AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-14, 08:07   Link #161
Dop
Mmmm....

Woo-hoo! Aoi have put out episode 11 only a week after episode 10! That's fantastic of them!
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 14:04   Link #162
Thingle
Banned

Kudos to Aoi ppl.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 18:43   Link #163
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
Kudos to Aoi ppl.
Shinkun has been doing some terrific work of late. I started with Genji; now he offers us the rest of Mouryou no Hako. I've also watched a couple of episodes of Hidamari no Ki; that's a pretty interesting show as well. I don't know how he's found the time to start subbing Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, but he has! I've quickly grown to respect his work. I need to spread some rep around before I can give Shinkun more, so I leave it up to the rest of you for now!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 08:02   Link #164
Fate21
Kiyu~

Episode 1 is cute
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 20:23   Link #165
X-Japan

Alright, I just saw episode 12 and I am a bit confused. If someone explains it to me, I would appreciate it.

Spoiler for Mouryou no Hako Episode 12:
X-Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 13:54   Link #166
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

So glad the subbing for this is back on done apparently, there are only 12 epis right? By the grace of kami I actually remembered most of what had happened after I also put the show on hiatus after I watched epi 6. On 10 at the moment and still loving every minute of it. Question who's the seiyuu for Kyougokudou?

Edit: my bad there are 13 epis so one more to go!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 14:15   Link #167
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Question who's the seiyuu for Kyougokudou?
I've been wondering that myself actually. Such a strong, powerful voice.

& yeah one more episode to go. Though i will say that episode 12 is easily the best episode of the series, Kyougokudou at his complete best. Let's see if the last episode can top it.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:31   Link #168
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've been wondering that myself actually. Such a strong, powerful voice.
He finally addressed himself by his proper name so I could chk ANN, its Sanji's seiyuu from OP.
Quote:
& yeah one more episode to go. Though i will say that episode 12 is easily the best episode of the series, Kyougokudou at his complete best. Let's see if the last episode can top it.
Just finished 10 and damn that was so good, moving right on to 11. There needs to be more anime like this
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 18:56   Link #169
X-Japan

Yes, this is one of the better anime to have come out since Seirei no Moribito
X-Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 19:54   Link #170
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but the fist novel of the Kyogokudou series, "The summer of the Ubume", has been released in english about a month ago. I definitely recommend it to who liked the anime series; besides being an interesting story in itself, there is a lot of background information about the characters (I found the bits about Enokizu particularly interesting)

I really hope they'll translate Mouryou no hako too; I bought the japanese novel some time ago, but it's so long that I don't think I'll ever have the courage to start reading it in japanese. Since there is a few key differences between the story told in the anime and in the live action movie, I'm really curious to find out which one was actually following the novel
Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 03:29   Link #171
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the first Kyogokudou novel. Will hopefully pick it up by the end of the month.
Old 2009-09-21, 18:05   Link #172
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

This title is beautiful to look at but it's downright boring. I don't care what happens to any of the characters, and it's such a waste because it's been a while since I have seen anything so beautiful looking. The backdrops and character designs are gorgeous but the story -- less so.

When is 13 coming out though -- I want to see the ending irregardless.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 17:51   Link #173
Aaerul

What's going on? According to ANN this show first started airing a whole year ago but episode 13 is still in the works? Has everyone dropped it already?

*shudders!* Please don't break my heart
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:09   Link #174
Kirarakim

I don't think it is boring at all. In fact I found the anime very intriguing and I really want to know what it is going on. That being said I stopped at episode 6 because the subs were so slow (and it's not the type of series you want to wait a long time between episodes because it is easy to forget all the details).
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 20:27   Link #175
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Aoi seems to be back from hiatus, though there's no indication which of their current series will show up soon. I'm hoping we'll see episode 13 of this show followed by a couple of new episodes of Hidamari no Ki.

I sympathize a bit with MikaMiaka. The show got very "talky" in the second half with long disquisitions on mysticism, Onmyougi and the like. I enjoy shows with a substantial dose of Japanese culture, but even I found Hako a bit yawn-inducing at times. That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to seeing a subtitled version of episode 13.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:26   Link #176
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I checked in at Aoi the other day and was dismayed that their site had disappeared. I began to fear we'd never see episode 13 of Hako (or more episodes of Hidamari no Ki for that matter). Today I checked again and they're back online; the updated projects page reports:

Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas – Meiou Shinwa – Status: Ongoing
Les Miserables: Shoujo Cosette – Status: Ongoing
Mouryo no Hako - Status: Ongoing
Hidamari no Ki – Status: Ongoing, kind of stalled

So I haven't given up hope that Aoi will deliver the final chapter of this intriguing series.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:07   Link #177
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i still have hope that they will release the last episode. When it is eventually released, i may have to rewatch episode 12 just before it.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:06   Link #178
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Aoi has yet to release subs for any more series since August, so I'm becoming more and more pessimistic that a complete version of this show will ever appear. I had some hope we'd see a well-established group like Live-eviL, gg, or Frostii take this show on when it was first released, but it just seems to have fallen between the cracks. Please, subbers, won't one of you pick this up, even if it's just for the one remaining episode?
Old 2010-01-01, 18:37   Link #179
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Last Episode was subbed. Mind = Blown

I'm downloading right now so I can't confirm if it's real.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 18:51   Link #180
Dop
Mmmm....

What...? Could it be...??
I certainly hope so.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
clamp, horror, madhouse, supernatural