AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-02, 09:48   Link #61
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
I can understand that you didn't tear up in Ef: a tale of memories, but have you tried the second season at least? If you haven't, you're in for a surprise in Ef: a tale of melodies.

Also, you might want to consider watching Iriya no Sora, Ufo no Natsu, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, and Shinigami no Ballad. They're about 6 episodes long so if you have the time, just check it out. Even if you don't cry, I think these would leave a long lasting impression at least.
Iriya no Sora, Ufo no Natsu - Will check this out. Thanks
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - Seen it a long time ago. It was okay.
Shinigami no Ballad - Seen this a while ago also. Good anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Oh sorry, i didn't pay attention to your "watched animes" list. I now took a look, and found the following titles missing:
Kannagi (About a boy who crafts a girl out of a piece of wood, and then that girl becomes human. She's actually some sort of deity and will stay at the boy's home, with all the consequences. At the beginning is slow, with some comedy, but nearing the end you get the melancholic part)
Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na (Already suggested it, and this is the one which got the most chances of making you tear up. Relationship between a boy and the moon's princess)
Canvas 2 (It's taken from an eroge, tho the adaption wasn't as good as the anime. It's 24 episodes long, a school-life romance/comedy with some drama)
Kamisama Kazoku (The plot plays around a young god who is adapting to the human life to better comprehend how it works. One day he falls in love with a girl and wants to conquer her without his god powers. There is a love triangle, since this god is always accompained by his childhood friend who would be an angel. Some episodes are really emotional, melancholic, but there is some comedy in it. The first 5 episodes already will give you some feelings, and that's good. I hope you can get over the graphic that is simple)
11 eyes (This title is more on the shocking side, but does contain emotional episodes. It's more a fantasy anime: there are some guys who happen to know they have some hidden powers, and have to fight in a parallel dimension against some dudes who have a girl captivated. It contains action but also much romance. The first 2 episodes will be enough to get an idea of the plot. Episode 11 will do the job)

This is all i can think of, considering you already watched the ones i considered the most emotional. There are some other titles that could be named, but they surely aren't going to make you tear up; only move some little feelings.
Kannagi - You've already suggested this
Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na - See above
Canvas 2 - I'm gonna have to rewatch Canvas because I remember probably 10% of it. Hell I probably watched the 2nd one too and forgot all about it. Same with Kanon. It's been a while.
Kamisama Kazoku - Remember watching this a while back. I don't remember if I finished it or not though.
11 Eyes - Was iffy about picking this one up, but I"ll give it a go.

*A while back = 6+ years back.
Old 2012-02-03, 06:37   Link #62
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Yesterday i watched Ano Hana, and after i finished it, i thought immediatly: you have to watch it. Later discovered you already did haha. That infinitely long title distracted me.

Anyways, just so you know, Kannagi has a very similar animation, in my opinion, and even tho it's more towards comedy rather than a full drama about a dead friend, you should still be able to enjoy it. I found many things similar between these two animes, even tho they are so much different. Kannagi isn't a drama, and only near the end it gets melancholic. It won't make you tear up like Ano Hana, that was emotional from the very beginning(probably it won't make you tear up at all, but still leave some feelings), but once again, i'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 2012-02-03, 06:48   Link #63
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

You should try Senki Zesshou Symphogear. It's a music-centered action series that features highly emotionnal drama. If you don't know what is about, it's about a girl named Hibiki who's a great fan of the female singing duo called Zweiwing. However, due to a incident that attacked the Zweiwing's concert two years ago, she has a scar sealed in her chest. Her life changes when she meets Tsubasa, a Zweiwing singer while her scar contain a certain energy that awakens her power. The story (music and concept aside) is pretty generic, it contain low-budget animation (especially episode 3) but it features lot of emotionnal drama that makes you tearing up.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-02-03 at 07:07.
Old 2012-02-04, 22:53   Link #64
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Finished watching these:

Haibane Renmei - Not my kind of anime at all. There's only a handful of slow-paced anime I can handle, and this is not one of them. I did manage to finish it though.
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - I would definitely cry nonstop if I could relate to the event in this anime. Otherwise, there wasn't enough elements/build-up for me to shed tears. I almost drop this anime after 4 episodes though. (see spoiler)

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-05, 08:33   Link #65
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Spoiler for TM 8.0:
Old 2012-02-06, 05:01   Link #66
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

no one mention this yet but i think you should try out Rozen Maiden, it is my all-time-favorite anime and it very touching
Old 2012-02-06, 10:27   Link #67
kitten320

^I wouldn't call it a tear jerker...

By the way how about Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin? Not really a tear jerker either but it covers some heavy themes and has several sad and heart warming scenes that make you feel.

EDIT: Whoops, you did watch it already.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:06   Link #68
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Spoiler for TM 8.0:
Not gonna disagree there. I hope I don't have daughters (I just jinxed myself didn't I?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
no one mention this yet but i think you should try out Rozen Maiden, it is my all-time-favorite anime and it very touching
Rozen Maiden - watched it a long time ago. I remember liking the series. Not sure about the crying part though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^I wouldn't call it a tear jerker...

By the way how about Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin? Not really a tear jerker either but it covers some heavy themes and has several sad and heart warming scenes that make you feel.

EDIT: Whoops, you did watch it already.
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - Rare 10/10 anime most people don't know about. (yes tears)
Old 2012-02-06, 14:13   Link #69
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarimaHario View Post
Not gonna disagree there. I hope I don't have daughters (I just jinxed myself didn't I?)

Rozen Maiden - watched it a long time ago. I remember liking the series. Not sure about the crying part though.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - Rare 10/10 anime most people don't know about. (yes tears)
You also forget to read my latest recommandation in this thread !
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-06, 20:16   Link #70
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
You also forget to read my latest recommandation in this thread !
Sorry didn't recognize you and your new avatar there

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - I saw the preview, and it looks pretty promising, but I'll start watching new 2012 anime once they've finished airing.

Off topic:

I've just finished watching Shiki and Bokurano recently, and I would highly recommend them.
Old 2012-02-07, 20:42   Link #71
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Just finished Canvas 2.

It was somewhat predictable and very anticlimactic overall. Not enough emotions for my tears unfortunately. The anime just didn't convey all of the emotions and dramas as well as it should, which is a shame because it has so much potential. I did enjoy watching it though.
Old 2012-02-07, 22:14   Link #72
Divini
Senpai!

I didn't see this on your fist post list, but have you seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

Manly tears all around.
Old 2012-02-07, 22:32   Link #73
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

try Kimi ga nozomu eien (The Eternity You Desire)
Old 2012-02-08, 02:03   Link #74
symphonious7
Emperor of Dorkdom

Quote:
[Updated: 02-06-2012]
Scroll down for a comprehensive list

---

Original Post:
I wrote 'tear up' instead of 'cry' because making me cry is like winning a lottery. I'm 26 years old straight male and haven't cried in over 15 years.

I've teared up over some anime, but it would take all of them combined to make one drop of tear.

Some example:
Clannad: After Story
Wow, you must be a manly man and I must be a ninny. I didn't "tear up" during Clannad, I wept like a little baby lol...
Old 2012-02-09, 00:51   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Madoka? Haruhi? Angel beats? this is what you guys call tear jerkers

Now and Then, Here and There would put you guys on prozac.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-02-09 at 12:25.
Old 2012-02-09, 02:45   Link #76
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN- View Post
try Kimi ga nozomu eien (The Eternity You Desire)
I think Hario already watched that.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-09, 04:54   Link #77
Rinnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

Now and The, Here and There would put you guys on prozac.
Totally agree, Now and Then Here and There was purely a mental torture for me, I'm not a sensitive person, I don't cry easily but I have to admit it was probably the saddest anime I've ever seen.
Old 2012-02-09, 10:35   Link #78
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I didn't see this on your fist post list, but have you seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

Manly tears all around.
Great anime. Don't remember as an emotional intensive anime. Although..

Spoiler:

Quote:

Now and The, Here and There would put you guys on prozac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinnel View Post
Totally agree, Now and Then Here and There was purely a mental torture for me, I'm not a sensitive person, I don't cry easily but I have to admit it was probably the saddest anime I've ever seen.
Now and Then, Here and There - This is already on my to-watch list even though none of you guys have suggested yet. I'll give this a go as soon as I finish my current anime.
Old 2012-02-09, 12:26   Link #79
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Great anime. Don't remember as an emotional intensive anime. Although..

Spoiler:

Now and Then, Here and There - This is already on my to-watch list even though none of you guys have suggested yet. I'll give this a go as soon as I finish my current anime.
just prepare some very funny stuff to watch afterwards.
Old 2012-02-10, 02:43   Link #80
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Quote:
just prepare some very funny stuff to watch afterwards.
Just finished Now and Then, Here and There - One of the most emotionally intense anime for sure. No tears, but I'm gonna go watch a comedy show now before my mind begins to self-destruct.