AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-03-12, 10:27   Link #861
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
......I'm starting to think I'm the only girl who watches this show. How disturbing.
If you're thinking most of the guys are watching it just for Shana.. then you're wrong. >_>
Old 2006-03-12, 11:16   Link #862
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
If you're thinking most of the guys are watching it just for Shana.. then you're wrong. >_>
Well, I'm a guy and I watch it just because of Shana. But yeah, some girls I know from real life are really fond of the doll pervert Friagne. I showed them Guren and the Shana promo and they wanted to see the show (too bad for them - he gets killed by moe~).
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 12:14   Link #863
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
They never said that in the anime did they? Or is it in the novels?

......I'm starting to think I'm the only girl who watches this show. How disturbing.
Not really sure about the car part, but there was some sort of "accident/misfortune".

Episode 14, between 6.50~7.00 (time frame)
If you can understand japanese or watch the sub, the conversation was something like this:

(my version of the sub):
"And she was the baby orphan baby we took on a whim. The misfortune was an accident. My being there was an accident, as well."

From this, I can conclude that either of 2 things may have happened.
1) Shana's parents died in some kind of accident. Traffic accident is the one I can think of, since it is highly possible Wilhemina witnessed the accident while on a shopping trip.

2)Shana's parents got absorbed by a tomogara, and somehow Shana survived.

Though I really dont see how 2) is probable, since for a child like Shana at her age, it is most likely that she is by her parent's side, so technically if her parents get absorbed, she would be "within range" as well.

Unless, of course, her not getting absorbed was the so called unique-ness of Shana.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 13:35   Link #864
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Well, I'm a guy and I watch it just because of Shana. But yeah, some girls I know from real life are really fond of the doll pervert Friagne. I showed them Guren and the Shana promo and they wanted to see the show (too bad for them - he gets killed by moe~).
I was fond of him too. But I also like Eita
Old 2006-03-12, 14:12   Link #865
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks like we have two more Drama CD's to go.. here's hoping they'll both finish of the BGM collection from the series.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(mint,one_l...?KEY=GNCA-1061

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(mint,one_l...?KEY=GNCA-1062
Old 2006-03-12, 14:33   Link #866
lavielove

by the way who helped Yuuji and Satou to put the Blutsauger on to the cart ?
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 14:35   Link #867
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
by the way who helped Yuuji and Satou to put the Blutsauger on to the cart ?
We haven't actually seen both of them trying to left it up at the same time, so i'm sure with both of them together they could lift it.. though i'm not to sure a cart like that could have support it - it doesn't matter much really.
Old 2006-03-12, 14:43   Link #868
lavielove

It was Tanaka who was starring at the sword at that time,so she might be the one who lifted up the sword.Your reasoning also could be right since the sword was never lifted by both of them at the same time before.
Old 2006-03-12, 16:52   Link #869
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Not really sure about the car part, but there was some sort of "accident/misfortune".

Episode 14, between 6.50~7.00 (time frame)
If you can understand japanese or watch the sub, the conversation was something like this:

(my version of the sub):
"And she was the baby orphan baby we took on a whim. The misfortune was an accident. My being there was an accident, as well."

From this, I can conclude that either of 2 things may have happened.
1) Shana's parents died in some kind of accident. Traffic accident is the one I can think of, since it is highly possible Wilhemina witnessed the accident while on a shopping trip.

2)Shana's parents got absorbed by a tomogara, and somehow Shana survived.

Though I really dont see how 2) is probable, since for a child like Shana at her age, it is most likely that she is by her parent's side, so technically if her parents get absorbed, she would be "within range" as well.

Unless, of course, her not getting absorbed was the so called unique-ness of Shana.
Accident is the most logical, and fitting one, because they stated in the show that Shana has no issues with the Tomogara in past.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 04:58   Link #870
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
<-- just discovered this series today .... thanks *************** ... WHAT A SHOW!!

I have to catch up, grhhh...at eps 9 now... wait for me >.<

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-03-13 at 17:58.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 06:53   Link #871
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 22...
Spoiler:

Yuji trying to put two and two together in this one, I think. At least the memories he's having implies that.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 17:49   Link #872
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
Accident is the most logical, and fitting one, because they stated in the show that Shana has no issues with the Tomogara in past.
Which is a blatant and obvious lie. At least in my opinion it is. I think Shana has some sort of deep connection with the silver tomogara. As of now she thinks she doesn't have any past issues with the Tomogara, but I bet something horrible was hidden from her by Wilhelmina and Alastor. It'll all come full circle in the remaining two episodes... I hope.

Shana's role as a Flame Haze just being a byproduct of "coincidence" is way too convenient.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 22:07   Link #873
Cyz
"Show it to me"

hmm, i dunno if hecate is a bad girl or not but from the looks of what she's doing, she looks bad. or maybe is it because she's being forced by bel peol? speaking of forcing, wilhelmina tries to pressure shana on killing yuuji. she's one cold-hearted maid.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 22:56   Link #874
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
hmm, i dunno if hecate is a bad girl or not but from the looks of what she's doing, she looks bad. or maybe is it because she's being forced by bel peol? speaking of forcing, wilhelmina tries to pressure shana on killing yuuji. she's one cold-hearted maid.
I think that she's what Paula Abdul was thinking of when she sang the song "Cold-Hearted Maid"

She's a cold-hearted maid
Look into her eyes
Oh ohhh
She's hopes Yuuji dies.
She's a laundry girl who slays
She always slays by rules
Oh oh
Shana don't play the fool--no

You're the one givin' up the love
Anytime she needs it
But you turn your back and then she's off
and stabbin' with her cowl
You're the one to sacrifice
Anything to please her
Do you really think she thinks about you
when she's out

Look into her eyes
Oh ohhh
She's hopes Yuuji dies.
Oh oh

It was only late last night
She was out there slayin'
Then she called you up to check that you
were killing Guze alone
All the world needs cleanin' more
She's been trick or treatin'
When it comes to parental love, with her
there's no one home

Look into her eyes
Oh ohhh
She's hopes Yuuji dies.
Oh oh

You could find somebody better girl
She could only make you cry
You deserve somebody better girl
She's c-cold as ice

Look into her eyes
Oh ohhh
She's hopes Yuuji dies.
Oh oh
Shana don't play the fool--(repeat to fade)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 02:01   Link #875
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

LMAO NSW. I bet you were super bored at the time of that post.

Anyway's concerning Wilhemina otherwise known as the "heartless maid Flame Haze" . So many people bashing her . I believe she has her reasons for being like that. She has been a Flame Haze for a long long time now and became a bit cold hearted because of that. I don't believe she's truly uncaring for Shana, afterall Shana was pratically raised by her and Alastor. Wilheminais is just trying to do whats best as a "Flame Haze", I think after seeing Shana almost give her life up for Yuji, she is forced her to accept Shana's feelings. I was just a bit shocked that it took so long for her to understand. It was excruciating obvious that she really liked Yuji. I also think Alastor kinda knew what was going on but decided to wait and see what would happen. He needs to step up and guide Shana not only in battle but in life, Shana is still just a teenager afterall.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 02:44   Link #876
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
LMAO NSW. I bet you were super bored at the time of that post.

Anyway's concerning Hecate otherwise known as the "heartless maid Flame Haze" . So many people bashing her . I believe she has her reasons for being like that. She has been a Flame Haze for a long long time now and became a bit cold hearted because of that. I don't believe she's truly uncaring for Shana, afterall Shana was pratically raised by her and Alastor. Hecate is just trying to do whats best as a "Flame Haze", I think after seeing Shana almost give her life up for Yuji, she is forced her to accept Shana's feelings. I was just a bit shocked that it took so long for her to understand Shana's feelings. It was excruciating obvious that she really liked Yuji. I also think Alastor kinda knew what was going on but decided to wait and see what would happen. He needs to step up and guide Shana not only in battle but in life, Shana is still just a teenager afterall.
Isn't Hecate one of the 3 members of the Bal Masque? Wilhemina/Wirlhemina is the name of the maid flame haze who found/took care of Shana...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 04:20   Link #877
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Isn't Hecate one of the 3 members of the Bal Masque? Wilhemina/Wirlhemina is the name of the maid flame haze who found/took care of Shana...
Yeah your right, I confused the names. Thanks for pointing that out.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 09:29   Link #878
lavielove

Spoiler:

ps2 game info in Dengeki G magzine April.
Old 2006-03-14, 13:53   Link #879
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
Spoiler:

ps2 game info in Dengeki G magzine April.
Y'know, it'd be nice if those pictures were big enough for us to read the text or were links to the original picture so we could download the pics and then read 'em.
Old 2006-03-14, 15:06   Link #880
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Y'know, it'd be nice if those pictures were big enough for us to read the text or were links to the original picture so we could download the pics and then read 'em.
It would, wouldn't it?

Spoiler for Scans:
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere