Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-09-18, 18:41   Link #101
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
I personally support completely obliterating the islands.
if they do that then why not we just have a war instead.

main reason is not because the island is special. is because it allow them to expand their sea area. those to alow them to have more sea resource around that area like fish and oil

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 18:45   Link #102
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Got funds???
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 18:48   Link #103
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
But the sea is still a contestable area due to its underlying gas deposits.

I say we fire a giant liquid oxygen bangalore torpedo straight down into the gas deposits to detonate it, cause a huge earthquake and tsunami, and sink everything around it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 18:51   Link #104
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
China doesn't want that. If they lose Taiwan, Macau and HK would be harping for independence too.
Well, China can suck my balls. It's clear that China is the one being the bully right now, especially on the dispute of the islands near the Philippines.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 18:59   Link #105
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Well, China can suck my balls. It's clear that China is the one being the bully right now, especially on the dispute of the islands near the Philippines.
Next time, they'll claim all China towns are "Chinese city states"....
Old 2012-09-18, 19:04   Link #106
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Next time, they'll claim all China towns are "Chinese city states"....
Whoa. You should send that idea over to The Onion.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 19:15   Link #107
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Whoa. You should send that idea over to The Onion.
Funny.. ain't we going back to the Feudal Age again....
Old 2012-09-18, 19:34   Link #108
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Personally I find it hard to see much humor in any of this when the state-run Beijing Evening News publishes articles like this:

Quote:
Yet this round of fury in China may prove worse than previous ones. This week, in a startling, apparently one-off call, the state-run Beijing Evening News suggested China should use nuclear weapons in the dispute, claiming it would be "simpler."

"Just skip to the main course and drop an atomic bomb. Simpler," the newspaper posted on its Weibo account, provoking both critical and supportive responses from readers.
I would assume there are factions with the Chinese government or military who hold this view. Articles like this just don't appear in state-run Chinese media by mistake.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 19:48   Link #109
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I would assume there are factions with the Chinese government or military who hold this view. Articles like this just don't appear in state-run Chinese media by mistake.
..cowards... they knew they would never won in a fair fight....
Old 2012-09-18, 20:21   Link #110
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Personally I find it hard to see much humor in any of this when the state-run Beijing Evening News publishes articles like this:

The person who said that and all the people who thought that was a good statement can die horrible deaths.

I already don't like China. I hate their government. I'm fair minded and I know there are many good people in that nation, but I know not all of them are good, and I'm sure there are many people like that newspaper writer and those that support his statement. I just want a peaceful resolution to this. China is just putting the pressure on Japan because they can; because they are the prime super power in the region. They think they can push all the neighboring countries around because of that.

From what I can tell, Japan has more of a right to claim those islands than China, but maybe Japan should just let them go. But I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about that; how could that be bad? Would that only lead China to push Japan around even more in diplomatic matters?
Old 2012-09-18, 20:35   Link #111
JokerD

Quote:

On the topic of rare earths, there are a lot of other sources, including a lot of new ones in the deep pacific that Japan is hoping to exploit. Rare earth alternatives are nearly ready to go, Hitachi has a rare-earth-less motor with similar performance to those using rare earth magnets. Most of the alternatives are coming 2014, a year faster is probably possible with additional funding. I think the rare earth thing will only have a big effect short term, long term not so much.

Restricting Japanese companies from the Chinese market would have a much larger effect long term. Of course, Japanese products are still in demand in China (even the protesters take pictures using Japanese cameras...) and banning them would risk pissing off the middle class that seems to enjoy buying them.

Anyways, there is no way economic warfare between the #2 and #3 economies is ever going to end well for anyone involved, and most who aren't as well.
Blowing the islands up do nothing for the dispute. They are fighting more for the honor of planting oil rigs on the seabed than for planting a flag on a piece of rock.

In other news, Chongqing's former police chef's court case is happening now. No prizes for guessing what's the level of coverage for that case.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 20:43   Link #112
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
The person who said that and all the people who thought that was a good statement can die horrible deaths.

I already don't like China. I hate their government. I'm fair minded and I know there are many good people in that nation, but I know not all of them are good, and I'm sure there are many people like that newspaper writer and those that support his statement. I just want a peaceful resolution to this. China is just putting the pressure on Japan because they can; because they are the prime super power in the region. They think they can push all the neighboring countries around because of that.

From what I can tell, Japan has more of a right to claim those islands than China, but maybe Japan should just let them go. But I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about that; how could that be bad? Would that only lead China to push Japan around even more in diplomatic matters?
The Chinese don't do it just because they feel like it. They do it because of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
In other news, Chongqing's former police chef's court case is happening now. No prizes for guessing what's the level of coverage for that case.
Also keep in mind that even within the CCP itself there are divisions. Certain elements don't want to draw attention to themselves, and no faction wants to harm the fiction that the CCP is a stable monolith.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 20:55   Link #113
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Japanese companies in China:

Panasonic - shut factory in Qingdao

Canon - suspended operations at three plants

Honda and Nissan - stopped production for two days

Mazda - stopped production at Nanjing factory for four days

Toyota - suspended some production

Sony - closed two of its seven plants and is discouraging non-essential travel to China

Seven & I Holdings - closed 13 supermarkets and 198 convenience stores

Fast Retailing - shut 42 Uniqlo clothing stores and advised Japanese employees to stay at home

Aeon - closed 30 out of 35 supermarkets

Komatsu - the construction equipment maker has halted work at three plants in Shandong province

Info from BBC.
That was quite a solid response from Japanese companies. I can only imagine what kind of mayhem it would create in the population if Western companies order the same as well. Nobody would deny that the PRC asked for it and will take a bullet broad side after all the crap they did.

Quote:
That's the response of the week! TheyPRC and their CCP's faithful can just go F themselves if people ask me as well.

Quote:
If Japan gives up now, it would lead to endless numbers of actions like that from China and it could get uglier than it already is now. It's the same principle as dealing with terrorists: the moment you give in to their demands, they will ask for more and that would do more wrong than good. For me, Japan standing strong could be the precursor before all other nations would finally say in a common voice "F*** you" to the PRC for all the crap they are making with intimidation and cheating on numerous fronts. Never surrender!
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 21:01   Link #114
NoemiChan
Banned

China-Japanese Claims

To be fair, it's not just China that does the claiming in South East Asia...but still China's is....

Funny, the red territorial markings claimed by China forms an image of a d*ck.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-09-18 at 21:21.
Old 2012-09-18, 21:11   Link #115
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
The Chinese don't do it just because they feel like it. They do it because of this:

Also keep in mind that even within the CCP itself there are divisions. Certain elements don't want to draw attention to themselves, and no faction wants to harm the fiction that the CCP is a stable monolith.

I had just thought it was pretty much about the power position, the natural resources, and the prestige. I have some idea of what you are talking about from your post. Could you elaborate a little more?
Old 2012-09-18, 21:15   Link #116
Sumeragi
Banned

The rioters form a smoke screen so that the CCP can deal with other dirty issues in relative quiet.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 21:20   Link #117
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The rioters form a smoke screen so that the CCP can deal with other dirty issues with relative quietness.
Okay.

When all is said and done, I just hope things don't get out of hand. I know China is smart enough to not want that, but you never know how one incident (say, one occurring between Japan's defense forces and some Chinese ships) could lead to a series of escalations, leading to a real serious problem.

Japan is sending some of its ship to the islands (are they already there?). What kind of ships has China sent? Any with artillery, or ones with no combat abilities? Is it just patrol boats? My understanding is that Japan sent a few ships that are a part of the JSDF.
Old 2012-09-18, 21:28   Link #118
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Okay.

When all is said and done, I just hope things don't get out of hand. I know China is smart enough to not want that, but you never know how one incident (say, one occurring between Japan's defense forces and some Chinese ships) could lead to a series of escalations, leading to a real serious problem.

Japan is sending some of its ship to the islands (are they already there?). What kind of ships has China sent? Any with artillery, or ones with no combat abilities? Is it just patrol boats? My understanding is that Japan sent a few ships that are a part of the JSDF.
Fishing boats, lots lots of fishing boats.

Meanwhile in Taiwan
Demonstrators in Taipei burn Japanese flag
Old 2012-09-18, 21:30   Link #119
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The rioters form a smoke screen so that the CCP can deal with other dirty issues in relative quiet.
Yep, that's been the SOP of the PRC for quite some time. "Look over there!" and pointing with the right hand distracting attention while doing something nefarious with the left hand.

Endless "Nefarious" Soul
Old 2012-09-18, 21:48   Link #120
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Fishing boats, lots lots of fishing boats.

Meanwhile in Taiwan
Demonstrators in Taipei burn Japanese flag
We know what Canada did to Spanish trawlers in 1995 to make them crap their pants when they violated our waters with illegal fishing.

Now about Taiwan, that's another bunch of idiots to add on the list.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-09-18 at 21:56. Reason: typo
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
border, china, dispute, japan