AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 61 Rating
Perfect 10 50 71.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 8.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-15, 20:22   Link #41
Zek
Eyebrows...

So this is a pretty cool last boss fight and all, but... Where is Robo-Archer???
Old 2010-06-15, 20:28   Link #42
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Where's who?

Old 2010-06-15, 21:38   Link #43
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

You never saw the original adaptation?
Old 2010-06-15, 23:56   Link #44
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
So this is a pretty cool last boss fight and all, but... Where is Robo-Archer???
Only in the robo-first season, where he robo-belongs. I actually liked the first season for what it was, but that's one thing that, even among the various and sundry dimension hoppings and homunculus makings in the series, really tweaked my suspension of disbelief in a way that was very much at odds with the rest of even that series. Nerve-driven, presumably steampunk automail replacing missing limbs I can stomach, as it's easy to not think too hard about, but half his body and head? I think the hell not...

Plus he robo-sucked as a character.
Old 2010-06-16, 00:46   Link #45
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The 1st one & Shambala movie is definitely not my type to me. I mean those story lines doesn't even make any sense unlike the reboot ones.
Old 2010-06-16, 02:43   Link #46
Star Psyren 95
Retired Trainer

I just watched the episode earlier. Just pure win. Wrath went out like a man.

Was it just me or the series just turned into Fullmetal Alchemist Z?
Old 2010-06-16, 04:49   Link #47
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
I must have blocked that part out of my recollections, I guess.

Old 2010-06-16, 05:25   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
No, and i plan to keep it that way.
Old 2010-06-16, 06:58   Link #49
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I saw it and I had look up who Robo-Archer was supposed to be. Left a big impression on me ... XD
Still don't know what he was about, but I remember seeing him ... I think ..?

I guess watching the first anime after watching Brotherhood or reading the manga makes it only half as enjoyable as when you've watched it not knowing what could have been . I feel bad for it actually, it's still a good anime .. just made a few weird choices at the end. It will always have a little place in my fan heart, specially because it was what brought me to FMA. But I have to admit I don't remember that much from it's original material, apart from water mommy and the end.
Old 2010-06-16, 08:32   Link #50
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

You and me both, mate. You and me both.

Old 2010-06-16, 09:34   Link #51
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow.

Everything about this epi was just godly. The fight btwn Scar and Bradley, holy crap. Even with no arms this guy could probably beat most
people. I loved Greed's line about the satisified look on his face.

KIMBLEE!!! I totally didnt expect him to show up!! I saw it fitting that Pride was the last homoculus to die (and no Im not counting Greedling obviously). He really showed that inside that container was a little boy who's last thoughts were of his parents. His true form....I cant even explain how that hit me.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-16, 11:03   Link #52
Star Psyren 95
Retired Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Wow.

Everything about this epi was just godly. The fight btwn Scar and Bradley, holy crap. Even with no arms this guy could probably beat most
people. I loved Greed's line about the satisified look on his face.

KIMBLEE!!! I totally didnt expect him to show up!! I saw it fitting that Pride was the last homoculus to die (and no Im not counting Greedling obviously). He really showed that inside that container was a little boy who's last thoughts were of his parents. His true form....I cant even explain how that hit me.
Kinda like with Envy. Although in his case he went out a little more pathetic. Kinda sad really. However Wrath kept his honor even in the face of death. Much props for him.
Old 2010-06-16, 11:19   Link #53
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Psyren 95 View Post
Kinda like with Envy. Although in his case he went out a little more pathetic. Kinda sad really. However Wrath kept his honor even in the face of death. Much props for him.
I guess it shows how Arakawa made the Homunuculi "human" even if they didnt want to be. It makes sense considering they are based on human emotions but it went further to show in their own personalities. Envy was envious of humans, Bradley was satisified with everything that he'd done in life. Pride in all sense though powerful was simply a little boy and it showed. I really liked that.

Edit: Ok I watched the first series (and yes still enjoy it cuz I few it as completely seperate from the manga) but Ive totally forgotten who Robo-Archer was
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-16, 15:38   Link #54
Floris
Botan!

Wrath..

Wrath, Is he really dead? I think so, Maybe some people are confused by the fact he didn't "turn into dust", Probably since he's still human/homunculus mix up.
Old 2010-06-16, 15:39   Link #55
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Edit: Ok I watched the first series (and yes still enjoy it cuz I few it as completely seperate from the manga) but Ive totally forgotten who Robo-Archer was
Same here, I had forgotten about that guy... he really pissed me off back then, even more than Kimblee who happened to shine in this last ep.

Kimblee was in every sense of the word a true Human-Monster
Old 2010-06-16, 17:07   Link #56
Star Psyren 95
Retired Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris View Post
Wrath, Is he really dead? I think so, Maybe some people are confused by the fact he didn't "turn into dust", Probably since he's still human/homunculus mix up.
He wasn't a complete homunculus since he was still human and still suffered mortality instead of gaining immortality like a normal homunculus. So yeah, he's a dead man.
Old 2010-06-17, 12:38   Link #57
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

To whomever brought up robo-archer: GAH, I had to do a google search for him and I think I was trying to forget about that senselessmaking part. XP

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that the OP/Father's voice were out of place but I did catch some stuff this go around that I didn't in the manga. Going back to the original FMA anime, I remember some people in the manga thread were pointing out similarties and I think that Pride's line about Ed being almost a brother mirrors Envy from the first series and the "someone in our world dies whenever alchemy is used" sounded similar to the idea that alchemists in Amerstrias were working off of a giant philosophers stone (in effect, using up the lives of the people in the stone). And the explanation for why Ed and Al (and the other alchemists but they didn't comment on it) suddenly became more powerful made more sense here than the manga, but I could blame that on a bad fan translation too.

Bradely, dear lord, even after seeing the manga chapter first for this that was still a King moment of Badassery, probably the best death he could've gotten.
Old 2010-06-18, 09:21   Link #58
xxkathxx

Amazing episode. The pacing was quite fast. one event after the other.

I don't really get Wrath's speech but it has to do with his fascination (not exactly what i'm looking at but lack of a better word) with humans?

I thought that the part of Pride's "he's going to kill me" was done well. could hear his fear. and of course, the kimblee's scene = winz.
Old 2010-06-18, 15:53   Link #59
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Psyren 95 View Post
He wasn't a complete homunculus since he was still human and still suffered mortality instead of gaining immortality like a normal homunculus. So yeah, he's a dead man.
That's not the exact reason. If you remember when they put the P.Stone in Bradley there was a battle with his soul. In the end of all the souls that were once in the P.Stone only one remained. And that is why Bradley never had multiple lives like the other homunculus. Although he made up for that with amazing strength.
Old 2010-06-18, 20:16   Link #60
Star Psyren 95
Retired Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
That's not the exact reason. If you remember when they put the P.Stone in Bradley there was a battle with his soul. In the end of all the souls that were once in the P.Stone only one remained. And that is why Bradley never had multiple lives like the other homunculus. Although he made up for that with amazing strength.
More like pure skill. He's just THAT good.
Closed Thread