AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 13:37   Link #581
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
He's certainly stronger than Itachi, given how Itachi seemed to fear Madara since he put that Amaterasu trap on Sasuke's eyes.
Itachi feared that Madara might get to Sasuke after he was dead yes, but that says nothing about Itachi fearing Madara but only how he might influence Sasuke once he has died by Sasuke's hand as he planned. Judging from how Madara reflected that there was no one to stop him now and how took control over Akutsaki openly after Itachi's death, I'd say Madara feared Itachi.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:17   Link #582
kirisute_gomen
Senior Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
Itachi feared that Madara might get to Sasuke after he was dead yes, but that says nothing about Itachi fearing Madara but only how he might influence Sasuke once he has died by Sasuke's hand as he planned. Judging from how Madara reflected that there was no one to stop him now and how took control over Akutsaki openly after Itachi's death, I'd say Madara feared Itachi.
He did fear Itachi.

The cards are being given a new shuffle right now
Old 2010-04-07, 21:50   Link #583
Zek
Eyebrows...

I interpreted that as meaning that he wanted Itachi as part of Akatsuki, but he had to hide his intentions against Konoha to keep him cooperative.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:57   Link #584
Kallen4life

strongest were Pain, then Itachi I'm pretty sure

Madara can avoid damage via hax no jutsu, that about it (so far)

rest are weaker, though still quite strong .. weakest I'd put Hidan

if someone is fighting Pein 1v1, Pein is 100% fresh and he's aiming to kill, not capture (very different) then I dare say Pein > Madara-prime/Shodai/Itachi/Jiraiya even (if they know about all bodies then that can be debatable .. but if not it's pretty much a 100% kill for Pein) and being second only to Rikudou Sennin
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 11:58   Link #585
Miles54321

Isnt Deidara the weakest? he had to get the 1 tail, aint it assigned by wt tail u have 2 go after?
Miles54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 21:34   Link #586
Gin
*Artist

I think chapter 489 confirmed that Hidan is the weakest.
Old 2010-04-08, 21:36   Link #587
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I think chapter 489 confirmed that Hidan is the weakest.
cause hes not being resurrected?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 21:38   Link #588
Gin
*Artist

Because he's the only one not resurrected.
Old 2010-04-08, 22:28   Link #589
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Because he's the only one not resurrected.
That is because Hidan is not dead. His head was simply removed from his body, but his special ability alows him to live on in the darkness of that hole in the forest.
There's a nice parody of that in the "ridiculous Naruto picture thread".
Old 2010-04-09, 00:03   Link #590
shisui_uchiha

Taka was the weakest in akatsuki. Pick your poison for which one.
shisui_uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:08   Link #591
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
That is because Hidan is not dead. His head was simply removed from his body, but his special ability alows him to live on in the darkness of that hole in the forest.
There's a nice parody of that in the "ridiculous Naruto picture thread".
If Kishi had wanted to bring him back he could have. Hidan has to constantly kill people to maintain his immortality but there was never a time limit stated. The fact that Hidan wasn't brought back is just a testimony to how weak Hidan actually was.
Old 2010-04-09, 01:10   Link #592
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
pain got defeated by naruto in sage mode... and i think if you know pains secret hes really not that hard to beat.
Not really. Pain could easily defeat Naruto in sage mode, but as a typical shonen thing, he had to force Kyuubi out.

By the time Kyuubi disappeared, Pain was basically out of energy and Naruto was all refreshed and at full power with his 3rd sage clone.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 01:15   Link #593
Kallen4life

Pein had to capture naruto, not kill - if he wanted to kill - he'd have done it after impaling his hands and before hinata interfered .. + he JUST OWNED all of Konoha solo

+ naruto still had to rely on uncontrollable Kyuubi & his father just happened to have that last resort ready to stop 9-th tail from opening

I believe Pein > anyone else still
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 04:31   Link #594
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles54321 View Post
Isnt Deidara the weakest? he had to get the 1 tail, aint it assigned by wt tail u have 2 go after?
The number of tails of their Bijuu is not necessarily an indication of a Jinchūriki's strength, and consider also that Gaara was the Kage of his village.

Like so many others, I feel Hidan is the weakest by far. He relied on taijutsu to draw blood of his opponent to do his one-shot ceremony, but his taijutsu skills were not so hot (he got outmaneuvered by Shichimaru, who poured some blood on his weapon as he tried to kill him) and he had only one jutsu. All in all, Hidan was very weak by Akatsuki standards since the only thing he had going for him was his immortality with ordinary Taijutsu, one ninjutsu and no genjutsu.

Hidan aside, Sasori was also vastly unimpressive...I had high hopes for him when he was introduced but he was out-puppeted by his grandmother. So much for the puppeter prodigy.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 10:00   Link #595
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Nevertheless, Sasuke mainly used the same methods (raikiri, sharingan) to defeat Deidara. Yet, in the end it took a summoning and a space/time ninjutsu, but then again, Kakashi could let the exploding Deidara disappear (just like he did with the clay clone before).
Not quite, Using Raiton jutsu isn't really the key to defeat Deidara's clay bombs, you need Raiton jutsu suited to the case. Can you imagine Kakashi charging bombs head on to pierce them with a Chidori? This isn't going to work well.
And contrary to Sasuke, Kakashi already shown when he faced Deidara that the only jutsu he had that could work at this kind of range was Kamui, the problem being that it's too taxing of a jutsu to work more than a couple of time and still let Kakashi be battle ready. And that's not addressing the fact that Kakashi lacks the ability of flight or the armor provided by the Cursed Seal.
Let's put it that way, Kakashi was completely spent after saving his team and team Gai from Deidara's explosive clone, now imagine that Deidara was fresh when they started to batle and thus neither clayless or armless. What could Kakashi had done against Deidara resuming the fight? Nothing. They would all have died there with the next explosion.

Story-wise I think Sasori, Kakazu and Deidara were about the same level of overall power with completely different fighting styles which made them more or less suited to fight certain type of opponents. But realistically speaking Deidara was probably the most lethal character of the entire show. He was basically a strategic bomber in a world void of any real anti-aircraft warfare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shisui_uchiha View Post
Taka was the weakest in akatsuki. Pick your poison for which one.
Taka were never really Akatsuki members, they were much like Sasori's underlings sacrificed to slow down the Gaara's rescue team. They wore the cloak for a little time but that's it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 10:35   Link #596
JustRob

I think the reason Hidan was accepted in Akatsuki was because of his capturing skills. After all, all he needed to do was get a small amount of blood, and with that he could injure a jinchuuriki to the point where he or she couldn't fight anymore. He was probably the most suited guy for that job.

Now that Akatsuki has been revived, it depends on if they retain their techniques. If Nagato still has the Rinnegan and the techniques that come with it (including mass ress), he's definitely the strongest now.
Old 2010-04-09, 10:41   Link #597
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Lol, if Nagato has mass ress as a zombie, could he bring back his own body and that of all the akatsuki making them no longer zombies?

Afraid it doesn't work like that. If I'm not mistaken he could only bring back those who he recently killed himself (the souls that got ripped out all seemed to end up trapped in that strange summon). So unless he has some reason to bring back people he kills from now on, that mass ress tech is rather pointless now... assuming he can still do it at all as a zombie.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 12:13   Link #598
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Actually, since Madara accepted Kabuto's offer to join forces, should we rank Kabuto in the akatsuki as well?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 12:32   Link #599
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Actually, since Madara accepted Kabuto's offer to join forces, should we rank Kabuto in the akatsuki as well?
Kabuto > Akatsuki...he owns the members now so yeah...
Old 2010-04-09, 13:55   Link #600
JustRob

I don't know, it is just a resurrection technique after all. Is it actually confirmed somewhere that the people brought back to life have to obey the one who resurrected them? Perhaps Shodaime and Niidaime just did it because they felt it was morally correct... Or whatever... It sounded like they had quite an attitude, talking all like "this kid summoned us?".

Anyway, even if Kabuto owns them, I think he could "give" them to Madara, or tell them they're free or whatever. If they keep their personalities, I don't even see how Deidara for example is going to obey Kabuto. Or Sasori, who owned Kabuto first. Can you see the irony?