me put it this way, if I were a pure-anime viewer watching Claymore up till now, I would be dropping the series after this episode -- let alone be intrigued enough to catch up with the manga to see what else I'm actually missing.
No way for me. Because next episode preview will make me more excite and want to see it for sure. And how can I abandon my Galatea. >< Just see her standing or walking is not enough.

Well, I believe now that Clare can make her face like a prostitute.

Still don't like her face (looks too hot ) but I admit that the reason for Clare to kiss Raki in anime is more clearer than in manga.

Edit:

But apart from that scene, I thought it's still great episode though.

Woh! about Bleach anime... My opinion is completely different. If I'm not read manga, I will drop it for sure.

Last edited by zato_1one; 2007-06-20 at 13:27.
Old 2007-06-20, 13:15   Link #111
silix
Claymore worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
As much as the mood of the kiss scene was changed, my major complaint of the episode was the expressions basically being mauled by a large dog

Where were Clare's cries of concern, Ophelia is one of the more expressionable characters in this series yet they kept her just short of being as stone faced as Deneve. They even clipped out most of the fight scene between Ophelia and the Awakened One!

The animation quality also jumped around alot in this episode, not the the point were it was horrible, but still annoying.

It is not that I did not like the episode, I was just disappointed in some of the anime producer's choices.
agree

the impression i have had from this episode is as if some scenes (better, some of Ophelia's facial designs ) were drawn and animated by someone not accustomed with the overall character design - if this is the case, i hope it to be an issue affecting just this episode

but since several positive assets can also be found i'll consider how this ep subtly proves that elves are bound to a pale complexion - or the fact it still has some really beautiful landscapes (as usual) and... seagulls ( perhaps some don't pay attention to the fact, but actually our heroine has walked a lot )
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Well, I believe now that Clare can make her face like a prostitute.
me too... problem is, she said she was trained to fake being a prostitute if necessary, but she really didnt need to fake in that scene - this leads to think that...

Last edited by silix; 2007-06-20 at 13:49.
Old 2007-06-20, 13:27   Link #112
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

OWA! calm the horses . We really don´t want to know about Clare`s experienced past.
Old 2007-06-20, 13:31   Link #113
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

No, sorry. The need for budget control is a poor excuse for low quality control.

Well, nevertheless it is part of reality, even if people don't like it. There's virtually nothing we can do about it at this point and most certainly nothing we should be complaining about since we don't even have the slightest bit of involvement in these processes.

Funding is the single most important thing for any venture in the anime business. My take on this situation would be that the studio has already pulverized large deals of money on some of the more spectacular scenes earlier on and now they have to make ends meet and save more money for later episodes.

If you compare Claymore to other shows then we are most definately fed with some beautiful scenery, gorgeous animation for the most important scenes and overall with a steady quality on the whole picture (nevermind a funny facial expression every now and then, other shows with much better funding manage to do just the same).

To me, it seems like people have picked up a nasty habit of becoming nitpickers, arguing about every single difference from the manga. I read the manga too, yet i'm fully able to get the most enjoyment out of each episode and i don't find myself comparing every scene to every single manga panel.

I think it would be kinda advantageous to judge the anime more objective, rather than subjective and under the impression of the manga. That way, there'd already be much less exaggerated complaining going on around here.
Old 2007-06-20, 13:44   Link #114
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by silix View Post
me too... problem is, she said she was trained to fake being a prostitute if necessary, but she really didnt need to fake in that scene - this leads to think that...
bah this is just an excuse for those who don't want any romance between the two.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-06-20, 13:46   Link #115
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Im so happy Raki is out of the story at the moment xD
Old 2007-06-20, 13:57   Link #116
silix
Claymore worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
bah this is just an excuse for those who don't want any romance between the two.
perhaps you got me wrong - i'm not among those hating raki ( on the contrary ) and i like the story also because of that "i'll live to see you again" relationship between the two, and i considered the kiss extremely appropriate to the context (to the point of not being surprised... i was expecting something like that), when i read this part, in the manga...

i just dont like how that feeling was transposed on screen and the aesthetics of her facial expression in that moment, that's all

Last edited by silix; 2007-06-20 at 14:08.
Old 2007-06-20, 13:57   Link #117
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i duno why some people are getting annoyed at the kissing scene as i thought it was one of the highlights for me in the ep clare is showing more human like emotions which is always a good thing in my books ~ and kiss raki was a way to show how much he meaned to her...very sweet imo ^.^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-20, 14:05   Link #118
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by silix View Post
perhaps you got me wrong - i'm not among those hating raki ( on the contrary ) and i like the story also because of that "i'll live to see you again" relationship between the two, and i considered the kiss extremely appropriate to the context (to the point of not being surprised... i was expecting something like that), when i read this part, in the manga...

i just dont like how that feeling was transposed on screen and the aesthetics of her facial expression in that moment, that's all
no that wasn't directed at you, it was more like anyone can use that now (in it's form in anime) when they want to start arguing how there's no romance.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-06-20, 14:11   Link #119
silix
Claymore worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
no that wasn't directed at you <cut>
np

btw : i thought i had seen an (offensive towards a moderator) post right before mine and was going to report... probably just "an illusion"
Old 2007-06-20, 14:16   Link #120
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

ah..a nice 8 for this episode...would have got a 9 if it ahd a good character design. The character design definitely was off in many places, and i was more dissappointed because this happened when a new character like Ophelia was introduced. Ophelia looked really pale, although the image was portrayed well, the design was weak compared to the manga.

Clare too seemed off in some places..

Neway,.the seperation finally took place..saddening but this episode sparks off a series of mysteries and makes the Claymore Plot more awesome..so i m crossing my fingers and waiting for more of Clare and Ophelia goodness
^_^
Closed Thread